PDA

View Full Version : Warriors are still going strong in 22' while Bad Boys were suddenly done in 92'

3ba11
02-17-2022, 11:53 PM
The 16' Warriors simply had a fluke loss to a talent-based team, whereas the Pistons' brand was no longer competitive after the Bulls developed a superior brand..

Furthermore, Dumars/Rodman were at their peak in 92' including goat defense, while Isiah was a 30-year old all-star.. Unfortunately, the brand they spent years developing organically was no longer competitive after the Bulls developed the blueprint to beat it - a natural evolution of increasingly superior brands.

Organic teams like the Spurs, Warriors and 90's Bulls own eras by developing superior brand of ball, while talent-based winners (team-hoppers) can only get one-offs based on talent and leave their opponents still kicking.

ShawkFactory
02-18-2022, 12:02 AM
Didn’t they lose to the Knicks in 92?

3ba11
02-18-2022, 12:08 AM

The 92' Pistons were underdogs to the Knicks, so the blueprint was obviously out after the Bulls sweep victory in 91'.

Btw, those Knicks were good and nearly beat the Bulls that year, primarily because X-man dominated many stretches and outplayed Pippen severely.. X-man also dominated the Pistons in the 1st Round

ShawkFactory
02-18-2022, 12:15 AM
The 92' Pistons were underdogs to the Knicks, so the blueprint was obviously out after the Bulls sweep victory in 91'.

Btw, those Knicks were good and nearly beat the Bulls that year, primarily because X-man dominated many stretches and outplayed Pippen severely.. X-man also dominated the Pistons in the 1st Round

Was it?

Not saying the Knicks weren’t good..of course they were. But they played nothing like the Bulls so there was no “blueprint” for them.

The biggest thing with them is they lost a couple of their depth guys. Namely Mahorn, who many would say was the true enforcer. Laimbeer was the agitator but Mahorn was that dude in the corner eyeing people if they did anything.

And of course microwave was gone. You speak of organics and the Pistons were the epitome of that. Lose a couple key guys and they aren’t truly the same.

3ba11
02-18-2022, 12:25 AM
Was it?

Not saying the Knicks weren’t good..of course they were. But they played nothing like the Bulls so there was no “blueprint” for them.

The biggest thing with them is they lost a couple of their depth guys. Namely Mahorn, who many would say was the true enforcer. Laimbeer was the agitator but Mahorn was that dude in the corner eyeing people if they did anything.

And of course microwave was gone. You speak of organics and the Pistons were the epitome of that. Lose a couple key guys and they aren’t truly the same.

The Pistons won a title without Mahorn in 90'.

And guys like Rodman/Dumars were much better in 92' than 89' or 90'.

And the Knicks played like the Bulls in some ways offensively (shooters, post finesse, very good organic teamwork), while they were super defensively and goat-level on that end..

ShawkFactory
02-18-2022, 12:31 AM
The Pistons won a title without Mahorn in 90'.

And guys like Rodman/Dumars were much better in 92' than 89' or 90'.

And the Knicks played like the Bulls in some ways offensively (shooters, post finesse, very good organic teamwork), while they were super defensively and goat-level on that end..

Sure, but he was a huge part of the “bad boys”. They didn’t lose much the year after he left but as time goes on the identity faded. The still maintained the swagger for a bit but they had an intimidation factor that the Bulls killed. And their enforcer was gone.

There was no “brand of ball” that ultimately solved the Pistons. As bad as you’d love to have that be.

3ba11
02-18-2022, 12:41 AM
Sure, but he was a huge part of the “bad boys”. They didn’t lose much the year after he left but as time goes on the identity faded. The still maintained the swagger for a bit but they had an intimidation factor that the Bulls killed. And their enforcer was gone.

There was no “brand of ball” that ultimately solved the Pistons. As bad as you’d love to have that be.

Mahorn was barely an NBA player - the Pistons voluntarily let him go in the expansion draft - that's how he left the Pistons

They were far better without him in 90' but I don't blame him for it because he wasn't a difference-maker anyway..

And this thread isn't opinion - it's common knowledge and historical record - the Bulls developed the blueprint to beat the Pistons' physical brand by developing a superior brand based on ball movement and finesse... I'm paraphrasing Phil Jackson and Tex Winters

That's what organic winners like the Spurs, Warriors and 90's Bulls do - they own eras by developing superior brand of ball than their peers, while talent-based winners (team-hoppers) can only get one-offs based on talent and leave their opponents still kicking.

ShawkFactory
02-18-2022, 12:47 AM
Mahorn was barely an NBA player - the Pistons voluntarily let him go in the expansion draft - that's how he left the Pistons

They were far better without him in 90' but I don't blame him for it because he wasn't a difference-maker anyway..

And this thread isn't opinion - it's common knowledge and historical record - the Bulls developed the blueprint to beat the Pistons' physical brand by developing a superior brand based on ball movement and finesse... I'm paraphrasing Phil Jackson and Tex Winters

Mahorns impact was pretty heavy.

But anyway..all it took was ball movement and finesse to beat the Pistons? Damn the Lakers and Celtics should have...oh

SATAN
02-18-2022, 12:48 AM
the Bulls developed the blueprint

https://kronozio.blob.core.windows.net/images/card/ce26a1e84efd4fd8b9d32299e53b16b2_front.jpg
https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4093044/sbnation-share__71_.0.png

3ba11
02-18-2022, 12:55 AM
Mahorns impact was pretty heavy.

No.. it wasn't.. that's why they let him go in expansion

Regardless - the Pistons were competitive without him in 90' but not after the Bulls developed the blueprint in 91'.. once the blueprint was out, they sucked from that point forward

That's what organic winners like the Spurs, Warriors and 90's Bulls do - they own eras by developing superior brand of ball than their peers, while talent-based winners (team-hoppers) can only get one-offs based on talent and leave their opponents still kicking.

But anyway..all it took was ball movement and finesse to beat the Pistons? Damn the Lakers and Celtics should have...oh

It's a natural evolution of increasingly superior brands where the Pistons bent the rulebook to beat the Lakers/Celtics and then Jordan brought an even more precise offense than the Lakers/Celtics ever had to beat the Pistons.. Jordan-ball was always going to be better than Bird or Magic ball.. And it was better despite a lot less help.

Otoh, today's team-hoppers don't have this wonderful evolution of increasing brands . It's more team-hopping although thank god for Curry

RogueBorg
02-18-2022, 04:51 PM
https://kronozio.blob.core.windows.net/images/card/ce26a1e84efd4fd8b9d32299e53b16b2_front.jpg
https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4093044/sbnation-share__71_.0.png

An MVP level player 'cept he never won a single MVP...ever.

SouBeachTalents
02-18-2022, 04:56 PM
Neither did West, Wade, Kawhi etc. Doesn't mean they weren't MVP level players.

ArbitraryWater
02-18-2022, 04:57 PM
is this an argument for LeBron's era?

1987_Lakers
02-18-2022, 05:17 PM
No.. it wasn't.. that's why they let him go in expansion

They let him go because they had to list 4 of their 12 players on the roster who were susceptible to being drafted. And Detroit was an incredibly deep team, their bench featured Rodman, Vinnie, Salley, & Edwards...all incredibly good players. Salley was Ok, but I'm guessing they kept him because he was young and there was hope he could develop as a player.

The Pistons wanted to keep Mahorn, they even offered the expansion teams draft picks instead of giving them Mahorn but they didn't budge. Do some proper research next time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GaeHhMFxfo

3ba11
02-18-2022, 05:23 PM
is this an argument for LeBron's era?

Dirk won in 2011 after taking 10 years to develop the best chemistry in the league.

This matters because it shows that teams win organically by developing better brand of ball than peers (Spurs, Warriors, Mavs, 90's Bulls, etc).

So Lebron never learned to win (brand of ball) and only learned to team-hop (talent-based winning).

His skillset of turning guys into spot-up shooters is simply bad at chemistry/brand and needs a talent-based approach (all-star team strategy)

ShawkFactory
02-18-2022, 05:24 PM
They let him go because they had to list 4 of their 12 players on the roster who were susceptible to being drafted. And Detroit was an incredibly deep team, their bench featured Rodman, Vinnie, Salley, & Edwards...all incredibly good players. Salley was Ok, but I'm guessing they kept him because he was young and there was hope he could develop as a player.

The Pistons wanted to keep Mahorn, they even offered the expansion teams draft picks instead of giving them Mahorn but they didn't budge. Do some proper research next time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GaeHhMFxfo

Nice find. Like I said, he was a big part of their identity. The intimidation luster eventually wearing off + losing their bench scorer proved to be enough for them. And obviously Laimbeer and Thomas getting old didn't help.

La Frescobaldi
02-18-2022, 05:27 PM

That BS about blueprints got destroyed by facts.

Detroit thugs got out-thugged by New York thugs nothing else.

Beaten at their own game flat out end of story.

3ba11
02-18-2022, 05:35 PM
Nice find. Like I said, he was a big part of their identity. The intimidation luster eventually wearing off + losing their bench scorer proved to be enough for them. And obviously Laimbeer and Thomas getting old didn't help.

They were far better without him in 1990 and recognized as badder without him

Anyone that watched back then knows Mahorn wasn't a big factor, so you look weird trying to prop up a known bit-player.

1987_Lakers
02-18-2022, 05:39 PM

'89 Pistons (With Mahoron): 63-19 . 6.24 SRS
'90 Pistons (Without): 59-23 . 5.41 SRS

"far better without Mahorn"

3ball continues to embarrass himself.

3ba11
02-18-2022, 05:41 PM
'89 Pistons (With Mahoron): 63-19 . 6.24 SRS
'90 Pistons (Without): 59-23 . 5.41 SRS

"far better without Mahorn"

3ball continues to embarrass himself.

The 92' Bulls > 91' Bulls the same way

Champs typically take it easier the following regular season because the repeat is the tougher accomplishment and requires a better team

ShawkFactory
02-18-2022, 05:41 PM

Anyone that watched back then knows Mahorn wasn't a big factor, so you look weird trying to prop up a known bit-player.

It's common knowledge that the Bulls overcame the Pistons' physical brand by developing a better brand based on perimeter finesse (the beginnings of small ball with no big man post presence on offense) and ball movement (an equal-opportunity offense where no one dominated the ball, aka no PG role).

So again, teams win organically by developing better brand of ball than peers (Spurs, Warriors, Mavs, 90's Bulls, etc), which means Lebron never learned to win (brand of ball) and only learned to team-hop (talent-based winning).

His skillset of turning guys into spot-up shooters is simply bad at chemistry/brand and needs a talent-based approach (all-star team strategy).

Why do you enjoy lying :lol

1987_Lakers
02-18-2022, 05:43 PM
The 92' Bulls > 91' Bulls the same way

Champs typically take it easier the following regular season

Warriors won 73 games after being champs. 2013 Heat also won more games than they did in 2012.

Wrong again

3ba11
02-18-2022, 05:44 PM
Why do you enjoy lying :lol

What part is lying?

ShawkFactory
02-18-2022, 05:45 PM
Warriors won 73 games after being champs. 2013 Heat also won more games than they did in 2012.

Wrong again

I'm also not really sure why he said 92 Bulls > 91 Bulls. Directly contradicts his point.

ShawkFactory
02-18-2022, 05:46 PM
What part of this is lying?

1987_Lakers
02-18-2022, 05:47 PM
What part of this is lying?

You just lied 5 minutes ago. "Pistons were far better without Mahorn"

While everything points that they were slightly better in '89. You're not very bright.

3ba11
02-18-2022, 05:47 PM
1987 Lakers in denial

Probably doesn't know shit about the 87' Lakers either

1987_Lakers
02-18-2022, 05:49 PM
3bot being reduced to just spamming the same post 3 times in a row. :oldlol:

ShawkFactory
02-18-2022, 05:53 PM
3bot being reduced to just spamming the same post 3 times in a row. :oldlol:

:oldlol:

Time to move on to the next one.

1987_Lakers
02-18-2022, 05:55 PM
:oldlol:

Time to move on to the next one.

I'm guessing he malfunctions once people bring up he's a liar and back it up with evidence, I have caught him in many lies in the past and he usually responds with just spamming the same post over and over, full damage control.

3ba11
02-18-2022, 05:57 PM

While everything points that they were slightly better in '89. You're not very bright.

The Pistons pulled off the tougher repeat accomplishment in 1990 without Mahorn, which disproved your point that Jordan beat the Pistons because they lost Mahorn (an absurd point to begin with).

See the response above.

So were back to the original point - it's common knowledge that the Bulls overcame the Pistons' physical brand by developing a better brand based on perimeter finesse (the beginnings of small ball with no big man post presence on offense) and ball movement (an equal-opportunity offense where no one dominated the ball, aka no PG role).

Teams like the Spurs, Warriors, or 90's Bulls win organically by developing a better brand of ball than peers, which means Lebron never learned to win (brand of ball) and only learned to team-hop (talent-based winning).

His skillset of turning guys into spot-up shooters (as a frontcourt player) is simply bad at chemistry/brand and needs a talent-based approach (all-star team strategy).

SouBeachTalents
02-18-2022, 05:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqshYG4qvT4

3ba11
02-18-2022, 06:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqshYG4qvT4

I haven't said anything twice - 87 Lakers simply won't respond again because he knows I beat him

See the beatdown and recap at the top of this page

1987_Lakers
02-18-2022, 06:06 PM

The Pistons pulled off the tougher repeat accomplishment in 1990 without Mahorn, which disproved your point that Jordan beat the Pistons because they lost Mahorn (an absurd point to begin with).

The only points I've made about Mahorn is how the Pistons did everything in their power to keep him after '89, which I provided video evidence of that being the case and that the Pistons were not "far better without Mahorn" in 1990 like you lied about in which I also provided evidence.

I exposed you for the liar you are and your only response it to go on repeat like some weird person. :oldlol:

SouBeachTalents
02-18-2022, 06:13 PM
I haven't said anything twice - 87 Lakers simply won't respond again because he knows I beat him

See the beatdown and recap at the top of this page
Bro, you copied and pasted the same post virtually word for word 6 times in a row, and the thread is barely 3 pages. Editing your posts 20 minutes later to cover up the evidence doesn't change that fact :lol

1987_Lakers
02-18-2022, 06:15 PM
Bro, you copied and pasted the same post virtually word for word 6 times in a row, and the thread is barely 3 pages. Editing your posts 20 minutes later to cover up the evidence doesn't change that fact :lol

Damn, I just saw this. :roll:

What a weirdo.

1987_Lakers
02-18-2022, 06:19 PM
1987 Lakers in denial

Probably doesn't know shit about the 87' Lakers either

Lol, nice edit.

3bot melting down.

3ba11
02-18-2022, 06:30 PM
The only points I've made about Mahorn is how the Pistons did everything in their power to keep him after '89, which I provided video evidence of that being the case and that the Pistons were not "far better without Mahorn" in 1990 like you lied about in which I also provided evidence.

I exposed you for the liar you are and your only response it to go on repeat like some weird person. :oldlol:

Oh I see... So you were never attempting to respond to my point and just felt like randomly telling me about Mahorn.. your favorite player

Got it..

And I appreciate the Mahorn love but the point remains - the Pistons were suddenly uncompetitive in 92' because a superior brand and way to play had been revealed.. The Bulls' were considered ground-breaking for not running a big man post offense (the origins of small ball), while their offense also lacked a traditional point guard (equal-opportunity)

So the Spurs, Warriors, 90's Bulls or any organic winner is able to win organically by developing superior brand of ball than their peers - Lebron never did this and therefore doesn't know how to win (brand of ball) and must team-hop (talent-based winning)

L.Kizzle
02-18-2022, 09:40 PM
That team was more about Thomas than people wanna make out of it. Once he was done, they were done.
Dumars alone was like McHale alone, nothing.
Rodman is obviously a support player.
Laimbeer and Aguirre were not their mid 80s All.Star selves.

SATAN
02-18-2022, 09:46 PM

Scottie Pippen won an MVP award against the leagues best talent. :lebronamazed:

https://i.cdn.turner.com/dr/nba/teamsites-nbateams/release/bulls/sites/bulls/files/pippen_allstar_140520.jpg

FromDowntown
02-18-2022, 10:20 PM

Will there be a reply I can guess it @ 'no'

Bronbron23
02-18-2022, 10:51 PM
The 16' Warriors simply had a fluke loss to a talent-based team, whereas the Pistons' brand was no longer competitive after the Bulls developed a superior brand..

Furthermore, Dumars/Rodman were at their peak in 92' including goat defense, while Isiah was a 30-year old all-star.. Unfortunately, the brand they spent years developing organically was no longer competitive after the Bulls developed the blueprint to beat it - a natural evolution of increasingly superior brands.

Organic teams like the Spurs, Warriors and 90's Bulls own eras by developing superior brand of ball, while talent-based winners (team-hoppers) can only get one-offs based on talent and leave their opponents still kicking.

Still going strong? The last 2 years they didn't do anything. We'll have to see what they do this year but if they don't do well in the playoffs that'll be 3 years in a row where they didn't do anything