PDA

View Full Version : Doncic guards Lebron, Lebron can't guard Doncic (VIDEO)

LeCola
03-02-2022, 04:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIUFyvZsSQA&ab_channel=Greg%27scourt

Akeem34TheDream
03-02-2022, 07:32 AM
I don't think it is controversial to say Doncic has surpassed Lebron.

Full Court
03-02-2022, 07:57 AM

Shouldn't be controversial at all. It's blatantly obvious.

RogueBorg
03-02-2022, 10:18 AM

That white boy pulled the chair out from under Lebron LOL...and Luka can't play defense. It's only getting better folks.

Johnny32
03-02-2022, 10:23 AM
literally watched 10 seconds of that video and dallas doubled lebron in the post with luka on him lol.

hurrr, TeAmS aRe LeTtInG lEbRoN gEt HiS, durrr.

nineiron
03-02-2022, 10:47 AM

surpassed? he was always better than lebron

nineiron
03-02-2022, 10:48 AM
also, lebron fouled Luka at least 3 or 4 times and nothing was called. should have been And1's

ShawkFactory
03-02-2022, 11:09 AM
At least Lebron guarded Luka for large stretches. You losers would be all over it if he didn't take the assignment.

Luka is clearly better at this juncture. Not a shameful thing.

theman93
03-02-2022, 11:09 AM
I was told Lebron is still an elite defender in spurts?

:roll:

Johnny32
03-02-2022, 11:11 AM
At least Lebron guarded Luka for large stretches. You losers would be all over it if he didn't take the assignment.

the guy averaging 27 ppg on 44% chucking isn't better than the guy averaging 29 ppg on 52% in any universe.

nineiron
03-02-2022, 11:26 AM

kind of shameful since Luka's barely top 10 in the league.

but you're right, Luka is CLEARLY better. which puts LeRoid somewhere in the top50

Airupthere
03-02-2022, 11:27 AM
Great game by luka. Owned lebron and won too.

ShawkFactory
03-02-2022, 11:51 AM

but you're right, Luka is CLEARLY better. which puts LeRoid somewhere in the top50

Luka is very clearly a top 10 player in the league.

But even if it was "barely" or whatever, not being a top 10 player anymore in your 19th season isn't shameful.

nineiron
03-02-2022, 12:28 PM

But even if it was "barely" or whatever, not being a top 10 player anymore in your 19th season isn't shameful.

it is when you and your stans have stated you're "playing the best bball of your life"

so this is the best version of LeBron. only now he's being exposed for what he really is.

Shogon
03-02-2022, 12:30 PM

Yeah I'm not exactly sure how people think they proved something or did something by shitting on an old man in basketball terms.

It's like people shitting on Kobe when he was in his last couple of years... yes, people get old. We know. Thanks for that helpful bit of information.

lol.

Idiots everywhere bruh.

ArbitraryWater
03-02-2022, 12:41 PM
it is when you and your stans have stated you're "playing the best bball of your life"

so this is the best version of LeBron. only now he's being exposed for what he really is.

Are you retarded by chance?

Charlie Sheen
03-02-2022, 12:56 PM
Yeah I'm not exactly sure how people think they proved something or did something by shitting on an old man in basketball terms.

It's like people shitting on Kobe when he was in his last couple of years... yes, people get old. We know. Thanks for that helpful bit of information.

lol.

Idiots everywhere bruh.

Doesn't even matter he's an old man. Clippers threw Batum, PG and Kawhi at Luka in 2 playoff series and none of those guys had any better success keeping Luka in front of them. That's what Luka does to defenders. He is a superstar for a reason.

Shogon
03-02-2022, 01:02 PM
Doesn't even matter he's an old man. Clippers threw Batum, PG and Kawhi at Luka in 2 playoff series and none of those guys had any better success keeping Luka in front of them. That's what Luka does to defenders. He is a superstar for a reason.

My point was about people shitting on LeBron as he's in the twilight of his career. I couldn't care less about whether or not LeBron could guard Doncic even if LeBron was still at his peak.

I am simply taking issue with people thinking they're proving something about shit talking an old man.

Guess what? Bill Russell would be the worst player in the NBA right now if he were on a roster. And?

nineiron
03-02-2022, 01:04 PM
My point was about people shitting on LeBron as he's in the twilight of his career. I couldn't care less about whether or not LeBron could guard Doncic even if LeBron was still at his peak.

I am simply taking issue with people thinking they're proving something about shit talking an old man.

Guess what? Bill Russell would be the worst player in the NBA right now if he were on a roster. And?

lmfao

i love how you bran stans always change the narrative

it went from "he spend $1M a year on his body" to "he's an old man" in a matter of weeks.

ShawkFactory
03-02-2022, 01:07 PM

Seems like a you problem for falling for the trolling.

3ba11
03-02-2022, 01:08 PM

Notice how Doncic takes off-the-cuff, contested jumpers, while Lebron only takes open jumpers - mostly lullaby jumpers when the defender relaxes for a second.

So Lebron is expending the team's offense to get that lullaby, while Doncic's ability to shoot off-the-cuff doesn't make teammates stand around as much.

So Lebron is a weak scorer because the team must employ a losing, beginner format where he uses up the team's offense to score

Shogon
03-02-2022, 01:15 PM
lmfao

i love how you bran stans always change the narrative

it went from "he spend $1M a year on his body" to "he's an old man" in a matter of weeks.

First of all, stop attributing every single statement or argument you see come out of someone's fingers/mouth to other people that you didn't necessarily see it come out of. And I'm not a LeBron stan. I'm a truth teller. Just because I don't bash LeBron ceaselessly like your stupid ass does doesn't mean that I'm a "LeBron stan" you absolute nitwit.

Secondly, yes, LeBron is an old man. It's also true that he's incredible for his age and he does take care of his body.

Thirdly, he is a shell of his former self.

He is in the twilight of his career. Shit talking whatever he's doing now is just an absolute brain dead way to go about things.

Charlie Sheen
03-02-2022, 01:17 PM

I try not to get sucked into the war against Lebron. It's exhausting as a Lakers fan.

I agreed with your point and extended credit to Doncic for being that damn good.

nineiron
03-02-2022, 01:17 PM
First of all, stop attributing every single statement or argument you see come out of someone's fingers/mouth to other people that you didn't necessarily see it come out of. And I'm not a LeBron stan. I'm a truth teller. Just because I don't bash LeBron ceaselessly like your stupid ass does doesn't mean that I'm a "LeBron stan" you absolute nitwit.

Secondly, yes, LeBron is an old man. It's also true that he's incredible for his age and he does take care of his body.

Thirdly, he is a shell of his former self.

He is in the twilight of his career. Shit talking whatever he's doing now is just an absolute brain dead way to go about things.

pretty much any player in the NBA can put up his numbers if they're just taking uncontested shots and playing little to no D

Shogon
03-02-2022, 01:18 PM
pretty much any player in the NBA can put up his numbers if they're just taking uncontested shots and playing little to no D

1) No.

2) Especially not at that age, no.

3ba11
03-02-2022, 01:25 PM
1) No.

2) Especially not at that age, no.

Anyone could do it but no team would let an old player run the team's offense into the ground like that - the Lakers have the worst offense in the league.. Only LeFraud gets to stat pad his way to lottery and have everyone else get blamed - guys like Iverson were bad for doing it

Shogon
03-02-2022, 01:26 PM
Anyone could do it but no team would let an old player run the team's offense into the ground like that - the Lakers have the worst offense in the league

No, not anyone could. That's a bullshit exaggeration about a player you don't like. Shut the **** up *****.

3ba11
03-02-2022, 01:28 PM
No, not anyone could. That's a bullshit exaggeration about a player you don't like. Shut the **** up *****.

Lots of guys could do it.. Only LeFraud gets to stat pad his way to lottery and have everyone else get blamed - guys like Iverson were bad for doing it

Shogon
03-02-2022, 01:37 PM
Lots of guys could do it.. Only LeFraud gets to stat pad his way to lottery and have everyone else get blamed - guys like Iverson were bad for doing it

First it was "anyone could do it" and now it's "lots of guys could do it" and pretty soon if you're being honest it'll be "hardly anyone could do it."

Ok, and that's the point?

No ****ing way Allen Iverson could do it.

Most stars are out of the league before season 19 and LeBron's age. And if they're not out of the league they're very damn close.

LeBron at his current rate of decline could last another 5+ years in the league. It is true he would be no where near what he once was, but at his rate of decline? Yes, another 5 years if he wanted to.

Most ex stars are forced out of the league against their will.

The day LeBron retires it will be because he wants to retire, barring some type of career ending injury.

MJ could have easily done what LeBron is doing but that might be about it.

3ba11
03-02-2022, 01:49 PM
First it was "anyone could do it" and now it's "lots of guys could do it" and pretty soon if you're being honest it'll be "hardly anyone could do it."

Ok, and that's the point?

No ****ing way Allen Iverson could do it.

Most stars are out of the league before season 19 and LeBron's age. And if they're not out of the league they're very damn close.

LeBron at his current rate of decline could last another 5+ years in the league. It is true he would be no where near what he once was, but at his rate of decline? Yes, another 5 years if he wanted to.

Most ex stars are forced out of the league against their will.

The day LeBron retires it will be because he wants to retire, barring some type of career ending injury.

MJ could have easily done what LeBron is doing but that might be about it.

Year 19 is impressive and so is 29 ppg

You're right... Not "everyone" could do it.

My point was that tons and tons of guys have stat-padded and employed a garbage offense to get points.. It isn't a high level of basketball, even if it's impressive for Year 19

FultzNationRISE
03-02-2022, 01:50 PM
Notice how Doncic takes off-the-cuff, contested jumpers, while Lebron only takes open jumpers - mostly lullaby jumpers when the defender relaxes for a second.

So Lebron is expending the team's offense to get that lullaby, while Doncic's ability to shoot off-the-cuff doesn't make teammates stand around as much.

So Lebron is a weak scorer because the team must employ a losing, beginner format where he uses up the team's offense to score

This is because for better or worse, Lebron is stubborn and a perfectionist.

Lebron plays the RIGHT way, which is team basketball. The problem is, when you have shit teammates... it doesnt work. It's no good playing team ball if you have the worse team.

If two GOOD teams are playing, the one that plays team ball will always win out over an iso scorer.

Lebron and Luka both have weakish (altho not terrible) supporting casts. Luka is taking a practical approach and carrying an extra load to get short-term wins, Lebron is stubbornly trying to play the CORRECT way because he feels self conscious about playing a stupid brand of basketball. He's not a stupid player and he doesnt want people to think he's a stupid player. Also, by getting his inferior teammates involved and essentially exposing their weakness, it makes it clear for the front office and whole world to see that he HAS inferior teammates, and maybe it's the front office's job to do something about that.

I mean Lebron is doing HIS job, he's doing what he's SUPPOSED to do, which is play smart, high level team basketball. That's really what every NBA player SHOULD be doing. The people around him are failing, and he's choosing not to overcompensate their inadequacy by compromising his integrity.

It's a fascinating dynamic.

3ba11
03-02-2022, 01:56 PM
This is because for better or worse, Lebron is stubborn and a perfectionist.

Lebron plays the RIGHT way, which is team basketball. The problem is, when you have shit teammates... it doesnt work. It's no good playing team ball if you have the worse team.

If two GOOD teams are playing, the one that plays team ball will always win out over an iso scorer.

Lebron and Luka both have weakish (altho not terrible) supporting casts. Luka is taking a practical approach and carrying an extra load to get short-term wins, Lebron is stubbornly trying to play the CORRECT way because he feels self conscious about playing a stupid brand of basketball. He's not a stupid player and he doesnt want people to think he's a stupid player. Also, by getting his inferior teammates involved and essentially exposing their weakness, it makes it clear for the front office and whole world to see that he HAS inferior teammates, and maybe it's the front office's job to do something about that.

I mean Lebron is doing HIS job, he's doing what he's SUPPOSED to do, which is play smart, high level team basketball. That's really what every NBA player SHOULD be doing. The people around him are failing, and he's choosing not to overcompensate their inadequacy by compromising his integrity.

It's a fascinating dynamic.

Waiting for lullaby jumpers ruins the team's offense - the Lakers have the worst offense in the league, so Lebron is scoring suboptimally

Luka doesn't have to wait for open jumpers, so he can score in the flow, which means teammates aren't marginalized as much and the team has superior offense despite less offensive help than Lebron had.. the team offense stats confirm Lebron's selfish, suboptimal style

FultzNationRISE
03-02-2022, 02:03 PM
Waiting for lullaby jumpers ruins the team's offense - the Lakers have the worst offense in the league, so Lebron is scoring suboptimally

Luka doesn't have to wait for open jumpers, so he can score in the flow, which means teammates aren't marginalized as much and the team has superior offense despite less offensive help than Lebron had.. the team offense stats confirm Lebron's selfish, suboptimal style

Lebron could score 50 a game if he chose to.

All he needs is a ball.

Phoenix
03-02-2022, 02:39 PM

Meanwhile this was what you said two days ago:

being a 28/8/8 player with a low assisted rate like Luka, Lebron, or Westbrook means you can only play 1 way - ball-dominance - hence those guys often get demolished (even with super-teams) and can't achieve the best brand of ball in the league, as required to win organically..

So on Feb 28th, Luka's team can only play one way, hence gets demolished and plays an inferior brand. And today, March 2nd, his team isn't marginalized and has superior offense( an organic superior brand to adhere to your vernacular). This is 'Giannis is a Pippen level bum....( a month later after winning the title).....no wait Giannis is a top ten GOAT.'.... shit. I mean you didn't even wait a week to flipflop your Luka takes.

Phoenix
03-02-2022, 02:46 PM

He's comfortably top ten. Now where you want to place him within that 10 is debatable of course, but I can't see there being much debate as to whether he is or isn't ( which 'barely' kinda infers).

Spurs m8
03-02-2022, 03:06 PM
3ball burying them 6ft AGAIN

kawhileonard2
03-02-2022, 10:03 PM

Luka destroys Lebron.