PDA

View Full Version : Nets traded for two players Simmons and Drummond who will refuse to shoot the ball

AirBonner
02-10-2022, 08:19 PM
At the end of games :lol

ArbitraryWater
02-10-2022, 08:51 PM
dont they have kd/kyrie/lma/griff/seth/patty to take shots at the end of games?

Meticode
02-10-2022, 08:56 PM

Those players weren't brought in to shoot the ball. They'll more than make up for shooting the ball with Seth, Kyrie, Patty and Durant from deep.

AirBonner
02-10-2022, 08:56 PM
Those players weren't brought in to shoot the ball. They'll more than make up for shooting the ball with Seth, Kyrie, Patty and Durant from deep.

Still teams will be gaming for it

Kblaze8855
02-10-2022, 09:22 PM
They still have like 5 scorers 2 of them arguably the best scoring options to ever play their position with Mills and Curry thrown in there too. The whole roster does not need to shoot. Like….why even bring up Drummond?

Rosters do not need to be shooters top to bottom. Basketball is way more than that. The other team needs to be prevented from scoring late as well.

90sgoat
02-10-2022, 09:23 PM
No one cares about the Nets, what a joke team.

Spurs m8
02-10-2022, 09:24 PM

This

Plus they fleeced them for 2 first rounders...AND got rid of one of the most cancerous players in the league.

Granted, they picked up a pretty cancerous player too...but there's hope for him

Kawhi_Why_Not
02-10-2022, 09:29 PM
Simmons/Irving/Durant is like draymond/curry/Durant

The combination of curry and mills is klay

There are loaded. Drummond will only play 12 minutes.

The only way it backfires is if Simmons and Irving start acting like head cases or something. I think Simmons was justified anyway after doc/embiid put all the blame on him after the hawks elimination.

NBAGOAT
02-10-2022, 09:40 PM
Simmons/Irving/Durant is like draymond/curry/Durant

The combination of curry and mills is klay

There are loaded. Drummond will only play 12 minutes.

The only way it backfires is if Simmons and Irving start acting like head cases or something. I think Simmons was justified anyway after doc/embiid put all the blame on him after the hawks elimination.

kyrie not playing road games is the biggest roadblock lol.

Shogon
02-10-2022, 09:43 PM
They still have like 5 scorers 2 of them arguably the best scoring options to ever play their position with Mills and Curry thrown in there too. The whole roster does not need to shoot. Like….why even bring up Drummond?

Rosters do not need to be shooters top to bottom. Basketball is way more than that. The other team needs to be prevented from scoring late as well.

There is absolutely zero argument for Kyrie as being a better scorer than Steph Curry.

If you want to focus strictly on ISO scoring, then yes, Kyrie is in that conversation for PGs.

Wait on second thought there's no way in hell I'm taking him over Iverson strictly as an ISO scorer, either, though the argument could be made that Iverson wasn't a PG especially considering he spent time at SG, but Irving isn't a PG either, certainly not in any sort of traditional sense. He is a SG through and through.

tpols
02-10-2022, 09:46 PM
This is.... a mind boggling thread. Your hero has been both saved and decimated by kyrie and Durant in the clutch respectively. Patty Mills too in 2014. And they got a curry brother. :lol

tpols
02-10-2022, 09:51 PM
There is absolutely zero argument for Kyrie as being a better scorer than Steph Curry.

If you want to focus strictly on ISO scoring, then yes, Kyrie is in that conversation for PGs.

Wait on second thought there's no way in hell I'm taking him over Iverson strictly as an ISO scorer, either, though the argument could be made that Iverson wasn't a PG especially considering he spent time at SG, but Irving isn't a PG either, certainly not in any sort of traditional sense. He is a SG through and through.

Kyrie H2H in the playoffs has better numbers and efficiency than Curry. We've literally seen kyrie destroy curry... head to head... on the highest stage. Splash a game 7 Finals game winner in his face and hang 40 point games. And this is coming from a huge Curry fan. Stop being an idiot.

beasted
02-10-2022, 09:55 PM
Kyrie, Curry, Harris, Durant, Simmons is a good closing lineup. If they play hack a Simmons it will result in putting some awesome FT shooters at the line once over the limit.

NBAGOAT
02-10-2022, 09:58 PM
Kyrie, Curry, Harris, Durant, Simmons is a good closing lineup. If they play hack a Simmons it will result in putting some awesome FT shooters at the line once over the limit.

harris is maybe out for the year. Think we'll see a good amount of aldridge

Shogon
02-10-2022, 10:02 PM
Kyrie H2H in the playoffs has better numbers and efficiency than Curry. We've literally seen kyrie destroy curry... head to head... on the highest stage. Splash a game 7 Finals game winner in his face and hang 40 point games. And this is coming from a huge Curry fan. Stop being an idiot.

What the **** are you talking about?

Steph Curry shits on Kyrie Irving.

Switch Steph and Kyrie for that series and how do you think it goes? Get the **** out of here with this ignorant shit.

bizil
02-10-2022, 11:30 PM
The thing that is not being talked enough is the Nets NOW can be scary playing small ball, mid sized, and large lineup. Drummond involved in that trade gives them a big body to defend the big centers. Simmons and KD are POSITIONLESS types of players in their own way. IF you had to, you could LEGIT play Simmons and KD as a supersized backcourt. The Nets wouldn't need to do that. BUT offensively AND defensively, you could LEGIT DO THAT! Because Simmons can guard PG's flat out. KD can defend SG's flat out if he had to.

OR you could play them at the PF and C together. Or at the SF and PF. In terms of floor game (passing, rebounding, defense), size, positional versatility, and athletic ability as a package, peak Bron, Giannis, and Simmons are in a class by themselves. Putting a player like that alongside KD and Kyrie is gonna be trouble for the rest of the league.

Simmons can be EXACTLY WHO HE IS and be just fine! His shortcomings (which aren't much, just based around scoring skillset and FT) are EASILY ADDRESSED by KD and Kyrie. PLUS u got Curry and Patty for sniper shit. If Harris was healthy, even more ammo to spread the floor. Just saying with this trade, the Nets ARE NOW ready for any kind of action! Before you couldn't say that. Even with KD-Kyrie-Harden, they had defense and size issues. And people are viewing Simmons in the Draymond role. A point power forward. Where OF COURSE he can thrive. BUT for me, I view Ben as the PG FLAT OUT! Who can play ANY POSITION defensively. And offensively can be a PG, point forward, or point power forward type. Or small ball center. Like a Magic or Bron type. Draymond is more EXCLUSIVE to point power forward and small ball center.

AirBonner
02-10-2022, 11:32 PM
The thing that is not being talked enough is the Nets NOW can be scary playing small ball, mid sized, and large lineup. Drummond involved in that trade gives them a big body to defend the big centers. Simmons and KD are POSITIONLESS types of players in their own way. IF you had to, you could LEGIT play Simmons and KD as a supersized backcourt. The Nets wouldn't need to do that. BUT offensively AND defensively, you could LEGIT DO THAT! Because Simmons can guard PG's flat out. KD can defend SG's flat out if he had to.

OR you could play them at the PF and C together. Or at the SF and PF. In terms of floor game (passing, rebounding, defense), size, positional versatility, and athletic ability as a package, peak Bron, Giannis, and Simmons are in a class by themselves. Putting a player like that alongside KD and Kyrie is gonna be trouble for the rest of the league. Simmons can be EXACTLY WHO HE IS and be just fine! His shortcomings (which aren't much, just based around scoring skillset) are EASILY ADDRESSED by KD and Kyrie. PLUS u got Curry and Patty for sniper shit. If Harris was healthy, even more ammo to spread the floor. Just saying with this trade, the Nets ARE NOW ready for any kind of action! Before you couldn't say that. Even with KD-Kyrie-Harden, they had defense and size issues.

What’s scary is that defense letting Kuzma style all over them

bladefd
02-11-2022, 12:20 AM

KD & Kyrie are 2 of the clutchest players in history. Seth Curry is pretty clutch too. Patty Mills has been in that situation many times with Spurs so he could be valuable.

Drummond won't even be playing in crunch time so don't consider him.

Simmons however could be an issue if opponents use hack-a-Shaq. I would keep an eye on it if he is missing his FTs in crunch time. That could be a liability that could send him to the bench. If Nets can build up a lead then it would not matter, but you can't expect that against teams like Bucks or Miami or Philly. Many games will come down to the buzzer, and Simmons has to make enough FTs to be respectable.

3ba11
02-11-2022, 12:51 AM
Nets got exactly what they need - rid of cancer Harden while adding significant defense, rebounding and shooting... boom.. what a heist.. they will contend now for years to come.. KD's future expected titles increased materially.

Kblaze8855
02-11-2022, 08:17 PM

Im not sure a better combo of finishing, midrange game, and outside shooting has ever existed…and if it did they had worse handles. Kyrie has perhaps the most complete scoring skill set for a small guard ever. He’s in the conversation. But at the same time no point is just kicking Stephs ass either scoring wise. They are both acceptable answers to the question for me. I wouldn’t fight over it.

Curry is a perfectly acceptable pick. Different strengths.

Curry the more impactful player of course but that isn’t really the question.

GOBB
02-12-2022, 03:07 PM
This

Plus they fleeced them for 2 first rounders...AND got rid of one of the most cancerous players in the league.

Granted, they picked up a pretty cancerous player too...but there's hope for him

Fleeced? Yeah enjoy that end of the bench, rotational player at best late first rd pick. Late firsts aren’t worth nearly as much as lottery firsts.

Manny98
02-12-2022, 08:03 PM
I'm not supposed to say this but I know a guy who knows Simmons trainer and all I'm going to say is that Simmons has been working on his jumpshot

I would not be surprised if starts hitting 3s and is hitting free throws at a 70+% clip when he returns, from what I have been told he's developed a legit jumpshot

MrFonzworth
02-12-2022, 08:05 PM
I'm not supposed to say this but I know a guy who knows Simmons trainer and all I'm going to say is that Simmons has been working on his jumpshot

I would not be surprised if starts hitting 3s and is hitting free throws at a 70+% clip when he returns, from what I have been told he's developed a legit jumpshot

I also know a guy who knows Simmons' trainer and he confirmed that the trainer does know a guy in Hastings, England.

Real Men Wear Green
02-12-2022, 08:10 PM

I know a guy that knows you're full of shit. Also we have seen summer videos of Simmons hitting jumpers since he entered the NBA. The real hurdle is that he's scared to do it in a game that matters and it's on him to overcome that fear

MrFonzworth
02-12-2022, 08:14 PM
I know a guy that knows you're full of shit. Also we have seen summer videos of Simmons hitting jumpers since he entered the NBA. The real hurdle is that he's scared to do it in a game that matters and it's on him to overcome that fear

What an amazing sense of humor you have

1987_Lakers
02-12-2022, 08:14 PM

We have heard this story before. :oldlol:

SATAN
02-12-2022, 08:27 PM

:oldlol:

:facepalm