PDA

View Full Version : Giannis: "Miami was built to be an NBA bubble team"

Drygon
02-23-2022, 08:23 PM
The Heat missed the 2019 playoffs. They got swept by the Bucks in the first round of the 2021 playoffs.

Between, Miami smoked Milwaukee in the second round (4-1) and reached the 2020 NBA Finals in the bubble.

Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo, via Eric Nehm of The Athletic:

Year 7. Ended with Miami. I don’t make excuses as an athlete, but it wasn’t a satisfying year for me because I felt like if it was a normal situation, it wouldn’t end up like that. But at the end of the day, I felt like Miami was built to be an NBA bubble team, you know?

https://sports.yahoo.com/giannis-antetokounmpo-miami-built-nba-150754498.html

BigKobeFan
02-23-2022, 09:44 PM
I agree

Bubble ring is worthless

Full Court
02-23-2022, 09:45 PM
Bubble ring was the biggest asterisk in the history of the sport.

But what does "built to be an NBA bubble team" even mean?

houston
02-23-2022, 10:09 PM
A ring is a ring. Heat team had chemistry and mentally strong the Bucks was not.

beasted
02-23-2022, 10:11 PM
Hoping for Heat vs Bucks III. Could be an entertaining story line. Team vs team rivalries don't exist in today's NBA anymore. Too many player fans.

TheGoatest
02-23-2022, 10:32 PM
Holy crap! That means LeGOATest won a chip/FMVP against a team in an environment against a team that was built for such an environment. :applause: :banana:
Most fair ring in the history of sports. There will probably never again be a situation again where all teams are put in an environment where no team has any kind of advantage over another team. And LeBron won a chip/FMVP in such an environment. :applause:

RRR3
02-23-2022, 10:32 PM
Gianny salty as **** he got embarrassed in 2020 still I see.

Full Court
02-23-2022, 10:33 PM
Holy crap! That means LeGOATest won a chip/FMVP against a team in an environment against a team that was built for such an environment. :applause: :banana:
Most fair ring in the history of sports. There will probably never again be a situation again where all teams are put in an environment where no team has any kind of advantage over another team. And LeBron won a chip/FMVP in such an environment. :applause:

You're not even good at trolling.

TheGoatest
02-23-2022, 10:39 PM

Yeah, when you get embarrassed that badly, you're bound to blame the circumstances. Except the circumstances were the exact same for Miami as they were for his team. And every other team. That's what makes the 2020 ring so special.

RRR3
02-23-2022, 10:48 PM
Gianny's thoughts on the bubble before he got destroyed:
https://www.nba.com/news/giannis-antetokounmpo-bucks-2020-championship-difficulty

“I feel like this is going to be the toughest championship you could ever win,” Antetokounmpo told reporters on a Wednesday conference video call after participating in the Bucks’ first day of individual workouts at their training facility in Milwaukee.

“Because circumstances are really tough right now. Whoever wants it more is going to be able to go out there and take it.”

:roll::roll::roll:

TheGoatest
02-23-2022, 10:53 PM
https://www.nba.com/news/giannis-antetokounmpo-bucks-2020-championship-difficulty

“I feel like this is going to be the toughest championship you could ever win,” Antetokounmpo told reporters on a Wednesday conference video call after participating in the Bucks’ first day of individual workouts at their training facility in Milwaukee.

“Because circumstances are really tough right now. Whoever wants it more is going to be able to go out there and take it.”

Damn, so exposed. :oldlol:
You could find so many similar quotes about the bubble at the time, and how it was described as a tough/fair for all environment.
My guess is that the peak of such quotes came right after the Lakers went down 0-1 against the Blazers in the first round of the playoffs. :roll:

ImKobe
02-24-2022, 12:31 AM

Refs gave the Heat Game 2 and he got injured and couldn't finish the series when it looked like he solved the Heat early in Game 4.

He wasted too many possessions shooting 3s but other than that he played just fine.

John_Connor
02-24-2022, 01:13 AM
A ring is a ring. Heat team had chemistry and mentally strong the Bucks was not.

a ring is not a ring. every ring has a different level if prestige attached to it

1987_Lakers
02-24-2022, 01:28 AM

Damn

RRR3
02-24-2022, 01:59 AM
Damn
Clear case of him being butthurt he got destroyed lol

TheGoatest
02-24-2022, 03:31 AM
He did sweep them in embarrassing fashion the very next year so maybe he has a point.

Giannis has the type of game where he needs fans cheering him on while he flexes his muscles.

Butler and Anthony davis peaked in the bubble.

He swept them after Miami (along with the Lakers) had the shortest offseason rest of any team in the history of the 4 major sports by a huge margin.
3 of the 4 conference finalists from the bubble lost in the first round of the following season's playoffs. And the last conference finalist got swept in the second round.
How often did that happen throughout NBA history? Or to put it more precisely - how often did it happen where all 4 conference finalists still had their core players on the roster?

SATAN
02-24-2022, 03:49 AM

LeBron won the toughest championship series in history confirmed.

TheGoatest
02-24-2022, 04:03 AM
Will never forget the Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith analyzing the game 1 loss against the Blazers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rUwGZFswrY

No discussions about the validity of a bubble ring here, folks. :roll:

Akeem34TheDream
02-24-2022, 06:51 AM
Clear case of him being butthurt he got destroyed lol

He humiliated them next year in a much worse fashion. 3 out of 4 games were blowouts. Aand he won a ring? I dont think 'salty' or 'butthurt' applies here. :lol

Akeem34TheDream
02-24-2022, 06:57 AM
Bubble ring was the biggest asterisk in the history of the sport.

But what does "built to be an NBA bubble team" even mean?

Yeah i agree 'built for bubble' doesnt make sense. He probably meant to say that they were a better fit as a team for an environment without fans or travel.

sdot_thadon
02-24-2022, 09:48 AM
Boy that anti bubble cruise crashed and burned within a couple of posts didn't it?

ArbitraryWater
02-24-2022, 10:21 AM
Peoople are misconstruing this.

Its more of a compliment.

Like the bubble emphasized all their strengths.

Like they were the team best gelled for that environment.

Jasper
02-24-2022, 10:37 AM
Heat won't stop Giannis now(.)

Full Court
02-24-2022, 11:23 PM
Lol at the Bronies in this thread trying to pretend that beating Butler and Duncan Robinson in the finals is a quality ring.

:roll: