PDA

View Full Version : BAD FIT = SKILL DEFICIT.. If a player can truly "do it all", they don't have bad fits

3ba11
03-18-2022, 05:45 PM
Jordan could do it all because his on-ball/off-ball game fit with everyone and allowed the best strategy (equal-opportunity ball movement).. He could get 40 running off screens or dominating the ball.

Otoh, ball-dominators like Lebron, Luka or Harden seemingly have well-rounded stats but are infact limited to playing 1 way (ball-dominance) that doesn't fit with many player types - these ball-dominant skillsets tie a coach's hands and forces them to employ a simpleton, low-team-assist brand where 1 guy hogs the team's assists..

The coach is forced to replace normal ball movement and system offense with the talent of Lebron or Luka making all the plays - it's a paper tiger that requires ridiculous supporting talent to win.

Im so nba'd out
03-18-2022, 05:46 PM
wizards...

3ba11
03-18-2022, 06:00 PM
wizards...

Jordan was 30-30 with a horrible team in 2002 (matched the preseason projection), while Lebron is a massive loser with a team of HOF's and the preseason favorite (depending on the source).

In 2002, Jordan led the 20-win Wizards to 37 wins (17 more wins) - that's just like 04' Lebron or 85' Jordan, who similarly completed the first leg of the organic journey (carrying a 20-win team to about 35 wins).. No one carries a 20-win team to the title - they take the 20-win team to nearly .500 and then have a deep run with that team like 07' Lebron or 89' Jordan

ShawkFactory
03-18-2022, 06:04 PM
How does saying the same thing over and over for the better part of a decade not tire you :lol

I feel like at some point anybody is just gonna move on.

3ba11
03-18-2022, 06:07 PM
How does saying the same thing over and over for the better part of a decade not tire you :lol

I feel like at some point anybody is just gonna move on.

You're content to praise and promote a fraud for 19 years, so I'm allowed to rail against fraud for half that long

StrongLurk
03-18-2022, 06:15 PM
You're content to praise and promote a fraud for 19 years, so I'm allowed to rail against fraud for half that long

Except hating on someone takes about ten times more energy for regular people than cheering for someone...in fact it's quite normal for people to spend time focusing on things they like...you on the other hand are extremely butthurt and your focus is completely negative and toxic...which is why the poster you are referring to mentions that people eventually move on...man I'd hate to see what you would do to a woman rejecting you...

Phoenix
03-18-2022, 06:36 PM

Someone could call Lebron the greatest player ever, or the worst, and a well enough adjusted person shouldn't really give two shits either way. None of your efforts are going to sway people who prefer Lebron over MJ, so you've deluded yourself into thinking your crusade has even a sliver of impact or relevance. MJ fans don't need your arguments, and Lebron fans aren't trying to hear them. But do you.

Shogon
03-18-2022, 06:53 PM
You think Kobe and MJ would be a good fit? Hell ****ing no. Type A personality vs type A personality.

From a skills perspective they're fine but they wouldn't fit together from an emotional standpoint.

Teams are greater than the sum of their parts. They always have been and they always will be.

It's unlikely we are ever able to mathematically "crack the code" so to speak, to such a thing.

Chemistry is a hell of complex and nuanced subject with team sports, the depths of which we know surprisingly little about.

ShawkFactory
03-18-2022, 07:00 PM

I have less than a third of the amount of posts as you.

FultzNationRISE
03-18-2022, 07:01 PM
You think Kobe and MJ would be a good fit? Hell ****ing no. Type A personality vs type A personality.

From a skills perspective they're fine but they wouldn't fit together from an emotional standpoint.

Teams are greater than the sum of their parts. They always have been and they always will be.

It's unlikely we are ever able to mathematically "crack the code" so to speak, to such a thing.

Chemistry is a hell of complex and nuanced subject with team sports, the depths of which we know surprisingly little about.

I would say it's more a case of guys who *think* they're the Type A personality relative to each other, which makes the pecking order nebulous and harder for each guy to evaluate properly.

Once you bring in a genuine alpha such as LeAlpha, Kobe and MJ's place in the hierarchy becomes clear and concrete, and both become immediately submissive to the greatness of Lebron.

Ne 1
03-18-2022, 07:07 PM
LeBron played off ball more with Kyrie and Wade. Russ just is a terrible decision maker with the ball in his hands.

3ba11
03-18-2022, 07:24 PM
Someone could call Lebron the greatest player ever, or the worst, and a well enough adjusted person shouldn't really give two shits either way. None of your efforts are going to sway people who prefer Lebron over MJ, so you've deluded yourself into thinking your crusade has even a sliver of impact or relevance. MJ fans don't need your arguments, and Lebron fans aren't trying to hear them. But do you.

Wow.. now I think I actually am having an impact.

I honestly didn't think I was until I read that

SouBeachTalents
03-18-2022, 07:33 PM
Wow.. now I think I actually am having an impact.

I honestly didn't think I was until I read that
So you made 25 posts a day, 40,000 in total, believing your posting was irrelevant?

3ba11
03-18-2022, 07:45 PM
So you made 25 posts a day, 40,000 in total, believing your posting was irrelevant?

Phoenix said impact.. He said that he's worried my crusade was having impact, which surprised me

He's out right now getting a new keyboard, but when he returns, hopefully he'll keep it real

1987_Lakers
03-18-2022, 07:48 PM

ouch

3ba11
03-18-2022, 08:03 PM
I would say it's more a case of guys who *think* they're the Type A personality relative to each other, which makes the pecking order nebulous and harder for each guy to evaluate properly.

Once you bring in a genuine alpha such as LeAlpha, Kobe and MJ's place in the hierarchy becomes clear and concrete, and both become immediately submissive to the greatness of Lebron.

The most important thing is closing a possession favorably, while initiating a possession is done by anyone - anyone can bring the ball up and make the initial pass or pass to the closer.. The closer is the one controlling the game by closing as many possessions as needed and when the team needs it.

The results tell the story - initiators need super-teams and are still losers in the Finals (9-10 for Magic/Lebron), while closers have amazing Finals records without super-teams (Kawhi, MJ, Kobe, Curry, Dirk, Bird, KD - these guys have amazing Finals record

tpols
03-18-2022, 08:04 PM
If you can only play one way then you can't do it all. People conflate a triple double stat lines wiith "all around player" and being able to do it all, but then you see a guy like Russell Westbrook who put up GOAT triple double lines who can only play one way and is a bad fit with most players.

So its a fallacy to think triple double stats would make you fit anywhere. Guys like KD and Curry have way less assists and boards yet their ability to play on and off ball and shoot from anywhere is much more valuable than stat padding dimes (at the expense of ball movement) and a couple defensive rebounds a game.

3ba11
03-18-2022, 08:06 PM

MJ and Kobe on the same team would win literally every single year - it's like having 2 Lebron talents that actually fit and don't need to dominate the ball.. Actually it's closer to having 2 Curry's than 2 Lebron's

It's funny because 2 Lebron's would LOSE - imagine that - 2 spotty-shooting ball-dominators that can't run off screens.... #cringe

tpols
03-18-2022, 08:12 PM

Shaq and Kobe were both type A personalities and butted heads all the time... Yet they still won 3 rings together including one of the best runs ever in 2001.

You may fancy yourself a psychologist but you dont know what you're talking about. Kobe disliked shaq because of his poor work ethic. He wouldn't have that problem with MJ.

Round Mound
03-18-2022, 08:16 PM
Basically what 3-ball is saying if a player doesn't play similar to a good shooter or SG then he is a bad player. Magic Johnson wasn't a good shooter but he had plenty of buzzer beaters and last second shots btw.

3ba11
03-18-2022, 08:21 PM
Basically what 3-ball is saying if a player doesn't play similar to a good shooter or SG then he is a bad player. Magic Johnson wasn't a good shooter but he had plenty of buzzer beaters and last second shots btw.

I'm saying that initiators (ball-dominators) like Magic, Lebron, Westbrook, etc are inferior player types than closers of possessions, aka closers

Don't get me wrong - you can win with initiators or other less optimal player types like tweener PF's, but it requires more help.. It requires juggernaut scoring help - they can't win with a bunch of athletes/rebounders/hustlers like closers can (MJ, Kawhi, Dirk, Kobe, etc)

SouBeachTalents
03-18-2022, 08:25 PM
The most important thing is closing a possession favorably, while initiating a possession is done by anyone - anyone can bring the ball up and make the initial pass or pass to the closer.. The closer is the one controlling the game by closing as many possessions as needed and when the team needs it.

The results tell the story - initiators need super-teams and are still losers in the Finals (9-10 for Magic/Lebron), while closers have amazing Finals records without super-teams (Kawhi, MJ, Kobe, Curry, Dirk, Bird, KD - these guys have amazing Finals record
Kawhi: 2-1
Curry: 3-2
Dirk: 1-1
Bird: 3-2
KD: 2-1

Those are some "amazing" Finals records :oldlol: And did you really think you could include Curry & KD, guys who were literally teammates, and claim they won without superteams.

3ba11
03-18-2022, 08:30 PM
Kawhi: 2-1
Curry: 3-2
Dirk: 1-1
Bird: 3-2
KD: 2-1
MJ 6-0
Kobe 5-2

Those are some "amazing" Finals records :oldlol: And did you really think you could include Curry & KD, guys who were literally teammates, and claim they won without superteams.

Those guys are 20-8 so that's a big samples for closers

And initiators need super-teams to win because they need juggernaut scoring help (closers)..

Don't get me wrong - you can win with initiators or other less optimal player types like tweener PF's, but it requires more help.. It requires juggernaut scoring help - they can't win with a bunch of athletes/rebounders/hustlers like closers can (MJ, Kawhi, Dirk, Kobe, etc)

AirBonner
03-18-2022, 08:37 PM
Op is a bad fit to this forum. Yet he doesn’t let his skill deficit stop him from posting

Phoenix
03-18-2022, 09:42 PM
Phoenix said impact.. He said that he's worried my crusade was having impact, which surprised me

He's out right now getting a new keyboard, but when he returns, hopefully he'll keep it real

Someone could call Lebron the greatest player ever, or the worst, and a well enough adjusted person shouldn't really give two shits either way. None of your efforts are going to sway people who prefer Lebron over MJ, soyou've deluded yourself into thinking your crusade has even a sliver of impact] or relevance. MJ fans don't need your arguments, and Lebron fans aren't trying to hear them. But do you.

Where in any of that do you see any worry that your daily bullshit was having impact? I said you've deluded yourself into thinking you're doing something relevant. But you're the biggest liar on the forum, so it's no wonder you'd literally make up some bullshit that anyone can look at the original quote and say that was neither said or implied.

My only worry is you offing yourself if ISH went tits up because there goes your reason to get up every day. Actually no, that doesn't worry me either.

97 bulls
03-18-2022, 09:43 PM
MJ and Kobe on the same team would win literally every single year - it's like having 2 Lebron talents that actually fit and don't need to dominate the ball.. Actually it's closer to having 2 Curry's than 2 Lebron's

It's funny because 2 Lebron's would LOSE - imagine that - 2 spotty-shooting ball-dominators that can't run off screens.... #cringe

They would win so long as one is willing to take what would be considered a "lesser" role. There's only one ball. And the person that takes that lesser role would be considered a scrub by basketball novices like you.

97 bulls
03-18-2022, 09:44 PM
Where in any of that do you see any worry that your daily bullshit was having impact? I said you've deluded yourself into thinking you're doing something relevant. But you're the biggest liar on the forum, so it's no wonder you'd literally make up some bullshit that anyone can look at the original quote and say that was neither said or implied.

My only worry is you offing yourself if ISH went tits up because there goes your reason to get up every day. Actually no, that doesn't worry me either.

Lol

97 bulls
03-18-2022, 09:47 PM
The most important thing is closing a possession favorably, whileinitiating a possession is done by anyone - anyone can bring the ball up and make the initial pass or pass to the closer.. The closer is the one controlling the game by closing as many possessions as needed and when the team needs it.

A prime example of you not knowing basketball. Not anyone can initiate an offense. You think Rudy Gobert can run the point? Do you know why it's important that a PG has very good ball handling skills and decision making skills? You would be comfortable with PJ Tucker running your offense?

GimmeThat
03-18-2022, 09:56 PM
translation: WOKE is the state of not wasting your energy and not being the one having to waste others energy

ShawkFactory
03-19-2022, 12:58 AM

Wtf :lol

FireDavidKahn
03-19-2022, 01:38 AM
LeBron won a championship on year 2 in Miami, year 2 in Cleveland and year 2 with the Lakers.

LeBron ball has brought a championship to every organization he has been apart of.

MJ ball? Only 50% of the organizations he's been apart of.

GOAT THANGS

AirBonner
03-19-2022, 01:55 AM
LeBron won a championship on year 2 in Miami, year 2 in Cleveland and year 2 with the Lakers.

LeBron ball has brought a championship to every organization he has been apart of.

GOAT THANGS

Big facts

GimmeThat
03-19-2022, 03:27 AM

GOAT THANGS

nice trolling effort, it's 33% for the Bulls/Wizard/Hornets(Bobcats) Michael Jordan.

and shouldn't you be focusing your energy on why Lebron didn't repeat with the Cavs the way Wolves fan think

unaware of why you're trying to say praises you don't even mean. you support players who troll, championships don't matter to you, why being so sarcastic when all you think about Lebron is empty stats.

Phoenix
03-19-2022, 06:19 AM
Wtf :lol

Lol. How he managed to convert my comment into his interpretation is some GOAT level spin, but also proof he had no other reply so just make shit up.

3ba11
03-19-2022, 10:42 PM

GOAT THANGS

Lebron's "decision" gifted him Year 1 favorites in 2011 and 2015 - Year 1 favorites are the easiest path possible and obviously much easier than building favorite status over many years (organic).

You forget that the 04' Pistons and 11' Mavs didn't win with superior talent - they won by having better chemistry and brand of ball.. Similarly, the Spurs, Warriors and 90's Bulls won by developing the best brand of ball in the league - learning the best brand is required of all organic winners, so Lebron never learned superior brand (how to win) and only learned talent-based winning (team-hopping.. all-star team strategy)..

He never brought anyone titles - he simply amassed enough talent to win.. Heck, Wade was the proven winner that taught Lebron how to act under pressure and real alpha swagger - he brought Lebron titles

PP34Deuce
03-20-2022, 02:02 PM
If I was a an all time great with millions in the bank..healthy family.. set for life..

I'd laugh at everyone too.

3ba11
03-20-2022, 03:43 PM
If I was a an all time great with millions in the bank..healthy family.. set for life..

I'd laugh at everyone too.

That's what frauds do

Pretty much nobody sits at home feeling guilty about a SUCCESSFUL fraud.. smh

He got everyone to think he's #2 without ever learning how to win (organic... brand of ball) and without having the elite jumpshooting skill needed to defeat maximum defensive attention (carry the scoring load).

Imagine being #2 without knowing how to win or defeat maximum defensive attention, smh

He needed absolutely elite, go-to scorers at sidekick and still yielded perennial underdogs (barely meeting the underdog expectation, 4/10 with 2 teammate bailouts)