PDA

View Full Version : Scorers that required a "wall" to stop rim attack (Giannis, MJ) and also....

3ba11
02-23-2022, 05:27 PM
players that require a double team to stop hot jumpshooting (KD, MJ).

Did Lebron require a "wall"? Maybe he's on the "wall" list too.

Ultimately, only one guy is on both lists because there's only 1 goat-level athlete/rim attack ("wall" required) who was also a goat-level jumpshooter (double-team required)..

That's MJ.. MJ was also goat on the post, where double-teams are frequently required as well.

GrayGoat
02-23-2022, 05:31 PM
Interestingly you bring up Durant because he is a better midrange shooter than MJ

SouBeachTalents
02-23-2022, 05:38 PM
https://i.ibb.co/tMGnRnJ/Screenshot-2021-07-20-180658.png

3ba11
02-23-2022, 05:41 PM
Interestingly you bring up Durant because he is a better midrange shooter than MJ

https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-23-2022/ko7RJp.gif

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29035071/why-michael-jordan-scoring-prowess-touched

3ba11
02-23-2022, 05:43 PM
https://i.ibb.co/tMGnRnJ/Screenshot-2021-07-20-180658.png

Only MJ required a wall (rim attack) and a double-team (jumper)....

because he's the only goat athlete (rim attack) that had a goat jumper.. None of the other goat athletes could shoot, aka Wilt, Shaq, Lebron, Dominique, Zion, Giannis, etc

Meanwhile, previous posts of mine that show Giannis proving me wrong (which LeFraud never did) is neither here nor there

GrayGoat
02-23-2022, 06:02 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-23-2022/ko7RJp.gif

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29035071/why-michael-jordan-scoring-prowess-touched
That’s cute except Dirk took 14,000 midrange shots and hit 46% for his career. Dirk was a midrange GOD

Phoenix
02-23-2022, 07:23 PM
So when do you get to the part where you reveal this is a Pippen bashing thread?

3ba11
02-23-2022, 07:56 PM
So when do you get to the part where you reveal this is a Pippen bashing thread?

It's a Durant-bashing thread (no "wall" required) and a Lebron-bashing thread (no double required to stop jumpshooting)

Only MJ required both (wall and double) because he's the only goat athlete that was also a goat jumpshooter

Phoenix
02-24-2022, 06:43 AM
It's a Durant-bashing thread (no "wall" required) and a Lebron-bashing thread (no double required to stop jumpshooting)

Only MJ required both (wall and double) because he's the only goat athlete that was also a goat jumpshooter

89 Pippen.

Ne 1
02-24-2022, 08:34 AM
You could leave MJ from 3 and let him shoot lol and of course Lebron had the wall theory, the problem is he’s too good of a passer, you build a wall and he throws it to a shooter in the corner so teams couldn’t do the wall often. You double him at the top like your other idea, he also finds the open man. You actually proved Lebron being harder to stop based on you’re 2 defensive plans for players.

Ne 1
02-24-2022, 08:38 AM
35% to 32% from 3.. and Lebrons 6’9 260.. MJ is 6’6 220.. the wall works for one and not for the other lol

zeerghit
02-24-2022, 10:43 AM
35% to 32% from 3.. and Lebrons 6’9 260.. MJ is 6’6 220.. the wall works for one and not for the other lol

WIDE OPEN SHOTS.. zone defence would wreck him

sdot_thadon
02-24-2022, 01:38 PM
Shit Lebron requires several "walls" of text daily from OP and still is in the goat convo. Some so called defense 3bot.

Manny98
02-24-2022, 02:21 PM
MJ never faced the "wall" defense.

AirBonner
02-24-2022, 03:12 PM
MJ never faced the "wall" defense.

Some say a certain ceo was a “wall” for MJ ;)

Round Mound
02-24-2022, 06:49 PM
Barkley also was a great rim attacker in his prime. I think he lead the league in dunks one season too.

beasted
02-24-2022, 07:01 PM
Does it really matter where a player is getting double teamed?

Shaq didn't need a "wall" so does it not make him a top 5 peak offensive unstoppability?

3ba11
02-24-2022, 07:08 PM
Does it really matter where a player is getting double teamed?

Shaq didn't need a "wall" so does it not make him a top 5 peak offensive unstoppability?

A wall = multiple paint defenders seeking to take you out or stop you.

Shaq needed a wall because his rim attack is goat

Goat rim attack = wall

Ultimately, defenders meet rim attackers at the rim or in the paint (wall), so the only overt double-teams occur on the perimeter to stop hot jumpshooters or on the post.

So this thread bashes Durant's scoring (no wall needed) and Lebron's (no perimeter or post double-team needed because his jumper rarely gets hot and he doesn't post consistently)

beasted
02-24-2022, 07:31 PM
A wall = multiple paint defenders seeking to take you out or stop you.

Shaq needed a wall because his rim attack is goat

Goat rim attack = wall

Ultimately, defenders meet rim attackers at the rim or in the paint (wall), so the only overt double-teams occur on the perimeter to stop hot jumpshooters or on the post.

So this thread bashes Durant's scoring (no wall needed) and Lebron's (no perimeter or post double-team needed because his jumper rarely gets hot and he doesn't post consistently)
My point is what difference does it make what area of the floor a player draws heavy defensive attention from? Or whether they can draw defensive attention in a versatile fashion?

You couldn't stop peak Shaq and he was only effective within 7 feet. You knew what he was doing and still couldn't stop him!

Effectiveness and efficiency is the name of the game. Not necessarily how versatile or what areas of the floor they can beat maximum defensive attention from.

3ba11
02-24-2022, 11:07 PM
My point is what difference does it make what area of the floor a player draws heavy defensive attention from? Or whether they can draw defensive attention in a versatile fashion?

You couldn't stop peak Shaq and he was only effective within 7 feet. You knew what he was doing and still couldn't stop him!

Effectiveness and efficiency is the name of the game. Not necessarily how versatile or what areas of the floor they can beat maximum defensive attention from.

Having scoring diversity allows capacity for superior strategy and teammate fits, which requires less help..

Shaq required "Jordan's" as sidekick so that's more help than most and more help than kobe needed, while Shaq also lost a ton as the favorite and got swept a lot.. he was Ostertag's bitch