PDA

View Full Version : Donovan Mitchell is lowkey becoming an MVP candidate

RRR3
03-03-2022, 12:14 PM
He’s averaging 26.1/4.1/5.3/1.7 and he’s doing it efficiently (58.2 TS%). His impact stats are terrific: #6 in EPM, #10 in RPM, #13 in RAPTOR, #12 in RAPTOR WAR. The Jazz are 34-15 when he plays and 5-7 when he doesn’t.

beasted
03-03-2022, 12:26 PM
Likely won't get many 2nd or 3rd place MVP votes, but is definitely worth considering.

He's surely considered a Superstar. Hope they get him some scoring help soon and don't run him off like tons of other small market teams.

Real Men Wear Green
03-03-2022, 12:32 PM
Likely won't get many 2nd or 3rd place MVP votes, but is definitely worth considering. Not really. To be worth considering he would have to be on part with Embiid and Jokic. His stats are on the level of Jayson Tatum. Great player but you don't have to think long about it too rule him out of the MVP talk.

Shogon
03-03-2022, 12:35 PM
The fact that even ANYONE is talking about Mitchell, Derozan and Booker as the MVP of the league is just an absolute travesty.

The MVP is a ****ing joke and means less than ever.

What a shitty award.

It's so ****ing dogshit.

Absolute shit award.

Shit shit shit. lol.

FultzNationRISE
03-03-2022, 12:43 PM
When I've watched him play I always feel like he's a little bit out of control. Obviously he's very good at scoring the basketball, but he definitely has some tunnel vision. He seems like a good guy, but I think he's not a naturally comfortable decision maker, and likes to kind of just stick with what he knows and does best. It can feel like him and his teammates are playing separate games simultaneously. I don't think he does it for ego purposes (a la MJ) but just because he's not super comfortable with how to get guys involved.

Jazz are obviously much better off with him than without, but I don't see him quite being a guy you'd wanna rely on to lead a team over the course of a playoffs.

FultzNationRISE
03-03-2022, 12:43 PM
The fact that even ANYONE is talking about Mitchell, Derozan and Booker as the MVP of the league is just an absolute travesty.

What a shitty award.

It's so ****ing dogshit.

Absolute shit award.

Shit shit shit. lol.

They're not gonna win, it's just a conversation starter and giving some guys credit for having nice season.

Relax...

Shogon
03-03-2022, 12:46 PM
They're not gonna win, it's just a conversation starter and giving some guys credit for having nice season.

Relax...

NO

FultzNationRISE
03-03-2022, 12:50 PM
NO

https://www.compliancesigns.com/media/catalog/product/p/a/parking-directions-information-sign-pke-22345_1000.gif

NOW.

beasted
03-03-2022, 12:51 PM
Not really. To be worth considering he would have to be on part with Embiid and Jokic. His stats are on the level of Jayson Tatum. Great player but you don't have to think long about it too rule him out of the MVP talk.

He's carried the number 1-2 offense. The Jazz don't have anyone else you need to consistently double or trap.

But you're probably right. Even though MVP is regularly heavily weighted on winning records, out of the top teams I feel Mitchell is more deserving of votes than Curry or Booker, but not Morant. He would probably soak up all the "winner" votes for 3rd place.

Most votes 1st 2nd and 3rd likely go to Jokic, Embiid, and Luka.

Shogon
03-03-2022, 12:53 PM
https://www.compliancesigns.com/media/catalog/product/p/a/parking-directions-information-sign-pke-22345_1000.gif

NOW.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/mobile/000/000/266/no_u_for_knowyourmeme.jpg

FultzNationRISE
03-03-2022, 12:54 PM
^ Reported.

Xiao Yao You
03-03-2022, 03:29 PM
The 2nd best player on his team is an MVP. ****in'trolls 😭

RRR3
03-03-2022, 03:36 PM

What a shitty award.

It's so ****ing dogshit.

Absolute shit award.

Shit shit shit. lol.
I said he’s becoming a candidate, I didn’t say he’s in contention to win. But at the rate he’s developing (25 has been improving yearly) he could be a good pick to win MVP next year. Make sense?

Shogon
03-03-2022, 04:22 PM
I said he’s becoming a candidate, I didn’t say he’s in contention to win. But at the rate he’s developing (25 has been improving yearly) he could be a good pick to win MVP next year. Make sense?

I refuse to even consider someone for the most prestigious individual award in the sport when they're not even a top 10 player in the league.

No.

The fact that you think he should even be in the discussion be that now or in the future says everything anyone needs to know about the award itself... it's an absolute dog shit award.

I mean... I just want you to say these words out loud...

Donovan Mitchell is more valuable than Nikola Jokic.
Donovan Mitchell is more valuable than Joel Embiid.
Donovan Mitchell is more valuable than Stephen Curry.
Donovan Mitchell is more valuable than Kevin Durant.
Donovan Mitchell is more valuable than Giannis.

Riiiiiiiiiiight... and Ivanka Trump is about to start bouncing up and down on my lap any minute now.

RRR3
03-03-2022, 04:48 PM
Fine I should have titled it “Mitchell is getting close to MVP level”. Happy? He’s a good candidate for MVP next year if he continues his growth.

GOATKawhi_2
03-03-2022, 06:19 PM
Not quite but 3rd team all nba selection for sure

AirBonner
03-03-2022, 06:37 PM
Tatum is better across the board by every metric and he’s not even mentioned. To top it all off Tatum is anchoring a better defense than Toody

NBAGOAT
03-03-2022, 07:25 PM
Tatum is better across the board by every metric and he’s not even mentioned. To top it all off Tatum is anchoring a better defense than Toody

well no tatum is not better across every metric. Also you can argue williams, smart, horford all matter more for boston's defense

Xiao Yao You
03-03-2022, 08:22 PM
I refuse to even consider someone for the most prestigious individual award in the sport when they're not even a top 10 player in the league.

No.

The fact that you think he should even be in the discussion be that now or in the future says everything anyone needs to know about the award itself... it's an absolute dog shit award.

I mean... I just want you to say these words out loud...

Donovan Mitchell is more valuable than Nikola Jokic.
Donovan Mitchell is more valuable than Joel Embiid.
Donovan Mitchell is more valuable than Stephen Curry.
Donovan Mitchell is more valuable than Kevin Durant.
Donovan Mitchell is more valuable than Giannis.

Riiiiiiiiiiight... and Ivanka Trump is about to start bouncing up and down on my lap any minute now.

Mitchell is more valuable than Gobert 🤣

Manny98
03-03-2022, 08:48 PM

He is especially in the playoffs, numbers back it up

Xiao Yao You
03-03-2022, 08:58 PM
He is especially in the playoffs, numbers back it up

There would be no playoffs without Gobert so the point is moot

RRR3
03-04-2022, 12:13 AM
Tatum is not better than Mitchell this year.

GrayGoat
03-04-2022, 12:57 AM
Tatum is not better than Mitchell this year.

Ja Morant is a terrible defender

RRR3
03-04-2022, 01:36 AM
Ja Morant is a terrible defender
I have heard this, yeah. But what’s the relevance?

ImKobe
03-04-2022, 01:47 AM
Mitchell has been playing really well these past 20 games but there's at least 5 players who have been better in this same stretch & Mitchell doesn't give you much on defense other than the steals so it's stupid to even compare him to Tatum, who can do everything offensively and is 6-7 inches taller and who should be 1st Team All-Defense this season.

Axe
03-04-2022, 02:35 AM
Mitchell is not as good as his teammate in terms of being a pivotal role player.

Chuckbe
03-04-2022, 10:57 PM
MVP Mitchell 5-18 losing by 30 against the Pelicans

:roll:

Proctor
03-04-2022, 11:10 PM

And Whiteside exceeding Gobert's production in 10 less minutes

Mitchell is certainly MVP of that team

Xiao Yao You
03-04-2022, 11:27 PM

Clarkson and Mitchell too much to overcome. Just killed them all night again. Get Gobert some help! :(

GimmeThat
03-05-2022, 12:11 AM
the Jazz are pretty much screwed.

the Pelicans forced them into playing the 2-1-2 and 1-2-2 instead of the 2-3 and 3-2 they are comfortable with by attacking the weak side, all of a sudden they can't cover the shooters because they can't rebound as a team. this is all caused by Gobert and Whiteside's inability to move the ball on offense, shooters can't cut to the basket without the ball because your big doesn't know how to set screens outside the pick n roll. Can Gobert and Whiteside box out? absolutely. only it's near the first thing they do every time they go down the floor because they lack the awareness to be involved in plays THEN box out when the play has actually been executed. it's killing the Jazz because they doesn't just make them small, it makes them dumb.

even if they were to go big and move O'Neal off to the bench, the Jazz will still have an extremely difficult time dealing with the box & one double because teams rather have them taking the 2's over the 3's. since those 2's will still be jumpers.

Manny98
03-07-2022, 02:39 PM
https://youtu.be/C3ELxH69OSg

Xiao Yao You
03-07-2022, 03:57 PM
Won another despite Mitchell and clarkson sucking yet again. Cotm!

Manny98
03-07-2022, 04:42 PM
Mitchell put up 24 and 10 assists off 58% TS last night with only 2 turnovers

If that is considered "sucking" for Mitchell then he's the best player in the league

NBAGOAT
03-07-2022, 07:35 PM

Yea Bojan carried them lol.

Xiao Yao You
03-07-2022, 08:11 PM
Yea Bojan carried them lol.

holding OKC to 45 points in the first half was the game

RRR3
03-08-2022, 04:30 AM
Mitchell put up 24 and 10 assists off 58% TS last night with only 2 turnovers

If that is considered "sucking" for Mitchell then he's the best player in the league
:roll: Xiao is so ****ing stupid :roll:

iamgine
03-08-2022, 04:57 AM
He's not even in my top 15 best player in the league

Xiao Yao You
03-08-2022, 11:13 AM
He's not even in my top 15 best player in the league

Only trolls would have him in top 15