PDA

View Full Version : It's time for Lebron to retire.

coastalmarker99
02-28-2022, 01:01 AM
The last four years in LA outside of 2020 have just been sad to watch as a Lebron fan.

He is doing nothing relevant anymore besides just boosting his longevity stats.

I wish he stayed in the east and went to the 76ers in 2018 instead of the Lakers.

As he has basically wasted the last good years of his career.

Axe
02-28-2022, 01:03 AM
Should have stayed in the east instead.

coastalmarker99
02-28-2022, 01:19 AM
He honestly could have gone to 10 or 11 straight finals and won 5 to 6 rings had he gone to the 76ers in 2018.

As they were stacked with assets and talent at the time.

In 2019 LeBron could have had a lineup of.

Ben

Reddick.

Jimmy

Joel

Surrounding him that easily would have been a dynasty.

Especially with the Warriors breaking up.

FultzNationRISE
02-28-2022, 01:20 AM
Hey OP, how about you retire that ****ing attitude pal?

Wavves
02-28-2022, 01:28 AM
nah

Bawkish
02-28-2022, 01:33 AM
He honestly could have gone to 10 or 11 straight finals and won 5 to 6 rings had he gone to the 76ers in 2018.

Ben

Reddick.

Jimmy

Joel

nah, he would've forced them to trade all the roster for Melo & AD

Westbrook_Fan
02-28-2022, 01:37 AM
So a dude whos Top 5 in the league statistically should retire? What about all the other players in the league, should they retire to?

Mr. Woke
02-28-2022, 01:57 AM

Ben

Reddick.

Jimmy

Joel

There is no guarantee that would have happened.

TheGoatest
02-28-2022, 03:27 AM

Can't say I disagree with that.
On a purely basketball level, the Lakers and their crap "young core" were just about the worst place he could've left to back in 2018. But his family wanted him to go there, so he left. Which is what makes LeBron such an amazing father and husband, in addition to being the greatest basketball player ever. :applause:

bullettooth
02-28-2022, 03:29 AM
Can't say I disagree with that.
On a purely basketball level, the Lakers and their crap "young core" were just about the worst place he could've left to back in 2018. But his family wanted him to go there, so he left. Which is what makes LeBron such an amazing father and husband, in addition to being the greatest basketball player ever. :applause:

Does anyone else cringe when they read this kind of obsessive fanboyism?

TheGoatest
02-28-2022, 03:33 AM

I don't think so. But anyone who is living in 2022 and not 5 years ago definitely cringes when they see someone still using the word "cringe" in 2022. :oldlol:

Spurs m8
02-28-2022, 04:14 AM

It's so fvcking tragic.

The worst part is, he means it.

Thegoatest is 11/10 pathetic

Lives his life through bron...which is why he's having a mental breakdown

Full Court
02-28-2022, 08:12 AM
So a dude whos Top 5 in the league statistically should retire? What about all the other players in the league, should they retire to?

Trust me, he's only top 5 in your teeny, adoring mind.

Gudo
02-28-2022, 09:28 AM
Getting booed by the Lakers. Still playing a ton of minutes even if losing by a lot. He's just out there to statpad indeed.

Airupthere
02-28-2022, 10:15 AM

Wtf was that all about? Lol at these branstans.

Jasper
02-28-2022, 10:47 AM
watching to much westbrook lately ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X7k-4gxGiw

Next year it will be one of those games when a laker before he retires scores 80 + points in a meaningless game !!!

RogueBorg
02-28-2022, 11:30 AM
NO! I'm enjoying watching the Lebronstans in full meltdown. I don't want it to ever end.

Gudo
02-28-2022, 11:51 AM
Let's enjoy the ride indeed :oldlol:

RogueBorg
02-28-2022, 12:51 PM
Let's enjoy the ride indeed :oldlol:

:rockon:

TheMan
02-28-2022, 12:55 PM
I don't think so. But anyone who is living in 2022 and not 5 years ago definitely cringes when they see someone still using the word "cringe" in 2022. :oldlol:

Cringe still exists today you fukking idiot, and all your posts induces it :confusedshrug:

2much_knowledge
02-28-2022, 01:17 PM
Nah. Let him stat pad totals until the wheels fall appart, so he can say he has something over jordan by playing hundreds of extra games. Fools gold baby

HoopsNY
02-28-2022, 01:20 PM
The last four years in LA outside of 2020 have just been sad to watch as a Lebron fan.

He is doing nothing relevant anymore besides just boosting his longevity stats.

I wish he stayed in the east and went to the 76ers in 2018 instead of the Lakers.

As he has basically wasted the last good years of his career.

Bit of a stretch. They're literally a healthy AD away from being title contenders. Not to mention, they're in position to be in the play-in, so anything can happen in the future. I still believe the Lakers will get it together and surprise everyone.

Phoenix
02-28-2022, 01:27 PM
Bit of a stretch. They're literally a healthy AD away from being title contenders. Not to mention, they're in position to be in the play-in, so anything can happen in the future. I still believe the Lakers will get it together and surprise everyone.

That's the big what-if. The guy just can't stay healthy enough to gauge what the team is running on all cylinders, and I feel like Westbrook will ultimately undermine them unless he takes on a reduced role, at which point he's not of much use. He doesn't do the intangibles stuff that every championship level team needs.

HoopsNY
02-28-2022, 01:42 PM
That's the big what-if. The guy just can't stay healthy enough to gauge what the team is running on all cylinders, and I feel like Westbrook will ultimately undermine them unless he takes on a reduced role, at which point he's not of much use. He doesn't do the intangibles stuff that every championship level team needs.

Yea, I hear what you're saying. But any team with LeBron+a healthy co-star who is also a top 10 player in the league when healthy+role players and other co-stars is gonna be a title contender.

The premise of the OP is extreme IMO. LeBron can still play at a high level and is an MVP candidate under normal circumstances. No reason for him to retire. He's far from over.

Phoenix
02-28-2022, 05:21 PM
Yea, I hear what you're saying. But any team with LeBron+a healthy co-star who is also a top 10 player in the league when healthy+role players and other co-stars is gonna be a title contender.

The premise of the OP is extreme IMO. LeBron can still play at a high level and is an MVP candidate under normal circumstances. No reason for him to retire. He's far from over.

Yeah, the 'time to retire' thing is silly, not giving that any energy. But when it comes down to winning chips, ALOT of stuff has to be in your favor and I personally don't see this team going anywhere unless somehow AD becomes iron-man( at least for the rest of the season), Russ plays exponentially better, and stars from the main contenders fall out from injury( like last years playoffs). The basketball Gods would have to be putting in OT to make all that happen.

StrongLurk
02-28-2022, 07:04 PM
His time is obviously coming to a close soon...but he still easily has 2-3 years left. However I think he should retire for sure if he can no longer be a top 10 player in the league...you don't want to go out like other stars (Shaq, Hakeem, Kobe, etc.).