PDA

View Full Version : Is giannis the greatest big man in nba history?

Kawhi_Why_Not
02-09-2022, 03:42 PM
Giannis nearly doubles shaqs assists percentage, plays much better defense and can even shoot and dribble better.

Duncan just isn't a good enough scorer or athlete.

Giannis is a way better passer then Kareem as well and better defender and athlete.

Who else challenges giannis? It's starting to become clear he's the greatest big man of all time.

SouBeachTalents
02-09-2022, 03:45 PM
Jokic, somehow erased a 3-1 deficit and double digit deficits in 3 straight elimination games to knock off the heavily favored Clippers.

His presence in the paint also deterred Kawhi from driving, resulting in a humiliating 14 point on 6/22 performance in Game 7, without a single free throw attempted.

Kawhi_Why_Not
02-09-2022, 03:53 PM
Jokic, somehow erased a 3-1 deficit and double digit deficits in 3 straight elimination games to knock off the heavily favored Clippers.

His presence in the paint also deterred Kawhi from driving, resulting in a humiliating 14 point on 6/22 performance in Game 7, without a single free throw attempted.

Jokic? Hahahahaha he has the same playoff resume as Chris Paul did around 2019. Everybody used to make fun of Chris Paul.

SouBeachTalents
02-09-2022, 03:55 PM
Jokic? Hahahahaha he has the same playoff resume as Chris Paul did around 2019. Everybody used to make fun of Chris Paul.
That’s the guy Kawhi couldn’t hold a 3-1 lead against as the heavy favorite?

Yikes

Kawhi_Why_Not
02-09-2022, 03:58 PM
https://youtu.be/5I5xOkLFmH4

Kawhi_Why_Not
02-09-2022, 03:59 PM
That’s the guy Kawhi couldn’t hold a 3-1 lead against as the heavy favorite?

Yikes

Sure when Murray is carrying his fatass. 42 points to 15 in the closeout game I think it was, that's Jokics life peak. His life peak is when he scored 15 points and his teammate scored 42

Phoenix
02-09-2022, 04:35 PM
No, but the purpose of this thread isnt about Giannis. It's so OP can then proclaim that Kawhit beat the GOAT big man.

John_Connor
02-09-2022, 04:40 PM
no but he's only behind kareem, wilt, Russell, Shaq, duncan, Hakeem, Moses, garnett and dirk

I think he can pass the last 4 woth 1 more title

Kawhi_Why_Not
02-09-2022, 04:44 PM
No, but the purpose of this thread isnt about Giannis. It's so OP can then proclaim that Kawhit beat the GOAT big man.

https://youtu.be/z2nkG2fL-u8

Ok hank. You must of read my post history when sitting on the toilet.

Kawhi_Why_Not
02-09-2022, 04:46 PM
no but he's only behind kareem, wilt, Russell, Shaq, duncan, Hakeem, Moses, garnett and dirk

I think he can pass the last 4 woth 1 more title

Moses hahahahah wow

Wilt was a choker and never won a title as the teams leading scorer

Russell couldn't score

Shaq had Kobe and couldn't play defense like Giannis

Kareem had 1 dominant title run in 1972 then got hurt in 1980 and rest he wasn't dominant

L8krH8tr
02-09-2022, 04:55 PM
you don't know anything about basketball. Greek Freak is not considered a TRUE BIG TRADITIONAL CENTER.... you are stupid.

FultzNationRISE
02-09-2022, 05:05 PM
I mean Giannis benefits tremendously from the fact the referees let him go "bull in a china shop" on every play, and do whatever he wants in order to get to the basket. They don't call blatant travels, push-offs etc. because if they did he would lose a lot of star power which wouldnt be great for the league. He's simply not very skilled.

The game didn't used to be like that. Even though the average level of skill has gone up across the board, elevating above your peers used to require a higher skill level. Nowadays if you sign a big sneaker deal, refs will make sure they call the game in whatever way gets you points.

So I dunno. Depends what you mean by 'best.' If you simply mean most effective, I would still disagree that Giannis is the best ever (lol), but not as staunchly. If by best you are implying any degree of superior ability, I would laugh heartily.

Gudo
02-09-2022, 05:20 PM
I mean Giannis benefits tremendously from the fact the referees let him go "bull in a china shop" on every play, and do whatever he wants in order to get to the basket. They don't call blatant travels, push-offs etc. because if they did he would lose a lot of star power which wouldnt be great for the league. He's simply not very skilled.

The game didn't used to be like that. Even though the average level of skill has gone up across the board, elevating above your peers used to require a higher skill level. Nowadays if you sign a big sneaker deal, refs will make sure they call the game in whatever way gets you points.

So I dunno. Depends what you mean by 'best.' If you simply mean most effective, I would still disagree that Giannis is the best ever (lol), but not as staunchly. If by best you are implying any degree of superior ability, I would laugh heartily.

You're describing Lebron :oldlol:

John_Connor
02-09-2022, 05:30 PM
Moses hahahahah wow

Russell couldn't score

Kareem had 1 dominant title run in 1972 then got hurt in 1980 and rest he wasn't dominant

yeah but you're forgetting that

1. today's era is a literal joke

2. the other guys have a complete career

3. giannis is still kind of raw talent wise. he's dominant but he could work on quite a few areas like his back to the basket/back downs/outside shot (if he's gonna attempt so many. he doesn't have to)

4. he didn't get his team to the finals for that ring. it's nice but I think it's a little tainted cause he was hurt.

5. he beat cp3 in the finals. how hard is that to do

6. you're kind of a retard

SouBeachTalents
02-09-2022, 05:34 PM

3. giannis is still kind of raw talent wise. he's dominant but he could work on quite a few areas like his back to the basket/back downs/outside shot (if he's gonna attempt so many. he doesn't have to)

4. he didn't get his team to the finals for that ring. it's nice but I think it's a little tainted cause he was hurt.

Don’t forget every single contender having a significant injury last year too.

Axe
02-09-2022, 05:36 PM

He's always been a retard and thus, a big joke of a poster. That's why kawhit has never won anything after the 2019 finals.

Kawhi_Why_Not
02-09-2022, 05:55 PM

so did lakers shaq. he played like it was a f'n wrestling match

Kawhi_Why_Not
02-09-2022, 05:56 PM

assuming giannis stays on this pace for another 5 years

bucks beat hawks without trae or game 6 when trae couldn't even move.

Beating Paul\Booker is more impressive then beating anybody that Shaq ever beat?

Who did Duncan beat in the finals? Billups hahahahaha or Kidd

Giannis isn't really that raw talent anymore, he was doing fadeaway jumpers like he was hakeem in last years playoffs vs nets

Bronbron23
02-09-2022, 05:58 PM
Giannis nearly doubles shaqs assists percentage, plays much better defense and can even shoot and dribble better.

Duncan just isn't a good enough scorer or athlete.

Giannis is a way better passer then Kareem as well and better defender and athlete.

Who else challenges giannis? It's starting to become clear he's the greatest big man of all time.

Hell no but he could be when it's said and done. He could go down ad the greatest ever period.

ralph_i_el
02-09-2022, 09:59 PM
I don't think so yet, but he is on the short list of guys in the league right now who potentially could go down as the greatest big man. He has a lot of basketball yet to play.

k0kakw0rld
02-09-2022, 10:05 PM
https://zupimages.net/up/22/06/aoq6.jpg (https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=22/06/aoq6.jpg)

Full Court
02-09-2022, 10:09 PM
Hell no but he could be when it's said and done. He could go down ad the greatest ever period.

This. It's way too early to start saying he's the greatest big man. But depending on how the rest of his career plays out, he has the potential to be.

bison
02-09-2022, 10:13 PM
The trajectory is there. The way this dude is adding jumpers and low post game to his repertoire is crazy. If he adds another title or MVP I think you can make a case for being top 5 big man of all time. He's a mix of all the GOAT big men out there.

La Frescobaldi
02-10-2022, 01:48 AM
Moses hahahahah wow

Russell couldn't score

Clearly you only saw O’Neal when he was a Celtic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfxGMm4NehI

The rest of em is just lulz you never saw them play either.