PDA

View Full Version : Where is the criticism of Matthew Stafford for not winning a ring with the Lions?

TheGoatest
02-14-2022, 02:00 AM
Couldn't win a ring until he "jumped ship". Shouldn't he be butchered by the haters? :confusedshrug:
Oh, that's right. He doesn't really have haters to give enough of a damn because he is clearly not on his way to become GOAT. :oldlol:

Bawkish
02-14-2022, 02:15 AM
Bron stans are like insecured Brittney stans, but worse

AirBonner
02-14-2022, 02:16 AM
Op is spot on

Real Men Wear Green
02-14-2022, 02:36 AM
This is a basketball message board you dumb shit. You expect to see some morons like yourself criticizing a player for getting traded in a completely different sport?

John_Connor
02-14-2022, 02:38 AM
who cares about matt stafford

Spurs m8
02-14-2022, 03:22 AM
Didn't know Stafford ran around calling himself the King, chosen one and GOAT.

Let's not even begin on the fact the sports are totally different

TheGoatest
02-14-2022, 05:37 AM
who cares about matt stafford

My point exactly. :oldlol:
If you LeBron haters were secure enough about LeBron not being GOAT, then you wouldn't feel the urge to dispute this claim. But you do. 24/7/365. Because you know he is the GOAT, and it pisses you off. :oldlol:

jayfan
02-14-2022, 05:37 AM
Couldn't win a ring until he "jumped ship". Shouldn't he be butchered by the haters? :confusedshrug:
Oh, that's right. He doesn't really have haters to give enough of a damn because he is clearly not on his way to become GOAT. :oldlol:

Or... If anyone were to ever become silly enough to suggest he might be the GOAT, then he would be butchered.

rawimpact
02-14-2022, 10:03 AM
This is a basketball message board you dumb shit. You expect to see some morons like yourself criticizing a player for getting traded in a completely different sport?

Spread his warm buns and give it to him raw

RogueBorg
02-14-2022, 10:28 AM

He's the same as Lebron and Durant. He needed to jump ship to the Rams to carry him to his first ring.

r0drig0lac
02-14-2022, 10:41 AM
who cares about NFL
fixed

Wally450
02-14-2022, 01:03 PM
Because Stafford is nowhere near being the GOAT. Also, the Lions are a dogshit organization that never put pieces around Stafford to win. The one time they did with Calvin Johnson, they set records. Detroit just couldn't put appropriate pieces around those guys to win.

ImKobe
02-14-2022, 01:11 PM
Because Stafford is nowhere near being the GOAT. Also, the Lions are a dogshit organization that never put pieces around Stafford to win. The one time they did with Calvin Johnson, they set records. Detroit just couldn't put appropriate pieces around those guys to win.

He was tied for most INTs this season and he has the best WR we've seen since Moss and his Oline is solid and he arguably has the best defense in the game helping him stay in games as well. He's always been a solid QB (fringe top 10 guy) but I've never had him as one of the best QBs in a given season, he's just not on that level.

John_Connor
02-14-2022, 01:12 PM
My point exactly. :oldlol:
If you LeBron haters were secure enough about LeBron not being GOAT, then you wouldn't feel the urge to dispute this claim. But you do. 24/7/365. Because you know he is the GOAT, and it pisses you off. :oldlol:

only 3ball is that insecure. I mock lebron a lot but I've never really entertained a jordan vs lebron debate. he's more in kobes class or below among fans and players

warriorfan
02-14-2022, 01:27 PM
Op is losing it.

Hey Yo
02-14-2022, 01:32 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLhsu7MWUAISRSn?format=jpg&name=900x900

theman93
02-14-2022, 01:50 PM
He's the same as Lebron and Durant. He needed to jump ship to the Rams to carry him to his first ring.

:lol facts.

RogueBorg
02-14-2022, 01:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLhsu7MWUAISRSn?format=jpg&name=900x900

That's great!

tpols
02-14-2022, 02:04 PM
Stafford has been in the league for over a decade and at least offensively didn't join any superstars. Cooper kupp was never a superstar with Jared goff. So Stafford was the key all along to the Rams winning.

The Heat otoh won before LeBron with Wade so LeBron team hopped to a championship team (like Durant). Stafford made the Rams a championship team despite half his offense going down ~ woods, Odell, higbee, etc.

RogueBorg
02-14-2022, 02:07 PM
Stafford has been in the league for over a decade and at least offensively didn't join any superstars. Cooper kupp was never a superstar with Jared goff. So Stafford was the key all along to the Rams winning.

The Heat otoh won before LeBron with Wade so LeBron team hopped to a championship team (like Durant). Stafford made the Rams a championship team despite half his offense going down ~ woods, Odell, higbee, etc.

:applause: All facts

tpols
02-14-2022, 02:11 PM
He was tied for most INTs this season and he has the best WR we've seen since Moss and his Oline is solid and he arguably has the best defense in the game helping him stay in games as well. He's always been a solid QB (fringe top 10 guy) but I've never had him as one of the best QBs in a given season, he's just not on that level.

Cooper Kupp is nice but he's definitely not Randy moss level. Calvin Johnson, Terrell Owens, Julio Jones, Marvin Harrison are all better talents and then you got guys like prime aj green, fitz, Steve smith, tyreek, Davante Adams, demaryius Thomas, Andre johnson and probably more that are on his level.

ShawkFactory
02-14-2022, 02:18 PM

lol what?

Spurs m8
02-14-2022, 02:37 PM

So it's LeBron winning a ring with that Lakers squad before AD came along

The one where he couldn't even make the playoffs.

Even after activating playoff mode.

tpols
02-14-2022, 03:00 PM
So it's LeBron winning a ring with that Lakers squad before AD came along

The one where he couldn't even make the playoffs.

Even after activating playoff mode.

Basically... Cooper Kupp never even made a pro bowl til this year playing with stafford. A pro bowl selection is the NBA equivalent of All Star. It would be like if LeBron made Brandon Ingram a superstar and won the title with him. But football is more complicated because defense is half the game and Stafford had more help there.

ImKobe
02-14-2022, 03:07 PM
Cooper Kupp is nice but he's definitely not Randy moss level. Calvin Johnson, Terrell Owens, Julio Jones, Marvin Harrison are all better talents and then you got guys like prime aj green, fitz, Steve smith, tyreek, Davante Adams, demaryius Thomas, Andre johnson and probably more that are on his level.

No one's had a better season than this since Moss and Kupp did it with Stafford & not a top 10 All-time QB. I know the numbers are more favorable in today's era but I've watched enough of the Rams to feel comfortable making that argument.

Kupp just had 6 receiving TDs in one SB run. Harrison only has 2 for his Playoff career. TO has 5. Julio Jones has 6. Tyreek Hill has 5.

I know it's just one season so that's why I'm saying it's arguable, but find me another receiver that had a better single season (RS + Playoffs) in the last 15 years. Not only did he lead in catches, TDs & yards, but he also was the OPOY & the only one besides Rodgers & Brady to get an MVP vote. He did this with a QB who was tied for most INTs this season.

I'm not saying he's the most talented because there are better athletes at his position but you can't deny the season he just had and how he carried the Rams in the Playoffs. Stafford did his best to lose some of these games and Kupp saved them time & time again.

Basically... Cooper Kupp never even made a pro bowl til this year playing with stafford. A pro bowl selection is the NBA equivalent of All Star. It would be like if LeBron made Brandon Ingram a superstar and won the title with him. But football is more complicated because defense is half the game and Stafford had more help there.

Kupp's had a 10 TD season before and he played with one of the worst QBs in the league. There's no doubt that there are more variables to winning in Football but It's not just that Kupp was an "All-Star" this season, he was voted the best offensive player in the league and was All-Pro 1st team while his QB didn't even make the Pro Bowl because he led the league in INTs. Lol @ comparing Stafford to Lebron James.

tpols
02-14-2022, 03:12 PM
No one's had a better season than this since Moss and Kupp did it with Stafford & not a top 10 All-time QB. I know the numbers are more favorable in today's era but I've watched enough of the Rams to feel comfortable making that argument.

Kupp just had 6 receiving TDs in one SB run. Harrison only has 2 for his Playoff career. TO has 5. Julio Jones has 6. Tyreek Hill has 5.

I know it's just one season so that's why I'm saying it's arguable, but find me another receiver that had a better single season (RS + Playoffs) in the last 15 years. Not only did he lead in catches, TDs & yards, but he also was the OPOY & the only one besides Rodgers & Brady to get an MVP vote. He did this with a QB who was tied for most INTs this season.

I'm not saying he's the most talented because there are better athletes at his position but you can't deny the season he just had and how he carried the Rams in the Playoffs. Stafford did his best to lose some of these games and Kupp saved them time & time again.

Bro he never made a single pro bowl team all those years playing on stacked rams teams until he had Matt Stafford throwing him the ball. Just stop. :oldlol:

Its totally absurd hyperbole to say he's the best WR since randy moss. It would be like saying after in 1986 that Kevin McHale is the best big man since wilt Chamberlain. Kupp is nice... but he couldn't even make an all star team until Stafford was throwing him the rock.

ImKobe
02-14-2022, 03:26 PM
Bro he never made a single pro bowl team all those years playing on stacked rams teams until he had Matt Stafford throwing him the ball. Just stop. :oldlol:

Its totally absurd hyperbole to say he's the best WR since randy moss. It would be like saying after in 1986 that Kevin McHale is the best big man since wilt Chamberlain. Kupp is nice... but he couldn't even make an all star team until Stafford was throwing him the rock.

Yes, he went from a below-average QB (who had a noodle arm) to an above-average QB with a cannon. He's only the 3rd receiver in NFL history to win OPOY and he's the only WR to win the triple crown (receptions, TDs, yards) since 2005 and he backed that up with a SB MVP. Some of these WRs you listed don't even have 6 TDs for their Playoff career and he did it in one season, all while being doubled the entire Playoffs. I'm not a Rams fan either and rooted against them all the way to the SB win and this guy frustrated the hell out of me with how often he got open, despite being doubled on the majority of the snaps.

Kevin McHale never led the league in anything outside of FG%. He never won a Finals MVP.

Stafford threw for 41 TDs this season. He had not thrown for 30+ TDs in a season since 2015. His numbers have not been this good since playing with prime Megatron. I think Kupp had something to do with that.

warriorfan
02-14-2022, 03:27 PM

Kupp's had a 10 TD season before and he played with one of the worst QBs in the league. There's no doubt that there are more variables to winning in Football but It's not just that Kupp was an "All-Star" this season, he was voted the best offensive player in the league and was All-Pro 1st team while his QB didn't even make the Pro Bowl because he led the league in INTs. Lol @ comparing Stafford to Lebron James.

You are selling Stafford a little short here. He does have a lot of picks but he nails throws only where his receiver can get it more. He’s a great QB.

ImKobe
02-14-2022, 03:32 PM
You are selling Stafford a little short here. He does have a lot of picks but he nails throws only where his receiver can get it more. He’s a great QB.

He's a really good tier 2 QB, which is a MASSIVE upgrade over Goff.

John8204
02-14-2022, 03:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jHR6YQvsIc

Spurs m8
02-14-2022, 03:43 PM

And to top it off....Ingram was MIP literally the season after LeBarry shipped him off.

LeBarry was literally holding him back with his garbage, team killing style of ball - that couldn't even get them into the playoffs.

My god this guy is such a L.O.S.E.R

ShawkFactory
02-14-2022, 04:47 PM
His numbers have not been this good since playing with prime Megatron.

Prime Megatron was after Moss.

You can't say "RS + Playoffs" as if it's some sort of penalty for a wide receiver to not be on a team that made the Super Bowl.

Calvin had a 1700 yard 16 TD season in 2011. In the one playoff game he was over 200 yards and scored twice.

1987_Lakers
02-14-2022, 05:42 PM
Prime Megatron was after Moss.

You can't say "RS + Playoffs" as if it's some sort of penalty for a wide receiver to not be on a team that made the Super Bowl.

Calvin had a 1700 yard 16 TD season in 2011. In the one playoff game he was over 200 yards and scored twice.

I agree. Calvin Johnson is easily the best WR since Moss.

Kupp had an outstanding year, but to make it sound like if he was a nobody before this year is just wrong. He had over 1100 yards and 10 TDs just a couple of years ago. "But he didn't make the pro bowl". No shit, the fans vote for pro bowlers and there are many WRs with bigger names than Kupp, but production wise he was already pro Bowl caliber.

tpols
02-14-2022, 06:06 PM
I just looked it up fellas and reaffirmed.

Cooper Kupp in 4 years with a loaded Rams team featuring prime MVP Todd Gurley to take away attention averaged 900 yards and 6 TDs per season. Last year? He went for 974 and 3 TDs.

"Best WR since randy moss."

:lol :facepalm

Its no coincidence he literally put up his whole careers worth of numbers in one season this year with stafford feeding him. The only variable that changed was Stafford. They even totally lost their running game and that upgrade still superceded everything.

1987_Lakers
02-14-2022, 06:30 PM
I just looked it up fellas and reaffirmed.

Cooper Kupp in 4 years with a loaded Rams team featuring prime MVP Todd Gurley to take away attention averaged 900 yards and 6 TDs per season. Last year? He went for 974 and 3 TDs.

"Best WR since randy moss."

:lol :facepalm

Its no coincidence he literally put up his whole careers worth of numbers in one season this year with stafford feeding him. The only variable that changed was Stafford. They even totally lost their running game and that upgrade still superceded everything.

He's clearly not the best WR since Moss, but it's pretty weak of you to list those numbers while not providing context. He was on pace for 1100 yards and 12 TDs in 2018 before he got injured. Also missed a game last year which didn't allow him to reach 1000 yards. Again, he was pro bowl caliber.

Jasper
02-14-2022, 06:33 PM

Stafford had ZEO chance with the lions '''' THEY SUCKED BIG TIME

For him to go to the Rams showed his skill set as well as his coach defining his role as the super bowl champs.

I am happy for him.