PDA

View Full Version : Reaction to the trade that sent Marvin Bagley to the Pistons

dd24
02-10-2022, 01:57 PM
Not sure how I feel about this. He's had opportunities and hasn't looked good. I guess there's upside there. I just don't like giving up multiple draft picks. Jackson and Lyles fine. Maybe one 2nd. But two of them seems like overkill for a guy who may never be a consistent player. And you have to figure the Pistons are really bad. While I enjoy watching the young core grow, develop and get better this is going to be one of the worst 3 teams in the league record wise. So where they will be drafting they will need to be getting a guy who plays the same position as Bagley more than likely. Plus we still have guys like Jerami Grant and Kelly Olynyk. I don't necessarily see the point of the deal other than they have a big with some upside that they'll likely replace in the draft this off season. I hope that with a change of scenery that he reaches his potential. I'll just try to stay positive and hope this turns into a good deal.

insidehoops
02-27-2022, 03:11 PM
Love reading your Pistons takes.

dd24
02-27-2022, 03:24 PM
Whoops - see below

insidehoops
03-01-2022, 01:22 AM
Holy crap, I accidentally edited your post while I was replying to it. I meant to click "reply" and somehow instead clicked "edit."

WTF.

Sorry about that! Obviously I saw your reply. I then deleted it because it looked strange.

That was an accident obviously.

As I meant to say: yup, I hear you. Would be cool to round a few Pistons fans up.

Will be easier when they are better, of course.

What's interesting though is, they DO read the posts here.

dd24
06-30-2022, 07:19 PM
After seeing how he closed the season out with the Pistons I'm hoping they are bringing him back. That would be a very interesting young core of Cunningham, Ivey, Bey, Bagley, Duren, and then another lottery pick in Hayes coming off the bench with Stewart as a backup too.