PDA

View Full Version : Put Karl Malone on Lebron's teams - how many rings does he win?

90sgoat
03-20-2022, 06:36 PM
Seeing as how they're equal in points now. How would Karl Malone have fared had he played on the teams Lebron did?

Personally, I think he wins at least 4 rings.

Big 3 Miami

PG: Chalmers
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: Shane Battier
PF: Karl Malone
C: Chris Bosh

Big 3 Cleveland

PG: Dellavedova / Kyrie
SG: Kyrie Irving / J.R. Smth
SF: Richard Jefferson / Channing Frye
PF: Kevin Love
C: Karl Malone

Big 3 Lakers

PG: Rondo
SG: Danny Green
SF: Kuzma
PF: Karl Malone
C: AD

Xiao Yao You
03-20-2022, 06:47 PM
Channing Frye at the 3? :facepalm

90sgoat
03-20-2022, 06:49 PM
Channing Frye at the 3? :facepalm

Big 3

kawhileonard2
03-20-2022, 09:23 PM
With that talent at least 5 titles.

AussieSteve
03-20-2022, 09:38 PM
Who's the big 3 in LA?

To answer the question. I think he wins 1-2 in Miami, but no more.

No way he beats any of the Warriors teams.

No way he is still at a level to win in 2020.

3ba11
03-20-2022, 09:47 PM
Lebron's super-team formation stole rings from Durant in 12', Duncan in 13' and Curry in 16'

So someone had to do something to stop the rigging and everyone is glad Durant stepped up - Durant didn't steal rings from Lebron in 17' because he was just getting Lebron back from stealing everyone's rings previously

TLDR: anyone wins with super-team colluding

Kblaze8855
03-20-2022, 09:56 PM
11 with Wade still being Wade and Karl likely playing better than Lebron in the finals and 12 being a tossup. So 1 and a possible I guess.

3ba11
03-20-2022, 11:21 PM
11 with Wade still being Wade and Karl likely playing better than Lebron in the finals and 12 being a tossup. So 1 and a possible I guess.

Karl would win with anyone good enough to outscore him (AD), especially in the bubble.

And anyone would win with their sidekick outplaying the league MVP.. Anyone would win if Pippen destroyed MVP Barkley in the 93' Finals... But instead, Pippen shot 45% true shooting, so MJ had to go for 41

3ba11
03-20-2022, 11:48 PM
Thread Cliffs

Malone made 2 Finals with just Stockton, so how many if he teamed up with his primary competition in the conference (Drexler and Kemp)?

As many as he wanted... :confusedshrug:

If Malone took the goat dynasty to 6 games with just Stockton, then he would easily beat the 16' Warriors with Kyrie/Love..

People forget that the only reason the Cavs were down 1-3 was because Lebron was wetting the bed (24 and 6 TO's thru 4 games). Otherwise, he should easily beat any opponent where his sidekick demolishes the league MVP

3ba11
03-21-2022, 12:07 AM
Thread Cliffs

Malone made 2 Finals with just Stockton, so how many if he teamed up with his primary competition in the conference (Drexler and Kemp)?

If Malone took the goat dynasty to 6 games with just Stockton, then he would easily beat the 16' Warriors with Kyrie/Love..

People forget that the only reason the Cavs were down 1-3 was because Lebron was wetting the bed (24 and 6 TO's thru 4 games). Otherwise, he should easily beat any opponent where his sidekick demolishes the league MVP

No one

La Frescobaldi
03-21-2022, 12:17 AM
Thread Cliffs

Shaq era Lakers 3peat beats any 90s Bulls team.

Cold soul
03-21-2022, 12:31 AM
I would say 1-2 rings Malone would win but no more with teams Lebron played on during those years.

3ba11
03-21-2022, 12:34 AM
I would say 1-2 rings Malone would win but no more with teams Lebron played on during those years.

4 rings with the generation-changing collusion strategy that netted many super-teams is pathetic

He should be knocked for losing so much with super-teams and top seeds - no one lost with good teams more

4 rings is not good given his path

sdot_thadon
03-21-2022, 12:37 AM
2011, and I'm not sure about any other ones because Karl wasn't particularly clutch and those rings all required Lebron to do heavy lifting the muscle bound Malone, ironically never sniffed in his career. Levels.

3ba11
03-21-2022, 12:40 AM
2011, and I'm not sure about any other ones because Karl wasn't particularly clutch and those rings all required Lebron to do heavy lifting the muscle bound Malone, ironically never sniffed in his career. Levels.

Lebron never defeated maximum defensive attention in the Finals (never carried the scoring load)..

He lacks sufficient jumpshooting skill to defeat maximum defensive attention and his high scoring is too ball-dominant to beat good teams, so he needs equal-scoring partners and closers (juggernaut scoring help - elite go-to scorers at sidekick)

Ultimately, if Malone took MJ to 6 games with Stockton, then he easily beats the Curry-Warriors with Kyrie/Love... He beats the Curry Warriors just like everyone else did (Kawhi/Lowry... Lebron/Kyrie)

sdot_thadon
03-21-2022, 12:53 AM
Lebron never defeated maximum defensive attention in the Finals (never carried the scoring load)..

He lacks sufficient jumpshooting skill to defeat maximum defensive attention and his high scoring is too ball-dominant to beat good teams, so he needs equal-scoring partners and closers (juggernaut scoring help - elite go-to scorers at sidekick)

Ultimately, if Malone took MJ to 6 games with Stockton, then he easily beats the Curry-Warriors with Kyrie/Love... He beats the Curry Warriors just like everyone else did (Kawhi/Lowry... Lebron/Kyrie)

Boy please, you don't even believe that bullshit. Do better.

3ba11
03-21-2022, 12:57 AM
Boy please, you don't even believe that bullshit. Do better.

Don't be embarrassed about it

Everyone in history had equal-scoring partners to attract equal defensive attention for various playoff runs, so they didn't always face maximum defensive attention..

Any period without facing maximum defensive attention is inflated stats compared to Jordan, who carried the scoring load in every SERIES, let alone playoff run

It's funny how you guys say "scoring isn't everything", except everyone needed juggernaut scoring help and elite go-to scorers at sidekick, except the goat.. Scoring help is the biggest kind of help, and MJ needed the least of it.

Now run along

Johnny32
03-21-2022, 01:22 AM
0. lebron was the main scorer, playmaker and 1-5 defender on his championship teams. no one player besides lebron can fill that role.

iamgine
03-21-2022, 02:20 AM
This is an unfair switch because the teams are usually built for Lebron's strength which is playmaking. Karl Malone is not known for that so right off the bat there would be some deficiency in that area. Add to that Karl Malone was famous for not performing well in the playoff.

I'd say possibly 1, most likely 0. It could be a different story if the personnel are replaced to fit Karl Malone better.

Baller789
03-21-2022, 02:39 AM
Maybe if we replaced Bosch with CP3?

I think that would be closer to simulating Stockton to Malone.

LeCola
03-21-2022, 02:49 AM
More rings, probably less FMVPs.

BigKobeFan
03-21-2022, 04:10 AM
8 at least

sdot_thadon
03-21-2022, 11:44 AM
Don't be embarrassed about it

Everyone in history had equal-scoring partners to attract equal defensive attention for various playoff runs, so they didn't always face maximum defensive attention..

Any period without facing maximum defensive attention is inflated stats compared to Jordan, who carried the scoring load in every SERIES, let alone playoff run

It's funny how you guys say "scoring isn't everything", except everyone needed juggernaut scoring help and elite go-to scorers at sidekick, except the goat.. Scoring help is the biggest kind of help, and MJ needed the least of it.

Now run along
Mj wanted and basically demanded that offensive load, shit he was upset because he wanted to shoot even more than that. He had to be sold on the concept of letting other guys shoot, even in the finals lol. So no, he didn't need the most scoring help, he had a role and way he wanted to play and was great at it so who says no.....sounds awfully familiar. You make it sound like he's the only guy to ever be guarded in NBA history, meanwhile there's a metric ton of clips online of him shooting outside jumpers with the same kinda space Lebron used to get often. Do. Better.

SouBeachTalents
03-21-2022, 11:53 AM

You think Bosh is equivalent to CP3 :oldlol:

Bankaii
03-21-2022, 12:13 PM
Who’s going to force feed him? Wade only took a step back because Lebron was the BITW. You think he’s backing down to Malone lol?

Is Malone going to lock up Rose in 2011?
Is he going to be a GOAT level playmaker in 2012?
Can he be the offensive and defensive Swiss Army knife in 2013?
2016 he gets washed with all the PnR.
Him and AD on the court would be a disaster. Two big men and only Rondo knows how to make an entry pass.

Baller789
03-21-2022, 12:34 PM
You think Bosh is equivalent to CP3 :oldlol:

I just literally said Stockton. :facepalm

Just dropping a different player in without adjustments is asinine.

Shogon
03-21-2022, 12:37 PM
? At least 18 rings.

tpols
03-21-2022, 12:46 PM
Who’s going to force feed him? Wade only took a step back because Lebron was the BITW. You think he’s backing down to Malone lol?

Is Malone going to lock up Rose in 2011?
Is he going to be a GOAT level playmaker in 2012?
Can he be the offensive and defensive Swiss Army knife in 2013?
2016 he gets washed with all the PnR.
Him and AD on the court would be a disaster. Two big men and only Rondo knows how to make an entry pass.

You literally just made the entire argument for the side you're arguing against.

Wade wouldn't have to "back down" for Karl because Karl wasn't a ball dominator. He was an awesome off ball PnR player who wouldn't have to compete with Wade for dribbling time. They would actually FIT. Wade used to love the pick and roll and having the GOAT pick and roll screen setter / roll man / pick and pop guy in Malone would be an awesome chemistry that LeBron and wades your turn my turn style could never match. And he would give the Heat interior toughness which was their only arguable weakness.

Karl Malone would've actually made the Heat realize their dynasty expectation in place of LeBron.

ShawkFactory
03-21-2022, 12:48 PM
2011 and 2012. 2016 is close but I doubt it.

Phoenix
03-21-2022, 03:44 PM
This is an unfair switch because the teams are usually built for Lebron's strength which is playmaking. Karl Malone is not known for that so right off the bat there would be some deficiency in that area. Add to that Karl Malone was famous for not performing well in the playoff.

I'd say possibly 1, most likely 0. It could be a different story if the personnel are replaced to fit Karl Malone better.

Wade and Mailman would be a pretty lethal pick and roll combo, possibly even moreso than Malone/Stockton because Wade was a legit scoring threat. At the least they'd likely win 2011.

NBAGOAT
03-21-2022, 03:59 PM

Cp3 is so much better than Bosh however so you can’t do that. Maybe Tony Parker would work I guess but he’s a bit better too

NBAGOAT
03-21-2022, 04:01 PM
You literally just made the entire argument for the side you're arguing against.

Wade wouldn't have to "back down" for Karl because Karl wasn't a ball dominator. He was an awesome off ball PnR player who wouldn't have to compete with Wade for dribbling time. They would actually FIT. Wade used to love the pick and roll and having the GOAT pick and roll screen setter / roll man / pick and pop guy in Malone would be an awesome chemistry that LeBron and wades your turn my turn style could never match. And he would give the Heat interior toughness which was their only arguable weakness.

Karl Malone would've actually made the Heat realize their dynasty expectation in place of LeBron.

You’re kind of overlooking wades knees by 13 and 14

Kawhi_Why_Not
03-21-2022, 05:00 PM
I think they win in 2011 because wade was still prime form at the time and he beat Dallas with a lesser player in old shaq. 2012 and 13 were gimmes.

2011 - ring
2012 - ring
2013 - ring

And then he would lose the rest of the years.

Baller789
03-21-2022, 08:24 PM
Cp3 is so much better than Bosh however so you can’t do that. Maybe Tony Parker would work I guess but he’s a bit better too

You could argue that. But Toni can't shoot. I wanted to put Nash but his D is nowhere nears Stockton's.

FKAri
03-21-2022, 09:10 PM
You could argue that. But Toni can't shoot. I wanted to put Nash but his D is nowhere nears Stockton's.

You put Stockton in today's game and he won't be able stay in front of anyone. You think his style of bodying someone up and getting in their face will fly today? The only defensive tool of his he can use are his quick hands. Still better than Nash tho.

Walk on Water
03-22-2022, 03:02 AM
Not the best comparison cuz Malone would be playing with other PF

Baller789
03-22-2022, 04:22 AM
You put Stockton in today's game and he won't be able stay in front of anyone. You think his style of bodying someone up and getting in their face will fly today? The only defensive tool of his he can use are his quick hands. Still better than Nash tho.
You actually think an ATG point guard won't adjust? Is it because he's white?

And no one is staying in front of anybody with today's rules.

You can put any player in, but you have to replace Bosch with a proper point guard. No way Riley would construct the team with 2 PF's.