PDA

View Full Version : Non Trolling Topic From Me: My Wolves

FireDavidKahn
02-16-2022, 09:15 AM
So obviously I'm always going to be biased towards them but how do the rest of you guys view them right now?

Our record is only 31-27 right now but I feel if you dig deeper you'd realize we are playing way above then that seems. Earlier in the season we really struggled at times and had something like a 7 game losing streak.

Now since the beginning of the year we are 15-8 and have the 5th highest net rating in the at 5.6 and the best offensive rating at 118.5.

For those of you that watch the occasional game are you believing the hype that after so many years of embarrassment that this team is actually turning the corner?

I can say for all of you that pretty much everyone in the Wolves community is having more fun and likes this team better then any season going back to KG's Wolves

jayfan
02-16-2022, 11:45 AM
From afar: Seems like they're heading in the right direction. I was a fan of the Chris Finch hiring. Are you happy with how he's coaching?

FireDavidKahn
02-16-2022, 12:10 PM
From afar: Seems like they're heading in the right direction. I was a fan of the Chris Finch hiring. Are you happy with how he's coaching?

He was a homerun hire. In any given year I think he'd be a shoe-in for COTY but that will, deservedly, go to Bickerstaff
As of today. But it feels great to be vindicated as the Wolves were trashed in the media for not hiring Vanterpool simply because he is African American.

Finch is absolutely legit and not smoke and mirrors who is riding luck

And KAT has really stepped up his game this year even though he seems to be whining more then ever :oldlol:

Manny98
02-16-2022, 12:15 PM
D'lo has instilled a winning culture into that franchise:applause:

Charlie Sheen
02-16-2022, 01:52 PM
KAT passes the eye test. He looked engaged with a good motor on the defensive end both games against the Lakers. They're going to be a problem in the first round with an offense that can score in multiple ways and a defense that is not elite but will get anyone's respect.

FireDavidKahn
02-16-2022, 02:10 PM
KAT passes the eye test. He looked engaged with a good motor on the defensive end both games against the Lakers. They're going to be a problem in the first round with an offense that can score in multiple ways and a defense that is not elite but will get anyone's respect.
Eh, Kat has improved a lot but his defense still isn't that good. He can be good at times but overall meh.

The main reasons why our team defense has improved tremendously is because of Jaden McDaniels, Vanderbilt and Beverly and even to a lesser extent Ant.

Vanderbilt is a name that isn't talked about much but that man has played some of the best defense out of anyone in the league this year. Now don't confuse this next statement as me saying Vanderbilt is even close to Rodman but he real does play with that constant non stop no matter what energy. It's ridiculous in the best way possible.

And Ant still had a tendency to float at times on defense but his timing to stall the balls in passing Lanes is a huge reason why we force the most turnovers in the entire league.

Beverly has brought the defensive intensity this team so desperately needed.

My main concern with this team is that every once in a while we will revert to absolute shit for a little bit. If we make it to the play offs I don't even care if we lose first round I just want it to be competitive this year.

All I can say for certain is that is we are healthy and if our "big 3" are all clicking at the same time, this team is much better then the record suggests. I'm not planning on that happening this year though assuming we even get into the play offs

Patrick Chewing
02-16-2022, 03:02 PM
If they could improve on defense, then this is a team who could easily have a record with anywhere between 5-10 more wins.

Charlie Sheen
02-16-2022, 03:38 PM
Eh, Kat has improved a lot but his defense still isn't that good. He can be good at times but overall meh.

The main reasons why our team defense has improved tremendously is because of Jaden McDaniels, Vanderbilt and Beverly and even to a lesser extent Ant.

Vanderbilt is a name that isn't talked about much but that man has played some of the best defense out of anyone in the league this year. Now don't confuse this next statement as me saying Vanderbilt is even close to Rodman but he real does play with that constant non stop no matter what energy. It's ridiculous in the best way possible.

And Ant still had a tendency to float at times on defense but his timing to stall the balls in passing Lanes is a huge reason why we force the most turnovers in the entire league.

Beverly has brought the defensive intensity this team so desperately needed.

My main concern with this team is that every once in a while we will revert to absolute shit for a little bit. If we make it to the play offs I don't even care if we lose first round I just want it to be competitive this year.

All I can say for certain is that is we are healthy and if our "big 3" are all clicking at the same time, this team is much better then the record suggests. I'm not planning on that happening this year though assuming we even get into the play offs

As an outsider that only got to see KAT 3 or 4 times a year, the book on him was he didn't even try on defense. He was a stiff that got blown by or thrown down on without any resistance. What he's been the last year and a half or something is a dude that actually moves and tries and believes in himself that he actually has some idea of what hes supposed to be doing out there. he's not just standing on that end of the court waiting to get the ball back anymore. That's a long way from where he started in this league. Going from a punchline to giving a damn is a big leap. I wasn't trying to give him all the credit for the defense. It was more like me letting go of my outdated criticism of him

PeroAntic
02-16-2022, 05:40 PM
Harden gonna demand a trade to the Wolves in a year and they will send Ant the other way :lol

FireDavidKahn
02-16-2022, 06:35 PM
Harden gonna demand a trade to the Wolves in a year and they will send Ant the other way :lol

I would literally kill myself.

NBAGOAT
02-16-2022, 07:20 PM
vanderbilt's been a big surprise. Beverley gets deserved hate but he plays winning basketball simply put. Wolves are still going be 1st round fodder unless they get a good matchup but future is looking bright for them. making a small trade with beasley during the offseason will help

Full Court
02-16-2022, 07:55 PM
They have the framework in place to be a really good team. They get one or two key pieces in the off season, they'll give the division fits next year.

I'm really impressed by Edwards.

Charlie Sheen
03-02-2022, 12:43 PM
KAT looked like the MVP of the league against the Warriors. That was the most dominant performance I've seen by anyone this whole season. :applause:

Towns should be doing this every night. Against Jokic, Joel... it don't matter.

jayfan
03-02-2022, 01:43 PM
KAT looked like the MVP of the league against the Warriors. That was the most dominant performance I've seen by anyone this whole season. :applause:

Towns should be doing this every night. Against Jokic, Joel... it don't matter.

Just went and watched his highlights after reading this. He definitely had the full repertoire on display last night.

Hard to stop a big man who can operate in the low post, hit 3's, and put the ball on the floor.

jayfan
03-08-2022, 08:42 AM
Finch should be entering the COY conversation about now.

FireDavidKahn
03-08-2022, 09:00 AM
Finch should be entering the COY conversation about now.

Yep, that's what I've been saying. He's slowly overtaking Bickerstaff.

Considering where this team has been the last few years vs. just 1 year after hiring Finch... The turn around is incredible.

Right now we basically are locked into the 7th sec baring some epic collapse and there's a tiny chance we could get the 6th seed from Denver but I'm not really going to count on that... So that means we will be playing in the playing tournament.

I hate that now that it isn't a given my Wolves will get to the play offs regardless of if we finish with the 7th seed.

The stats aren't updated from last night for team ortg, frtgt, netg but the ortg will be going up and the drtg will be going "up"(better)

Started 16-20 with an ortg of 107.2 and drtg of 108.1 And netrtg of -0.9

Gone 20-9 (really 21-9) with an ortg of 119 (Suns are second during that that span with 117.2) and drtg of 113.2 and a netrtg of 5.8 (7th highest during that span)

And to think the Wolves were SHREDDED in the media for not hiring the minority candidate in Vanterpool.

ArbitraryWater
03-08-2022, 10:09 AM
Good season for them, but R1 loss is inevitable.

FireDavidKahn
03-08-2022, 12:41 PM
Good season for them, but R1 loss is inevitable.

I'll take it:bowdown:

Then next year if Ant continues to ascend then we are in business

NBAGOAT
03-08-2022, 07:56 PM
might be disrespecting memphis but i think wolves have a chance vs them if ant goes off

FireDavidKahn
03-09-2022, 11:54 PM
:bowdown:

Im Still Ballin
03-09-2022, 11:57 PM
They look good.

jayfan
03-10-2022, 09:13 AM
Nice little 5-game vacation the Wolves are in the midst of here.

3/4 Thunder
3/5 Blazers
3/7 Blazers
3/9 Thunder
3/11 Magic

But hey, they're doing what good teams are supposed to do against the bottom of the league - Feast.
It's impressive, considering that they were the bottom of the league mere months ago.

That being said, I look forward to seeing them play the Heat on Saturday.

FireDavidKahn
03-10-2022, 10:26 AM
Nice little 5-game vacation the Wolves are in the midst of here.

3/4 Thunder
3/5 Blazers
3/7 Blazers
3/9 Thunder
3/11 Magic

But hey, they're doing what good teams are supposed to do against the bottom of the league - Feast.
It's impressive, considering that they were the bottom of the league mere months ago.

That being said, I look forward to seeing them play the Heat on Saturday.

We never were bottom of the league and yes it's finally great that we are beating teams we should be beating. The upcoming schedule is going to suck balls as they all are against really good teams

iamgine
03-10-2022, 11:48 AM
KAT is obviously their best player every season, except the Jimmy seasons. But this season he has normal amount of help while in previous seasons it was pretty much 'KAT and the trash around him' or 'KAT + Jimmy & the trash around them'.

Anthony Edwards has made a pretty significant jump this season and he has solidified himself as their 3rd/4th best player instead of trash. If he can improve more and become their 2nd best player by next season, watch out.

FireDavidKahn
03-19-2022, 11:50 PM
Started 16-20 and gone 26-10 since - second best record in the league since January 3rd next to Phoenix 29-6.

Wanna know something funny? Both the Lakers and my Wolves were 24-24...Wolves have gone 18-6 and Lakers 6-17 since then.

:roll: