PDA

View Full Version : Harden pledged commitment to Nets while gauging exit plan

E_Stamkos
02-11-2022, 08:16 PM
Great guy Greg over here.

Probably explains why Nash was adamant he was staying.

Though James Harden assured the Brooklyn Nets' brain trust he was committed to sticking with the team long term, his actions behind the scenes throughout the 2021-22 season reportedly told a different story.

The 32-year-old's desire to join the Philadelphia 76ers prior to formally informing Nets general manager Sean Marks and owner Joseph Tsai became apparent after word got back to the team he had approached several player agents for advice on his potential exit, sources told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne and Adrian Wojnarowski.

Harden, a max-contract player, has not retained an agent of his own in several years.

Even still, Harden reportedly continued to tell the Nets not to believe rumors about his discontentment. Eventually, Harden reportedly told his GM he wanted a trade to Philadelphia. As a result, he and the team agreed he'd sit out until the trade deadline. He then left Brooklyn on Wednesday to return to Houston while awaiting a deal.

Harden's wish was ultimately granted on Thursday; the 32-year-old was traded to Philadelphia for a package of players and draft assets headlined by three-time All-Star Ben Simmons - a disgruntled figure in his own right.

Meanwhile, the Nets - with Kevin Durant sidelined with an MCL sprain and the unvaccinated Kyrie Irving barred from playing home games - are losers of 10 straight.

https://www.thescore.com/news/2296729/related

fsvr54
02-11-2022, 08:18 PM
I wanted to root for Philly if the Hawks got bounced but now I can't. Miami it is

Gohan
02-11-2022, 08:23 PM
I wanted to root for Philly if the Hawks got bounced but now I can't. Miami it is

Nah f that root for harden. He got too many haters and hes a better player than 99% of the league

Taurus
02-11-2022, 08:27 PM
He's trying to follow his good buddy Westbrook's footsteps and play for 4 teams in 4 years.

Would be 5 teams in 4 years but Lakers weren't able to trade Russ.

E_Stamkos
02-11-2022, 08:31 PM
Nah f that root for harden. He got too many haters and hes a better player than 99% of the league

Unless you're a Philly fan and/or have a peculiar fetish for beards that look as though they smell like the rotting anus of a roadkill skunk, I see no reason to heed your blithering advice.

FireDavidKahn
02-11-2022, 09:49 PM
Healthy Nets are the best in the league.

Spurs m8
02-11-2022, 10:04 PM
An absolute gutter worm on and off the court

r0drig0lac
02-11-2022, 10:39 PM
https://i.gifer.com/DSXJ.gif

BarberSchool
02-11-2022, 11:42 PM
He's trying to follow his good buddy Westbrook's footsteps and play for 4 teams in 4 years.

Would be 5 teams in 4 years but Lakers weren't able to trade Russ.We joke but that 5 teams in 4 is sadly true.

Russ that orphan nobody likes, who steals his foster sister’s skirts. :roll:

As for James, he is walking into a great situation where he can flex his playmaking, and if he plays some defense, and stays focused… possibly win a title. But he has to focus intently on both sides of the ball in a way I have never seen him do yet in his career.

But James is smart af, saavy, got all the talent he needs.
Son is just a spoiled lazy princess.
But he has the ability to flip the mental switch he needs to.
Imagine a serious James, lifting, eating right, and not playing…

imdaman99
02-12-2022, 12:40 AM

Would be 5 teams in 4 years but Lakers weren't able to trade Russ.

That's because he asked to be traded off all those teams. Only really left on bad terms with rockets and their fans but that's a toxic franchise fan group.

Taurus
02-12-2022, 02:48 AM
That's because he asked to be traded off all those teams. Only really left on bad terms with rockets and their fans but that's a toxic franchise fan group.

Yeah I know Westbrook left OKC and the Wizards on pretty amicable terms, I just find it funny how both he and Harden seem to be shuffling through teams on a yearly basis now

k0kakw0rld
02-12-2022, 10:07 AM
Based on what? 3 individuals who never got to play together ever? You are a casual.

Real Men Wear Green
02-12-2022, 10:22 AM

Second best player can't play in home games. No idea when their third best player will play. Irving and Simmons are two of the most frustrating headcases of their generation. No one should bet against them but who would be shocked if KD is alone on the court for a first round exit?

ArbitraryWater
02-12-2022, 02:30 PM
What a boss.

James dont **** with that stacked olympian ***** ass KD shit.

bladefd
02-12-2022, 03:10 PM

Tbh, I really root for Embiid. I like his play, personality, and attitude. However, Harden being there makes it very difficult to root for philly. I can't stand Harden..

ArbitraryWater
02-12-2022, 03:38 PM
Tbh, I really root for Embiid. I like his play, personality, and attitude. However, Harden being there makes it very difficult to root for philly. I can't stand Harden..

wait, Harden broke apart that olympian superteam shit, shouldnt he be good in most ppls books now?

FireDavidKahn
02-12-2022, 03:57 PM
Second best player can't play in home games. No idea when their third best player will play. Irving and Simmons are two of the most frustrating headcases of their generation. No one should bet against them but who would be shocked if KD is alone on the court for a first round exit?

I think you misread my post. WHEN HEALTHY the Nets are the best in the league. Although I guess to be 100% fair that is including Joe Harris in this scenario and there is no guarantee to that.

E_Stamkos
02-12-2022, 04:55 PM
wait, Harden broke apart that olympian superteam shit, shouldnt he be good in most ppls books now?

Comes as zero surprise that you're white knighting for this clown. You've been systemized to accept, espouse, mimic and appreciate such bitch made behaviour.

Out here trying to prop up pube face like he's some cancel culture hero. F*uck outta here.

noonereal
02-12-2022, 05:03 PM

Not with Kyrie they aren't.

The guy is cancer.

He is why the Net's are in turmoil not James.

bison
02-12-2022, 05:50 PM
So many players in this league are such backstabbing divas. This type of passive aggressiveness is a very feminine trait. It really seems to have been begun when a certain player who shall go unmentioned made a certain ‘Decision’

Wally450
02-12-2022, 06:33 PM

What about in the playoffs?

Real Men Wear Green
02-12-2022, 06:41 PM
I think you misread my post. WHEN HEALTHY the Nets are the best in the league. Although I guess to be 100% fair that is including Joe Harris in this scenario and there is no guarantee to that.

That's the thing: Irving and Simmons are physically healthy. Mental is highly questionable and if Simmons is really dealing with performance anxiety or whatever this issue is and this wasn't just a plot to get out how can we know the trade cured it? When Embiid calls him a choking bitch in the third quarter will he just refuse to play until a therapist makes him feel good again? Our society is much more empathetic towards soft people but we haven't actually cured them of their softness and the predators of the world will still abuse them without mercy.

Spurs m8
02-12-2022, 06:51 PM
So many players in this league are such backstabbing divas. This type of passive aggressiveness is a very feminine trait. It really seems to have been begun when a certain player who shall go unmentioned made a certain ‘Decision’

:applause::applause:

ArbitraryWater
02-12-2022, 06:57 PM
Comes as zero surprise that you're white knighting for this clown. You've been systemized to accept, espouse, mimic and appreciate such bitch made behaviour.

Out here trying to prop up pube face like he's some cancel culture hero. F*uck outta here.

the only bitch made behaviour was them teaming up.

he broke that shit up and the league is in good hands again.