PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or is Nikola Jokic starting to reach GOAT level

iamgine
02-14-2022, 09:06 AM
I'm talking about peak Lebron/MJ/Kareem level. Do people realize this or am I crazy?

Bankaii
02-14-2022, 09:30 AM
I have never seen a guy get so much credit for doing almost nothing significant (outside of the MVP) in my life.

Akeem34TheDream
02-14-2022, 09:49 AM
Idk about you but for me making decent to good teams great is more impressive and important than making below average teams above average. I know it is dependant of your team and stuff you don't control but it is what it is. The goal is to win and to be great as a team. Guys like KD & Kawhi > Harden & Westbrook(Peak).
So stats are not telling the whole story. Also playoffs are where you earn your legacy. Nuggets getting swept by Suns and CP3 exposing Jokic on the P&R's wasn't a great look for him.

expansionera
02-14-2022, 09:50 AM
I have never seen a guy get so much credit for doing almost nothing significant (outside of the MVP) in my life.

Any white star becomes God himself in the NBA fandom, Phil Jackson talked about this a bit in his autobiography when the media would rush past Frazier and Reed to interview a young Bill Bradley.

Bronbron23
02-14-2022, 01:29 PM
I'm talking about peak Lebron/MJ/Kareem level. Do people realize this or am I crazy?

It's just you bruh. Until he does it on the biggest stage he dosn't deserve to be in the same breath as those guys.

tontoz
02-14-2022, 03:17 PM
Denver is missing their 2nd and 3rd offensive options due to injury yet Jokic is still leading them to a winning record in the West. He is averaging 26/14/8 with a 66% TS.

:applause:

Manny98
02-14-2022, 03:24 PM
He needs to do more in the postseason to be put in that category

But regular season wise he's up there with the best

ImKobe
02-14-2022, 03:41 PM
Needs to do it in the Playoffs before we start the GOAT talk. There are 2 other bigs who are putting up comparable stats right now.

Is this the first time in league history that we have THREE 31+ PER seasons in one year? Because Giannis and Embiid both are at 31.8 right now. I can't recall one off the top of my head.

We could see three players break the previous All-Time single-season PER record this year.

GrayGoat
02-14-2022, 03:43 PM
Celtics Rob Williams put up 15/17 on him. He’s a good player but loses to superior black genes

SouBeachTalents
02-14-2022, 04:07 PM
Not crazy, just stupid. For as great of a season as he's having, he hasn't even separated himself as the clear cut best big man in the league. Even if you think he is, Giannis & Embiid are right there with him. And you're asking if he's at Jordan & LeBron's level :oldlol: This is the type of hyperbole that will only bring a player unwarranted hate.

FultzNationRISE
02-14-2022, 04:10 PM
He needs to do more in the postseason to be put in that category

But regular season wise he's up there with the best

Pretty much this.

John_Connor
02-14-2022, 04:12 PM
over the past month and a bit no 2 players have been better than Luka and Jokic

yet all the media talks about is embiid. wonder why

:rolleyes:

FultzNationRISE
02-14-2022, 04:13 PM
It's just you bruh. Until he does it on the biggest stage he dosn't deserve to be in the same breath as those guys.

It hasnt got to be on the biggest stage per se IMO, no player would take his current roster to a finals.

But he does need more elite playoff performances under his belt to be compared with guys who were great in the post season over a course of 10-15 years.

In terms of his overall game in a regular season context tho, it’s absolutely not unreasonable to say he is the “best” player ever, when you take size and skill set into account. Not saying it’s a fact, just that it’s a reasonable contention.

ImKobe
02-14-2022, 04:25 PM
over the past month and a bit no 2 players have been better than Luka and Jokic

yet all the media talks about is embiid. wonder why

:rolleyes:

Embiid has been insane over the last 25 games. 23 straight games of 25+ and is averaging 34/11/5 since Dec 16. Luka's numbers are getting up there but he hasn't sustained it for as long yet this season, he's at 32/10/9 over his last 15 but Embiid's been a little better with his efficiency and the defensive impact in this stretch.

tontoz
02-14-2022, 05:47 PM
Needs to do it in the Playoffs before we start the GOAT talk. .

LOL wut? His breakout as a player started in the playoffs back in 2019. His career averages in the playoffs are 26/11/6 with a TS of 60%.

Kareem/Lebron/Jordan comparisons might be pushing it but he would be securely in the tier below them.

NBAGOAT
02-14-2022, 08:11 PM
hes underrated on here. hes awesome in the playoffs but has not had elite teams around him and horrid injury luck last year. besides just not having their 2nd/3rd best guys, denvers bench is absolutely horrid. maybe not jordan/lebron but his impact stats are as good as someone like curry or someone else in the top 10. you cant create a better center on offense besides shaq

beasted
02-14-2022, 08:23 PM
Offensively? He's up there for sure.

But a guy who is only really effective on one side of the floor can never be GOAT tier. For all the flack Shaq gets or Kareem, they were much better defenders.

NBAGOAT
02-14-2022, 08:26 PM
Offensively? He's up there for sure.

But a guy who is only really effective on one side of the floor can never be GOAT tier. For all the flack Shaq gets or Kareem, they were much better defenders.

jokic's been decent last few years. I would argue besides peak shaq, there's not a huge difference on defense there. also I would argue curry's goat tier.

iamgine
02-14-2022, 11:50 PM
Even if you think he is, Giannis & Embiid are right there with him.

That's the thing though. I'm realizing Giannis & Embiid are NOT there with him despite them having a legit MVP level season.