PDA

View Full Version : Trae Young or Ja Morant

Mr. Woke
02-17-2022, 12:27 AM
IMO it is Trae.

He is averaging more ppg and apg and he is more valuable to his team.

Ja is also a great player, just not as great as Trae.

Also, Ja objectively has a better supporting cast.

Full Court
02-17-2022, 12:29 AM
I give the edge to Ja by virtue of not being a flopping foul seeker.

Mr. Woke
02-17-2022, 12:32 AM
I give the edge to Ja by virtue of not being a flopping foul seeker.

Ja flops from time to time (just like Trae). Flopping, when done effectively, is a useful tactic that can help teams win games.

This season, when Ja hasn't played, the Grizzlies have gone 12-2. People conveniently ignore how good his supporting cast is.

ZionDunks
02-17-2022, 12:38 AM
Trae but it’s close

Akeem34TheDream
02-17-2022, 03:37 AM
Ja by hair. Looks are important too.

insight
02-17-2022, 10:19 AM
I think Trae is more skilled and a better player but Ja plays with a fire that is infectious and his athleticism is unreal. The Hawks depend more on Trae, and defenses key on him more than Ja but
Memphis plays with more maturity than the Hawks even with a young roster.
You really can't compare or go wrong with either player. They play the game differently but are both have the ability to impose their will and dominate. Ja needs to avoid injury he dependent on his athletic ability like John Wall or a young Derrick Rose

Mr. Woke
02-17-2022, 01:23 PM
Ja by hair. Looks are important too.

Looks are irrelevant lol.

Mr. Woke
02-17-2022, 01:24 PM
I think Trae is more skilled and a better player but Ja plays with a fire that is infectious and his athleticism is unreal. The Hawks depend more on Trae, and defenses key on him more than Ja but
Memphis plays with more maturity than the Hawks even with a young roster.
You really can't compare or go wrong with either player. They play the game differently but are both have the ability to impose their will and dominate. Ja needs to avoid injury he dependent on his athletic ability like John Wall or a young Derrick Rose

The Grizzlies have more depth. When Ja has been out, the rest of the team has gone 12-2 without him.

Trae definitely doesn't have that kind of help.

fsvr54
02-17-2022, 02:21 PM
Trae Young and it's OBVIOUS.

Akeem34TheDream
02-17-2022, 03:28 PM
Looks are irrelevant lol.

That was a joke about Trae's hair.

PeroAntic
02-17-2022, 04:40 PM
The Grizzlies have more depth. When Ja has been out, the rest of the team has gone 12-2 without him.

Trae definitely doesn't have that kind of help.

lol I bet you can't name more than three players from the Grizzlies roster outside of Morant. Meanwhile Trae has Bogi, Gallo, Capella, Huerter, Collins, Hunter, Lou... overall this team is one of the best in the East, which is why they got to the conference finals last years..

fyi there is a bunch of articles and videos on youtube that basically bust the whole 12-2 run as completely fluke and unsustainable. Grizzlies played better on defense because they knew they had to, and on offense they were hitting open shots at an insane rate, far better than anyone else in the league, even though they created less of these without Ja.

I mean how stupid does one have to be to say they are better without Ja based on those 14 games. Do you honestly believe Memphis are a 70 win team and its actually Ja thats holding them back from that???

Trae is just another great deep shooting pointguard in an era of great deep shooting pointguards. Ja... hes a phenomenon, a force of nature, outside of any reasonable spectrum, doing unbelievable stuff on the court.

WhiteKyrie
02-17-2022, 04:42 PM
I’m riding with Ja. Intangibles, fearless. No settling. Destroys defenses from the inside - out. If Trae or any of these light skin soft ass jump shooting dudes jumper goes cold, not very impactful. You have to have a dog in you. He wants all the smoke. That takes BDE.

Mr. Woke
02-17-2022, 06:29 PM
lol I bet you can't name more than three players from the Grizzlies roster outside of Morant. Meanwhile Trae has Bogi, Gallo, Capella, Huerter, Collins, Hunter, Lou... overall this team is one of the best in the East, which is why they got to the conference finals last years..

fyi there is a bunch of articles and videos on youtube that basically bust the whole 12-2 run as completely fluke and unsustainable. Grizzlies played better on defense because they knew they had to, and on offense they were hitting open shots at an insane rate, far better than anyone else in the league, even though they created less of these without Ja.

I mean how stupid does one have to be to say they are better without Ja based on those 14 games. Do you honestly believe Memphis are a 70 win team and its actually Ja thats holding them back from that???

Trae is just another great deep shooting pointguard in an era of great deep shooting pointguards. Ja... hes a phenomenon, a force of nature, outside of any reasonable spectrum, doing unbelievable stuff on the court.

Overall, the Hawks roster is subpar. Gallo and Lou are below-average role players at this point in their careers. Hunter gets injured a lot, and when he plays, he is solid but unspectacular. Bogi, Huerter, and Capela are solid but nothing special (Kevin and Bogi are not that consistent). Collins is pretty good for the most part, but not the borderline All-Star that some people think he is.

Trae and Ja are both doing unbelievable stuff on the court (Trae has been better this season though). The difference is that Ja has more help around him; the fact that the Grizzlies have gone 12-2 without him is proof of that.

Mr. Woke
02-17-2022, 06:29 PM
I’m riding with Ja. Intangibles, fearless. No settling. Destroys defenses from the inside - out. If Trae or any of these light skin soft ass jump shooting dudes jumper goes cold, not very impactful. You have to have a dog in you. He wants all the smoke. That takes BDE.

That makes zero sense. Trae is more valuable to ATL than Ja is to MEM (the fact that MEM has gone 12-2 when Ja hasn't played is proof of that).

insight
02-17-2022, 07:24 PM

Low IQ post, if you think Trae isn't fearless or think he doesn't have that dog in him. Trae destroys defenses PERIOD, he is a 3 level scorer, his floater game is elite, his midrange is elite and his outside shooting is too. Teams game plan against Trae, applying full court pressure, double teams, box in ones all to get the ball out of his hands. He is still is a top 5 scorer with all that attention, your boy ain't there yet. Wack stereotypes about light skin vs dark skin is plain stupid, we are talking about HEART and WILL, never judge a book by its cover.

insight
02-17-2022, 07:35 PM
Overall, the Hawks roster is subpar. Gallo and Lou are below-average role players at this point in their careers. Hunter gets injured a lot, and when he plays, he is solid but unspectacular. Bogi, Huerter, and Capela are solid but nothing special (Kevin and Bogi are not that consistent). Collins is pretty good for the most part, but not the borderline All-Star that some people think he is.

Trae and Ja are both doing unbelievable stuff on the court (Trae has been better this season though). The difference is that Ja has more help around him; the fact that the Grizzlies have gone 12-2 without him is proof of that.

I don't think the Hawks roster is subpar, but it is one dimensional compared to Memphis. There are 4 or 5 players on Memphis who can create their own shot on a consistent basis. Atlanta's roster consists of spot up shooters and bigs who are only lob threats. Memphis also has more defensive minded players the Hawks only have Capella and Hunter. Both teams have very good rosters, they are just built differently and right now the Hawks depend too much on Trae to be the engine on offense.