PDA

View Full Version : Peak Stats

Baller789
02-27-2022, 09:09 PM
What if a Rookie comes into the NBA, joins a mediocre team, 3-peats, then averages these numbers for three season afterwhich he suffers a career ending injury...

55ppg
75% fg
60% 3fg
97% ft
12 rpg
11apg
5 bpg
4 spg
1 topg

3 MVPs
3 DPOY
3 All-stars
3 FMVPs
3 All NBA
3 All D NBA
1 ROY
3 All-star MVP

Would you consider him to be the GOAT?

Westbrook_Fan
02-27-2022, 09:12 PM
So basically what if somebody played like LeBron for 3 seasons?

Well.. LeBron would still be better because he did it for 19 seasons :hammertime::hammertime:

Baller789
02-27-2022, 09:41 PM

Well.. LeBron would still be better because he did it for 19 seasons :hammertime::hammertime:

Eh no. The player above didn't LOSE any NBA Finals series.

coastalmarker99
02-27-2022, 09:41 PM
Yes, I would consider him the Goat.

As by that point he would be the greatest outlier in the history of sport.

Someone averaging 50 PPG in the modern era is just insane to think about as nobody besides Wilt has ever averaged over 40PPG for a season.

Full Court
02-27-2022, 09:44 PM
Yes.

Those things mean wwaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than longevity with lesser performance.

Which, I assume, is the point you were trying to make.

Some Bronies are about to get triggered. :lol

Baller789
02-28-2022, 03:11 AM
Yes.

Those things mean wwaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than longevity with lesser performance.

Which, I assume, is the point you were trying to make.

Some Bronies are about to get triggered. :lol

Well I'm not trying to involve Lebron in this thread.
But one alt was so insecure he had to bring him up.
:oldlol:

Spurs m8
02-28-2022, 03:15 AM

God you are fvcking braindead

No wonder all your other alts are banned and you've never had sex

TheGoatest
02-28-2022, 03:38 AM

Damn, first reply slays are different. :oldlol:

Baller789
02-28-2022, 05:07 AM
Damn, first reply slays are different. :oldlol:

Damn, first reply reeked insecurity.

iamgine
02-28-2022, 06:29 AM
I would strongly consider him to be the GOAT.

Not because of peak stats vs longevity.

But when there's someone that is so superhumanly impossible, it has to be strongly considered.

Even if only for 1 season, not 3.

It's like if there's someone who only score 15 ppg but played for 200 years and accumulated like 60 titles. I'd strongly consider him to be GOAT.

Baller789
02-28-2022, 06:55 AM
I would strongly consider him to be the GOAT.

Not because of peak stats vs longevity.

But when there's someone that is so superhumanly impossible, it has to be strongly considered.

Even if only for 1 season, not 3.

It's like if there's someone who only score 15 ppg but played for 200 years and accumulated like 60 titles. I'd strongly consider him to be GOAT.

Well I purposely made the parameters 3 seasons to eliminate the fluke/ flash in a pan argument.

What if that player scored 9ppg for say 30 years. Would he be your GOAT? The 200 years of yours is kinda overdoing it. Lol

Full Court
02-28-2022, 08:02 AM
God you are fvcking braindead

No wonder all your other alts are banned and you've never had sex

That's a good thing. Just think if this guy were to procreate....

HoopsNY
02-28-2022, 08:56 AM
I don't get the point of the thread?

sdot_thadon
02-28-2022, 11:47 AM
I don't get the point of the thread?

He wants to say longevity doesn't matter as much as peak and is taking the super long way home. Op, there's something called context, who's he playing, are the rules different, is he shooting 30ft a game? Because in order to accomplish that I'd assume he played nothing but doorstops without seeing him live ...

iamgine
02-28-2022, 02:14 PM
Well I purposely made the parameters 3 seasons to eliminate the fluke/ flash in a pan argument.

What if that player scored 9ppg for say 30 years. Would he be your GOAT? The 200 years of yours is kinda overdoing it. Lol

There is no fluke/flash in a pan argument when someone is that impossible, even if only for half a season. It would be like if I see someone who can fly and score 100 in a single game before disappearing forever. I'd instantly consider this person to be the GOAT despite him only playing a single game.

9ppg for 30 years is not enough.

AlternativeAcc.
02-28-2022, 04:32 PM
No. Because lebron exists. That's not nearly enough to surpass him. Even an impossible hypothetical player can't surpass lebron :lol

He'd be number 2 though.

AlternativeAcc.
02-28-2022, 04:34 PM
There is no fluke/flash in a pan argument when someone is that impossible, even if only for half a season. It would be like if I see someone who can fly and score 100 in a single game before disappearing forever. I'd instantly consider this person to be the GOAT despite him only playing a single game.

9ppg for 30 years is not enough.

You're an idiot then. 1 game can't make someone the GOAT, it's just not how it works. You can have the highest peak and still not be the GOAT. Are you retarded?

Baller789
02-28-2022, 06:49 PM
He wants to say longevity doesn't matter as much as peak and is taking the super long way home. Op, there's something called context, who's he playing, are the rules different, is he shooting 30ft a game? Because in order to accomplish that I'd assume he played nothing but doorstops without seeing him live ...

Oh he's dropped into the current era.

iamgine
02-28-2022, 08:31 PM
You're an idiot then. 1 game can't make someone the GOAT, it's just not how it works. You can have the highest peak and still not be the GOAT. Are you retarded?

Sure it can.