PDA

View Full Version : Let's be clear and honest with ourselves - this is why he can't be GOAT.

Shaquille O'Neal
02-13-2022, 03:11 AM
Just really bad in late game situations. I'd have bet anyone any amount of money he wouldn't hit 3 free throws in a row.
This, coupled with 0-8 in the finals for last 10 seconds come from behind / go ahead shots (Seriously - 55 finals games, Zero for EIGHT in "buzzer beaters" to win or go ahead.

I have him right at where his number is = 6th all time.

My top 5:
MJ
Kareem
Wilt
Magic
Duncan

But I'm old - 48. I got to watch Larry Bird in high school, and got to see GOAT MJ play live in person. Lebron's a very talented player, don't get me wrong, but just too many weaknesses in his game mentally. Yes his playoff overall scoring record is impressive, but is it really? Came straight out of high school, had 7 game series' his entire career. Other great all-time playoff scorers went 3-4 years in college and either didn't have a first round at all or a 5 game series. When Toronto/Indiana regularly take you to 7 games, yeah you'll rack up the points. But none of this matters - I'd gladly take the other 5 dudes ahead of him in any era.

Spurs m8
02-13-2022, 03:30 AM
Yeah the lack of clutch gene is another blemish in a career of blemishes

I think EVERYONE knew he wasn't hitting 3 Fts...especially given the timing of them.

Westbrook_Fan
02-13-2022, 03:33 AM
Bron got you up at night starting threads eh

John_Connor
02-13-2022, 03:46 AM
wilt and magic were chokers though. OPs formula is confusing

even Duncan choked away a ton of 1st seeds and bricked a point blank layup to lose an nba finals to miami

TheGoatest
02-13-2022, 03:52 AM
https://images4.imagebam.com/fb/c9/26/ME7SCR4_o.png

Enjoy your rest of the season making of an injury-plagued 37 year old LeBron in his 19th season, who is playing on an extremely flawed roster.
We have the rest of eternity.

:banana:

RogueBorg
02-13-2022, 03:20 PM
Just really bad in late game situations. I'd have bet anyone any amount of money he wouldn't hit 3 free throws in a row.
This, coupled with 0-8 in the finals for last 10 seconds come from behind / go ahead shots (Seriously - 55 finals games, Zero for EIGHT in "buzzer beaters" to win or go ahead.

I have him right at where his number is = 6th all time.

My top 5:
MJ
Kareem
Wilt
Magic
Duncan

But I'm old - 48. I got to watch Larry Bird in high school, and got to see GOAT MJ play live in person. Lebron's a very talented player, don't get me wrong, but just too many weaknesses in his game mentally. Yes his playoff overall scoring record is impressive, but is it really? Came straight out of high school, had 7 game series' his entire career. Other great all-time playoff scorers went 3-4 years in college and either didn't have a first round at all or a 5 game series. When Toronto/Indiana regularly take you to 7 games, yeah you'll rack up the points. But none of this matters - I'd gladly take the other 5 dudes ahead of him in any era.

Everyone knew Bron wasn't hitting all 3 free throws last night. E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E