PDA

View Full Version : Official Ja Morant for MVP thread

RogueBorg
03-08-2022, 09:58 PM
Out of nowhere, the Grizzlies are now the 2nd seed in the West. Philly and Milwaukee have taken steps backwards from last year, and Harden will take votes from Embiid now that they're taking off. It's between Embiid and Morant. The fact that Memphis has come out of nowhere tells me Morant will win MVP if everything holds as is right now. If they go on a losing streak and Philly continues to win it will be Embiid.

Full Court
03-08-2022, 10:00 PM
Morant has my vote. Embiid and Jokic both deserve it too, but I'm pulling for Morant all the way.

2much_knowledge
03-08-2022, 10:06 PM
Came here to inform Shaq just called Ja, the best player in the league....

Axe
03-09-2022, 04:46 AM
https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=grizzlies+record+without+ja+morant+2021-22

Spurs m8
03-09-2022, 05:14 AM
They're not gonna like it.

I'm sure we'll get some rookie try and discredit Ja, because the team had an inflated record when he was out a few games.

Ja is killing it....and he gets the W

2nd in the conference, KILLING IT

tontoz
03-09-2022, 10:34 AM
Out of nowhere, the Grizzlies are now the 2nd seed in the West. Philly and Milwaukee have taken steps backwards from last year, and Harden will take votes from Embiid now that they're taking off. It's between Embiid and Jokic. The fact that Memphis has come out of nowhere tells me Morant will win MVP if everything holds as is right now. If they go on a losing streak and Philly continues to win it will be Embiid.

FYP

Jokic is averaging 26/14/8 with a 65.6% TS

Morant is averaging 27.5/6/7 with a 58% TS

Barring injuries it will come down to a close vote between Jokic and Embiid.

Johnny32
03-09-2022, 10:59 AM
mem is 12-2 without him. not winning mvp.

GrayGoat
03-09-2022, 11:15 AM
Tatum is more impressive imo

insight
03-09-2022, 11:43 AM
Ja is the most exciting player in the league by a large margin but really shouldn't be considered MVP because Memphis is not dependent on him to win. Memphis is #1 in fast break points because they have multiple players who can dribble, create thier own shot and find the open man. Joker and Embid have more gravity, if Ja is considered why isn't Devin Booker a MVP candidate?

RogueBorg
03-09-2022, 12:21 PM
FYP

Jokic is averaging 26/14/8 with a 65.6% TS

Morant is averaging 27.5/6/7 with a 58% TS

Barring injuries it will come down to a close vote between Jokic and Embiid.

The MVP award has always had some aspect of winning baked into it. Denver is 6th in the conference this year after finishing 3rd last year, they've taken a step backwards. Memphis was 9th last year and is currently 2nd, they've taken a huge leap forward and Morant will get the credit for it. It won't be Jokic.

With Embiid, Philly finished 1st in the East last year and are currently 2nd this year. There's a good chance they finish atop the Eastern Conference, but I have to think part of that credit will go to Harden joining them mid-season. It's going to come down to Embiid or Morant

If everything holds as it is now, Morant will win it.

RogueBorg
03-09-2022, 12:24 PM
Ja is the most exciting player in the league by a large margin but really shouldn't be considered MVP because Memphis is not dependent on him to win. Memphis is #1 in fast break points because they have multiple players who can dribble, create thier own shot and find the open man. Joker and Embid have more gravity, if Ja is considered why isn't Devin Booker a MVP candidate?

Phoenix was 2nd in the West last year barely missing the top spot. What Memphis has done is much more impressive. Morant will get the credit for it.

FultzNationRISE
03-09-2022, 12:24 PM
Umm, guys?

Lebron exists.

ShawkFactory
03-09-2022, 12:27 PM
The MVP award has always had some aspect of winning baked into it. Denver is 6th in the conference this year after finishing 3rd last year, they've taken a step backwards. Memphis was 9th last year and is currently 2nd, they've taken a huge leap forward and Morant will get the credit for it. It won't be Jokic.

With Embiid, Philly finished 1st in the East last year and are currently 2nd this year. There's a good chance they finish atop the Eastern Conference, but I have to think part of that credit will go to Harden joining them mid-season. It's going to come down to Embiid or Morant

Look at the Nuggets roster right now though..

Jokic is having an INSANE season.

tontoz
03-09-2022, 12:32 PM

Morant has no chance. Zero. I don't think a first time All-Star has won MVP since the 70s. His only chance to win would be if his numbers were overwhelmingly better than everyone else. In fact his numbers aren't even on the same tier as Jokic/Embiid/Giannis.

Denver is 13 games over .500 without their 2nd (Murray) and 3rd (MPJ) options on offense. Those two have been out all year. After Jokic their two best players are Gordon and Barton lol.

Morant is currently 5th on the Kia MVP ladder, the highest he has been all year, behind Derozan.

https://www.nba.com/news/kia-mvp-ladder-march-4-edition

Hey Yo
03-09-2022, 12:34 PM
mem is 12-2 without him. not winning mvp.

This ^^^^^

RogueBorg
03-09-2022, 12:44 PM
Look at the Nuggets roster right now though..

Jokic is having an INSANE season.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I think the fact that Memphis went from 9th last year to currently 2nd will be a huge for Morant.

PeroAntic
03-09-2022, 01:23 PM
Umm, guys?

Lebron exists.

:roll:

also, big FU op, I started this campaign a long time ago. You dont get to take the credit.

insight
03-09-2022, 01:27 PM
Phoenix was 2nd in the West last year barely missing the top spot. What Memphis has done is much more impressive. Morant will get the credit for it.
How is what Memphis doing more impressive than what Phoenix is doing? By you logic Booker or CP3 should have won it last year.
Memphis started their win streak win Ja was injured! Its silly to call a player the MVP when the team started winning when he wasn't playing.
The west is down this year due to all the injuries, Memphis is playing well but let's not pretend that several west teams missing stars is a major reason why they are #2.

Spurs m8
03-09-2022, 03:08 PM
Umm, guys?

Lebron exists.

Let's take a moment to appreciate him leading his team well below .500 and not even making the playoffs without the play-in...

The play-in he's not even guaranteed to make either.

As all the sports networks across the globe are saying - "No LeBron, No difference"

RogueBorg
03-09-2022, 03:16 PM
Let's take a moment to appreciate him leading his team well below .500 and not even making the playoffs without the play-in...

The play-in he's not even guaranteed to make either.

As all the sports networks across the globe are saying - "No LeBron, No difference"

I thought Lebron makes his teammates better :confusedshrug:

https://c.tenor.com/zLzdgH5iXGkAAAAd/barack-obama-what.gif

ShawkFactory
03-09-2022, 03:25 PM
I'm not saying you're wrong. I think the fact that Memphis went from 9th last year to currently 2nd will be a huge for Morant.

Not that what you're saying is crazy, but if you believe this then throw some money down. Ja is running over +1000 almost everywhere.

RogueBorg
03-09-2022, 03:42 PM
Not that what you're saying is crazy, but if you believe this then throw some money down. Ja is running over +1000 almost everywhere.

I'm not a gambler and I'm also not saying I'm 100% correct. It's just I've seen precedent for this before.

Just off the top of my head, in 1992 Charles Barkley went to Phoenix, they finished 1st in the West and Barkley won the MVP. Barkley didn't lead the league in scoring or rebounding.

In 2003-'04 Phoenix was near the bottom of the conference. Steve Nash gets traded to Phoenix, they finish 1st in the conference and Nash wins MVP. Nash didn't have the best stats either.

And then Derrick Rose, Chicago finished 41-41 in 2010, next season the Bulls finish 1st in the Conference and wins MVP.

I see similarities with Ja Morant.

tontoz
03-09-2022, 04:07 PM
I'm not a gambler and I'm also not saying I'm 100% correct. It's just I've seen precedent for this before.

Just off the top of my head, in 1992 Charles Barkley went to Phoenix, they finished 1st in the West and Barkley won the MVP. Barkley didn't lead the league in scoring or rebounding.

In 2003-'04 Phoenix was near the bottom of the conference. Steve Nash gets traded to Phoenix, they finish 1st in the conference and Nash wins MVP. Nash didn't have the best stats either.

And then Derrick Rose, Chicago finished 41-41 in 2010, next season the Bulls finish 1st in the Conference and wins MVP.

I see similarities with Ja Morant.

Barkley averaged 26/12/5 with a 60% TS in the 90s :lol

Spurs m8
03-09-2022, 04:10 PM
I thought Lebron makes his teammates better :confusedshrug:

https://c.tenor.com/zLzdgH5iXGkAAAAd/barack-obama-what.gif

As usual, no top tier help, no success.

2019 all over again

Even with his triple double machine by his side

AlternativeAcc.
03-09-2022, 04:13 PM
Grizzlies have an 86% win rate with him not playing. 25% higher rate than when he does play.

He's gets my vote for least valuable star in the NBA. There's no other team that could win at that rate without their best player

Ja Morant is the least valuable star in the NBA.
:cheers:

RogueBorg
03-09-2022, 04:18 PM
Barkley averaged 26/12/5 with a 60% TS in the 90s :lol

The year Barkley won MVP he finished 5th in scoring, 6th in rebounding, and 18th in FG%. Karl Malone had better stats but the Jazz finished with 47 wins. Jordan led the league in scoring but the Bulls finished with the 3rd best record and won 10 less games than 1992. The reason Barkley won MVP was not that he had the best stats, he had very good stats, it's because Phoenix with 10 more wins than the previous season and finished with the league's best record.

Memphis was a play-in team last year, they're now 2nd in the conference, Morant will get the credit for it.

tontoz
03-09-2022, 04:28 PM
The year Barkley won MVP he finished 5th in scoring, 6th in rebounding, and 18th in FG%. Karl Malone had better stats but the Jazz finished with 47 wins. Jordan led the league in scoring but the Bulls finished with the 3rd best record and won 10 less games than 1992. The reason Barkley won MVP was not that he had the best stats, he had very good stats, it's because Phoenix with 10 more wins than the previous season and finished with the league's best record.

Memphis was a play-in team last year, they're now 2nd in the conference, Morant will get the credit for it.

How exactly did Malone have better stats? Slightly higher points, slightly fewer rebounds and fewer assists. Their numbers were very comparable.

Morants numbers aren't comparable at all to what Jokic/Embiid/Giannis are doing.

No Morant isn't going to get all the credit since they have a bunch of young players that have improved, as young players frequently do. Not to mentiont the fact that Jaren Jackson only played 11 games last year. :lol

RogueBorg
03-09-2022, 04:52 PM
How exactly did Malone have better stats? Slightly higher points, slightly fewer rebounds and fewer assists. Their numbers were very comparable.

Morants numbers aren't comparable at all to what Jokic/Embiid/Giannis are doing.

No Morant isn't going to get all the credit since they have a bunch of young players that have improved, as young players frequently do. Not to mentiont the fact that Jaren Jackson only played 11 games last year. :lol

Once again, MVP has a large component that is built around team success. I didn't just give you Barkley, I also cited Nash and Rose. Those guys had good teammates as well but they were given the most credit for it. Did Nash have better stats than Shaq and Kobe? Did Rose have better stats than Lebron? Shaq's already calling Morant the best player in the league. But look at all of those guys respective teams success, they all jumped forward not backward. Yes, You have to have good stats which Morant has. But of all the teams, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Denver, and Memphis, only Memphis has taken a big step forward. All the others have regressed to some degree.

Gudo
03-09-2022, 04:53 PM
As usual, no top tier help, no success.

2019 all over again

Even with his triple double machine by his side

How can he sustain top tier help when he keeps diminishing them or getting the ones with potential traded?

PeroAntic
03-09-2022, 04:54 PM
12-2 is a fluke of lucky shooting, weak opponents and unsustainably tenacious defense. Completely irrelevant.

Spurs m8
03-09-2022, 04:55 PM
How can he sustain top tier help when he keeps diminishing them or getting the ones with potential traded?

That's why he runs off and resets, like an easy path coward, every 4 years

tontoz
03-09-2022, 05:20 PM
Once again, MVP has a large component that is built around team success. I didn't just give you Barkley, I also cited Nash and Rose. Those guys had good teammates as well but they were given the most credit for it. Did Nash have better stats than Shaq and Kobe? Did Rose have better stats than Lebron? Shaq's already calling Morant the best player in the league. But look at all of those guys respective teams success, they all jumped forward not backward. Yes, You have to have good stats which Morant has. But of all the teams, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Denver, and Memphis, only Memphis has taken a big step forward. All the others have regressed to some degree.

If a team makes a big leap forward because a guy missed the previous season due to injury i don't think a MVP candidate gets much credit for that.

Morant's numbers aren't close to the other guys. You can't give him that much credit for the teams success since JJ was out last season and the team was 12-2 without Morant this season.

Morant has the best highlights in the league for sure. But in terms of scoring/playmaking/defense he isn't comparable to the top 3 guys.

tontoz
03-09-2022, 05:21 PM
12-2 is a fluke of lucky shooting, weak opponents and unsustainably tenacious defense. Completely irrelevant.

If thats the case then the team's record shouldn't be a big factor in Morants favor in the MVP voting.

Axe
03-09-2022, 05:26 PM
Those casuals only see that a player are worthy of becoming mvp when they're putting up impressive numbers over time, never mind looking at the bigger picture. Like if their respective teams have a good, winning record in games without them. :oldlol:

Axe
03-09-2022, 05:27 PM
What a dumb statement. No wonder people clown you for your opinions lmao.

PeroAntic
03-09-2022, 06:44 PM
What a dumb statement. No wonder people clown you for your opinions lmao.

Its a proven fact you dingus. :oldlol:

Axe
03-09-2022, 06:45 PM
Says the clown who thinks lavine > tatum :roll:

PeroAntic
03-09-2022, 06:45 PM
If thats the case then the team's record shouldn't be a big factor in Morants favor in the MVP voting.

Why not? Why would that small sample matter and not the actual big one? Team's position is only one factor for MVP.

PeroAntic
03-09-2022, 06:46 PM
Says the clown who thinks lavine > tatum :roll:

:facepalm

Doesn't matter who says it if its a fact dingus

As for Lavine vs Tatum only a total dingus can laugh at the comparison as if its Bird and Scalabrine:oldlol:

Axe
03-09-2022, 06:48 PM

Doesn't matter who says it if its a fact dingus
Yeah go cry us a river. Derrick rose cannot carry the knicks anymore, that's why you are rooting for other stars and teams these days.

PeroAntic
03-09-2022, 06:50 PM
Yeah go cry us a river. Derrick rose cannot carry the knicks anymore, that's why you are rooting for other stars and teams these days.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/45/31/99/453199d90efa0faff6d913502904db0f.gif

tontoz
03-09-2022, 06:51 PM
Why not? Why would that small sample matter and not the actual big one? Team's position is only one factor for MVP.

You said those games were a fluke. What do you think their record should have been in those games?

If they were 7-7 in those games then they would have 40 wins, tied with Dallas and Utah, 1 game up on Denver. What would be his case for MVP then?

PeroAntic
03-09-2022, 07:10 PM
You said those games were a fluke. What do you think their record should have been in those games?

If they were 7-7 in those games then they would have 40 wins, tied with Dallas and Utah, 1 game up on Denver. What would be his case for MVP then?

Not much of a difference, still would have had a great case.

tontoz
03-09-2022, 07:13 PM
Not much of a difference, still would have had a great case.

Based on what?

PeroAntic
03-09-2022, 07:36 PM
Based on what?

Based on all the other components of what makes an MVP (raw stats, advanced stats, star teammates and of course the X factor - excitement).

AlternativeAcc.
03-09-2022, 07:46 PM
Based on all the other components of what makes an MVP (raw stats, advanced stats, star teammates and of course the X factor - excitement).

Jokic (and others) obliterate him in raw stats and advanced stats. It's not even a debate

You have no argument per usual. Your 'retarded' shtick isn't funny anymore mang.

tontoz
03-09-2022, 07:49 PM
Jokic (and others) obliterate him in raw stats and advanced stats. It's not even a debate

You have no argument per usual. Your 'retarded' shtick isn't funny anymore mang.

Seriously Jokic's win shares/BPM/VORP are double Morant's. :oldlol:

Axe
03-09-2022, 07:55 PM

Not looking good for our resident rose stan. :ohwell:

PeroAntic
03-09-2022, 08:01 PM

No they don't obliterate him, they beat him by a slight margin. It was already explained how in previous cases the player with the best stats doesn't win. it seems its hard for people to understand what a 'combination of factors' means. Maybe you will learn one day.

PeroAntic
03-09-2022, 08:02 PM
Not looking good for our resident rose stan. :ohwell:

Shhh, grown ups are talking.

Axe
03-09-2022, 08:04 PM
Shhh, grown ups are talking.
Bu-but

"12-2 is a fluke of lucky shooting, weak opponents and unsustainably tenacious defense. Completely irrelevant."

:cry:

PeroAntic
03-09-2022, 08:08 PM
Bu-but

"12-2 is a fluke of lucky shooting, weak opponents and unsustainably tenacious defense. Completely irrelevant."

:cry:

Google it doofus.

tontoz
03-09-2022, 08:16 PM
No they don't obliterate him, they beat him by a slight margin. It was already explained how in previous cases the player with the best stats doesn't win. it seems its hard for people to understand what a 'combination of factors' means. Maybe you will learn one day.

Jokic BPM 13.9
Morant BPM 6.3

Jokic win shares 12
Morant win shares 6.6

Jokic VORP 7.7
Morant VORP 3.7

Just a slight difference......

PeroAntic
03-09-2022, 08:26 PM
Jokic BPM 13.9
Morant BPM 6.3

Jokic win shares 12
Morant win shares 6.6

Jokic VORP 7.7
Morant VORP 3.7

Jokic is a historical outlier, he obliterates any player ever, but that shows the limit of advanced stats first of all, and secondly, he already won MVP so there is fatigue. What Jokic is doing is not new to what he did before, as opposed to Ja.

What matters is that Ja's advanced stats are strong enough to win, when other factors are taken into consideration.

AlternativeAcc.
03-09-2022, 08:27 PM

Morunt mur exciting!!!!!

Spurs m8
03-09-2022, 08:38 PM

Absolutely is true.

OFCOURSE Axe is fighting this :facepalm:facepalm:roll::roll:

tontoz
03-09-2022, 08:47 PM
Jokic is a historical outlier, he obliterates any player ever, but that shows the limit of advanced stats first of all, and secondly, he already won MVP so there is fatigue. What Jokic is doing is not new to what he did before, as opposed to Ja.

What matters is that Ja's advanced stats are strong enough to win, when other factors are taken into consideration.

No they aren't. Comparing Morant to Embiid there is a huge gap in advanced stats.

Morant has the best highlights but has no case for MVP.

Axe
03-09-2022, 08:59 PM
Soggy m8

PeroAntic
03-09-2022, 09:24 PM
No they aren't. Comparing Morant to Embiid there is a huge gap in advanced stats.

Morant has the best highlights but has no case for MVP.

Embiid has Harden and the Sixers haven't been as good as Memphis. And highlights are part of the case for MVP. next

RogueBorg
03-09-2022, 09:51 PM

Jokic's not winning MVP. MVP, whether you guys want to admit it or not, almost always has an element to winning in it. Jokic won last year with his team as a 3rd seed. How valuable is if his team finishes as the 6th seed? I give him a 1% chance.

RogueBorg
03-09-2022, 09:54 PM
Jokic BPM 13.9
Morant BPM 6.3

Jokic win shares 12
Morant win shares 6.6

Jokic VORP 7.7
Morant VORP 3.7

Why do you think Nash won MVP in 2004-05 averaging 15.5 ppg and 11.5 apg?

tontoz
03-09-2022, 10:15 PM
Why do you think Nash won MVP in 2004-05 averaging 15.5 ppg and 11.5 apg?

I wouldn't have voted for him but lets not forget he shot 50% from the field, 43% from 3 and 89% from the line. He was an elite shooter who led the league in assists.

Let's also not forget this was his first year with the team and they won 62 games. They won only 29 games the previous year

Axe
03-09-2022, 10:16 PM
Jokic's not winning MVP. MVP, whether you guys want to admit it or not, almost always has an element to winning in it. Jokic won last year with his team as a 3rd seed. How valuable is if his team finishes as the 6th seed? I give him a 1% chance.
If jokic is not winning it again, then who's your candidate? One who's not named ja morant, obviously.

Full Court
03-09-2022, 10:19 PM
If we're strictly talking about the best player in the league, it's Jokic. However, MVP is more nuanced. I'm pulling for Morant all the way. He deserves it.

PeroAntic
03-09-2022, 11:01 PM
There are intangibles for mvp as well. i'd put optimistic bet on ja. embiid and jokic will split their votes, Giannis too much fatigue.

insight
03-09-2022, 11:01 PM
If we're strictly talking about the best player in the league, it's Jokic. However, MVP is more nuanced. I'm pulling for Morant all the way. He deserves it.

Deserves it? His team doesn't even need him to win.

Full Court
03-09-2022, 11:07 PM
Deserves it? His team doesn't even need him to win.

That 11 game sample size is a very simplistic way of looking at it. Do you really think they'd be in second place and have the record they do without Morant?

AlternativeAcc.
03-09-2022, 11:19 PM
That 11 game sample size is a very simplistic way of looking at it. Do you really think they'd be in second place and have the record they do without Morant?

Probably not. Typically teams don't play all that well without their best player, let alone 2nd seed. Otoh, that 14 game sample where they won 86% of the games without morant is factually a huge reason they're in 2nd place and not closer to 8.

insight
03-09-2022, 11:51 PM

Of course they are better team with Ja on the court.
I watch the majority of Memphis games, they are playing great as a team. They have several players who they can run the offense through and play solid defense. Their biggest strength is their ability to get easy transition points they are a tremendous fast break team. It wasn't a small sample size because they were below .500 before Ja got injured. When he was out their defensive rating skyrocketed and starting winning. Would you really seriously consider another MVP candid if their team started winning consistently when they weren't on the floor?

Full Court
03-09-2022, 11:57 PM
Of course they are better team with Ja on the court.
I watch the majority of Memphis games, they are playing great as a team. They have several players who they can run the offense through and play solid defense. Their biggest strength is their ability to get easy transition points they are a tremendous fast break team. It wasn't a small sample size because they were below .500 before Ja got injured. When he was out their defensive rating skyrocketed and starting winning. Would you really seriously consider another MVP candid if their team started winning consistently when they weren't on the floor?

Generally, no. However, I do think some context is on order. Those 12 wins included:

Sac x2
Lakers
Pelicans
Blazers
Houston
OKC
Toronto (which was playing like garbage at the time)

That's 8 of their 12 wins right there. So while you have a valid point, I'm not willing to penalize Morant too hard for his team getting that record while he was out.

Axe
03-10-2022, 10:02 AM
Funny how things must be made more convenient for morant just because these fools are so desperate to see him win the said award this year. There's no denying the kind of impact he gives off for his team over time but like what's been pointed out here, we've seen them win an impressive number of games earlier this season during his absence. Furthermore, in terms of individual performances, you don't see this kid average double-doubles on a regular basis. Let alone a triple-double both to the extent of what either embiid or jokic can muster more consistently in several of their respective games. So many of you casuals who try to root for him rn might want to consider this first also before y'all spit out any of your eyesore bullshit.

sportjames23
03-10-2022, 11:42 AM
Umm, guys?

Lebron exists.

How’s his team doing this season?

PeroAntic
03-10-2022, 12:31 PM
Funny how things must be made more convenient for morant just because these fools are so desperate to see him win the said award this year. There's no denying the kind of impact he gives off for his team over time but like what's been pointed out here, we've seen them win an impressive number of games earlier this season during his absence. Furthermore, in terms of individual performances, you don't see this kid average double-doubles on a regular basis. Let alone a triple-double both to the extent of what either embiid or jokic can muster more consistently in several of their respective games. So many of you casuals who try to root for him rn might want to consider this first also before y'all spit out any of your eyesore bullshit.

This guy calling people casuals and then in the same discourse saying Morant doesn't get enough double doubles and triple doubles:roll: can't make this shit up

RogueBorg
03-10-2022, 01:26 PM
Let's also not forget this was his first year with the team and they won 62 games. They won only 29 games the previous year

Bingo, that's my point.

RogueBorg
03-10-2022, 01:27 PM
If jokic is not winning it again, then who's your candidate? One who's not named ja morant, obviously.

Embiid

tontoz
03-10-2022, 01:33 PM
Bingo, that's my point.

Your point doesn't apply to Memphis. Morant played last year. JJJ didn't. And Memphis had a winning record last year.

That isn't comparable at all to Nash going to the Suns and the Suns winning over twice as many games.

RogueBorg
03-10-2022, 03:10 PM
Your point doesn't apply to Memphis. Morant played last year. JJJ didn't. And Memphis had a winning record last year.

That isn't comparable at all to Nash going to the Suns and the Suns winning over twice as many games.

I disagree with you. Memphis has taken the biggest jump forward for the MVP candidates by far. Last year Memphis finished as a 9th seed with a 38-34 record in the play-in tourny. This year, at their current rate, if everything holds, they'll have gone from a 9th seed to 2nd and finish with 55 wins.

tontoz
03-10-2022, 03:16 PM
I disagree with you. Memphis has taken the biggest jump forward for the MVP candidates by far. Last year Memphis finished as a 9th seed with a 38-34 record in the play-in tourny. This year, at their current rate, if everything holds, they'll have gone from a 9th seed to 2nd and finish with 55 wins.

Last year was a shortened season. Last years winning percentage over an 82 game season equates to 43 wins. A 12 game improvement is not a big deal considering JJJ was out last season.

The Suns won 29 games the year before Nash got there. Then then won 62 with Nash. That is a 33 game improvement.

33 >>> 12

AlternativeAcc.
03-10-2022, 03:20 PM
MVP isn't a who took the biggest step award. Guys like Nash and Rose win when there's not a clear case for the better players. Jokic and others have clear statistical dominance over morant and have a clear case. Morant simply doesn't have a case over any of them. Period.

AlternativeAcc.
03-10-2022, 03:22 PM
Last year was a shortened season. Last years winning percentage over an 82 game season equates to 43 wins. A 12 game improvement is not a big deal considering JJJ was out last season.

The Suns won 29 games the year before Nash got there. Then then won 62 with Nash. That is a 33 game improvement.

33 >>> 12
Boom.

And with them going 12-2 without the kid, I mean....

Axe
03-10-2022, 04:23 PM
This guy calling people casuals and then in the same discourse saying Morant doesn't get enough double doubles and triple doubles:roll: can't make this shit up
Again, when compared to the likes of embiid or jokic. You nutball. Maybe you can try to read properly next time?

PeroAntic
03-10-2022, 06:14 PM
Again, when compared to the likes of embiid or jokic. You nutball. Maybe you can try to read properly next time?

you don't see this kid average double-doubles on a regular basis. Let alone a triple-double

You discovered that Morant isn't a center. Congratulations.

Such a dingus.

PeroAntic
03-10-2022, 06:16 PM
MVP isn't a who took the biggest step award. Guys like Nash and Rose win when there's not a clear case for the better players. Jokic and others have clear statistical dominance over morant and have a clear case. Morant simply doesn't have a case over any of them. Period.

Lebron and Howard had a clear case over Rose. Kobe and Shaq (he repeats this ad infinitum) had a clear case over Nash. Statistical dominance is only one factor, context is everything.

Axe
03-10-2022, 06:27 PM
You discovered that Morant isn't a center. Congratulations.

Such a dingus.
Isn't that one of the main reasons why both of those men (embiid or jokic) have been top mvp candidates for sometime now? And if westbrook can average triple-doubles, then why can't morant do the same thing frequently? What a moron. Please quit smoking meth will ya.

NBAGOAT
03-10-2022, 07:17 PM
Lebron and Howard had a clear case over Rose. Kobe and Shaq (he repeats this ad infinitum) had a clear case over Nash. Statistical dominance is only one factor, context is everything.

Context is jokic and embiid have lead teams without another all star to a 50 win pace so far. In embiids case, once they added harden they have a legit shot at the 1 seed

RogueBorg
03-10-2022, 07:45 PM
In embiids case, once they added harden they have a legit shot at the 1 seed

To me, if Embiid needs Harden to overtake Miami, that's not a positive.

Who's Morant's All-Star teammate? He's led his team to a better record than Denver, Philly, and Milwaukee.

NBAGOAT
03-10-2022, 07:51 PM
To me, if Embiid needs Harden to overtake Miami, that's not a positive.

Who's Morant's All-Star teammate? He's led his team to a better record than Denver, Philly, and Milwaukee.

he doesnt have an all star teammate either but his whole team is competent as in every rotation piece is a clear net positive and jackson and bane are very good this year, both likely better than say wiggins who was an all star. Denver has likely only 1 guy who's that good in aaron gordon, embiid had maybe 2 in maxey and curry before he was traded(harris has been bad).

RogueBorg
03-10-2022, 07:59 PM
Guys like Nash and Rose win when there's not a clear case for the better players.

Nash won averaging 15.5 ppg and 10.5 assists. Lebron averaged 27-7-7, Kobe averaged 27-6-6, that's not a clear cut case?

Mr.GOAT2408
03-10-2022, 08:41 PM
MVP should go to one of Giannis/Jokic/Embiid but I think Morant is top 4-5 for sure

I can see an MVP in the future but I think he's a little too small for that to be an easy prediction, it'll be tough to have that ideal season where things are going extremely well for him and not so well with the dominant bigs and big guards/wings he'll be competing with. It's largely a narrative award

But that kind of scenario allowed AI/Nash/Rose/Steph/Westbrook to win the award at their size as well, so it's possible

Just won't be this season

Axe
03-10-2022, 08:46 PM
MVP should go to one of Giannis/Jokic/Embiid but I think Morant is top 4-5 for sure

I can see an MVP in the future but I think he's a little too small for that to be an easy prediction, it'll be tough to have that ideal season where things are going extremely well for him and not so well with the dominant bigs and big guards/wings he'll be competing with. It's largely a narrative award

But that kind of scenario allowed AI/Nash/Rose/Steph/Westbrook to win the award at their size as well, so it's possible

Just won't be this season
Not only that. Those big guys are capable of averaging double-doubles regularly or sometimes, triple-doubles also. I know they're able to achieve that mostly because of their position and size but others seem to overlook that when they're bringing up smaller players. Like the case here with morant.

tontoz
03-15-2022, 08:59 PM
Memphis up 40 without the MVP :oldlol:

Axe
03-15-2022, 09:05 PM
Memphis up 40 without the MVP :oldlol:

Casuals really are clueless when they came rooting for him itt.

insight
03-15-2022, 09:36 PM

Casuals really are clueless when they came rooting for him itt.

It really is disrespectful to the Memphis coaching staff and the other players because they are not dependent on Ja to win but that has been the narrative the has been created.

Axe
03-15-2022, 09:47 PM
13-2 now lmao

It really is disrespectful to the Memphis coaching staff and the other players because they are not dependent on Ja to win but that has been the narrative the has been created.
True. What the casuals don't realize as well is that grizz current hc, none other than taylor jenkins, was a former assistant coach of mike budenholzer in two teams not more than five years ago. His coaching prowess is making the team flourish rn with what seems the right pieces they currently have to put them with the other contenders in the west. That's why their excellent record without the flashy ja morant should never be easily overlooked, especially after that blowout win against the pacers earlier.

justin43
03-16-2022, 10:30 AM
For the Anti-Morant parade:

13-3. Only 5 of the 13 were above .500. One of those teams is the Clippers(36-35). Two of the 13 wins(Dallas and Blazers they also lost to as well without Morant.)The 13 wins without Morant total record is 371-405(.478) without including the Kings(25-45) twice, which would make it 396-450(.468).

tontoz
03-16-2022, 10:40 AM
For the Anti-Morant parade:

13-3. Only 5 of the 13 were above .500. One of those teams is the Clippers(36-35). Two of the 13 wins(Dallas and Blazers they also lost to as well without Morant.)The 13 wins without Morant total record is 371-405(.478) without including the Kings(25-45) twice, which would make it 396-450(.468).

Indy's 33 pt loss is their worst of the season.

They have been consistently competitive game after game. Their previous game they lost to the Hawks, who have been on a roll, by only 3. Previous to that they beat the Spurs and lost by only 3 to the Cavs.

10 of the Griz wins without Morant have been by double digits. One of their wins was by 73 points :oldlol: against OKC.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/202112020MEM.html

noonereal
03-16-2022, 12:31 PM
Out of nowhere, the Grizzlies are now the 2nd seed in the West. Philly and Milwaukee have taken steps backwards from last year, and Harden will take votes from Embiid now that they're taking off. It's between Embiid and Morant. The fact that Memphis has come out of nowhere tells me Morant will win MVP if everything holds as is right now. If they go on a losing streak and Philly continues to win it will be Embiid.

Great player, not an MVP. Sorry.

justin43
03-16-2022, 01:11 PM
Indy's 33 pt loss is their worst of the season.

They have been consistently competitive game after game. Their previous game they lost to the Hawks, who have been on a roll, by only 3. Previous to that they beat the Spurs and lost by only 3 to the Cavs.

10 of the Griz wins without Morant have been by double digits. One of their wins was by 73 points :oldlol: against OKC.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/202112020MEM.html

Still a bad team that the Grizzlies especially with Dillion Brooks(2nd best scorer before injury) back should beat. Destroying bad sub .500 teams means nothing in regards to how good the Grizzlies are without Morant. OKC is a very bad team. But keep that false narrative going.

tontoz
03-16-2022, 01:31 PM
Still a bad team that the Grizzlies especially with Dillion Brooks(2nd best scorer before injury) back should beat. Destroying bad sub .500 teams means nothing in regards to how good the Grizzlies are without Morant. OKC is a very bad team. But keep that false narrative going.

Funny how they had their worst loss of the year against the Griz without the "MVP". Such a wild coincidence that they have been consistently competitive all season but then suddenly collapse against the Griz.

insight
03-16-2022, 01:34 PM

Did you watch the game last night? How many games have you watched when Memphis played without Ja? They are a good team PERIOD and well coached with or without Ja. They handed the Pacers their worse loss all season and they didn't even have their 2nd ball handler plus their DEFENSIVIVE rating is MUCH HIGHER when Ja doesn't play.
Those are the facts.
That doesn't mean Ja is a great player or Memphis is better without Ja it just means they are a good team with or without him.

Axe
03-16-2022, 04:20 PM
This season 21-22 (as of this posting)

Ja morant

Double/triple-doubles in last 10 games played: 2
Team record without him: 13-2

Joel embiid

Double/triple-doubles in last 10 games played: 7
Team record without him: 4-8

Nikola jokic

Double/triple-doubles in last 10 games played: 10
Team record without him: 2-5

Yeah keep grasping at straws man

Axe
03-18-2022, 09:56 PM
Ja "mvp" morant with 29 points on a double-digit loss against the hawks without trae young :roll:

:yaohappy:

bison
03-18-2022, 10:03 PM
Sweet mother of god are we actually gonna win this

Axe
03-20-2022, 08:00 PM
So the grizzlies were able to trounce the rockets in double digits earlier without morant, what say you sorry ass casuals? :durantunimpressed:

The guy should never really be included in the mvp conversations to begin with.

PeroAntic
03-20-2022, 09:10 PM
The rockets are the worst team in the league you doofus.

Axe
03-20-2022, 09:22 PM
The rockets are the worst team in the league you doofus.
So per your comical standards, that doesn't count too? How convenient scumbag.

tontoz
03-23-2022, 10:02 PM
The nets are the latest victims of the grizzlies without the "MVP"

1987_Lakers
03-23-2022, 10:05 PM
Fvcking insane that the Grizzlies have a 15-2 record without Morant.

:oldlol:

RRR3
03-23-2022, 10:08 PM
You’d have to be an utter moron to think Morant is anywhere near an MVP. 15-2 lmao

Axe
03-23-2022, 10:18 PM
Where are the freak ass casuals now huh? Why avoid this shitty thread as time goes on? This is the epitome of ultimate thread backfire. :oldlol:

Full Court
03-23-2022, 10:22 PM
Where are the freak ass casuals now huh? Why avoid this shitty thread as time goes on? This is the epitome of ultimate thread backfire. :oldlol:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ffictionalinterviews.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F06%2Fforrest-gump.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

"My momma told me, dingus is as dingus does."

1987_Lakers
03-23-2022, 10:26 PM
Morant has my vote. Embiid and Jokic both deserve it too, but I'm pulling for Morant all the way.

Classic. A guy who said Wilt had empty stats but still has him #3 all time, votes for a guy who's team is 15-2 without him. But for some odd reason he hates LeBron for "empty stats".

https://media4.giphy.com/media/fUw7oSLn57ioIqypGE/giphy.gif?cid=790b76116ab64041f252cfc32f248ba5b9d8 7a8616581569&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Axe
03-23-2022, 10:29 PM
Itt, Ignorapoopus once said.

Axe
03-23-2022, 10:32 PM
Classic. A guy who said Wilt had empty stats but still has him #3 all time, votes for a guy who's team is 15-2 without him. But for some odd reason he hates LeBron for "empty stats".

https://media4.giphy.com/media/fUw7oSLn57ioIqypGE/giphy.gif?cid=790b76116ab64041f252cfc32f248ba5b9d8 7a8616581569&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
Poor kiddo is not even man enough to admit he's made a mistake or that he was wrong. Instead, he tries to deflect desperately so it can favor his deluded agenda. Like that last game between the lakers and the warriors where the lakers won without ad while kong scored 56.

'Bu-but warriors defense without donkey'

FultzNationRISE
03-23-2022, 10:35 PM
Saw the game score and knew this thread was gonna get a bumpin.

Who the hell are these Grizzlies? I've honestly never even heard of most of the guys in their rotation, and they're piling wins left and right even without the one household name they do have.

This year's playoffs shapin up to be some of the best in a long time. I just pray to God there are no serious injuries between now and then.

Ofc if God wants to make an exception for Westbrook, I mean it's his call.

I'm not askin for it or anything, I'm just saying.

His choice.

:confusedshrug:

Full Court
03-23-2022, 10:57 PM

You seem incapable of any context outside of raw numbers.

They beat a bunch of garbage teams without Morant. If you think the Grizzlies would be anywhere near where they are now without Morant, you're beyond lost.

And Morant is not an empty stats guy. He leads his team to wins. If you're implying that Morant is empty stats, then I question that you actually understand basketball.

Full Court
03-23-2022, 10:58 PM
Poor kiddo is not even man enough to admit he's made a mistake or that he was wrong. Instead, he tries to deflect desperately so it can favor his deluded agenda. Like that last game between the lakers and the warriors where the lakers won without ad while kong scored 56.

'Bu-but warriors defense without donkey'

You poor, sad dingus.

It must really hurt watching your hero Bronie barely making the play-in this year. :lol

RRR3
03-23-2022, 11:00 PM
Full Retard struggles to open doors.

1987_Lakers
03-23-2022, 11:01 PM

They beat a bunch of garbage teams without Morant. If you think the Grizzlies would be anywhere near where they are now without Morant, you're beyond lost.

And Morant is not an empty stats guy. He leads his team to wins. If you're implying that Morant is empty stats, then I question that you actually understand basketball.

They just beat the Nets with KD & Kyrie.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/fUw7oSLn57ioIqypGE/giphy.gif?cid=790b7611719e210980830c26c26dc4d38936 53e22ad837db&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

PeroAntic
03-23-2022, 11:04 PM
Morant is the difference between a playoff team and a championship contender. Grizzlies are defense, coaching and Morant. if they are so good, their best player deserves MVP by common criteria. Unless some idiot here thinks Morant somehow makes them worse:lol

ShawkFactory
03-23-2022, 11:05 PM

Wtf :lol

1987_Lakers
03-23-2022, 11:06 PM
Morant is the difference between a playoff team and a championship contender. Grizzlies are defense, coaching and Morant. if they are so good, their best player deserves MVP by common criteria. Unless some idiot here thinks Morant somehow makes them worse:lol

Nobody is disputing Morant's talent.

But how can you give the "Most VALUABLE Player" award to someone who's team is 15-2 without him??

kawhileonard2
03-23-2022, 11:35 PM
Some guys inspire others. Lebron doesn't do that.

Axe
03-23-2022, 11:42 PM
Imagine giving the mvp award to a player who...

✅ scored almost 30 points in a double-digit loss against a team without their best player

✅ has less than five double/triple doubles in the last ten games he played

✅ is on a team who has an excellent record this season in games he's absent

✅ is also on the very same team that blew out a pre-season favorite (that has two champion stars) without him

But yes, keep acting like a desperate deluded casual like your other peers who you share this common interest with. Clown.

imdaman99
03-24-2022, 12:54 AM
I know nobody watches them when Ja is sitting, but they have a solid team. Bane is really good. 15-2 without their best player is kinda shocking but refreshing. I am tired of people trashing teammates just to hype up whoever they like.

AlternativeAcc.
03-24-2022, 01:33 AM
Grizz have a 73 win pace without morant

Not bad

Kawhi_Why_Not
03-24-2022, 02:33 AM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/202102260MEM.html

I thought JA was going to be a star after he woke kawhi up on first of a back to back. They played again the very next game and kawhi cucked him with 30 points on 84% TS hahahahaha he'll do it again too in the playoffs

Shogon
03-24-2022, 11:36 AM
The overwhelming majority of you on both sides of this argument are too stupid to see that team success, team dynamics, team chemistry, whatever you want to call it... is an incomprehensibly complex subject matter of which we will probably never be able to mathematically prove a "solution."

I will say this though... anyone that thinks that Morant is the MVP of the league should consider suicide as a viable option.

He is very clearly not the best player in the league and it's very clear that his team's success is not tied to his presence at the hip.

There is absolutely no rational take and no rational line of thinking whatsoever that yields Ja Morant being MVP worthy this season.

Teams are always greater than the sum of their parts, the best players get too much credit and they also get too much blame.

Teams win championships... not individuals. It has always been this way and will always be this way.

Shogon
03-24-2022, 11:38 AM
It's just easy for you idiots to boil it down to 1 player because... you're idiots. And you don't even know it.

StrongLurk
03-24-2022, 12:16 PM
Bro the Grizzlies are so freakin good.

Beat the Nets without Ja while KD and Kyrie went off? They are serious contenders.

PeroAntic
03-24-2022, 02:52 PM
Imagine giving the mvp award to a player who...

✅ scored almost 30 points in a double-digit loss against a team without their best player

✅ has less than five double/triple doubles in the last ten games he played

✅ is on a team who has an excellent record this season in games he's absent

✅ is also on the very same team that blew out a pre-season favorite (that has two champion stars) without him

But yes, keep acting like a desperate deluded casual like your other peers who you share this common interest with. Clown.

Great job at not addressing a single point in the post you quoted and instead making some random irrelevant list. As said already, dingus gonna dingus.

Full Court
03-24-2022, 02:55 PM
Nobody is disputing Morant's talent.

But how can you give the "Most VALUABLE Player" award to someone who's team is 15-2 without him??

Uhhhhhh, because context matters?

By your logic, if you're on a team with depth, it automatically disqualifies you from being MVP. That's just silly.

And you know the Grizzlies wouldn't be anywhere near second seed in the West without Morant.

PeroAntic
03-24-2022, 02:57 PM
The overwhelming majority of you on both sides of this argument are too stupid to see that team success, team dynamics, team chemistry, whatever you want to call it... is an incomprehensibly complex subject matter of which we will probably never be able to mathematically prove a "solution."

I will say this though... anyone that thinks that Morant is the MVP of the league should consider suicide as a viable option.

He is very clearly not the best player in the league and it's very clear that his team's success is not tied to his presence at the hip.

There is absolutely no rational take and no rational line of thinking whatsoever that yields Ja Morant being MVP worthy this season.

Teams are always greater than the sum of their parts, the best players get too much credit and they also get too much blame.

Teams win championships... not individuals. It has always been this way and will always be this way.

wow so intelligent. So who should win MVP then? No one? Or the best player in the league? Who is he btw?

And no its not 'very clear that his his team's success is not tied to his presence'. Actually anyone who thinks Memphis is just as good or better without Ja should consider suicide, since we are apparently advocating such consideration. Memphis is a playoff team without Morant, with him they are a contender, which could mean that hes the best player on the best team. Is there anyone close to his ability on that team? Whos their second best player? Adams? Bane? Jackson? Does anyone even know?

You'd have to be an absolute complete one hundred percent moron to discard Morant's MVP claim because the Grizzlies have beaten Durant and Kyrie.

RogueBorg
03-24-2022, 03:03 PM

Way to talk out of both sides of your mouth.

Johnny32
03-24-2022, 03:11 PM
Wtf :lol

She's a tard.

Full Court
03-24-2022, 03:18 PM
So for you guys who are getting all upset and triggered by the mere THOUGHT of Morant being MVP, here's a question:

What if someone who's in the conversation for MVP plays every game in the season? Then you have no idea how the team would have done without them. Does that disqualify them from MVP consideration? But missing a handful of games does....but only if the team has a winning record while their out, even if it's against garbage teams?

Funny how it's almost exclusively low IQ Bronies who are upset by this thread. :lol

insight
03-24-2022, 03:43 PM
wow so intelligent. So who should win MVP then? No one? Or the best player in the league? Who is he btw?

And no its not 'very clear that his his team's success is not tied to his presence'. Actually anyone who thinks Memphis is just as good or better without Ja should consider suicide, since we are apparently advocating such consideration. Memphis is a playoff team without Morant, with him they are a contender, which could mean that hes the best player on the best team. Is there anyone close to his ability on that team? Whos their second best player? Adams? Bane? Jackson? Does anyone even know?

You'd have to be an absolute complete one hundred percent moron to discard Morant's MVP claim because the Grizzlies have beaten Durant and Kyrie.

If you WATCHED the majority of Memphis games and not just the highlights you would see there are SEVERAL players on Memphis who STEP UP in any give game which is the main reason they are winning this season. On a winning team players have to sacrifice for the good of the team and excel in various roles the coaching staff should be credited for getting everyone to buy into Memphis's style of basketball. Tell me exactly ONE player on Memphis is dependent on Ja Morant to ELEVATE their own game?
Ja is a great young talent but players like Bane, JJJ and Adams have ELVEVATED their OWN games and have helped Ja be a more dangerous player and hide is weaknesses not the other way around.

PeroAntic
03-24-2022, 04:01 PM
If you WATCHED the majority of Memphis games and not just the highlights you would see there are SEVERAL players on Memphis who STEP UP in any give game which is the main reason they are winning this season. On a winning team players have to sacrifice for the good of the team and excel in various roles the coaching staff should be credited for getting everyone to buy into Memphis's style of basketball. Tell me exactly ONE player on Memphis is dependent on Ja Morant to ELEVATE their own game?
Ja is a great young talent but players like Bane, JJJ and Adams have ELVEVATED their OWN games and have helped Ja be a more dangerous player and hide is weaknesses not the other way around.

Another one who dodges all the questions raised in the post he quotes. Pathetic:lol

btw saying Bane, Adams etc raised their own games without Ja having effect on them, but they also helped him be more dangerous, is literally the definition of conjecture.

jayfan
03-24-2022, 04:52 PM

Now 15-2.

jayfan
03-24-2022, 04:55 PM
The interesting thing about this thread, is that it makes a stronger case for Taylor Jenkins winning COY than for Ja winning MVP.

insight
03-24-2022, 04:58 PM
Another one who dodges all the questions raised in the post he quotes. Pathetic:lol

btw saying Bane, Adams etc raised their own games without Ja having effect on them, but they also helped him be more dangerous, is literally the definition of conjecture.

If you are saying teams the double team Ja help Bane and Adams I agree with that. My point was Bane was averaging 9 points a game last year he has clearly elevated his play and become a better shooter. As a result his scoring has nearly doubled and he helps the offensive spacing allowing Ja more room to drive. Adams has helped Ja because he is a tremendous screener and helps anchor the defense. Both players take off pressure from Ja on the defensive side of the ball.

Nobody is ducking your questions, they are just silly because Memphis gets production from multiple players which is why they are so good. Did you ever watch the Detroit Pistons with Billups, Ben Wallace etc or Toronto with Kawhi? Memphis is very similar.
Last year Dillion Brooks was there leader of the team, best defensive player and 2nd guy. This year he was injured and others players have filled the void. JJJ is back from injury and his impact is tremendous because of his ability to play the 4 or stretch 5, and guard multiple positions and run on the fast break. Steven Adams sets tough screens on offense, grabs boards and does the dirty work. Slow Mo, Melton and Tyus can all score and run the point. Desmond Bane 3 point shooting is elite.

If you watched the Nets game you could easily see, Kyrie and Durrant had great games, but Memphis had Multiple players who stepped up throughout the game and they eventually wore the nets down. Teams cannot keep up with their intensity for 48 minutes because they have multiple young athletic guys to throw at you.

We will see how their game translates to the playoffs, I think they are going to struggle when the game slows down, and it's about half court execution vs transition basketball.

tontoz
03-24-2022, 04:59 PM
Morant is ranked 14th in RPM among pgs.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/Screenshot_20220324-165711.jpg

Axe
03-24-2022, 05:12 PM
Great job at not addressing a single point in the post you quoted and instead making some random irrelevant list. As said already, dingus gonna dingus.
Meltdown. You look so dumb whenever you keep feeding on morant's nuts. Just because his team has become successful this season to the point they even have a winning record without him doesn't mean he's already mvp with the help of other circumstances being overlooked at.

Axe
03-24-2022, 05:16 PM

If you are saying teams the double team Ja help Bane and Adams I agree with that. My point was Bane was averaging 9 points a game last year he has clearly elevated his play and become a better shooter. As a result his scoring has nearly doubled and he helps the offensive spacing allowing Ja more room to drive. Adams has helped Ja because he is a tremendous screener and helps anchor the defense. Both players take off pressure from Ja on the defensive side of the ball.

Nobody is ducking your questions, they are just silly because Memphis gets production from multiple players which is why they are so good. Did you ever watch the Detroit Pistons with Billups, Ben Wallace etc or Toronto with Kawhi? Memphis is very similar.
Last year Dillion Brooks was there leader of the team, best defensive player and 2nd guy. This year he was injured and others players have filled the void. JJJ is back from injury and his impact is tremendous because of his ability to play the 4 or stretch 5, and guard multiple positions and run on the fast break. Steven Adams sets tough screens on offense, grabs boards and does the dirty work. Slow Mo, Melton and Tyus can all score and run the point. Desmond Bane 3 point shooting is elite.

If you watched the Nets game you could easily see, Kyrie and Durrant had great games, but Memphis had Multiple players who stepped up throughout the game and they eventually wore the nets down. Teams cannot keep up with their intensity for 48 minutes because they have multiple young athletic guys to throw at you.

We will see how their game translates to the playoffs, I think they are going to struggle when the game slows down, and it's about half court execution vs transition basketball.
Ether

The fools won't even acknowledge how taylor jenkins has turned their team into an impressive contender. Kinda like nick nurse during his first hc job with the raptors, where they went 17-5 without leonard but the casuals here are too dumb and clueless to realize this.

AlternativeAcc.
03-24-2022, 05:47 PM
Damn, morant is the most overrated player in the league.

He's trash...

Spurs m8
03-24-2022, 05:59 PM
Damn, morant is the most overrated player in the league.

He's trash...

Even if you think he has a good cast and isn't in MVP....saying he is trash just makes you look like low iq bron stan fvckwit

You even said you don't watch games...so stick to pleasuring yourself over bron...cringey front runner

Kawhi_Why_Not
03-24-2022, 06:01 PM
Morant is ranked 14th in RPM among pgs.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/Screenshot_20220324-165711.jpg

Russell Westbrook that high hahhahah go ahead and throw that list in the garbage can. Throw the entire ESPN network in the garbage can actually.

tontoz
03-24-2022, 06:09 PM
Russell Westbrook that high hahhahah go ahead and throw that list in the garbage can. Throw the entire ESPN network in the garbage can actually.

I didn't realize that being ranked 17th among pgs is considered "high". I think most people would consider that mediocre.

When you take into account his contact it's awful.

NBAGOAT
03-24-2022, 06:28 PM
memphis is really good around morant and not just jackson and bane. everyone in their rotation who plays around 20mpg could start on a playoff team(i'm only slightly exaggerating).

Full Court
03-24-2022, 06:43 PM
Ether

The fools won't even acknowledge how taylor jenkins has turned their team into an impressive contender. Kinda like nick nurse during his first hc job with the raptors, where they went 17-5 without leonard but the casuals here are too dumb and clueless to realize this.

I'd be down for Jenkins getting coach of the year.

Along with Morant getting MVP. :roll:

tontoz
03-24-2022, 06:48 PM
Looking just at offense Morant is ranked 6th among pgs in ORPM. Problem is that he is weak on D.

PeroAntic
03-24-2022, 07:41 PM

Similar to how Thibs won it in 2011 for installing a killer defensive mentality in a group of solid players led by Rose on offense. I think this similarity is what might trigger the stains so much. They always hated Rose because he took Lebron's MVP at the same time Lebron humilated himself with the decision.

Axe
03-24-2022, 07:56 PM
Similar to how Thibs won it in 2011 for installing a killer defensive mentality in a group of solid players led by Rose on offense. I think this similarity is what might trigger the stains so much. They always hated Rose because he took Lebron's MVP at the same time Lebron humilated himself with the decision.
At least there's a decent case for rose getting mvp that year. His team finished with the best record in the league, at 62 wins. That was probably influential to him winning his lone mvp award bt.

Morant's team, otoh, is only 2nd in their conference and they're more than five games behind phoenix. A team that's already winning 60 games this season. What's more, with the presence of embiid and jokic alongside the impacts they give to their respective teams, he doesn't have that much of a compelling case to garner said mvp award outside of "his team is so successful and has exceeded expectations this year" plus what i stated itt about him earlier.

ShawkFactory
03-24-2022, 08:11 PM

You're really gonna die on this hill? Just give it up.

k0kakw0rld
03-24-2022, 08:21 PM
FOH! His team has been winning without him playing.

PeroAntic
03-24-2022, 08:51 PM
At least there's a decent case for rose getting mvp that year. His team finished with the best record in the league, at 62 wins. That was probably influential to him winning his lone mvp award bt.

Morant's team, otoh, is only 2nd in their conference and they're more than five games behind phoenix. A team that's already winning 60 games this season. What's more, with the presence of embiid and jokic alongside the impacts they give to their respective teams, he doesn't have that much of a compelling case to garner said mvp award outside of "his team is so successful and has exceeded expectations this year" plus what i stated itt about him earlier.

Here are some facts:

- The first seeded team is loaded with stars (Booker, CP, Ayton). Memphis has only one star - Morant. Twist it however you want about coaches, tactics, players improving... nobody can deny the fact that Morant is the only star on that team in a league loaded with colluded star teams.

- Jokic and Embiid for all their impact still have led their teams to worse seeds. They may be better players than Morant, they may have more impact, but if their teams are mid tier teams, it doesn't mean shit. You put prime MJ on a kindergarten team in the league, if he wins one game against all odds showing how impactful he is to his team, it still doesn't make him MVP.

- finally, you sir, are a dingus. :lol

Spurs m8
03-24-2022, 09:02 PM
Here are some facts:

- The first seeded team is loaded with stars (Booker, CP, Ayton). Memphis has only one star - Morant. Twist it however you want about coaches, tactics, players improving... nobody can deny the fact that Morant is the only star on that team in a league loaded with colluded star teams.

- Jokic and Embiid for all their impact still have led their teams to worse seeds. They may be better players than Morant, they may have more impact, but if their teams are mid tier teams, it doesn't mean shit. You put prime MJ on a kindergarten team in the league, if he wins one game against all odds showing how impactful he is to his team, it still doesn't make him MVP.

That closing line

:roll::roll::roll:

Full Court
03-24-2022, 09:15 PM
You're really gonna die on this hill? Just give it up.

Hey, I'm pulling for Morant to win MVP. I really couldn't care less who disagrees and who doesn't like it.

tontoz
03-24-2022, 09:25 PM
Tonight's game :oldlol:

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/Screenshot_20220324-212426.jpg]

Axe
03-24-2022, 09:43 PM

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/Screenshot_20220324-212426.jpg]

Obliteration without their best player playing.

hold this L
03-24-2022, 09:51 PM
Don't think we've seen a team play so much better without their only star on the court compared to this one. They have a 70+ win record without Ja, heading towards 20% of the season sample size territory soon enough.

:biggums:

Full Court
03-24-2022, 10:05 PM

It's truly incredible how much Morant elevates his team, even when he's not on the court!

:lebronamazed:

Axe
03-24-2022, 10:08 PM
Here are some facts:

Poooooor casual. 💩

What's so hard to acknowledge about the fact that memphis has an excellent record (15-2 so far and still counting) without their best player playing in this season? They also lost the last time morant played, which was that game against the hawks without trae young earlier.

Oh, and just because he's the only 'star' in his team doesn't instantly mean that he already deserves it. Like i said, that one also depends on the player's outputs per game. Jokic and embiid are able to put up double/triple doubles on a regular basis in several games and their respective teams have paltry records in games they didn't play. Sad for you and your fellow casuals tho because the same thing can't be said for jajaja morant.

Lastly, for yall gay fans of using that homosexual word 'dingus', you can just lick my balls everytime you do for all i care.

hold this L
03-24-2022, 10:10 PM
Here are some facts:

Axe is definitely a dingus, but he's also right for once in his life.

Full Court
03-24-2022, 10:10 PM
Here are some facts:

Truer words have never been spoken. :roll:

PeroAntic
03-24-2022, 10:15 PM

Thats unreal shooting luck tbh.

Full Court
03-24-2022, 10:19 PM
Thats unreal shooting luck tbh.

Whoaaaaaaaaa, if they went 16-27 from three-point range..... that definitely means Morant shouldn't be MVP!!! Lol. :lol

tontoz
03-24-2022, 10:23 PM
Whoaaaaaaaaa, if they went 16-27 from three-point range..... that definitely means Morant shouldn't be MVP!!! Lol. :lol

They also out rebounded them by 24. What luck!

Full Court
03-24-2022, 10:23 PM
They also out rebounded them by 24. What luck!

It's almost like the Pacer....... are tanking.

1987_Lakers
03-24-2022, 10:42 PM

Mo Morant, no difference.

Full Court
03-24-2022, 10:51 PM
Mo Morant, no difference.

Just like your boy Bronie. ;)

RRR3
03-24-2022, 11:32 PM
Don't think we've seen a team play so much better without their only star on the court compared to this one. They have a 70+ win record without Ja, heading towards 20% of the season sample size territory soon enough.

:biggums:
The fact that people are aware of this and still insisting he’s MVP is proof ISH is full of braindead people.

AlternativeAcc.
03-24-2022, 11:33 PM
Morant is the LVP

Holding the Grizzlies back.

Another huge blowout without him

74 win pace

tontoz
03-24-2022, 11:38 PM
It's almost like the Pacer....... are tanking.

They are pretty selective about the games they decide to tank. :lol

Spurs m8
03-25-2022, 12:09 AM
Can someone enlighten me, as to why all the Bronies are so upset by Morant?

PeroAntic
03-25-2022, 04:24 PM
The fact that people are aware of this and still insisting he’s MVP is proof ISH is full of braindead people.

There is a flaw in each MVP candidate's claim. Nobody is clear cut deserving of it, so stfu with the absolutism.

tontoz
03-25-2022, 04:32 PM
For the record Rose missed only 1 game the year he won MVP. If he had missed 18 games i seriously doubt he would have been the MVP regardless of the Bulls record without him.

Over the last 6 games Morant has missed Memphis has won them all by a combined 126 points. :lol

AlternativeAcc.
03-25-2022, 04:33 PM
There is a flaw in each MVP candidate's claim. Nobody is clear cut deserving of it, so stfu with the absolutism.

The guy whose missed 18 games while his team has won almost every one of them isn't an actual candidate and will get zero top 3 votes.

RRR3
03-25-2022, 07:21 PM
Name a flaw in Jokic’s MVP candidacy without making yourself look like a moron. I’ll wait.

And btw I’m not sure what flaws Jokic or Embiid or Giannis’ MVP candidacy requires since Jokic and Embiid’s team requires them to play to be even good and Giannis’ team, while good, requires him to play to be great. Morant has been relatively irrelevant to the Grizzlies success due to his horrid defense. Great scorer though.

PeroAntic
03-26-2022, 06:24 AM
Name a flaw in Jokic’s MVP candidacy without making yourself look like a moron. I’ll wait.

And btw I’m not sure what flaws Jokic or Embiid or Giannis’ MVP candidacy requires since Jokic and Embiid’s team requires them to play to be even good and Giannis’ team, while good, requires him to play to be great. Morant has been relatively irrelevant to the Grizzlies success due to his horrid defense. Great scorer though.

Jokic's team is sixth seed.

And individual defense by a pointguard is a luxury and barely factors.

Full Court
03-26-2022, 08:14 AM
Can someone enlighten me, as to why all the Bronies are so upset by Morant?

Insecurity.

They get upset by Wilt Chamberlain too. And Steph Curry. :lol

Shogon
03-26-2022, 08:27 AM
Insecurity.

They get upset by Wilt Chamberlain too. And Steph Curry. :lol

Wilt was dead before you were even an itch in your dad's balls. You don't know shit about Wilt, lol.

Jasper
03-26-2022, 10:17 AM
ja w/a 24 per isn't even in the discussion(.)

/

RRR3
03-26-2022, 10:37 AM
Jokic's team is sixth seed.

And individual defense by a pointguard is a luxury and barely factors.
I clearly said WITHOUT making yourself look like a moron.

His best teammate is Aaron Gordon and they get killed whenever he’s not on the floor. It’s incredible he has them where he has them with his second and third option both injured basically all year.

FireDavidKahn
03-26-2022, 11:26 AM
Memphis is the most stacked team in the league. If you take names out of the picture and simply look at production, no one comes close to the Grizzlies. You take out Ja and they are still elite.

PeroAntic
03-26-2022, 01:02 PM
I clearly said WITHOUT making yourself look like a moron.

His best teammate is Aaron Gordon and they get killed whenever he’s not on the floor. It’s incredible he has them where he has them with his second and third option both injured basically all year.

Right, so being sixth seed doesn't have any implications on MVP claim because circumstances, but Ja's claim should definitely be ruled out because of... circumstances. At least keep a logically coherent argument ffs.

RRR3
03-26-2022, 10:09 PM
Right, so being sixth seed doesn't have any implications on MVP claim because circumstances, but Ja's claim should definitely be ruled out because of... circumstances. At least keep a logically coherent argument ffs.
You’re truly one of the stupidest posters on here. The Grizzlies are about to be 17-2 without Morant. The Nuggets would be the worst team in the league without Jokic.

tontoz
03-26-2022, 10:42 PM
They just blew out the bucks with Giannis and Middleton playing. :roll:

RRR3
03-26-2022, 10:44 PM
They just blew out the bucks with Giannis and Middleton playing. :roll:
Notice it's only the stupidest posters on ISH claiming Ja is MVP worthy.

AlternativeAcc.
03-26-2022, 10:47 PM
Tyus Jones is the most underrated player in the league and Morant is by far the most overrated.

Morant should be coming off the bench

Axe
03-26-2022, 11:47 PM
Looks like the lesser morant plays, the more games his team wins. :confusedshrug:

Plus like what has been mentioned here earlier, the grizzlies still lost the last time he played lmfao. Anyway it seems taylor jenkins has a big case in winning coty soon.

PeroAntic
03-27-2022, 07:14 AM
You’re truly one of the stupidest posters on here. The Grizzlies are about to be 17-2 without Morant. The Nuggets would be the worst team in the league without Jokic.

If max they can get with the MVP is sixth seed doesn't matter if they are the worst team in the world without him. Sixth seeds don't get MVP, get it through your dumb head.

tontoz
03-27-2022, 09:01 AM
If max they can get with the MVP is sixth seed doesn't matter if they are the worst team in the world without him. Sixth seeds don't get MVP, get it through your dumb head.

Westbrook won as the 6th seed lol.

The voters aren't looking at seedings. Denver is only 1.5 games out of 4th. Player impact and team record matters. Denver is 13 games over .500 missing their 2nd and 3rd best players. Their record helps joker's case.

PeroAntic
03-27-2022, 09:13 AM
Westbrook won as the 6th seed lol.

The voters aren't looking at seedings. Denver is only 1.5 games out of 4th. Player impact and team record matters. Denver is 13 games over .500 missing their 2nd and 3rd best players. Their record helps joker's case.

I am fairly certain Westbrook was fourth seed then, but I may be wrong. Either way he won it because of unprecedented triple-double average and a few clutch shots. Also, Jokic has won it already last year. If he can get to 3-4 seed he should win but not as 6 seed with a worse win percentage than last year.

tontoz
03-27-2022, 09:29 AM
I am fairly certain Westbrook was fourth seed then, but I may be wrong. Either way he won it because of unprecedented triple-double average and a few clutch shots. Also, Jokic has won it already last year. If he can get to 3-4 seed he should win but not as 6 seed with a worse win percentage than last year.

As usual you are wrong. OKC was the 6 seed in 2017 with a record worse than Denver's right now.

Last season Murray averaged 21/5/4 with a 59% TS.
Last season MPJ averaged 19/7 with a 63% TS.

That is 40 ppg of efficient scoring they haven't had all season but they are still 13 games over .500 thanks to an epic season by Jokic.

PeroAntic
03-27-2022, 09:34 AM
As usual you are wrong. OKC was the 6 seed in 2017 with a record worse than Denver's right now.

Last season Murray averaged 21/5/4 with a 59% TS.
Last season MPJ averaged 19/7 with a 63% TS.

That is 40 ppg of efficient scoring they haven't had all season but they are still 13 games over .500 thanks to an epic season by Jokic.

The other points about Westbrooks MVP season stand. As for Denver, hey maybe the rest of the players improved. Isnt that the argument in Morant's case?

after all Jokic scores and assists the same as last season and the Nuggets only dropped from 117 to 114 ortg

tontoz
03-27-2022, 09:50 AM
The other points about Westbrooks MVP season stand. As for Denver, hey maybe the rest of the players improved. Isnt that the argument in Morant's case?

after all Jokic scores and assists the same as last season and the Nuggets only dropped from 117 to 114 ortg

You really are slow. Jaren Jackson Jr didn't play last season. He is currently leading the league in blocks and is on the.short list of DPOY candidates.

Jaren Jackson Jr., Grizzlies
Jackson has always been an elite rim protector, but he's blocking more shots than ever and, more importantly, fouling less than ever. He's likely going to lead the league in blocks, and he's been even stingier than both Williams and Gobert when it comes to locking down the paint, holding opponents to 49.3 percent shooting at the rim.

Jackson is unique in that he splits his minutes at power forward and center. He's agile enough to defend the 3-point line when sharing the court with Steven Adams while still being able to do stuff like this when he's the lone big:

Jackson prides himself on his versatility. He proved that recently in welcoming switches onto Kevin Durant down the stretch of the Grizzlies' win over the Nets.

It feels like the game has slowed down for Jackson in a big way this season, and the Grizzlies wouldn't have one of the best defenses in the league without him.

No surprise here, but Ja Morant has been leading the DPOY push for Jackson.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-defensive-player-year-odds-awards-race/c08yszwqibgtfewf7wtapitv

Full Court
03-27-2022, 10:54 AM
Wilt was dead before you were even an itch in your dad's balls. You don't know shit about Wilt, lol.

I know that you and your fellow Bronies get your panties all knotted up over him. :lol

ShawkFactory
03-27-2022, 11:45 AM
Hey, I'm pulling for Morant to win MVP. I really couldn't care less who disagrees and who doesn't like it.

It’s not about people disagreeing or not liking your take. No one gives a shit :lol

The Grizzlies being this good without him doesn’t disqualify him from MVP talks, nor does it mean that he’s not an amazing and valuable player. It just somewhat invalidates the whole “But look at the record he’s lead the griz to!” arguments.

AlternativeAcc.
03-27-2022, 11:48 AM
It’s not about people disagreeing or not liking your take. No one gives a shit :lol

The Grizzlies being this good without him doesn’t disqualify him from MVP talks, nor does it mean that he’s not an amazing and valuable player. It just somewhat invalidates the whole “But look at the record he’s lead the griz to!” arguments.

Of course him missing 20 games and his team winning nearly all of them disqualifies him. By definition that means he's not all that valuable.

PeroAntic
03-27-2022, 11:57 AM
Of course him missing 20 games and his team winning nearly all of them disqualifies him. By definition that means he's not all that valuable.
You should definitely get the MTBM award, that is, Most Triggered Bronie by Morant :lol

jayfan
03-27-2022, 12:05 PM
Tyus Jones is the most underrated player in the league

This is true. I loved his game coming out of college and was repping him to all who would listen. Glad to see he's making me look smart.

AlternativeAcc.
03-27-2022, 12:06 PM
You should definitely get the MTBM award, that is, Most Triggered Bronie by Morant :lol

I like low hanging fruit.

Shitting on you idiots who think he's an actual MVP candidate with his team being significantly better without him, and him missing more than 1/4th of the season is just too easy. I can't say no.

Me jumping on your retarded skull is incredibly fun. Triggered implies there's some sort of anger but I'm in a state of play. I love these morant threads... it's never been easier :lol

tontoz
03-27-2022, 12:10 PM
Even if we set aside their record without him, when was the last time someone won MVP missing 20 games?

AlternativeAcc.
03-27-2022, 12:18 PM
Even if we set aside their record without him, when was the last time someone won MVP missing 20 games?

It's been over 40 years when the league was dying :lol

That's the point. Even if they were like 10-10 he still wouldn't have a case over Jokic, embiid, or Giannis. I mean there's several other way more deserving candidates as well... but he's not even remotely close to the big 3.

The 17-2 thing just makes it beyond laughable. :oldlol:

tontoz
03-27-2022, 12:20 PM
Over the last 20 years the most games missed by a MVP was 10 by Harden.

Shogon
03-27-2022, 02:05 PM
There are two camps of Ja for MVP... absolute morons, of which there are multiple in this thread, and people that are baiting/trolling, of which there are multiple in this thread.

But either way, they're all morons.

AirBonner
03-27-2022, 02:25 PM
There are two camps of Ja for MVP... absolute morons, of which there are multiple in this thread, and people that are baiting/trolling, of which there are multiple in this thread.

But either way, they're all morons.

Only one of them has a bowl cut

GrayGoat
03-27-2022, 02:35 PM
Only one of them has a bowl cut

:milton

Axe
03-27-2022, 08:17 PM
I like low hanging fruit.

Shitting on you idiots who think he's an actual MVP candidate with his team being significantly better without him, and him missing more than 1/4th of the season is just too easy. I can't say no.

Me jumping on your retarded skull is incredibly fun. Triggered implies there's some sort of anger but I'm in a state of play. I love these morant threads... it's never been easier :lol
Ether *mic drop*

Full Court
03-27-2022, 11:02 PM
Even though Jokic deserves MVP the most, I'm pulling for Morant all the way.

JA MORANT FOR MVP!

:crazysam:

Can you even imagine the meltdowns that would follow???? :roll:

Spurs m8
03-27-2022, 11:04 PM

JA MORANT FOR MVP!

The icing on the cake from 12 months of melting bron stans

1987_Lakers
04-01-2022, 10:23 PM

JA MORANT FOR MVP!

Imagine thinking Morant winning MVP is even a possibility at this point. :roll:

insight
04-01-2022, 10:35 PM
Morant for MVC!
Most valuable Cheerleader!

Axe
04-01-2022, 10:36 PM
Morant for MVC!
Most valuable Cheerleader!
:yaohappy:

RRR3
04-01-2022, 11:19 PM
20-2 without him beat the best team in the league lmfao he makes them worse

PeroAntic
04-02-2022, 06:19 AM
20-2 without him beat the best team in the league lmfao he makes them worse

Memphis without Morant ARE the best team in the world (and in history). smh

tontoz
04-02-2022, 08:40 AM

PeroAntic
04-02-2022, 08:49 AM
Since then your analytical and prediction skills changed my mind. Obviously Memphis without Ja is the best team ever. The record proves it.

Full Court
04-02-2022, 09:37 AM
You guys have convinced me. I'm no longer pulling for Morant for MVP. Now it's Desmond Bane all the way!

Desmond Bane for MVP!!!

Shogon
04-02-2022, 09:41 AM
Here's what I don't get...

He's very clearly not the best player in the world.

His team wins with or without him, arguably better without him.

So... he's not the best... his team wins without him... what argument does he have for MVP? Why are you retards doubling down? Is it just as simple as the fact that you're retarded or......... what, exactly?

You guys are beyond brain dead.

You are literal walking wastes of resources. The planet as a whole is worse because you exist.

There are people of average intelligence in poor countries that would make us all better off if they had your resources instead of you having them. You are literal wastes and drags on society as a whole.

You offer nothing. You produce nothing except idiocy and dragging us all down. You consume and you spew idiocy. That's all you do. Literally. And you're too stupid to see it. Not that it's your fault that you're stupid, but one would hope you at least had a smidge of humility, which you obviously do not.

Stop posting.

Leave.

1987_Lakers
04-02-2022, 09:42 AM
Will Morant make an All-NBA Team?

PeroAntic
04-02-2022, 09:52 AM
Here's what I don't get...

He's very clearly not the best player in the world.

His team wins with or without him, arguably better without him.

So... he's not the best... his team wins without him... what argument does he have for MVP? Why are you retards doubling down? Is it just as simple as the fact that you're retarded or......... what, exactly?

You guys are beyond brain dead.

You are literal walking wastes of resources. The planet as a whole is worse because you exist.

There are people of average intelligence in poor countries that would make us all better off if they had your resources instead of you having them. You are literal wastes and drags on society as a whole.

You offer nothing. You produce nothing except idiocy and dragging us all down. You consume and you spew idiocy. That's all you do. Literally. And you're too stupid to see it. Not that it's your fault that you're stupid, but one would hope you at least had a smidge of humility, which you obviously do not.

Stop posting.

Leave.

How about saving one of these tirades to the imbeciles who say he shouldn't be a starter on the Grizzlies? Because if you were objective as you pretend to be you would quickly see that if there is a middle ground to this debate, these bums are much further from it.

1987_Lakers
04-02-2022, 09:53 AM
How about saving one of these tirades to the imbeciles who say he shouldn't be a starter on the Grizzlies? Because if you were objective as you pretend to be you would quickly see that if there is a middle ground to this debate, these bums are much further from it.

Serious question, is Morant still your MVP?

PeroAntic
04-02-2022, 09:55 AM
Serious question, is Morant still your MVP?

Serious question, should Morant start from the bench?

1987_Lakers
04-02-2022, 09:57 AM

Obviously no. Now answer my question please.

tontoz
04-02-2022, 10:26 AM

How exactly can a player start from the bench? :lol

PeroAntic
04-02-2022, 11:16 AM
How exactly can a player start from the bench? :lol

Its ok buddy, we know youre the smartest person here at this point. youve proven yourself, you can relax now.

Shogon
04-02-2022, 11:21 AM
Its ok buddy, we know youre the smartest person here at this point. youve proven yourself, you can relax now.

tontoz
04-02-2022, 11:39 AM

Not sure about that but i think we've established you definitely are NOT the smartest person here. :lol

PeroAntic
04-02-2022, 11:49 AM
Obviously no. Now answer my question please.

As I said for me the entertainment and innovation factors a great deal. Ja is by far the player with the biggest wow factor in the league. So just based on that and his numbers hes the MVP for me, considering his team has been successful. But I recognize he missed too many games to be voted and I'm fine with that. The whole 'team plays better without him' is bs. Their success is to a massive part due to chemistry and team spirit, and as the leader hes been crucial in installing confidence in them.

1987_Lakers
04-02-2022, 11:52 AM
As I said for me the entertainment and innovation factors a great deal. Ja is by far the player with the biggest wow factor in the league. So just based on that and his numbers hes the MVP for me, considering his team has been successful. But I recognize he missed too many games to be voted and I'm fine with that. The whole 'team plays better without him' is bs. Their success is to a massive part due to chemistry and team spirit, and as the leader hes been crucial in installing confidence in them.

Not surprising coming from a D-Rose stan.

PeroAntic
04-02-2022, 11:57 AM

Not surprising coming from a D-Rose stan.
Very insightful conclusion, providing strong competition to the wizards fan for smartest guy in the room award.

Of course if I start rambling about analytics, VORPs and RAPTORs I would sound more sophisticated or objective or whatever. But virtue signaling is not my goal here. I don't care what people think of me. AFAIK there are fixed criteria about MVP so Im free to choose mine, and youre free to **** off ;)

1987_Lakers
04-02-2022, 12:01 PM
Very insightful conclusion, providing strong competition to the wizards fan for smartest guy in the room award.

Of course if I start rambling about analytics, VORPs and RAPTORs I would sound more sophisticated or objective or whatever. But virtue signaling is not my goal here. I don't care what people think of me. AFAIK there are fixed criteria about MVP so Im free to choose mine, and youre free to **** off ;)

Your conclusion to why he is MVP is retarded. "Wow factor and numbers". When in reality there are a handful of guys with better numbers.

PeroAntic
04-02-2022, 12:06 PM
Your conclusion to why he is MVP is retarded. "Wow factor and numbers". When in reality there are a handful of guys with better numbers.

Thats why I said wow factor AND numbers, not just numbers. Duh.

1987_Lakers
04-02-2022, 12:08 PM
Thats why I said wow factor AND numbers, not just numbers. Duh.

You sound like Skip Bayless.

"He has the wow factor, easily my MVP". Seriously, what you just said sounds like something Kendrick Perkins would say on ESPN.

PeroAntic
04-02-2022, 12:48 PM
You sound like Skip Bayless.

"He has the wow factor, easily my MVP". Seriously, what you just said sounds like something Kendrick Perkins would say on ESPN.

I have no idea what Skip Bayless or Kendrick Perkins say and I don't care. But lets say youre right. So? Should we just hear about BPM and VORP bullshit over and over again? Are you watching sports or scrolling Excel sheets? You think you figured out some deeper truth?

All these clowns desperate to be seen as 'original' and 'independent' thinkers, going against the 'mainstream narrative'. Newsflash, the mainstream narrative isn't that Ja should be MVP. I have my own philosophy when it comes to evaluating players and i dont give a shit what you think about it

tontoz
04-02-2022, 12:56 PM
I have no idea what Skip Bayless or Kendrick Perkins say and I don't care. But lets say youre right. So? Should we just hear about BPM and VORP bullshit over and over again? Are you watching sports or scrolling Excel sheets? You think you figured out some deeper truth?

All these clowns desperate to be seen as 'original' and 'independent' thinkers, going against the 'mainstream narrative'. Newsflash, the mainstream narrative isn't that Ja should be MVP. I have my own philosophy when it comes to evaluating players and i dont give a shit what you think about it

Earlier in the thread you said that advanced stats were part of the case for Morant being the MVP. Are you now saying advanced stats don't matter?

Full Court
04-02-2022, 01:20 PM

I agree with you. The "data driven" obsession that has bled over into basketball takes away the soul of the sport. There are too many intangibles that can be quantified. That's why to me the eye test trumps advanced stats.

PeroAntic
04-02-2022, 01:23 PM
Earlier in the thread you said that advanced stats were part of the case for Morant being the MVP. Are you now saying advanced stats don't matter?

No, you and the rest of the sophisticated brigade are saying the eye test doesn't matter, only advanced stats matter. And Morants advanced stats are excellent, having other players with better advanced stats doesnt change that.

Try again.

1987_Lakers
04-02-2022, 01:23 PM

You just said you could use advanced stats to back up your claims but now those same advanced stats are BS. :oldlol:

1987_Lakers
04-02-2022, 01:24 PM
No, you and the rest of the sophisticated brigade are saying the eye test doesn't matter, only advanced stats matter. And Morants advanced stats are excellent, having other players with better advanced stats doesnt change that.

Try again.

You know what the eye test tells me? They are 20-2 without Morant.

tontoz
04-02-2022, 01:30 PM

Try again.

The eye test tells me he has great highlights but winning basketball is about a lot more than acrobatic finishes in the lane.

When another players advanced stats are literally double Morant's that does change the MVP conversation.

Axe
04-02-2022, 05:54 PM
You know what the eye test tells me? They are 20-2 without Morant.
https://media.tenor.com/images/9490be310c76e661ad7c172593abb863/tenor.gif

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2022, 04:43 PM

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2022, 04:44 PM

also, big FU op, I started this campaign a long time ago. You dont get to take the credit.

:roll::roll:

PeroAntic
05-14-2022, 04:54 PM
:roll::roll:

Imagine the miserable life this bum has. :(

AlternativeAcc.
05-14-2022, 05:06 PM
Imagine the miserable life this bum has. :(

Imagine stanning Melo, drose, and morant... you should apply for make a wish so you can meet one of them. Wait.... you're a 40 year old ugly dude..not a kid... nevermind, just kill yourself instead :oldlol:

PeroAntic
05-14-2022, 05:17 PM
Imagine stanning Melo, drose, and morant... you should apply for make a wish so you can meet one of them. Wait.... you're a 40 year old ugly dude..not a kid... nevermind, just kill yourself instead :oldlol:

Better than staning Bran, dipshit.

Full Court
05-14-2022, 05:20 PM
Way #247 how to put Bronies in a meltdown: Talk about Morant for MVP. :roll: