PDA

View Full Version : Who's Memphis' 2nd Star?

nineiron
03-01-2022, 10:02 AM
all this bitching about AD being out and how LeRoid "doesn't have a 2nd star"

who's the 2nd star for the Grizzlies? why are they doing so well?

better yet, who's the 2nd star on the Pelicans? you know, the Pelicans that just beat LeRoid by 30 points..

Wally450
03-01-2022, 10:20 AM
Managed to bring LeBron into the thread right in the OP. Congrats. :oldlol:

nineiron
03-01-2022, 02:32 PM
who is it?

2much_knowledge
03-01-2022, 02:33 PM
#WhoIsIt?

Spurs m8
03-01-2022, 02:37 PM
Guys?

Guys?

ShawkFactory
03-01-2022, 02:55 PM
They don’t have one at the moment. They’re away with a hungry ensemble cast who know their roles and play hard every night. I don’t know if they’re quite ready for a playoff series against a good team yet but it’s obviously more than fine in the RS.

WhiteKyrie
03-01-2022, 02:56 PM
Bane and Jackson Jr are very nice young players.

Airupthere
03-01-2022, 03:04 PM
Nice winning formula. Does not have to stack the deck and collude every time.

nineiron
03-01-2022, 03:18 PM

here's Bane's shooting % over the last the last 6 games:

27.3%
22.2%
33.3%
47.4%
27.3%

i'm pretty sure Westbrook's %'s are better

nineiron
03-01-2022, 03:19 PM
They don’t have one at the moment. They’re away with a hungry ensemble cast who know their roles and play hard every night. I don’t know if they’re quite ready for a playoff series against a good team yet but it’s obviously more than fine in the RS.

or maybe they have a leader that can actually carry a team

theman93
03-01-2022, 03:28 PM
What about the Nuggets 2nd star? How are they doing so well??

theman93
03-01-2022, 03:30 PM
And Dallas' 2nd star? Why don't they need more halp to be in the playoffs?

nineiron
03-01-2022, 03:32 PM

good points, how are they managing without a 2nd star?

sounds to me like Jokic, Luka and Ja are just that much better than empty stat LeRoid.

Airupthere
03-01-2022, 03:33 PM
good points, how are they managing without a 2nd star?

sounds to me like Jokic, Luka and Ja are just that much better than empty stat LeRoid.

Sounds like the LeWarRoom is just a bunch of bullshit lol

RogueBorg
03-01-2022, 03:33 PM
all this bitching about AD being out and how LeRoid "doesn't have a 2nd star"

who's the 2nd star for the Grizzlies? why are they doing so well?

better yet, who's the 2nd star on the Pelicans? you know, the Pelicans that just beat LeRoid by 30 points..

LeBronies avoiding this topic like the plague.

WhiteKyrie
03-01-2022, 03:35 PM
here's Bane's shooting % over the last the last 6 games:

27.3%
22.2%
33.3%
47.4%
27.3%

i'm pretty sure Westbrook's %'s are better
He’s had a bad stretch, ever since he blew the game I went to vs Portland.

Side bar he was a pseudo douche bag when I met him. Maybe because he blew the game that night, idk.

But he’s played well the majority of the season. Cold streaks happen. Hell, look at Curry since he broke the 3 point record. 18/4/4 on 45% is a good player. A star? No. But he’s a really good 3rd option. And he plays solid defense.

Memphis is young. Energetic. Athletic. They like one another and play hard for each other. They’re physical. It’s a really good team.

ZionDunks
03-01-2022, 03:36 PM

These two but they’re solid B’s across the entire rotation

nineiron
03-01-2022, 03:37 PM
He’s had a bad stretch, ever since he blew the game I went to vs Portland. And he was a pseudo douche bag when I met him. But he’s played well the majority of the season. Cold streaks happen. Hell, look at Curry since he broke the 3 point record. 18/4/4 on 45% is a good player. A star? No. But he’s a really good 3rd option. And he plays solid defense.

Westbrook's numbers are better. which is incredible considering he's playing with LeCancer

WhiteKyrie
03-01-2022, 03:40 PM
Westbrook's numbers are better. which is incredible considering he's playing with LeCancer
You’d rather have Westbrick over Bane? Then you don’t understand basketball beyond pure statistical output. As I said, Bane also plays defense, isn’t a turnover machine, and isn’t a violation feminine meltdown waiting to happen.

nineiron
03-01-2022, 03:42 PM
You’d rather have Westbrick over Bane? Then you don’t understand basketball beyond pure statistical output. As I said, Bane also plays defense, isn’t a turnover machine, and isn’t a violation feminine meltdown waiting to happen.

as opposed to Lebron, right?

ShawkFactory
03-01-2022, 03:44 PM

Not really. Weren't they like 12-2 with Ja out? They have a talented and deep ensemble cast that and knows their role and is playing hard every night. But no stars.

nineiron
03-01-2022, 03:45 PM
Not really. Weren't they like 12-2 with Ja out? They have a talented and deep ensemble cast that and knows their role and is playing hard every night. But no stars.

you mean they had good team chemistry and played the right way because they learned from their leader?

WhiteKyrie
03-01-2022, 03:47 PM
as opposed to Lebron, right?

LeBron doesn’t play defense and winning basketball, plays for his own stats that aren’t truly impacting winning.

But he’s not melting down like Westbrick. He can’t not hit the broad side of a barn on a jumpshot either like Westbrick.

I don’t like LeBron, but are you serious? Lakers would trade Westbrick for Bane in a millisecond.

nineiron
03-01-2022, 03:48 PM
LeBron doesn’t play defense and winning basketball, plays for his own stats that aren’t truly impacting winning.

But he’s not melting down like Westbrick. He can’t not hit the broad side of a barn on a jumpshot either like Westbrick.

I don’t like LeBron, but are you serious? Lakers would trade Westbrick for Bane in a millisecond.

and the next thing that would happen is Bane's career would take a nose dive

WhiteKyrie
03-01-2022, 03:50 PM
and the next thing that would happen is Bane's career would take a nose dive
He plays better off the ball than Westbrick. And that’s all LeSelfish can play with yo accommodate his narcissistic stat chasing.

ShawkFactory
03-01-2022, 03:51 PM
you mean they had good team chemistry and played the right way because they learned from their leader?

Could be.

Jenkins is looking like an excellent coach and a lot of these guys spent multiple years in college playing for great coaches there too. They're also very young, and because of this are able to expend more energy night than most teams on a nightly basis. That combined with the depth allows them to play faster and more aggressive than pretty much anyone in the league.

The Cavs would be the eastern counterpart. Young and fast/physical. Injuries have kind of derailed them a bit though.

Gudo
03-01-2022, 03:57 PM

They would now. Not then. Plus, Bane will be diminished in a Lebron dominated system, then get blamed as a noncontributor. The blame just moves from one teammate to another.

nineiron
03-01-2022, 03:57 PM
They would now. Not then. Plus, Bane will be diminished in a Lebron dominated system, then get blamed as a noncontributor. The blame just moves from one teammate to another.

bingo

tpols
03-01-2022, 04:37 PM

Luka and Jokic are way better than Lebron. That's how.

PeroAntic
03-01-2022, 06:00 PM

This. Ja's influence on this team goes beyond his presence on the court. He inspires them to be better. hes the MVP

theman93
03-01-2022, 06:07 PM
Luka and Jokic are way better than Lebron. That's how.

:cheers:

insight
03-01-2022, 06:19 PM
Memphis doesn't have a clear cut #2 star, they excel in transition, they have multiple players who can initiate a fast break and finish the break. They have Dillon Brooks and JJJ who at times can carry the team on either side of the ball. Memphis is a well-coached well-built team, the evidence of that is they don't depend on Ja to win, they are fully capable of winning without him.

nineiron
03-01-2022, 06:35 PM
Memphis doesn't have a clear cut #2 star, they excel in transition, they have multiple players who can initiate a fast break and finish the break. They have Dillon Brooks and JJJ who at times can carry the team on either side of the ball. Memphis is a well-coached well-built team, the evidence of that is they don't depend on Ja to win, they are fully capable of winning without him.

Yeah not like the Lakers who depend on AD to win

2much_knowledge
03-01-2022, 07:18 PM

Bingo

NBAGOAT
03-01-2022, 07:28 PM
memphis doesnt need a clear 2nd star because they have 2 guys who are pretty good in jaren and bane. Both have been better than say wiggins who was an all star. Pretty much everyone in their rotation besides their rookie is very good. Their top 8 guys all have positive epm, 7 above 1.5 which is the 83rd percentile(means they're in the top 17% of the league). as good as ja has been, he's not on jokic or luka's level or even bron's.

The lakers rotation guys are comically bad, 3 guys are positive by epm on that team, bron ad and melo. Monk and Dwight are the only other guys on that team who are even above the 50 percentile. Doesnt mean bron is as good as jokic or luka but there's some context.

Dallas doesnt have a 2nd star now but porzingis was decent this year when he was there. On the flip side their depth is ok have like 6-7 guys who can play in playoff games and arent negatives. Dallas is good because of their defense you cant give luka that much credit for that so I'm not putting him in the MVP race.

Denver's starters are competent and aaron gordon is pretty good but their bench was one of the worst in the league for most of the year. all you need to know is cousins and bryn forbes saved them. Jokic has carried them hard and should be top 2 in the MVP voting at least