PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea: Lakers - Nets - Rockets - 76ers

jalbert009
02-09-2022, 05:04 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8oh5ntc

Lakers Receive Kyrie Irving & Seth Curry
Lakers Send Russell Westbrook

Why? Well its no secret the Lakers have been shopping him but his contract has made it difficult to move him. And then we get a Lebron / Kyrie reunion. Kyrie is the scorer the Lakers need right now. Plus you get a great shooter in Curry!

Rockets receives Russell Westbrook and a 1st from 76ers
Rockets send John Wall

Why? The Rockets have voiced they would take his contract on for Wall as long as they get a first round pick.

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/21/report-rockets-open-to-trading-john-wall-for-russell-westbrook-draft-compensation/

76ers receive James Harden
76ers send Ben Simmons, Seth Curry & a 1st rd pick

Why? Morey is high on Harden and Simmons wants out. He hasnt played a single game this season. And this deal has been floating around the league as of late.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fadeawayworld.net/.amp/nba-trade-rumors/bill-simmons-reveals-the-brooklyn-nets-want-to-trade-james-harden-for-ben-simmons-but-seth-curry-must-be-included-in-the-deal

Nets receive John Wall & Ben Simmons
Nets send James Harden & Kyrie Irving

Why? James Harden's heart is no longer with this team. He always wanted to join Morey in Philly but logistically was impossible when he was a free agent. And he's not happy with the current state of the Nets especially with the Kyrie issues. Now the best part of this deal is now the Nets can move on from Part time Kyrie and have Wall instead who is currently healthy and can still ball. Wall and Kyrie's contracts both have 1 more season after this one so its not like Brooklyn is taking on a longer deal here.

Thoughts?

Spurs m8
02-09-2022, 05:27 PM
Kyrie already walked out on LeCancer once....

Manny98
02-09-2022, 05:28 PM
Mods?

meat
02-09-2022, 05:30 PM
Way too many moving parts for this to ever happen but it sounds fun!

jalbert009
02-09-2022, 05:33 PM
Kyrie already walked out on LeCancer once....

Well if Kyrie decides to retire then thats still okay. Lakers get out of a Max Contract and still have Seth Curry who is an excellent shooter. If Kyrie decides that playing and competing for a championship is better than retiring, then thats a good thing for the Lakers.

jalbert009
02-09-2022, 05:52 PM
Way too many moving parts for this to ever happen but it sounds fun!

Yeah thats true. But I feel this trade benefits all teams involved.

GrayGoat
02-09-2022, 05:54 PM
Trade idea: Boston sends Horford and Schroder to the Lakers for Westbrook

bladefd
02-09-2022, 09:10 PM
Nets would most likely kill it. I don't think they would want anything to do with Wall.

It's good otherwise though. Go back and try to figure out what would make it more appealing for Nets. Perhaps 76ers could give Maxey or Thybuille (sp) to Nets? Something to make it appealing while allowing salary to match.

jalbert009
02-10-2022, 01:18 AM
Nets would most likely kill it. I don't think they would want anything to do with Wall.

It's good otherwise though. Go back and try to figure out what would make it more appealing for Nets. Perhaps 76ers could give Maxey or Thybuille (sp) to Nets? Something to make it appealing while allowing salary to match.

I dont know if the 76ers would be willing to give up more than Simmons, Curry and a 1st rounder for Harden but in terms of the Nets not wanting Wall, at least they get a player thats at least vaccinated and can play in their home court. Wall probably isnt worth the money he is on now but last season in 40 games he averaged 20.6ppg and 7apg. Hes not the scorer Kyrie is but he is probably still a Top 10 point guard in the league when healthy.

imdaman99
02-10-2022, 01:49 AM

Maxey is untouchable :kobe: he's a future star

bladefd
02-10-2022, 02:08 AM
Someone posted this in Lakers subreddit.. This may be a good one:

https://i.redd.it/mdkq7jf26vg81.jpg

bullettooth
02-10-2022, 02:10 AM
NO.

Lakers deserve to rot. **** them and their trade offers.