PDA

View Full Version : Who is the worst player you would have to put on a franchises all time starting 5?

Kblaze8855
03-14-2022, 09:27 AM
Difficult question I know but perhaps some of you are as weird as I am and have to figure it out when asked.

Im thinking….it may have to be whoever you start at power forward for the Magic. The best 4 in their 30 years is probably mildly past his prime Horace Grant isn’t it?

Anyones all time starting 5 gonna have a worse player than slowly declining Horace(who I admit killed us in 95 for the record)?

Does Minnesota have a 3 you’re proud to mention? KG and Googs both played it a little but aren’t known as small forwards. Sprewell splitting time? Wiggins the same? Shit Jimmy Butler? Part time. He’d get the spot I guess. Jimmy is too good for such a list.

Its gotta be the Magic 4 no matter who you place there right?

sdot_thadon
03-14-2022, 09:35 AM
Difficult question I know but perhaps some of you are as weird as I am and have to figure it out when asked.

Im thinking….it may have to be whoever you start at power forward for the Magic. The best 4 in their 30 years is probably mildly past his prime Horace Grant isn’t it?

Anyones all time starting 5 gonna have a worse player than slowly declining Horace(who I admit killed us in 95 for the record)?

Does Minnesota have a 3 you’re proud to mention? KG and Googs both played it a little but aren’t known as small forwards. Sprewell splitting time? Wiggins the same? Shit Jimmy Butler? Part time. He’d get the spot I guess. Jimmy is too good for such a list.

Before I clicked and read the Op I had Horace, but I feel like we can do worse, just gotta sit on this one for a bit. Bobcats maybe?

SouBeachTalents
03-14-2022, 09:35 AM
Ok, for an all time team he's nothing to fall in love with, but Grant actually played well in those playoff runs with Shaq in Orlando, and was instrumental in knocking off the Bulls in '95. He was having his best playoff series statistically on Orlando. Besides, if you don't like him, you could go with Rashard Lewis.

I would assume teams like the Hornets, Pelicans & Wolves would have some laughable options for their all-time lineups.

Kblaze8855
03-14-2022, 09:44 AM
Well that depends on which lineage you give the bobcats. Technically Charlotte left and became the New Orleans Hornets and now pelicans which would give them

Chris Paul/Baron
Eddie Jones
Glen Rice
AD/Larry Johnson
Zo

Or maybe give Charlotte the expansion Bobcats to the current renamed Hornets giving them

Kemba/Lamelo
Stephen Jackson
Gerald Wallace/Hayward

Al Jefferson

Im not sure if they have the hole at the 4 or not because of Larry Johnson. Charlotte keep Larry or is Larry on the pelicans?

The pelicans don’t need him with AD.

Real Men Wear Green
03-14-2022, 10:19 AM
I am not going to come up with an all-time starting five for every team and then pick the worst player. But, question: Who is the greatest center in Raptor history? Counting Bosh as a 4.

Shogon
03-14-2022, 10:21 AM
I am pretty sure there is a worse player that meets this criteria than Juwan Howard.

Kblaze8855
03-14-2022, 10:23 AM
Davis, Camby, or Jonas I suppose. I’d probably take Horace over the Raptors version of all three of those players.

Shogon
03-14-2022, 10:24 AM
And besides Juwan, I can't believe I didn't think of Rashard Lewis right away. Dude was still balling in Orlando at the PF spot.

edit: Rashard made an All-Star team @ the PF with the Magic.

Kblaze8855
03-14-2022, 10:35 AM
Eeeeeeeh. 95 Horace was better than Orlando Lewis. Not for todays game but just generally I’d say. Though it’s possible I’m forgetting how good Lewis was when he first arrived from Seattle. I feel like the drop off was kind of precipitous but I have not looked into it. I just have nightmares of Horace in the playoffs that year.

Shogon
03-14-2022, 10:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00YtKMbjitA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_oUILdXwpU

Shogon
03-14-2022, 10:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXy51IiFwlU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ILgGqgzOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xYSHx3X7cU

Yeah... no.

FultzNationRISE
03-14-2022, 10:41 AM
Cavs are pretty putrid at every spot but SF.

Lakers and Heat arent too impressive either.

2ball
03-14-2022, 10:44 AM

Allstars Mo Williams and big Z say hi

SouBeachTalents
03-14-2022, 10:50 AM
I'm sure there are players I can't think of, but there are several spots that seem extremely weak to me

Nets frontcourt: You could put KD at the 4, but if not, who are you putting here? Buck Williams or Kenyon, Brook Lopez

Grizzlies backcourt: Ja's the point, but who are your wings? Rudy Gay, Mike Miller, Tony Allen or Battier if you want elite defense

Pacers backcourt: You'd have Reggie & PG, but who's your point? Mark Jackson I guess

And as already pointed out, the Raptors center if Bosh plays the 4. Camby would be my choice there

Kblaze8855
03-14-2022, 11:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXy51IiFwlU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ILgGqgzOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xYSHx3X7cU

Yeah... no.

Eh. I’ve seen a lot of guys do 18 a game with no other contribution I wouldn’t take over 1995 Horace. But again I’m a bit wounded. I took that 95 loss harder than maybe any in my life. And Horace was absolutely the difference. I want to find my cousin right now almost 30 years later to remind him that Horace had more to do with that win than Penny who he swore was coming for Jordan.

RogueBorg
03-14-2022, 11:01 AM

Never thought of it like this. Is Horace Grant really the Magic's best power forward of all-time? I guess so, pretty sad.

RogueBorg
03-14-2022, 11:04 AM

I don't know, Lebron's mom is kinda fond of Cleveland's point guard position.

FultzNationRISE
03-14-2022, 11:10 AM
I don't know, Lebron's mom is kinda fond of Cleveland's point guard position.

HIS MOM NEVER SLEPT WITH ANY Of HIS TEAMMATES

RogueBorg
03-14-2022, 11:14 AM
HIS MOM NEVER SLEPT WITH ANY Of HIS TEAMMATES

I wouldn't exactly call it "slept with," more like "banged by."

ShawkFactory
03-14-2022, 11:21 AM
The Hawks actually have a way more respectable starting lineup than their success (or lack thereof) may have some believe.

PG: Trae (already counting him)
SG: Maravich/Lou Hudson
SF: Dominique
PF: Pettit
C: Mutumbo

There's not really a clear worse player here. Maybe with Deke, Maravich, and Trae you could point to lack of longevity with the team.

sdot_thadon
03-14-2022, 07:15 PM
Shooting guard for the grizzlies? Mike Miller? Tony Allen?

L.Kizzle
03-14-2022, 07:22 PM
Grizzlies.

Kawhi_Why_Not
03-14-2022, 07:28 PM
Who do raptors have at power forward? Siakam isn't any better then Horace Grant, probably worse.

Also point guard for kings your going with like mike bibby lol unless you count pre sac era

Don't really see much for clippers starting frontcourt either. Maybe deandre Jordan

SouBeachTalents
03-14-2022, 07:33 PM
Who do raptors have at power forward? Siakam isn't any better then Horace Grant, probably worse.

Also point guard for kings your going with like mike bibby lol unless you count pre sac era

Don't really see much for clippers starting frontcourt either. Maybe deandre Jordan
Are you serious :lol

And yes, if we're going through the entire franchise's history, Oscar's the obvious choice for the Kings.

And the Clippers frontcourt would be fine, you could go McAdoo/Brand.

sdot_thadon
03-14-2022, 07:36 PM

Bosh?

L.Kizzle
03-14-2022, 07:41 PM
The Hawks actually have a way more respectable starting lineup than their success (or lack thereof) may have some believe.

PG: Trae (already counting him)
SG: Maravich/Lou Hudson
SF: Dominique
PF: Pettit
C: Mutumbo

There's not really a clear worse player here. Maybe with Deke, Maravich, and Trae you could point to lack of longevity with the team.
Lenny Wilkins

L.Kizzle
03-14-2022, 07:43 PM

Oscar Robertson and Tiny Archibald for King PGs man.
Danny Manning, Elton Brand, Blake Clippers front court. He'll, Chris Kaman was an all star for them at one time.

Kawhi_Why_Not
03-14-2022, 07:53 PM
Are you serious :lol

And yes, if we're going through the entire franchise's history, Oscar's the obvious choice for the Kings.

And the Clippers frontcourt would be fine, you could go McAdoo/Brand.

That's right. Bosh's raptors career is really easy to forget.

LA Clippers and Sac Kings are still pretty damn shitty unless you go pre LA or pre Sac.

Kaman, Denadre, Bibby, Jason Williams.

That's awful

999Guy
03-15-2022, 03:31 AM
I'm sure there are players I can't think of, but there are several spots that seem extremely weak to me

Nets frontcourt: You could put KD at the 4, but if not, who are you putting here? Buck Williams or Kenyon, Brook Lopez

Grizzlies backcourt: Ja's the point, but who are your wings? Rudy Gay, Mike Miller, Tony Allen or Battier if you want elite defense

Pacers backcourt: You'd have Reggie & PG, but who's your point? Mark Jackson I guess

And as already pointed out, the Raptors center if Bosh plays the 4. Camby would be my choice there

Ja’s not better than Peak Conley.

RRR3
03-15-2022, 03:37 AM
He will be.

iamgine
03-15-2022, 04:44 AM
T-Wolves Shooting Guard

Real Men Wear Green
03-15-2022, 09:25 AM
T-Wolves Shooting Guard

Spree? Nah.

SouBeachTalents
03-15-2022, 09:30 AM
Spree? Nah.
If I’m making a Wolves backcourt, I’m prob going Cassell/Butler/Spree, though you could maybe put Wally or Wiggins instead. Not great options regardless :lol

iamgine
03-15-2022, 09:34 AM
Spree? Nah.

Didn't he play SF his first year in Minny? And was really bad when he played SG his second year?

L.Kizzle
03-15-2022, 11:09 AM
He's already better.

Kblaze8855
03-15-2022, 11:11 AM
Peak Conley is a borderline all star. Still improving Ja is a borderline mvp candidate.