PDA

View Full Version : Jokic needs to win MVP over Embiid for the sake of the sport

90sgoat
03-19-2022, 09:13 AM
Embiid is the center version of Harden.

Plays the game by exploiting rules and analytics, not with skill and love of the game.

Shoots way too many 3s and otherwise just flops into the paint falling over.

Like a 7'1'' guard.

Don't like his game and very overrated on defense.

Full Court
03-19-2022, 09:26 AM
I would prefer Jokic to win MVP as well, but if Embiid wins it, the sport will be just fine. Embiid's right up there in the mix too.

GimmeThat
03-19-2022, 10:08 AM
so Embiid is on counter attack mode while Jokic is in possession mode. the jury is still on playoff hangover in which Embiid arguably outplayed Jokic last season. Embiid also plays better on the road than at home where as Jokic plays better at home.

the Nuggets are 20th in pace, 7th in ORTG, 13th in DRTG. the Sixers are 28th in pace, 13th in ORTG, 11th in DRTG.

the DPOY probably goes to Gobert again this season, if you put stock in that despite his drop in AST and BLK, you most likely favor Jokic, if not Embiid's case looks quite strong

Axe
03-19-2022, 10:35 AM
I agree with you op, as long as it isn't ja morant.

Mask the Embiid
03-19-2022, 11:07 AM
https://chumley.barstoolsports.com/union/2021/05/26/embiid-celly-thrust.9322b08d.gif?crop=4%3A3

SouBeachTalents
03-19-2022, 11:11 AM
Just say he needs to win it because he's Euro, why hide behind your bullshit reasons in the OP :lol

90sgoat
03-19-2022, 11:44 AM
Just say he needs to win it because he's Euro, why hide behind your bullshit reasons in the OP :lol

As long as Embiid doesn't win it, then Luka, Giannis, Jokic is fine.

Full Court
03-19-2022, 11:46 AM
I agree with you op, as long as it isn't ja morant.

Jokic deserves it the most, but I'm still hoping Morant wins.

Just because of the meltdown that will follow.

Kblaze8855
03-19-2022, 11:57 AM
Not with skill? Point out for me the people Embiids size who have ever been more skilled combos of shooting, handles, post game, and footwork. There may be like 2 guys even worth bringing up. Jokic is obviously among them but the list is waaaaaay too short to say he doesn’t play with skill. Deandre Jordan is what a player like Embiid looks like without his insane skill set.

FultzNationRISE
03-19-2022, 12:09 PM
Not with skill? Point out for me the people Embiids size who have ever been more skilled combos of shooting, handles, post game, and footwork. There may be like 2 guys even worth bringing up. Jokic is obviously among them but the list is waaaaaay too short to say he doesn’t play with skill. Deandre Jordan is what a player like Embiid looks like without his insane skill set.

This is all true, I guess in OP’s “defense” (not that an obvious agenda deserves a defense) he didnt say Embiid doesnt have skill, just that he doesnt play with it. Which is obviously not true, but I guess he’s highlighting that Embiid seems to play a lot for cheap whistles, instead of “earning” all his points thru skilled execution. Which is also probably true.

tontoz
03-19-2022, 12:13 PM
This is all true, I guess in OP’s “defense” (not that an obvious agenda deserves a defense) he didnt say Embiid doesnt have skill, just that he doesnt play with it. Which is obviously not true, but I guess he’s highlighting that Embiid seems to play a lot for cheap whistles, instead of “earning” all his points thru skilled execution. Which is also probably true.

It is true that Embiid relies heavily on foul shots. Jokic is far better from the field. But foul shots count and this is a regular season award. Foul shots can be harder to come by in the playoffs.

I would say this will be a close vote between them but i think Jokic has been better.

GimmeThat
03-19-2022, 12:17 PM

if the game is being played at a pace where error by eye sight is going to be a factor, would you consider that part of the game.

90sgoat
03-19-2022, 12:21 PM
To me Embiid is a leftover of the Harden era.

Most of the league has moved on from flopping.

Trae and Embiid as notable exceptions of the contrary.

John8204
03-19-2022, 12:44 PM
Guys that get bounced in the first round shouldn't get MVP's. 76ers are the safest bet(in the east) to make the conference finals...because for some reason we can't give the MVP to Devin Booker.

GimmeThat
03-19-2022, 12:45 PM
To me Embiid is a leftover of the Harden era.

Most of the league has moved on from flopping.

Trae and Embiid as notable exceptions of the contrary.

just gonna say this before the playoff begins. Phillys are 10th in 3PFG% 10th in O3PFG% 23rd in 2PFG% 11th in O2PFG%. Nuggets are 15th in 3PFG% 6th in O3PFG% 1st in 2PFG% 27th in OPFG%.

ImKobe
03-19-2022, 01:18 PM
Jokic is likely not winning the MVP. The media is set on giving Embiid his first. Jokic isn't getting the buzz that he deserves because he's an Euro. Same with Giannis, who's also really close in the MVP race if we're being real.

Charlie Sheen
03-19-2022, 01:28 PM

:lol

tontoz
03-19-2022, 01:32 PM
Jokic is likely not winning the MVP. The media is set on giving Embiid his first. Jokic isn't getting the buzz that he deserves because he's an Euro. Same with Giannis, who's also really close in the MVP race if we're being real.

True Giannis is a legit candidate but Embiid/Jokic are better stories. Jokic has been playing all year without Murray/MPJ and Embiid has been dealing with all the Simmons drama. Media loves stories.

GimmeThat
03-19-2022, 02:02 PM
Same with Giannis, who's also really close in the MVP race if we're being real.

agreed. he suffers slightly from AD syndrome. to go with the story line narrative, there's too much constant in his production. his biggest improvement this season is increased FTA and FT%, which can be easily overlooked.

having gone to the finals the previous year, there's certainly a fatigue factor in monitoring his minutes for another deep push. for the media to look completely foolish for giving it to Embiid, Giannis would probably have to post up a few 4-0 4-1 in the playoffs without going over 4-2.

kumquat
03-19-2022, 08:10 PM

:oldlol: That's pretty accurate. What player is Jokic without the insane skillset?