PDA

View Full Version : GT: Jazz @ Suns

beasted
02-27-2022, 04:56 PM
Jazz looking bad early. They're trapping the pick & roll because Rudy isn't a good secondary decision maker if you pass it to him too far from the basket.

Proctor
02-27-2022, 04:57 PM
Gobert unable to stop Ayton. The theme continues. And at 200mil it's one expensive theme

beasted
02-27-2022, 04:59 PM
Mitchell carrying.

beasted
02-27-2022, 05:01 PM
Whiteside doing what Rudy couldn't do to open the game.

Proctor
02-27-2022, 05:01 PM
Damn, Mitchell is on fire.

If the Jazz are going to go anywhere he can't be the only one to play well against great teams

Proctor
02-27-2022, 05:03 PM
Holy shit Whiteside :roll:

imdaman99
02-27-2022, 05:05 PM
Where my boy xiao at? :biggums: don't tell me y'all chased another one off this board... :facepalm

Proctor
02-27-2022, 05:08 PM
Where my boy xiao at? :biggums: don't tell me y'all chased another one off this board... :facepalm
He stopped making Jazz GTs when Gobert went down with an injury and sat out a bunch of games (btw, that injury happened from shooting a 3!). When Gobert came back, Xiao never resumed because by then it was clear the Jazz aren't even remotely close to needing Rudy to win. Thus the troll got bored

Manny98
02-27-2022, 05:15 PM
Mitchell on fire from 3

Whiteside continuing to do great things, best backup big in the league he should be starting

beasted
02-27-2022, 05:20 PM
Gobert is so stiff.

Proctor
02-27-2022, 05:22 PM
lmfao at Gobert getting twice eviscerated by Ayton who is smothering him defensively.

ZionDunks
02-27-2022, 05:36 PM
I like the jazz to take this game

Street Hunger
02-27-2022, 05:36 PM
When is Chris Paul supposed to return again? I forget if it's in time for the playoffs or not

Manny98
02-27-2022, 06:46 PM
Clarkson carrying!

Manny98
02-27-2022, 06:53 PM
Mitchell with the dagger :bowdown:

https://i.postimg.cc/ncd1ddnG/donovan-mitchell-joueur-de-basket.gif

Proctor
02-27-2022, 06:55 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/ncd1ddnG/donovan-mitchell-joueur-de-basket.gif

beasted
02-27-2022, 06:56 PM
Rudy blows the layup and then blows Bookers too.

Proctor
02-27-2022, 06:59 PM
Gobert trying to throw the game away. Blows an easy layup guarded by Booker. Booker scores on him with a 3 on the other end like Rudy is a traffic cone. Then splits the FTs.

Between he and Clarkson I'm not sure who is worse

Axe
02-27-2022, 08:00 PM
Gobert was cumbersome as usual.

Xiao Yao You
02-28-2022, 02:07 AM
Good road win . Survived another inefficient night from Mitchell. Gobert dominating the glass as usual

RRR3
02-28-2022, 06:24 AM
Xiao can troll all he wants but impact stats are showing Mitchell to be very close to Gobert this year (in fact, Mitchell ranks ahead of him in EPM, and was barely behind him in RPM before tonight's game, so he may have passed him in that too). He has caught up to Gobert in the regular season, it looks like. And we already knew Mitchell is far more valuable in the playoffs. He's the best player on the Jazz now, continuing to insist Rudy is will get more delusional as Mitchell continues to improve (he's 25 and has improved yearly for a while now).

Calling Mitchell, who has a 58.2 TS%, inefficient in a game he had a 58.6 TS% is hilarious btw, especially since Rudy Toody had a dreadful TS% of 48.4

Xiao Yao You
02-28-2022, 09:09 AM
can't quit me! :facepalm

Manny98
02-28-2022, 09:19 AM
Good road win . Survived another inefficient night from Mitchell. Gobert dominating the glass as usual

Mitchell was literally more efficient than Gobert this game :oldlol:

Also Rudy was a team worst -15

Xiao Yao You
02-28-2022, 01:46 PM
Off nite for Rudy. Typical nite for best player in jazz history. ,+/- lol

NBAGOAT
02-28-2022, 08:06 PM
Xiao can troll all he wants but impact stats are showing Mitchell to be very close to Gobert this year (in fact, Mitchell ranks ahead of him in EPM, and was barely behind him in RPM before tonight's game, so he may have passed him in that too). He has caught up to Gobert in the regular season, it looks like. And we already knew Mitchell is far more valuable in the playoffs. He's the best player on the Jazz now, continuing to insist Rudy is will get more delusional as Mitchell continues to improve (he's 25 and has improved yearly for a while now).

Calling Mitchell, who has a 58.2 TS%, inefficient in a game he had a 58.6 TS% is hilarious btw, especially since Rudy Toody had a dreadful TS% of 48.4

you're right but rudy dominated those stats last year and mitchell is having a breakout year on the impact end. rudy just not as impactful this year either and no coincidence utah went from 4th to 10th on defense with minimal changes

Axe
02-28-2022, 08:26 PM
can't quit me! :facepalm
This catchphrase :roll:

Xiao Yao You
02-28-2022, 09:02 PM
you're right but rudy dominated those stats last year and mitchell is having a breakout year on the impact end. rudy just not as impactful this year either and no coincidence utah went from 4th to 10th on defense with minimal changes

Rudy was having his best year at both ends before he missed time. They were 5th in D before he went out. That's with few plus defenders helping him and quite a few that just plain suck on D

NBAGOAT
02-28-2022, 09:09 PM
Rudy was having his best year at both ends before he missed time. They were 5th in D before he went out. That's with few plus defenders helping him and quite a few that just plain suck on D

yes but his impact isnt on par to last year especially these recent games. Last year he was easily the best defender in the league by the eye test and those impact stats.. This year he's just one of many guys according to stats like epm and rpm at least and doesnt lead on defense in either. to name one guy by eye test and stats, draymond's had more of an impact on defense this year. Both the cavs bigs are all defense caliber this year and on goberts lvl this year imo.

Xiao Yao You
02-28-2022, 09:26 PM
yes but his impact isnt on par to last year especially these recent games. Last year he was easily the best defender in the league by the eye test and those impact stats.. This year he's just one of many guys according to stats like epm and rpm at least and doesnt lead on defense in either. to name one guy by eye test and stats, draymond's had more of an impact on defense this year. Both the cavs bigs are all defense caliber this year and on goberts lvl this year imo.

both the Cavs bigs! Gobert doesn't have another DPOTY candidate helping him and again Jazz were 5th in D. They are 11th now because Gobert was out

NBAGOAT
02-28-2022, 09:36 PM
both the Cavs bigs! Gobert doesn't have another DPOTY candidate helping him

yes but the rest of cle's lineup is at best mediocre on defense and they're a top 4 defense. Utah is 10th. mobley has a relative dfg% at rim of -13.2% and allen is -15.5%, both are higher than gobert who's at -11%. https://www.nba.com/stats/players/defense-dash-lt6/. relative dfg% is one of the better stats for looking at rim protection and just means the difference between what a player is shooting at the rim overall and what they shot vs a certain rim protector.

for reference gobert was at -13.6% last year and no one was close to him besides myles turner and brook lopez. Also at least for mobley not only is he a strong rim protector but he's very switchable for a 7 foot big more so than gobert for sure..

Xiao Yao You
02-28-2022, 09:54 PM
yes but the rest of cle's lineup is at best mediocre on defense and they're a top 4 defense. Utah is 10th. mobley has a relative dfg% at rim of -13.2% and allen is -15.5%, both are higher than gobert who's at -11%. https://www.nba.com/stats/players/defense-dash-lt6/. relative dfg% is one of the better stats for looking at rim protection and just means the difference between what a player is shooting at the rim overall and what they shot vs a certain rim protector.

for reference gobert was at -13.6% last year and no one was close to him besides myles turner and brook lopez. Also at least for mobley not only is he a strong rim protector but he's very switchable for a 7 foot big more so than gobert for sure..

Gobert is switchable but Unlike Mobley he doesn't have a Jarrett Allen to protect the rim next to him. Rudy Gay sure wasn't the answer and again Jazz were 5th in D. They are 11th now because Gobert was out

NBAGOAT
02-28-2022, 10:04 PM
Gobert is switchable but Unlike Mobley he doesn't have a Jarrett Allen to protect the rim next to him. Rudy Gay sure wasn't the answer and again Jazz were 5th in D. They are 11th now because Gobert was out

dont compare goberts switchability to mobley, you're destroying you're own credibility. Yes a good part of it was gobert being out but 5 of the last 9 games goberts played(when he came back from injury), utah has given up over a 110ortg which would be below average this year. You can certainly say he's not as good because of his injury but that's simply what he's done. Allen and Mobley have been great all year.

Again i'm not predicting gobert will be worse than those 2 next year but at least this year those 2 have a legitimate case over him. Their team is significantly better on defense, they are slightly better in impact stats like epm, and they have better rim protection stats too

RRR3
03-01-2022, 02:12 AM
dont compare goberts switchability to mobley, you're destroying you're own credibility. Yes a good part of it was gobert being out but 5 of the last 9 games goberts played(when he came back from injury), utah has given up over a 110ortg which would be below average this year. You can certainly say he's not as good because of his injury but that's simply what he's done. Allen and Mobley have been great all year.

Again i'm not predicting gobert will be worse than those 2 next year but at least this year those 2 have a legitimate case over him. Their team is significantly better on defense, they are slightly better in impact stats like epm, and they have better rim protection stats too
When has he ever had credibility? He thinks Mitchell is a bad player which is insane.

Xiao Yao You
03-01-2022, 05:57 PM
can't quit me

RRR3
03-01-2022, 06:51 PM

No response :roll:

The troll is helpless against facts.

NBAGOAT
03-01-2022, 07:12 PM
No response :roll:

The troll is helpless against facts.

i'm a gobert fan unlike most of this board so I feel bad but yea xiao is unreasonable when it comes to gobert. I remember him arguing gobert over jokic last year, it's like come on lol

RRR3
03-01-2022, 07:17 PM
i'm a gobert fan unlike most of this board so I feel bad but yea xiao is unreasonable when it comes to gobert. I remember him arguing gobert over jokic last year, it's like come on lol
Gobert is a great player, at least in the regular season, but he's not ****ing with Jokic or Embiid. I would take Bam over him as well because he can't be schemed against in the playoffs.

Manny98
03-01-2022, 07:29 PM
:roll::roll::roll:

RRR3
03-01-2022, 07:30 PM
:roll::roll::roll:
:oldlol: Man's completely insane.

NBAGOAT
03-01-2022, 07:32 PM
Gobert is a great player, at least in the regular season, but he's not ****ing with Jokic or Embiid. I would take Bam over him as well because he can't be schemed against in the playoffs.

yea we'll see how utah does in the playoffs. It might be a bit delusional but I have them as a sleeper pick in the West. You know i'm a cp3 fan but the suns dont outmatch the jazz that much and I dont think curry has enough help on offense.