PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like LeBron was ready to beat Kobe's ass in 08.

Johnny32
02-17-2022, 03:42 PM
In an exhibition victory over Australia in Shanghai — New York Post sports columnist Ian O’Connor reports in his new book “Coach K: The Rise and Reign of Mike Krzyzewski” — Bryant took some low-percentage shots that didn’t fit the team-first culture Krzyzewski was trying to install. The Duke coach was trying to ensure the Americans didn’t relive their disastrous Olympic experience in Athens four years earlier under then-Detroit Pistons coach Larry Brown.

Players noticed, including James.

“Everyone knew it,” one Team USA staffer says in the book. “They know when another player is being selfish. Players can police themselves, but in this instance, as LeBron was coming out of the game, he said to Mike, ‘Yo, Coach, you’d better fix that motherf–ker,’ as he walked by. He was talking about Kobe.

i got lebron 1st rd ko.

theman93
02-17-2022, 03:45 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/4032423/lebleedin.gif

Hey Yo
02-17-2022, 03:46 PM
King would've snapped Kobe like a twig. Hell, Wade barely touched him and broke his nose.

Gohan
02-17-2022, 03:47 PM
Lebron wasnt half the player kobe was in 08 despite whether kobe played better or not in the olympics. Kobe is the best one on one player of all time. Hell hes close to the best 5 on 5 skill wise if we disregard big men

Airupthere
02-17-2022, 03:48 PM
So not directly to Kobe? Lol

Johnny32
02-17-2022, 03:49 PM
King would've snapped Kobe like a twig.

bigger, stronger, faster, and most importantly didn't grow up a soft pampered rich kid. there's a reason kobe tried so hard to pretend he was tough on the court lol.

Akeem34TheDream
02-17-2022, 03:51 PM
Lebron doesn't strike me as someone who likes confrontations.

Hey Yo
02-17-2022, 03:52 PM

^^^^^ Never played a team sport confirmed.

Johnny32
02-17-2022, 03:52 PM
Lebron doesn't strike me as someone who likes confrontations.

you have no clue what you're typing about.

Johnny32
02-17-2022, 03:54 PM

he also clearly meant you better or i will.

Airupthere
02-17-2022, 03:59 PM

I play. Not as much since the pandemic though. Not spending effort to prove that to a bronsexual and there is no point being personal in a basketball forum. We all know Lebron would not have said anything to Kobe.

3ba11
02-17-2022, 04:09 PM
bigger, stronger, faster, and most importantly didn't grow up a soft pampered rich kid. there's a reason kobe tried so hard to pretend he was tough on the court lol.

Lebron was coddled since being discovered at 10 - that's why he's so soft - his childhood was full of Hummers and the best of everything.. He never struggled, which makes his tough childhood a manufactured tale just like his hoops resume

WhiteKyrie
02-17-2022, 04:15 PM
Mike would’ve dog walked both their asses

ArbitraryWater
02-17-2022, 04:15 PM
Holy shit.

That completely turns the alpha/beta discussion.

Young Bron calling out MVP Kobe to get fixed?

Bahahahah!

Thats taking ownership of someone.

Kobetards must be fuming.

Johnny32
02-17-2022, 04:19 PM
Mike would’ve dog walked both their asses

lol mj was a bully/coward who backed down from anyone who stood up to him.

WhiteKyrie
02-17-2022, 04:24 PM
lol mj was a bully/coward who backed down from anyone who stood up to him.
:oldlol: who did he back down from?

Gohan
02-17-2022, 04:26 PM

Players were tougher back then even the haters cant deny that sh1t

Johnny32
02-17-2022, 04:33 PM

google it you disgusting casual.

WhiteKyrie
02-17-2022, 04:34 PM
Players were tougher back then even the haters cant deny that sh1t

He must be talking about literal fights and even then he didn’t.

He guarded and dog walked a Mount Rushmore player and Best PG ever in Magic Johnson. Literally out Magic-ed him, while still playing his game.

Drexler stepped up, got curb stomped.

Magic tried to step up again in Dream Team practice, got sodomized in front of all the best players and minds in the game at said time.

Barkley? Malone? Ewing? Shaq? Penny? Same thing.

1987_Lakers
02-17-2022, 04:39 PM

Robert Parish

Johnny32
02-17-2022, 04:43 PM
Robert Parish

bill cartwright.

Johnny32
02-17-2022, 04:45 PM
horace grant - "Lie, lie, lie. ... If MJ had a grudge with me, let's settle this like men," Grant said. "Let's talk about it. Or we can settle it another way. But yet and still, he goes out and puts this lie out that I was the source behind [the book].

ron harper - "MJ knew who he can talk to and knew who he had to push. He was one of those guys who made you work harder because you see how he works," Harper said. "You ain't gonna talk crazy to me and don't think I'm going to talk crazy to you. He would talk to Scott Burrell and Scott wasn't man enough to stand up for who he was. You ain't doing that s--- with me."

lol the bully coward getting called out by half his teammates.

WhiteKyrie
02-17-2022, 04:47 PM
Robert Parish

Talking about basketball challengers that stepped and got put in their place by the alpha of alphas, moron.

Not a dumb center trying to fight out of spite when one guy is making millions and millions of dollars.

A 7’1 vs 6’6 guy? Parish sounds like a chicken shit.

Airupthere
02-17-2022, 04:51 PM
Robert Parish

Maybe MJ should just have told the coach about Parish instead of going directly at him? That would have bypassed the whole story.

Johnny32
02-17-2022, 04:57 PM
Maybe MJ should just have told the coach about Parish instead of going directly at him? That would have bypassed the whole story.

At some point, Parish’s talking didn’t sit well with Jordan.

“He was at half court and I was at the top of the key,” Parish said. “I think he was a bit ticked off, too, because the second team was kicking their butt at the time and I was talking trash.”

According to Parish, play stopped, and the two started jawing at each other.

“I didn’t back down,” Parish said. “He said he would kick my butt, and I told him he felt that strongly about it, come and get some. That was the end of it. We didn’t have another confrontation.”

it sounds like the coward was too frightened to speak.

1987_Lakers
02-17-2022, 04:57 PM
Talking about basketball challengers that stepped and got put in their place by the alpha of alphas, moron.

Not a dumb center trying to fight out of spite when one guy is making millions and millions of dollars.

A 7’1 vs 6’6 guy? Parish sounds like a chicken shit.

You're a moron.

Parish left the Celtics in 1994 for Charlotte, where he played two seasons. His final year in the league was in 1996-97, when he played with Michael Jordan in Chicago and won another ring.

There, he regained an appreciation for Bird's leadership style.

"What set Larry apart from Magic and Jordan was he wasn't an in-your-face leader like they were," Parish said. "He had too much respect for us. If you weren't having a good night, he was more inclined to encourage you, or not say anything at all.

"But Magic and Jordan would jump all over you."

In one of his first practices with the Bulls, Parish botched one of the plays and was amused to find Jordan jawing at him just inches from his face.

"I told him, 'I'm not as enamored with you as these other guys. I've got some rings too,' " Parish recalled. "At that point he told me, 'I'm going to kick your ass.' I took one step closer and said, 'No, you really aren't.' After that he didn't bother me."

https://www.espn.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7662366/big-3-final-run-stirs-bittersweet-memories-original-trio

MJ tried to bully Parish and got punked. :oldlol:

Johnny32
02-17-2022, 05:01 PM
He must be talking about literal fights and even then he didn’t.

hurrr.

nineiron
02-17-2022, 05:03 PM
In an exhibition victory over Australia in Shanghai — New York Post sports columnist Ian O’Connor reports in his new book “Coach K: The Rise and Reign of Mike Krzyzewski” — Bryant took some low-percentage shots that didn’t fit the team-first culture Krzyzewski was trying to install. The Duke coach was trying to ensure the Americans didn’t relive their disastrous Olympic experience in Athens four years earlier under then-Detroit Pistons coach Larry Brown.

Players noticed, including James.

“Everyone knew it,” one Team USA staffer says in the book. “They know when another player is being selfish. Players can police themselves, but in this instance, as LeBron was coming out of the game, he said to Mike, ‘Yo, Coach, you’d better fix that motherf–ker,’ as he walked by. He was talking about Kobe.

i got lebron 1st rd ko.

not surprised LeBitch went to the coach to tell on him instead of handling it like a man.

guess that's what happens when you grow up without a daddy.

ArbitraryWater
02-17-2022, 05:08 PM
didnt bill cartwright nearly punch mj who then stayed quiet?

you either stay quiet cause you were wrong or cause youre scared/cowarded

Shogon
02-17-2022, 05:09 PM
"At that point he told me, 'I'm going to kick your ass.' I took one step closer and said, 'No, you really aren't.' After that he didn't bother me."

I've read all this shit before but that's still hilarious af.

Johnny32
02-17-2022, 05:10 PM
didnt bill cartwright nearly punch mj who then stayed quiet?

you either stay quiet cause you were wrong or cause youre scared/cowarded

he threatened to cripple his bitch ass lol.

Cali Syndicate
02-17-2022, 07:56 PM
Remember when lebron tried to sucker shoulder check Boozer? Lebron tried his hardest stepping into a stationary Boozer, and hardly budged him. Lebron is a freak athlete but he's far from a tough guy.

Hey Yo
02-17-2022, 08:23 PM
I play. Not as much since the pandemic though. Not spending effort to prove that to a bronsexual and there is no point being personal in a basketball forum. We all know Lebron would not have said anything to Kobe.

It's the coaches job to say something. You would know this if you ever played a team sport.

ZionDunks
02-17-2022, 09:45 PM
King would've snapped Kobe like a twig. Hell, Wade barely touched him and broke his nose.

Lebrons never beaten anyone’s ass. Get real

BigKobeFan
02-17-2022, 09:54 PM
So bran went and cried to the coach instead of talking to kobe about it. Got it

IllegalD
02-17-2022, 10:12 PM
And then in the Gold Medal game against Spain, when the USA was about to lay another egg on the olympic stage, Kobe took over and saved LeBronze from another epic olympic failure. While LeBron's butthole puckered up tighter than a snare drum.

https://youtu.be/fhpVE5Yfvhc

https://64.media.tumblr.com/215705eded2c9b36f373864a7e53ef64/tumblr_n87a3g14bd1qcmnsoo3_r1_400.gifv

AngelEyes
02-17-2022, 10:20 PM
https://ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/2013/05/nazr1.gif?w=640&h=331&crop=1

LeBron is not a tough guy, not among great players, forwards or any measure. He would have never fought Kobe because he's clearly not a fighter, he's never been in fight in his entire career and he's backed down when given a chance to be in one.

Johnny32
02-17-2022, 10:27 PM
https://ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/2013/05/nazr1.gif?w=640&h=331&crop=1

LeBron is not a tough guy, not among great players, forwards or any measure. He would have never fought Kobe because he's clearly not a fighter, he's never been in fight in his entire career and he's backed down when given a chance to be in one.

lol embarrassingly stupid. there hasn't been a real fight in the nba ever.

warriorfan
02-17-2022, 11:58 PM
Holy shit.

That completely turns the alpha/beta discussion.

Young Bron calling out MVP Kobe to get fixed?

Bahahahah!

Thats taking ownership of someone.

Kobetards must be fuming.

He said it to the coach and not to Kobe’s face

Definition of beta

“Was about to beat his ass”….yet wasn’t even man enough to even simply confront him face to face?

:yaohappy:

kawhileonard2
02-18-2022, 12:42 AM
Lebron needed Kobe for the Olympics and he gave Lebron his first gold medal as before Lebron only won bronze medal.

kawhileonard2
02-18-2022, 12:43 AM
Kobe was waiting in 2009 and 2010 and Lebron lost to underdogs.

John_Connor
02-18-2022, 01:28 AM
coach K - "shut up lebron. do you want a 3rd bronze medal or are you gonna sit down and shut up"

cue history making moment

the end

WhiteKyrie
02-18-2022, 01:52 AM
And then in the Gold Medal game against Spain, when the USA was about to lay another egg on the olympic stage, Kobe took over and saved LeBronze from another epic olympic failure. While LeBron's butthole puckered up tighter than a snare drum.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/215705eded2c9b36f373864a7e53ef64/tumblr_n87a3g14bd1qcmnsoo3_r1_400.gifv

Facts

La Frescobaldi
02-18-2022, 04:44 AM
lol embarrassingly stupid. there hasn't been a real fight in the nba ever.

Most on here never saw the nba when it was a man’s league.

Watch the Real Captain in action when he got sucker punched

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96gGCW13pts

GimmeThat
02-18-2022, 06:54 AM
team USA's rotations weren't even set at that point, Lebron just wanted to make sure everyone had their fair opportunity to earn minutes in the game, Kobe just thought everyone here should be talented enough to make up the disparity as long as they have all-NBA 3rd basketball IQ

Johnny32
02-18-2022, 07:35 AM
Most on here never saw the nba when it was a man’s league.

Watch the Real Captain in action when he got sucker punched

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96gGCW13pts

not a real fight. lebron would destroy that sissy wildy throwing punches like an upset lil girl, btw.

Johnny32
02-18-2022, 07:38 AM
lol look at him falling all over himself. can't even throw a punch without falling down. horrible balance and form. embarrassing.

Full Court
02-18-2022, 12:44 PM
Lebron and Kobe both strike me as fake tough guys who would crumble if it came to throwing fists and there were no teammates there to break it up.