PDA

View Full Version : Recent 50+ Point Exposions

MannyO
03-17-2022, 09:32 PM
Whats happening lately? Everyone is getting 50+

Tonight I saw that SADDIQ BEY dropped 51 against Orlando LOL.

Add that to the list of random 50 point games.

This almost diminishes Kyrie's 60 lol... almost.

But its crazy, multiple 50+ games in less than 2 weeks.

Shogon
03-17-2022, 09:56 PM
Overall offensive skill by individual players is probably the highest it has ever been.

More players than ever shoot the three ball which leads to wide open lanes.

Combined with the above point, rule changes have made perimeter defense a damn near thing of the past in a lot of circumstances.

Cold soul
03-17-2022, 10:33 PM
Whats happening lately? Everyone is getting 50+

Tonight I saw that SADDIQ BEY dropped 51 against Orlando LOL.

Add that to the list of random 50 point games.

This almost diminishes Kyrie's 60 lol... almost.

But its crazy, multiple 50+ games in less than 2 weeks.

Yeah it's been crazy lately so many players having been going off with huge scoring nights.

Full Court
03-17-2022, 10:38 PM
:confusedshrug:

50 is the new 20.

Seriously though, teams are slacking waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off on defense since the all star break.

Cold soul
03-17-2022, 10:39 PM
:confusedshrug:

50 is the new 20.

Seriously though, teams are slacking waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off on defense since the all star break.

It sure seems like it.

RRR3
03-17-2022, 10:40 PM
Saddiq Bey :biggums:

Kblaze8855
03-17-2022, 10:40 PM
I saw something on Facebook about some record being broken as far as the frequency and that was only like a week ago and I think there have been four since.

I don’t remember if it was last year or not but I made a topic on the coming fall of Jordan’s playoff record. It may be this year. Too many people are scoring too much but ok comfortably. And in playoff games you don’t give up just because you’re down or play limited minutes.

warriorfan
03-17-2022, 10:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_9gGorAfqI

ClipperRevival
03-17-2022, 10:55 PM
The number of 40+ games right now is historically high, at least dating back to 1991.

https://www.axios.com/nba-40-point-games-record-bcdf6727-2d0c-4fe4-8a0a-e4c5210deb88.html

ClipperRevival
03-17-2022, 10:59 PM
Overall offensive skill by individual players is probably the highest it has ever been.

Combined with the above point, rule changes have made perimeter defense a damn near thing of the past in a lot of circumstances.

You can't call it just skill. That would be like saying Matthew Stafford is a better QB than Dan Marino because he has better stats.

You have to consider the era, rules and who it favors. Right now, just like bball, the NFL has handicapped the D and they simply aren't allowed to be physical and touch anyone. That's why all QBs are throwing for 4,000 yards when it was a rare feat back in the days.

L.Kizzle
03-17-2022, 11:27 PM

Nah. Wtf is Saddiq Bey tho? Does he even start.

He had a double-double at that.

L.Kizzle
03-17-2022, 11:37 PM
Saddiq Bey :biggums:
His previous career high was 34 points.
Anybody can score these days.

3ba11
03-17-2022, 11:42 PM

^^^ that's it - players aren't better but they use a strategy (threes) that makes the game easier (spacing.. easy scoring)

wagexslave
03-18-2022, 05:36 AM
Safe to say the players have adapted to those Wilson basketballs.

Axe
03-18-2022, 08:15 AM
Here's hoping ben simmons will get his own also someday.

Shogon
03-18-2022, 08:52 AM
You can't call it just skill. That would be like saying Matthew Stafford is a better QB than Dan Marino because he has better stats.

You have to consider the era, rules and who it favors. Right now, just like bball, the NFL has handicapped the D and they simply aren't allowed to be physical and touch anyone. That's why all QBs are throwing for 4,000 yards when it was a rare feat back in the days.

Did you even read my post?

I didn't say it was JUST skill.

I said it was 1) all time high skill, 2) widespread adoption of three point shooting which significantly opens up the floor for drives to the basket AND 3) bullshit perimeter defense rules.

There is no doubt that many modern players would have a hard time adjusting to significantly more physical play with a cramped up around the basket floor to work with, and some of them wouldn't ever be able to adjust... but that doesn't mean individual offense isn't at its highest skill level ever, because it is.

You can say product of era... but the fact is players are better shooters now all over the floor than they used to be, the overall league is as athletic as ever, and the overall skill level except in the post is just... higher.

Of course you can look back at certain players and say "ha! pistol pete would dominate in this era! wilt would cram it down everyone's throat! bill russell would still dominate! magic would be the best pg in the league today! mj would be the best sg by a mile!" and I'm not going to argue the point. I'm talking about your overall prototypical NBA player. They are better than they used to be.

RogueBorg
03-18-2022, 09:03 AM

Everything you said was true :applause:

Shogon
03-18-2022, 09:05 AM
Everything you said was true :applause:

lol, trolling ****ing loser. blocked.

RogueBorg
03-18-2022, 09:34 AM
lol, trolling ****ing loser. blocked.

LOL, this is how I viewed your post

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/50940808.jpg