PDA

View Full Version : Where is Markelle Fultz?

PeroAntic
02-11-2022, 03:56 PM
Hes been clear to come back for a month and there is still no time table. I saw a clip of him shooting threes pre game, his 3pt shot is still the same so its clear hes not using the time to change his form.

Hes still one hell of a player, driving and midrange game is elite, so is passing and defense, but his history is really unfortunate and might destroy him in the end.

RRR3
02-11-2022, 04:02 PM
Idk. Feel bad for the guy though.

FultzNationRISE
02-11-2022, 04:24 PM
He needs to RISE.

Real Men Wear Green
02-11-2022, 04:30 PM
"Elite?" That is at least a half-serious question. I reflexively reject the idea that he in any way excels at the NBA level but when I think about it I can't recall a single play of his. I assume that at some point he played in a game vs the Celtics so I have to have seen him in action but I can't remember it.

So I can't honestly say that I am sure he is not an elite driver or that he isn't good from mid-range and that he isn't special as a defender or passer.

But wouldn't a guy that is good in all of those areas have left his mark on the league?

The only thing I can remember about him is that trade between the Celtics and Philly.

But you could be right. He was drafted #1 for something no?

PeroAntic
02-11-2022, 05:23 PM
But wouldn't a guy that is good in all of those areas have left his mark on the league?

Shows how important the three ball has become. But hes been finishing 65% around the rim and shooting 46% beyond 16 feet in 2020 before the injury. Super quick and strong on his drives and his midrange pullup looked very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_WqK41uPNY

Some fantastic passes on display in this video. I distinctly remember him coming to Staples and bullying Lebron. But the injuries and the pressure of being #1 pick seems is gonna mentally destroy him. No timetable for a return despite being fit is evidence of that.

HylianNightmare
02-11-2022, 06:09 PM
Him and Isaac were my rays of hope for Orlando and both have been out all year. Smh

E_Stamkos
02-11-2022, 06:19 PM
This is the most recent update I found and it's from 2 weeks ago.

Fultz (knee) won't play Friday against the Pistons and remains out indefinitely.

Fultz has yet to make his 2021-22 debut. He resumed practicing in the G League at the beginning of January after a stint in COVID-19 protocols, but he remains without a timetable to return to game action.

At least he's getting reps in the G League :confusedshrug:

BarberSchool
02-11-2022, 11:56 PM
The game is changing and evolving rapidly, in ways that are making Markelle’s limited skill set and playstyle unable to compete in terms of PPP with the evolving modern game.

theman93
02-12-2022, 12:06 AM
Management is holding him and Isaac out. A couple folks on a Magic board from a different site said both were in warmups the other night.

Spurs m8
02-12-2022, 07:00 AM
Shows how important the three ball has become. But hes been finishing 65% around the rim and shooting 46% beyond 16 feet in 2020 before the injury. Super quick and strong on his drives and his midrange pullup looked very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_WqK41uPNY

Some fantastic passes on display in this video. I distinctly remember him coming to Staples and bullying Lebron. But the injuries and the pressure of being #1 pick seems is gonna mentally destroy him. No timetable for a return despite being fit is evidence of that.

I enjoyed that.

Refreshing to see the inside game in today's league, like Ja.
Some really nice passes as well

PeroAntic
02-12-2022, 05:22 PM
I enjoyed that.

Refreshing to see the inside game in today's league, like Ja.
Some really nice passes as well

If he comes back at that level he is a very solid player, like #3 or #4 option at worst on a contender. But hes been through so much shit that he probably feels cursed at this point.

RRR3
02-12-2022, 06:41 PM
If he comes back at that level he is a very solid player, like #3 or #4 option at worst on a contender. But hes been through so much shit that he probably feels cursed at this point.
Number 4 on a contender isn’t that hard to reach. Guys like Mario Chalmers, Derek Fisher, and John Paxson have been that. All good role players but hardly what you expect from a number one pick.

PeroAntic
02-12-2022, 10:46 PM
Number 4 on a contender isn’t that hard to reach. Guys like Mario Chalmers, Derek Fisher, and John Paxson have been that. All good role players but hardly what you expect from a number one pick.

Obviously hes not gonna fulfill expectations of a #1 pick, but I could see him peak at the level of Tobias Harris or even Jrue Holiday, if this injury hasnt finally broken him.

PeroAntic
03-03-2022, 11:23 AM
In the two games against Indiana he is 10/12 from the field with strong drives and smooth midrange jumpers. The three is probably never gonna be there, but Im glad he hasn't lost a step from the ligament tear.

LLL3
03-03-2022, 11:46 AM
The game is changing and evolving rapidly, in ways that are making Markelle’s limited skill set and playstyle unable to compete in terms of PPP with the evolving modern game.

They said the same thing about DeFrozen.

I like Fultz's herky jerky way he moves down court. Seems like it confuses the defense. Boy just needs to stay healthy and finally put it all together

PeroAntic
03-14-2022, 07:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXqDOQp8RW0

11 assists in 18 minutes. and some of those dimes are exquisite. They need to remove his minute restriction.