PDA

View Full Version : What was Durant thinking leaving the Dubs

PeroAntic
02-12-2022, 05:27 PM
He had a beef with Draymond? Big deal, they talked and got over it. Now he has a beef with Harden.

He was annoyed at people saying hes a frontrunner? He created an even bigger three in brooklyn. Still the same ring value (easy road, stacked).

He wanted to live in NY? He was in San Francisco, not Minneapolis or Oklahoma ffs. Whats the upgrade here?

Makes no sense. He could have had 4-5 rings if he stayed there along with FMVPs. Hes just a weird guy making stupid decisions all the time because hes an oversensitive diva.

SouBeachTalents
02-12-2022, 05:34 PM
He was clearly very unhappy there. He didn't get even close to the credit for winning those titles that he thought he would, despite winning b2b FMVP's and putting up godly numbers in the Finals. He was getting clowned by Peyton at the ESPY's even after winning championships, using burners on twitter to defend himself from attacks, and was clearly never even close to as beloved or respected on the Warriors as Curry was.

I think he knew staying with Golden State he was never going to get credit for winning those championships, and in fairness, when he went to Brooklyn it was just him and Kyrie that signed there initially. They didn't trade for Harden until the following season.

FilmyCogTurner
02-12-2022, 05:51 PM
The noise of the fans and media got to him. Those rings were cheap and a championship someplace else will validate him.

He's good enough to embark on such a challenge but like anyone else he needs the horses around him to complete the mission.

John8204
02-12-2022, 05:51 PM
People forget that Durant played on four different teams in five years in High School/College. This is how he's always been and he's likely going to leave Brooklyn to play on another stacked team. It's basically ruined his legacy in my eyes because he's never going to be a dynasty player.

WhiteKyrie
02-12-2022, 06:21 PM
He was clearly very unhappy there. He didn't get even close to the credit for winning those titles that he thought he would, despite winning b2b FMVP's and putting up godly numbers in the Finals. He was getting clowned by Peyton at the ESPY's even after winning championships, using burners on twitter to defend himself from attacks, and was clearly never even close to as beloved or respected on the Warriors as Curry was.

I think he knew staying with Golden State he was never going to get credit for winning those championships, and in fairness, when he went to Brooklyn it was just him and Kyrie that signed there initially. They didn't trade for Harden until the following season.

Agreed.

And you’re right, he didn’t plot to have a third mega star like Harden there. That was Harden forcing a trade and BK being the winner of the Harden trade sweepstakes (even though James prob wanted to go to Philly) in fact I wonder if KD felt like he was back in the same boat he was with Golden State being overly and cowardly competitive levels of stacked-ness when they ended up getting James.

I also think there is another layer to him wanting out of Golden State, that I may or may not be inferring too much but there was this element of the Warriors being like a grown up team full of suburb light skin handsome rich kids, and KD being the talented grimy city dude. Where there was some lacking in relatability and friendship.

Kyrie is talented but also his friend, so they vibed.

He was kind of friends with Draymond, but Draymond also kind of treated his ass to his core, preying on obvious insecurities Kevin was dealing with. Soft-ness and b1tch-ness etc. and because KD wasn’t there from the start to build the winning culture like Steph / Klay / Dray, they could (well Draymond is the shit talker) could hold it over his head. How they beat him. He joined them. He needed them, more than vice versa. Which in actuality is factual.

The Warriors still could’ve won either of those Finals vs Cleveland without Durant’s godly production. That’s why it was so stupid for him to go there, and also so obviously chicken shit.

Wally450
02-12-2022, 06:32 PM
He knew no one gave him credit for those rings. He wanted to leave to prove to people he could possibly win one elsewhere. Thing is, he won't win one again. He's got a very fragile ego. Had he not, he would still be in GS going for his 4th or 5th ring probably.

90sgoat
02-12-2022, 06:32 PM
Durant's an afterthought to me, like not in the conversation anymore, like Lebron.

Ego players who have all kind of agendas.

Why bother with these narcissist millennial stars when we have so many great zoomer stars on the rise?

John_Connor
02-12-2022, 06:35 PM
before durants injury the nets were almost in first place. durant was the leading scorer in the nba and probably on his way to winning league mvp. vegas picked the nets to win it all with harden and now with simmons. neither durant or curry have won a title since the split so to say durant made a mistake leaving doesn't really make sense. especially considering how bad the warriors were last year. the nets came 1 inch from probably going to the finals and winning it all but durants toe was on the line

hes just had some bad luck with injuries

Full Court
02-12-2022, 06:35 PM
A lot of people think he was jealous of Curry, since most of the GS fans considered it Curry's team, not Durant's. Don't know if that's true or not, but that was the rumor.

WhiteKyrie
02-12-2022, 06:46 PM
Durant's an afterthought to me, like not in the conversation anymore, like Lebron.

Ego players who have all kind of agendas.

Why bother with these narcissist millennial stars when we have so many great zoomer stars on the rise?
Bruh don’t get silly. Don’t disrespect.

Millenials run it.

They gave you:

Best Shooter Ever, Curry.
Best Handles Ever, Kyrie.

3rd Best SF / Scorer Ever, KD.
3rd Best PG Ever, CP3.

Second Best Player Ever, LeBron

RogueBorg
02-12-2022, 06:49 PM
He had a beef with Draymond? Big deal, they talked and got over it. Now he has a beef with Harden.

He was annoyed at people saying hes a frontrunner? He created an even bigger three in brooklyn. Still the same ring value (easy road, stacked).

He wanted to live in NY? He was in San Francisco, not Minneapolis or Oklahoma ffs. Whats the upgrade here?

Makes no sense. He could have had 4-5 rings if he stayed there along with FMVPs. Hes just a weird guy making stupid decisions all the time because hes an oversensitive diva.

Durant and Lebron are cut from the same weak mental cloth, Durant might actually be weaker mentally seeing some of his social media posts. Also, each had to collude to get their first ring.

SouBeachTalents
02-12-2022, 06:50 PM
Bruh don’t get silly. Don’t disrespect.

Millenials run it.

They gave you:

Best Shooter Ever, Curry.
Best Handles Ever, Kyrie.

3rd Best SF / Scorer Ever, KD.
3rd Best PG Ever, CP3.

Second Best Player Ever, LeBron
You got KD over Bird? CP3 over (I'm assuming) Oscar?

ArbitraryWater
02-12-2022, 06:52 PM
Not enough recognition.

Didnt gel enough personally with the players either.

Sometimes players dont get satisfaction from crusing.

Satisfaction comes through hardship.

ArbitraryWater
02-12-2022, 06:53 PM

they did also still have LeVert and Dinwiddie though lol. And Jarret Allen.

WhiteKyrie
02-12-2022, 07:00 PM
You got KD over Bird? CP3 over (I'm assuming) Oscar?

SF:
1) LeBron
2) Bird
3) KD

PG:
1) Magic
2) Isiah
3) CP3
4) Curry

Oscar is a loser to me. Much like a precursor to Westbrick. Bad attitude. Not a true PG either. He was a combo guard - point forward.

Same way I don’t know how to rank Jerry West. He was a combo guard. If he’s a PG, I have him 5th, if he’s a SG I have him 4th.

Edit

SG:
1) MJ
2) Kobe
3) Wade
4) West

SATAN
02-12-2022, 07:35 PM
He's lucky Michael Rapaport didn't break his legs.

WhiteKyrie
02-12-2022, 07:37 PM
He's lucky Michael Rapaport didn't break his legs.

:roll: nice one, bro. Made me spit out some drink.

PeroAntic
02-12-2022, 10:56 PM

If this was the problem, going to Brooklyn and teaming up with other stars would have never helped his case. And he actively recruited Harden. Now hes got a sidekick asking for a trade away from him. That doesnt bode well for his resume.

Hes just such a manchild. He doesn't know what he wants. If he were to just stick it out with GSW we would have been speaking many more rings. And quantity would compensate for quality.

red1
02-12-2022, 11:35 PM
very respectable decision to leave the warriors. good on KD.

the league was trash those years

kawhileonard2
02-13-2022, 12:09 AM

Won two titles with them and got hurt.

Stephonit
02-13-2022, 01:32 AM
KD did all he could do with the Warriors. He won a championship on a team that was possibly the best ever. Certain important questions were answered. No one can take that away from him. If he had won more rings with them would it significantly change people's opinion of him? Leaving was the right thing to do freeing him up to do possibly more to answer different questions.

Axe
02-13-2022, 05:51 AM
A lot of people think he was jealous of Curry, since most of the GS fans considered it Curry's team, not Durant's. Don't know if that's true or not, but that was the rumor.
Well he shouldn't have been there in the first place.

PeroAntic
02-13-2022, 10:27 AM
KD did all he could do with the Warriors. He won a championship on a team that was possibly the best ever. Certain important questions were answered. No one can take that away from him. If he had won more rings with them would it significantly change people's opinion of him? Leaving was the right thing to do freeing him up to do possibly more to answer different questions.

It would have made sense if he didn't collude again with superstars, like if he left for Boston or homecoming to Washington. What he did was more of the same, just without the success. :confusedshrug:

jmcwilliams
02-13-2022, 10:28 AM
Donkey was really getting on his nerves.

Cali Syndicate
02-13-2022, 11:55 AM
He thought the bay would love him like the do curry. He's is appreciated though cause he definitely played a vital piece during those ships, but curry, klay, dray, these guys pulled the warriors out of the long playoff drought for a starved fanbase. The bay has a very strong sports culture and outside of that 2007 we believe stint, were talking close to 20 years of frustration. Durant joined a team that was basically one bucket from a 2peat. Those core 3 were created such a huge momentum swing for the fans, Durant on the other hand joined it. He was never gonna get that same admiration.

Durant looking to validate he's a winner though. If nets can get healthy, the new additions are a really good fit. Healthy warriors vs health nets would make such a great finals.

Thenameless
02-13-2022, 08:09 PM

Not a GSW fan. It's Curry''s team. Won without Durant. Will retire there.

PeroAntic
02-13-2022, 08:50 PM
How can you not love playing for GSW if youre a shooter? Tons of open shots, shitload of spacing and you get to win a bunch of titles. I mean wasn't that the logic why he went there? What changed?

TheGoatest
02-14-2022, 02:08 AM
He knew that nobody values his two rings with the Warriors whatsoever, so he figured that if he wins another one he can say "See, I won without a 73-9 supporting cast too", and that would automatically validate his two Warriors rings as well.

Phoenix
02-14-2022, 10:09 AM

If that's true I don't know why Durant would have assumed the fans would give him the keys to the team so to speak. Steph is the heart and soul of the Warriors engine, the fans were never going to appreciate KD to that extent.

hold this L
02-14-2022, 10:51 AM
If that's true I don't know why Durant would have assumed the fans would give him the keys to the team so to speak. Steph is the heart and soul of the Warriors engine, the fans were never going to appreciate KD to that extent.

Because he copied his buddy Lebron and was delusional enough to think that would happen with Steph, who had more championships, MVPs and beat him before he even stepped foot into the arena that summer. All these guys have an absurd level of ego to be that good, so it makes sense even though for normal people like us it's stupid as **** when we look & apply some common sense.

8Ball
02-14-2022, 11:22 AM
Because deep down he was unhappy. Bottom line.

He was unhappy because he could never escape the shadow of Steph Curry's GOAT 73 win team. Durant joined that team and free rolled his way to 2 championships. Off the foundation that Steph built.