PDA

View Full Version : The NBA is finally great again

ArbitraryWater
02-11-2022, 07:50 AM
It was great for a short year in 2020, the last time before that in 2016.

But there are far more great teams now than both those years or most years before.

We have like 7 teams that would not surprise as champions:
Bucks/Nets/Sixers/Heat/Suns/Warriors, next year a healthy Clippers/Nuggets will be added to that mix, and if the Mavericks do something real with Luka, then they would be as well.

:pimp::rockon::banana:

I think I'm a fan again

nayte
02-11-2022, 07:57 AM
Huh that year sucked covids no crowds. The last best was 2016.this year is looking good tho

PeroAntic
02-11-2022, 08:11 AM
The Bulls are every bit a contender as those teams.

SouBeachTalents
02-11-2022, 10:49 AM
Agreed, this is the first time that both conferences are legitimately up for grabs since the mid 2000's.

Wally450
02-11-2022, 10:54 AM
Agreed, this is the first time that both conferences are legitimately up for grabs since the mid 2000's.

When was the last time you'd say? 2007 seems like a good shout. Stout Western conference and the Pistons slowly fading opening the door for other teams. Arguably the beginning of LeBron's emergence.

Full Court
02-11-2022, 10:54 AM
2020 was the worst year in the history of the NBA. With no fans, the atmosphere was terrible. Just no excitement at all.

Last year was a great year. All the colluders got eliminated early, and it was anyone's guess who would end up with the championship. Should be just as good this year.

SouBeachTalents
02-11-2022, 11:05 AM
When was the last time you'd say? 2007 seems like a good shout. Stout Western conference and the Pistons slowly fading opening the door for other teams. Arguably the beginning of LeBron's emergence.
From like '05-'07 I felt like neither conference had a true prohibitive favorite heading into the playoffs, and the East actually had 2 legit teams in '05 & '06.

SouBeachTalents
02-11-2022, 11:07 AM
2020 was the worst year in the history of the NBA. With no fans, the atmosphere was terrible. Just no excitement at all.

Last year was a great year. All the colluders got eliminated early, and it was anyone's guess who would end up with the championship. Should be just as good this year.
Yep, having a conference finals of the Kawhi less Clippers & the CP3 less Suns, then the Giannis less Bucks & the Trae less Hawks was riveting television, the kind of playoff series you tell your grandkids about.

WhiteKyrie
02-11-2022, 11:07 AM
Definitely prefer 2 superstars max per team.

Three is just too much. I mean LeBron started that cowardly short cut, talent stacking agenda. But I prefer the league balance of two-ish true superstars max.

It was fantastic pre plandemic and then the meaningless Mickey Mouse bubble chip for all the reasons you defined.

ArbitraryWater
02-11-2022, 11:26 AM

Im talking from a competitive point of view.

ArbitraryWater
02-11-2022, 11:27 AM

I still doubt that but let's see.

BarberSchool
02-11-2022, 11:45 PM
The officiating changes have significantly decreased a lot of the really damaging dishonest trash behavior.

Letting “those plays” be embarrassing airballs, embarrassing no-calls, and embarrassing turnovers, is how they should always be handled.

It’s already yielding a better product, inside a single season.

Axe
02-12-2022, 02:29 AM
:facepalm

Axe
02-12-2022, 02:32 AM
People should've been moving on from the warriors already since the 2019 finals concluded but iggy and klay's presence on the team just made them fortunate once again.

When kong emerged with the heatles, the Cs weren't able to get past him anymore during the postseason.

Spurs m8
02-12-2022, 03:28 AM
This is beyond fvcking hilarious hahahaha

OPs hero changes the league and was a major part in turning it into a b1tch made super friends league...and now he's happy we have competition again.

If you actually like real sport and competition, how can you stan LeBarry and have an av like that?

You literally make no sense.

k0kakw0rld
02-12-2022, 10:28 AM

But there are far more great teams now than both those years or most years before.

Bucks/Nets/Sixers/Heat/Suns/Warriors, next year a healthy Clippers/Nuggets will be added to that mix, and if the Mavericks do something real with Luka, then they would be as well.

I think I'm a fan again
Raptors are in the mix.

Gohan
02-12-2022, 10:49 AM
Magically the two biggest bron twats; southbeachtalents and arbitrary agree that league was great the last times lebron won the championship. How surprising, yall never cease to amaze me.

Full Court
02-12-2022, 11:45 AM
Magically the two biggest bron twats; southbeachtalents and arbitrary agree that league was great the last times lebron won the championship. How surprising, yall never cease to amaze me.

Right? Can you even imagine calling 2020 a great year for basketball?

:yaohappy:

Manny98
02-12-2022, 12:00 PM

I think I'm a fan again
:roll:

Manny98
02-12-2022, 12:01 PM
Raptors are in the mix.

:roll: