PDA

View Full Version : If Nets fall short, can't use Irving's non vaccination status as an excuse

Walk on Water
03-20-2022, 05:07 PM
It's not an excuse if he is still not allowed to play. He has had all year to take the jab, but if his decision is that playing is not as important, that's fine, but you can't have your cake and eat it too or that makes you a hypocrite.

Furthermore, Irving has not been a reliable teammate overall. Even if you don't count the vaccine, you have things like his inability to stick with teams. He couldn't stick with Lebron (Lebron is at fault too), and he couldn't stick with Boston. Even when he does stick to a team, he has had several injuries.

So all I'm saying is you can't use this as an excuse this year. We all know that the vaccine would not harm Irving in all likelihood. If Irving doesn't want to take it that's fine. Basketball is not as important to him. But if basketball is not as important, then you can't have your cake and eat it too and act like you deserved to win the championship. He's not special.

If anything, I can see how not taking it is just an excuse to not compete. That way you only play half of the games and have extra energy to score 60 points, only because you're not expelling energy full time. So it gives the Nets an excuse to not win.

GrayGoat
03-20-2022, 05:18 PM
He scores more points per game than curry

Walk on Water
03-20-2022, 06:25 PM

Not that I'm aware of.

Axe
03-20-2022, 06:52 PM
/thread