PDA

View Full Version : How bad is it being a Knicks fan right now?

GrayGoat
03-05-2022, 07:12 PM
Randle Fournier Kemba core :biggums::biggums: where do you see this team going?

Baller789
03-05-2022, 10:57 PM
When was the last time it was good to be a Knicks fan?

imdaman99
03-06-2022, 03:08 AM
Build around the youth they already have and get rid of players like Randle and Kemba. They have needed a point guard for forever and they bring on Kemba... :biggums:
I'm not saying they have a lot of young talent but I'm good with RJ, Mitchell Robinson, Quick, Obi, Grimes, Reddish, Sims, McBride and whichever Kentucky kid they draft assuming he has talent. Thibs ain't the coach, bring on someone like Kenny Atkinson.

Baller789
03-06-2022, 11:09 AM
Dolan and co. Are just incompetent.
When was the last time they attracted a level A free agent in his prime?

Real Men Wear Green
03-06-2022, 11:47 AM
Knicks have been struggling for decades but OP is misleading a bit. Walker isn't part of Knicks core at all. Fournier does play for them but they would most likely trade him for a second round pick and cap space. Knicks don't really have a core but if you want to insist on giving some of their players that title it would be Barrett, some of the other young guys and Randle (he's their best player, relationship with the fans seems bad but the Knicks gave him a big deal). Reality though, there isn't a "core." Some of their players may be around long term but there's no one they wouldn't trade for a high pick or star.

Real Men Wear Green
03-06-2022, 11:51 AM
Dolan and co. Are just incompetent.
When was the last time they attracted a level A free agent in his prime?

That would have been Melo if they didn't do the trade. Dolan is terrible but the thing is New York is still New York. If they weren't so awful at their jobs they could be the historically great franchise people act like they are even though they aren't.

Baller789
03-06-2022, 12:02 PM
That would have been Melo if they didn't do the trade. Dolan is terrible but the thing is New York is still New York. If they weren't so awful at their jobs they could be the historically great franchise people act like they are even though they aren't.

I wouldn't even call prime Melo an A level talent tbh, he's overrated. A level for me is LBJ, Kobe, Duncan, KD etc.

NY is still NY, but that hasn't translated to anything but mediocrity. Which is a shame.

beasted
03-06-2022, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't even call prime Melo an A level talent tbh, he's overrated. A level for me is LBJ, Kobe, Duncan, KD etc.

NY is still NY, but that hasn't translated to anything but mediocrity. Which is a shame.

Carmelo was surely an A-level talent.

Anyone who can get a max contract from any team they so choose is A-level. That's basically anyone in the top 10.

To say teams that didn't get a top 3 player are somehow underachieving is absurd.

Baller789
03-06-2022, 01:09 PM
Carmelo was surely an A-level talent.

Anyone who can get a max contract from any team they so choose is A-level. That's basically anyone in the top 10.

To say teams that didn't get a top 3 player are somehow underachieving is absurd.
Or he could be overrated.

beasted
03-06-2022, 02:22 PM
Or he could be overrated.

In what way?

Is he a perfect player or a guy I'd personally try and build a contender around? No.

Is he a guy who in his prime basically guarantees a playoff spot, fills the arena, sells a ton of merchandise, gets the team a bunch of Primetime games on network TV? Certainly. That's why he has to be A level.

Every single season that doesn't result in a championship isn't a failure. Isn't that what you Bran fam members have been telling us?

Real Men Wear Green
03-06-2022, 02:36 PM

Regardless of your personal opinion in his prime he was a lock for the all-star game and every team in the league with max cap space would offer it to him. No exceptions. So no matter what you think his true value was the fact is he could go anywhere and be welcome.

Baller789
03-06-2022, 06:41 PM
In what way?

Is he a perfect player or a guy I'd personally try and build a contender around? No.

Is he a guy who in his prime basically guarantees a playoff spot, fills the arena, sells a ton of merchandise, gets the team a bunch of Primetime games on network TV? Certainly. That's why he has to be A level.

Every single season that doesn't result in a championship isn't a failure. Isn't that what you Bran fam members have been telling us?
Are you a Knicks fan?

Baller789
03-06-2022, 10:30 PM
Regardless of your personal opinion in his prime he was a lock for the all-star game and every team in the league with max cap space would offer it to him. No exceptions. So no matter what you think his true value was the fact is he could go anywhere and be welcome.

Sure. But it doesn't disprove the fact that he was overrated. But it doesn't also mean he's not elite. Just not that elite.

If you remember his time with New York, the hypejob on his scoring prowess was over the top.

Maybe we just have different ways of classifying player levels. It's all good.

Jay-B
03-06-2022, 10:35 PM
I don’t understand the Knicks regression from last year being the 4th seed, I guess I can say the same thing about the hawks too

insight
03-06-2022, 10:52 PM
I don’t understand the Knicks regression from last year being the 4th seed, I guess I can say the same thing about the hawks too

The East is much more competitive this season, only 5 games difference between the 5 seed and the 10th seed.
The Hawks lost a bunch of games early during Covid playing guys off the street when other teams had the games postponed, they are playing better basketball and have beaten all of the top teams.
The Knicks are 6 games out of contending for a play in spot.

FireDavidKahn
03-06-2022, 10:53 PM
Thibs:oldlol::oldlol: