PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else like Ben Simmons with KD and Kyrie?

Im Still Ballin
02-10-2022, 09:44 AM
The trio intrigues me. I think he fits well on that squad.

Simmons
Kyrie Irving
Joe Harris
Kevin Durant
Center

Brings a DPOY-level defender and replaces Harden's playmaking. To maximize that lineup, a center that can stretch the floor would be ideal. Although, Irving, Harris, and Durant together is probably enough of a spacing threat. Not to mention that KD and Irving are two of the best isolation scorers in the NBA.

In clutch situations, having ben as an off-ball screener to occupy the defense would work. He could also set on-ball screens, but he could be scared to go to the free throw line -- but that's another issue.

sixerfan82
02-10-2022, 09:47 AM
Simmons would make that lineup better, despite it currently only being for road games due to Kyrie's beliefs.

Im Still Ballin
02-10-2022, 09:53 AM
Most recent updates on the trade situation:

[Wojnarowski] ESPN Sources: Although Brooklyn Nets guard James Harden wants a trade to the Philadelphia 76ers, he has resisted making that formal request out of fear of the public backlash that would come with asking out of a second franchise in consecutive seasons.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1491767979398385675

[Wojnarowski] Harden's hopeful Morey secures trade for him today, but Morey and Sean Marks have yet to become engaged in serious dialogue on a deal. There’s an expectation sides will talk today and possibility of deal remains. Both teams are left measuring the risk-reward of a Harden deal now.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1491768936085565449?t=T_qq6fMSj1KJgnJ1khTZYA&s=19

ThRRR3tardSatan
02-10-2022, 10:03 AM
The fact that Harden already wants out again is enough to wanna screw him over and send him to the Pelicans for Brandon Ingram or CJ McCollum and draft picks. He wanted Nets or 76ers when he was traded from Rockets. Now he specifically wants the 76ers, a rival of the Nets.

John_Connor
02-10-2022, 10:33 AM
any true basketball fan would wish for simmons to be forced to sit out the remainder of his contract and never get another one.. if they trade him to a contender and gets what he wants then more guys will do what he did

ArbitraryWater
02-10-2022, 12:45 PM
not sure how kyrie and ben starting together works out

i guess kyrie would be full SG

marLeY baLL
02-10-2022, 12:56 PM
coLT

https://netswire.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/9/2021/01/USATSI_15490926-e1611815156269.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

bizil
02-10-2022, 01:43 PM
Simmons on the Nets would be a great look. Kyrie would move to the SG flat out. He was doing that already when he and Harden played in the backcourt together. Now the Nets would have Simmons and KD out there together. TWO positionless types of players in their own ways. SO MUCH positional flexibility the Nets could use with those two. And Simmons is still hella young. Hasn't even hit his peak days yet. KD have NEVER played with a true pass first PG like Simmons before. His PG's were score first types of players at heart. Ben has no scoring ego. He will be plenty happy scoring 15 PPG to go with the dimes, rebounding, and DPOY caliber defense.

Manny98
02-10-2022, 02:18 PM
Nobody's beating that trio, the only thing you can do is prey for injuries

ImKobe
02-10-2022, 02:25 PM
Nobody's beating that trio, the only thing you can do is prey for injuries

With Curry spacing the floor as well?

Really love the fit for Brooklyn if Simmons can get his mind right.

zeerghit
02-10-2022, 02:30 PM
this team has a great, great balance between offense and defense

Im Still Ballin
02-10-2022, 02:32 PM
this team has a great, great balance between offense and defense

Someone like Myles Turner would be the cherry on top.

zeerghit
02-10-2022, 02:34 PM

that would be SCARY good

bladefd
02-10-2022, 02:39 PM
not sure how kyrie and ben starting together works out

i guess kyrie would be full SG

What? Defensively, kyrie will be pg & Simmons sf. Offensively, kyrie will be sg and Simmons pg.

bladefd
02-10-2022, 02:40 PM

Nets unfortunately don't have the assets unless if they move Joe Harris or something.

Kblaze8855
02-10-2022, 02:57 PM
They are people who don’t?

Im Still Ballin
02-10-2022, 03:01 PM
Nets unfortunately don't have the assets unless if they move Joe Harris or something.

We'll see what happens

Massey] The #Nets have interest in acquiring #Pacers center Myles Turner, although Indiana has a lot of interest in keeping him as well and would have to be blown away by an offer. A trade for Turner is something to watch as the deadline draws closer.

https://twitter.com/massey_evan/stat...7eGAAO-qA&s=19

Bronbron23
02-10-2022, 03:07 PM
The trio intrigues me. I think he fits well on that squad.

Simmons
Kyrie Irving
Joe Harris
Kevin Durant
Center

Brings a DPOY-level defender and replaces Harden's playmaking. To maximize that lineup, a center that can stretch the floor would be ideal. Although, Irving, Harris, and Durant together is probably enough of a spacing threat. Not to mention that KD and Irving are two of the best isolation scorers in the NBA.

In clutch situations, having ben as an off-ball screener to occupy the defense would work. He could also set on-ball screens, but he could be scared to go to the free throw line -- but that's another issue.

I do. They don't have a true point gaurd. Kyrie is really a shooting gaurd. This trade looks good for both teams.

ArbitraryWater
02-10-2022, 03:27 PM
What? Defensively, kyrie will be pg & Simmons sf. Offensively, kyrie will be sg and Simmons pg.

thats what i just said you ****ing moron