PDA

View Full Version : 10' Shaq > 15' Bogut

3ba11
02-23-2022, 07:40 PM

* Prime Mo's offense = prime Klay based on advanced stats and ppg + apg.

* 15' Dray was 0x all-star.. 10' Jamison was 2x

* Cavs had #3 and #7 defense in 09/10 (aka elite defense and not a big gap from Warriors)

* Zydrunas was 2x all-star and Varejao was all-defense in 2010 - comparable to Barnes & Iggy

* 15' Warriors were a surprise team, while the 10' Cavs had already been league favorites the prior year (added Jamison/Shaq to the league favorite)

Conclusion: 2010 Lebron had a comparable league favorite to the 15' Warriors but failed to win organically because he never finished learning the best brand of ball in the league like all organic winners do (he bailed a year or two early)

ShawkFactory
02-23-2022, 07:43 PM

* Prime Mo's offense = prime Klay based on advanced stats and ppg + apg.

* Cavs had #3 and #7 defense in 09/10.

* Zydrunas was 2x all-star.. Varejao was all-defense in 2010 - comparable to Barnes & Iggy

* 15' Warriors were a surprise team, while the 10' Cavs had already been league favorites the prior year (added Jamison/Shaq to the league favorite)

Conclusion: Lebron had a comparable on-paper to the 15' Warriors but failed to win organically because he never finished learning the best brand of ball in the league like all organic winners do

Wouldn't have hurt at all to have had KG and Ray Allen hurt in that series either, eh?

1987_Lakers
02-23-2022, 07:43 PM
Bogut was an All-NBA defender in 2015 and one of the better passing bigs in the NBA.

GrayGoat
02-23-2022, 07:51 PM
Op abandoned his last thread. So he created this one

3ba11
02-23-2022, 07:51 PM
Wouldn't have hurt at all to have had KG and Ray Allen hurt in that series either, eh?

Be honest - what's the biggest reason that Lebron lost the 10' ECSF as a massive favorite?

A) Lebron averaged 33 on 55% for the first 3 games (2-1 lead) but then 21 on 34% for the last 3 (all losses)

B) another reason

The Celtics were a bummy, 50-win underdog in 2010 - KG was a 14/7 shell after his injury in 2009 and basically equal to Varejao or Zydrunas or Shaq.. And Ray Allen was similar to Mo at that time.

Rondo actually led that team in the series and dominated the so-called #2 player of all-time down the stretch (lol)

ShawkFactory
02-23-2022, 07:54 PM
Be honest - what's the biggest reason that Lebron lost the 10' ECSF as a massive favorite?

A) Lebron averaged 33 on 55% for the first 3 games (2-1 lead) but then 21 on 34% for the last 3 (all losses)

B) another reason

The Celtics were a bummy, 50-win underdog in 2010 - KG was a 14/7 shell after his injury in 2009 and basically equal to Varejao or Zydrunas or Shaq.. And Ray Allen was similar to Mo at that time.

Rondo actually led that team in the series and dominated the so-called #2 player of all-time down the stretch (lol)

Quit. Completely mentally checked out after a dominant game 3 performance.

There are a lot of theories as to why. Maybe they're true, maybe not. Who knows but it was bizarre.

coastalmarker99
02-23-2022, 08:25 PM

There are a lot of theories as to why. Maybe they're true, maybe not. Who knows but it was bizarre.

This was the series where LeBron found out what everyone else in the Cavs organisation already knew (he was last to find out), Delonte West was banging his mom and LeBron freaked out hard.

As throughout the last 3 games he averaged 6.3 turnovers shot 34% from the field and had a 46.8 TS% plus a 87 offensive rating.

tpols
02-23-2022, 08:41 PM
Bogut was an All-NBA defender in 2015 and one of the better passing bigs in the NBA.

Also one of the best screen setters. That's funny. Bogut led the entire NBA playoffs in total blocks in 2016 but I remember you and others saying him getting hurt didn't matter. Oh boy the hypocrisy!

tpols
02-23-2022, 08:46 PM

So he quit in 2010. Had the all time choke the year after. Lost as big favorite the year before. Had worst series of his career in 2008 to Boston. Got swept while playing horribly in 2007. Got dominated overall by the Spurs in their 3 bouts. Got dominated by the warriors in their bouts. Has the two biggest margin of defeat Finals of all time (2014 and 2018)...

Do you get why its so fraudulent to compare him to Michael Jordan?

ShawkFactory
02-23-2022, 08:50 PM
So he quit in 2010. Had the all time choke the year after. Lost as big favorite the year before. Had worst series of his career in 2008 to Boston. Got swept while playing horribly in 2007. Got dominated overall by the Spurs in their 3 bouts. Got dominated by the warriors in their bouts. Has the two biggest margin of defeat Finals of all time (2014 and 2018)...

Do you get why its so fraudulent to compare him to Michael Jordan?

I’ve never done that. Nor do I give a fvck at all..

ShawkFactory
02-23-2022, 08:52 PM
This was the series where LeBron found out what everyone else in the Cavs organisation already knew (he was last to find out), Delonte West was banging his mom and LeBron freaked out hard.

As throughout the last 3 games he averaged 6.3 turnovers shot 34% from the field and had a 46.8 TS% plus a 87 offensive rating.

I remember talking to my dad about it even. There’s no way it could have gone that south without something happening. Some say he was already planning on making the move to Miami but that wouldn’t account for his great play in the first three games. Unless he planned on turning it off half way through the series.

tpols
02-23-2022, 08:59 PM
I’ve never done that. Nor do I give a fvck at all..

I mean... you're in all the LeBron and MJ threads arguing. I'm just trying to explain why there's such outrage at the comparison.

ShawkFactory
02-23-2022, 09:00 PM
I mean... you're in all the LeBron and MJ threads arguing. I'm just trying to explain why there's such outrage at the comparison.

Not even fvcking close. But the ones I'm in? You clearly don't follow the arguments then.

I've never once said Lebron > MJ. I've never even once said you could argue Lebron > MJ.

The dishonestly and bullshit takes on the other end under the guise of reasonability is where I draw issue.