PDA

View Full Version : Will the same thing that stopped Curry from being face of league stop Ja Morant ?

3ba11
03-02-2022, 06:25 PM
People ask whether Ja will be the face of the league - the answer is no because one of his peers will probably forms super-teams like Lebron did to Curry, Duncan and even KD in 12' - Lebron's super-team cheating stopped the honest, organic path of those guys and reduced their all-time ranking/accolades from what they would've been.

This matters because learning the best brand and chemistry in the league is required of all organic winners, so Lebron never learned superior brand (how to win) and only learned talent-based winning (team-hopping.. all-star team strategy)..

Hopefully Luka won't follow this path and can wrestle the league face crown away from Ja organically (developing superior way to play/brand of ball)

fourkicks44
03-02-2022, 06:36 PM
aka will another star like LeLuka form super-teams and unfairly steal his natural path to greatness?

Curry would've won 4 in a row ORGANICALLY from 15-18' but his main competition was stacking the deck and unfairly stole his shine - Curry could've swept the Hawks in 15' and then DeRozan thereafter but Lebron's super-teams and preseason favorites from 11-16' interrupted Curry's natural path to greatness.

This matters because learning the best brand and chemistry in the league is required of all organic winners, so Lebron never learned superior brand (how to win) and only learned talent-based winning (team-hopping.. all-star team strategy)..

Hopefully Luka won't follow this path and can wrestle the league face crown away from Ja organically (developing superior way to play/brand of ball)

Legitimately nobody knows wtf you are talking about anymore.

SouBeachTalents
03-02-2022, 06:57 PM
:roll:

sdot_thadon
03-02-2022, 07:12 PM

One hitter quitter. Pow.

3ba11
03-02-2022, 07:17 PM

People ask whether Ja will be the face of the league - the answer is no because one of his peers will probably forms super-teams like Lebron did to Curry, Duncan and even KD in 12' - Lebron's super-team cheating stopped the honest, organic path of those guys and reduced their all-time ranking/accolades from what they would've been.. Btw, I changed the OP so it's easier to read

Phoenix
03-02-2022, 07:20 PM
Luka doesn't have to wait for open jumpers, so he can score in the flow, which means teammates aren't marginalized as much and the team has superior offense despite less offensive help than Lebron had.. the team offense stats confirm Lebron's selfish, suboptimal style

OP just said 6 hours ago that Luka already has a superior brand. I have to second post #2.

3ba11
03-02-2022, 07:24 PM
OP just said 6 hours ago that Luka already has a superior brand. I have to second post #2.

That doesn't mean Luka or another star like him won't seek a shortcut and form super-teams - Lebron set the team-hopping precedent (his legacy) so now anyone might do it and reduce everyone else's natural path - reduce their accolades from what they would've been

Imagine what Curry would've been if Lebron never formed super-teams - Curry would've been the bonafide face of the league and top 10 lock with 4 straight titles .. organically

SouBeachTalents
03-02-2022, 07:24 PM
Give it another 6 hours Luka will make his top 10

kabacho
03-02-2022, 07:25 PM
People ask whether Ja will be the face of the league - the answer is no because one of his peers will probably forms super-teams like Lebron did to Curry, Duncan and even KD in 12' - Lebron's super-team cheating stopped the honest, organic path of those guys and reduced their all-time ranking/accolades from what they would've been.

So Luka is getting more help?

hateraid
03-02-2022, 07:28 PM
Get a job OP

Phoenix
03-02-2022, 07:29 PM
That doesn't mean Luka or another star like him won't seek a shortcut and form super-teams - Lebron set the team-hopping precedent (his legacy) so now anyone might do it and reduce everyone else's natural path - reduce their accolades from what they would've been

It doesn't mean Ja won't either. We have absolutely no idea what a pair of 22 years olds 3-4 years into their career will do.

Spurs m8
03-02-2022, 07:30 PM
Hopefully these new era of players actually have some integrity and self respect...and most of all, enjoy real competition and the real rings that come with it.

We need to leave this weak, b1tchmade era in the past...its pathetic for sport

Phoenix
03-02-2022, 07:30 PM
Give it another 6 hours Luka will make his top 10

That's generous, I'm thinking 2 max.

3ba11
03-02-2022, 07:31 PM
So Luka is getting more help?

Yes, but supporting talent is irrelevant

because Luka must develop the best brand of ball in the league to win organically, just like all organic winners.. Dirk had finally perfected the best chemistry when he won in 2011, while the 04' Pistons won with superior chemistry - the Spurs, Warriors or 90's Bulls developed the best brand of ball in the league.

Hopefully Luka will follow this path and can achieve the top spot away from Ja organically (developing superior way to play/brand of ball)

NBAGOAT
03-02-2022, 07:31 PM
why wouldnt ja specially want to form a superteam while his peers would? I dont get it. Why wouldnt memphis' front office trade for a superstar if one became available.

Spurs m8
03-02-2022, 07:33 PM
Imagine Luka just went and teamed up with Jokic and KD...Bron style

Phoenix
03-02-2022, 07:36 PM
why wouldnt ja specially want to form a superteam while his peers would? I dont get it. Why wouldnt memphis' front office trade for a superstar if one became available.

Lol exactly, I literally just said the same thing. Ja is still on his rookie contract, 3 years in. Who the fukk knows what he's going to do going forward? I'm actually more inclined to think Luka ends up a career Maverick ala Dirk and Ja moves onto a bigger stage, if I had to make a prediction.

3ba11
03-02-2022, 07:38 PM

Of course they would

But there's a difference between acquiring a star, and acquiring two 1st option perennial all-stars to play 2nd and 3rd option (super-team)

In 2011, Lebron asked the league "who has the highest PER aside from me?"... And he teamed up with that guy - Wade was #2 in everything (PER, BPM, VORP, WS/48).. that's like Kobe teaming up with Tmac or Magic with Bird, aka UNPRECEDENTED.

Hopefully Luka or another star won't pull some mickey mouse shit like that to stack the deck

Phoenix
03-02-2022, 07:38 PM
Hopefully Luka will follow this path and can achieve the top spot away from Ja organically (developing superior way to play/brand of ball)

Ja would have to first have the top spot in order for Luka to achieve it from him, ya?

What the literal fukk are you on about?

Phoenix
03-02-2022, 07:39 PM
Hopefully Luka won't pull some mickey mouse shit like that to stack the deck

And hopefully Ja won't either? :confusedshrug: Why are you acting like Luka is any more or less inclined than Ja to create a super team?

NBAGOAT
03-02-2022, 07:40 PM
Imagine Luka just went and teamed up with Jokic and KD...Bron style

if dallas or denver disappoint the next few years, yes you better watch out for a luka/jokic pairing lol. Most teams wouldnt trade for porzingis while their young star was still on a rookie contract and dallas desperately wanted giannis last offseason. Denver is going spend a large luxury tax bill because of their top 4 guys(114 mil on jokic, murray, porter, gordon). They know they have to do whatever they can to give jokic a contending team and keep him happy.

3ba11
03-02-2022, 07:42 PM
if dallas or denver disappoint the next few years, yes you better watch out for a luka/jokic pairing lol. Most teams wouldnt trade for porzingis while their young star was still on a rookie contract and dallas desperately wanted giannis last offseason. Denver is going spend a large luxury tax bill because of their top 4 guys(114 mil on jokic, murray, porter, gordon). They know they have to do whatever they can to give jokic a contending team and keep him happy.

Acquiring a single star isn't that bad really, even the pairing with AD.. although AD doesn't get enough credit for making Lebron the lower-scoring Pippen

NBAGOAT
03-02-2022, 07:44 PM
Of course they would

But there's a difference between acquiring a star, and acquiring two 1st option perennial all-stars to play 2nd and 3rd option (super-team)

In 2011, Lebron asked the league "who has the highest PER aside from me?"... And he teamed up with that guy - Wade was #2 in everything (PER, BPM, VORP, WS/48).. that's like Kobe teaming up with Tmac or Magic with Bird, aka UNPRECEDENTED.

Hopefully Luka or another star won't pull some mickey mouse shit like that to stack the deck

well wilt teamed with west, kareem and oscar, moses paired up with dr.j and magic with kareem. Superstar pairings are not unprecedented. Neither are teams with 3 perennial all stars, lakers and celtics in the 80s.

Also I didnt say star like some average all star, I said superstar. if KD or Kawhi were available, ofc memphis would considering trading for them. It be stupid not too

NBAGOAT
03-02-2022, 07:47 PM
Acquiring a single star isn't that bad really, even the pairing with AD.. although AD doesn't get enough credit for making Lebron the lower-scoring Pippen

ah so now the lebron/ad lakers arent a superteam when you cant afford to contradict yourself :lol.

Phoenix
03-02-2022, 07:49 PM
The question as to why Ja himself doesn't go out and create a 'super team' remains.

Thenameless
03-02-2022, 08:02 PM
And hopefully Ja won't either? :confusedshrug: Why are you acting like Luka is any more or less inclined than Ja to create a super team?

Might have to do with team history? Mark Cuban was able to keep Dirk Nowitzki happy enough to play out his entire career in Dallas. He's likely to try to do the same with Luka.

NBAGOAT
03-02-2022, 08:05 PM
Might have to do with team history? Mark Cuban was able to keep Dirk Nowitzki happy enough to play out his entire career in Dallas. He's likely to try to do the same with Luka.

cubans not great at running a team however. giving up nash was a mistake even though dallas still had a fine roster after that. Porzingis was a disaster. dallas also never attracts free agents

Phoenix
03-02-2022, 08:07 PM

That's my point( which I also said in post #17). It wouldn't surprise me if Luka ends up a career Maverick, and Ja ends up leaving Memphis for the brighter lights of a major market( imagine him on the Lakers or something like that in a few years). 3ball's premise is he 'hopes' Luka doesn't go form a superteam while acting like Ja is somehow beyond doing the same. We have no idea how either's career will go, so the entire premise of the thread is pointless ( but considering the topic creator, very much on-brand).