PDA

View Full Version : The ESPN Commentators Are Terrible

Full Court
03-05-2022, 09:58 PM
Usually I watch the Bulls on the NBC Chicago channel. But last night they were on ESPN, and right now I'm watching the Lakers/Warriors on ESPN, and wow, what a difference.

ESPN hands down has the worst commentators in the entire sport. They're boring, their analysis sucks, they go off on tangents, and they're just not fun to listen to. What's wrong with ESPN? How come everyone else can find decent commentators, but ESPN can't?

Spurs m8
03-05-2022, 10:00 PM
Absolutely agree.

I always go the local feeds on LP....ESPN is just mindless

BarberSchool
03-05-2022, 10:04 PM
Breen was always incredibly boring and stiff.
He’s the phony voice guy, who prides himself on being the only Jewish member of some ritzy Anglo establishment golf club/country club.

Mark Jackson isn’t anywhere near as smart as he thinks he is. He’s also a total phony, who started fake beef between his own players, and wanted Steph and Klay to shoot less 3’s and go to the bucket more. There are many reasons no NBA team has even considered hiring him as a head coach. A total phony just like Kenny Smith, but with the surface flavor of a kind preacher.

…..
MY MAN JEFF VAN GUNDY THO ….. :applause::pimp::applause::lol:bowdown:

Dude is legit clever, insightful AF, witty and funny.
Especially when he’s calling Mark Jackson on his phony BS.

Proctor
03-05-2022, 10:05 PM
Most are terrible but listening to JVG is as great as listening to Hubie Brown. Knowledge left and right, even if mixed in with his goofy shtick.

1987_Lakers
03-05-2022, 10:10 PM
Breen was always incredibly boring and stiff.
He’s the phony voice guy, who prides himself on being the only Jewish member of some ritzy Anglo establishment golf club/country club.

Mark Jackson isn’t anywhere near as smart as he thinks he is. He’s also a total phony, who started fake beef between his own players, and wanted Steph and Klay to shoot less 3’s and go to the bucket more. There are many reasons no NBA team has even considered hiring him as a head coach. A total phony just like Kenny Smith, but with the surface flavor of a kind preacher.

…..
MY MAN JEFF VAN GUNDY THO ….. :applause::pimp::lol:bowdown:

Dude is legit clever, insightful AF, witty and funny.
Especially when he’s calling Mark Jackson on his phony BS.

He grew up in the same town I was born in, Martinez, Ca. You will see him shout out that town from time to time. :pimp:

BarberSchool
03-05-2022, 10:16 PM
Most are terrible but listening to JVG is as great as listening to Hubie Brown. Knowledge left and right, even if mixed in with his goofy shtick.Hubie Brown was a legit lovable character. Dude was great, in an a “more intelligent east coast Bill Rafferty” type of way. Hubie Brown and Mike Fratello are my absolute favorites among the really ancient guys.

Hey Yo
03-05-2022, 10:20 PM
Hubie Brown was a legit lovable character. Dude was great, in an a “more intelligent east coast Bill Rafferty” type of way. Hubie Brown and Mike Fratello are my absolute favorites among the really ancient guys.

Can't use past tense when talking Hubie. He's still calling games.

Proctor
03-05-2022, 10:23 PM
Hubie Brown was a legit lovable character. Dude was great, in an a “more intelligent east coast Bill Rafferty” type of way. Hubie Brown and Mike Fratello are my absolute favorites among the really ancient guys.
He's still going. Great thing is, Hubie at 88 hasn't lost much. I like seeing him with the play-by-play guys that are smart enough to engage him and coax more out of him. Dave Pasch is especially good at this.

Full Court
03-05-2022, 10:24 PM
What's the name of the chick that's doing play by play? She's by far the worst.

Spurs m8
03-05-2022, 10:30 PM
What's the name of the chick that's doing play by play? She's by far the worst.

Lol I mentioned something like this once here...

Woke crowd got sensitive

Full Court
03-05-2022, 10:31 PM
Lol I mentioned something like this once here...

Woke crowd got sensitive

Has nothing to do with her being male or female. She's just bad.

Spurs m8
03-05-2022, 10:34 PM
Has nothing to do with her being male or female. She's just bad.

Oh I know

BarberSchool
03-05-2022, 10:42 PM
What's the name of the chick that's doing play by play? She's by far the worst.Doris Burke.

She very boring, and sounds like she should be commentating college games in Nebraska.

There had to be hundreds of people who were interviewed by Al Jaffe for that job that fans would have obviously loved listening to more.

But it’s not Doris Burke’s fault… it’s All Jaffe’s

Spurs m8
03-05-2022, 10:47 PM
Fvck I hate Doris

Shes the exact cvnt I called out

Painful to listen too

Typical simpleton with manufactured, low iq takes

Baller789
03-05-2022, 11:28 PM
Fvck I hate Doris

Shes the exact cvnt I called out

Painful to listen too

Typical simpleton with manufactured, low iq takes

Most women make terrible sports commentators for real. They just don't care about the nitty gritties of the game like men do.

It's all just for this diversity BS.

Axe
03-05-2022, 11:30 PM
Doris Burke.

She very boring, and sounds like she should be commentating college games in Nebraska.

There had to be hundreds of people who were interviewed by Al Jaffe for that job that fans would have obviously loved listening to more.

But it’s not Doris Burke’s fault… it’s All Jaffe’s
Wtf burke is not a chick lol.

kawhileonard2
03-06-2022, 12:46 AM
They need Bob Costas again.