PDA

View Full Version : Jazz at Knicks

Xiao Yao You
03-20-2022, 06:53 PM
Tony Jones: Hassan Whiteside has been upgraded to available tonight. Trent Forrest has been downgraded to out (https://*********.com/social/) Mike Conley, Danuel House, Bojan Bogdanovic and Dok all remain out
– via Twitter Tjonesonthenba (https://twitter.com/Tjonesonthenba)

Xiao Yao You
03-20-2022, 08:08 PM
poor D.

Axe
03-20-2022, 08:17 PM
Mitchell propelling the jazz to a recent lead.

Xiao Yao You
03-20-2022, 08:19 PM
Gobert getting out scored!

Axe
03-20-2022, 08:21 PM
By clarkson too!

GrayGoat
03-20-2022, 08:25 PM
MVP Mitchell carrying the Jazz’s offense

Xiao Yao You
03-20-2022, 08:36 PM
Great quarter at both ends to turn the game around.

Xiao Yao You
03-20-2022, 09:21 PM
great D!

Manny98
03-20-2022, 09:25 PM
Another Mitchell clinic :applause:

Clarkson has been playing great recently as well, making a late push for 6 man of the year

Xiao Yao You
03-20-2022, 09:27 PM
:roll:

Xiao Yao You
03-20-2022, 09:56 PM
great D over the final 3 quarters to win. Gay with two straight good games!!! :cheers:

beasted
03-20-2022, 10:41 PM
great D over the final 3 quarters to win. Gay with two straight good games!!! :cheers:

Does it seriously hurt you to compliment Mitchell and Clarkson? Does it create an auto gag-reflex?

Give Clarkson and Mitchell their due along with Gobert and Conley when they play good. Call out Conley and Gobert along with Mitchell and Clarkson when they play bad. It's simple. It's called being objective.

Xiao Yao You
03-20-2022, 10:43 PM
Does it seriously hurt you to compliment Mitchell and Clarkson? Does it create an auto gag-reflex?

Give Clarkson and Mitchell their due along with Gobert and Conley when they play good. Call out Conley and Gobert along with Mitchell and Clarkson when they play bad. It's simple. It's called being objective.

When does Gobert play bad? He's as consistent as it gets

NBAGOAT
03-20-2022, 10:56 PM

When Utah has a bad defensive game, that’s likely a bad game for gobert

Xiao Yao You
03-20-2022, 10:58 PM
When Utah has a bad defensive game, that’s likely a bad game for gobert

no it's more likely he isn't getting as much help on those nights. Went from 5th to 11th in D when he was out. Says it all

NBAGOAT
03-20-2022, 11:04 PM
no it's more likely he isn't getting as much help on those nights. Went from 5th to 11th in D when he was out. Says it all

And he had some bad games when he initially came back where he wasn’t rim protecting well. The bulls went from above average to bad on defense without lonzo and Caruso too.

beasted
03-21-2022, 06:08 AM

So according to you, Gobert has never had a bad game in his career? He has never coughed up a bunch of turnovers, missed a bunch of FTs and made bad fouls in the same game in his entire life as an NBA player? It's always someone else's fault if he doesn't get a lot of rebounds or is heavily negative in plus, minus, right?

It's the other players faults because their poor defense caused Rudy to get tired or something like that and that's what made him miss those FTs, their imbalance caused those bad fouls, and made him be out of position to grab less rebounds? Spell it out for us. Are you saying Gobert is functionally impossible to have a bad game in his own right?

Xiao Yao You
03-21-2022, 10:10 AM
So according to you, Gobert has never had a bad game in his career? He has never coughed up a bunch of turnovers, missed a bunch of FTs and made bad fouls in the same game in his entire life as an NBA player? It's always someone else's fault if he doesn't get a lot of rebounds or is heavily negative in plus, minus, right?

It's the other players faults because their poor defense caused Rudy to get tired or something like that and that's what made him miss those FTs, their imbalance caused those bad fouls, and made him be out of position to grab less rebounds? Spell it out for us. Are you saying Gobert is functionally impossible to have a bad game in his own right?

he had some bad games his 1st year when he wasn't physically ready for the league. They are far and few between since. He brings it every night

Xiao Yao You
03-21-2022, 10:11 AM
The 7-foot-1 Utah Jazz center sat down with Bleacher Report’s Taylor Rooks to give his take on his relationship with Green. “I’m not talking about him,” Gobert said. “When I see him in person, he’s always really nice and respectful. So as long as that stays the same. I think that what’s being said about me on podcasts, it’s not just Draymond, it’s a lot of guys that try to discredit what I do every night, (https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/jazzs-rudy-gobert-opens-about-draymond-green-beef-first-time) who I am as a player. It’s part of it. But for me, I will always take it as respect. If I was an average defensive player, an average player, they wouldn’t talk about me. I will always take it as respect.”

– via Tristi Rodriguez @ NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/jazzs-rudy-gobert-opens-about-draymond-green-beef-first-time)

“Once again, when I talk about Draymond, or anyone else, I show respect. If these guys want to disrespect me, it’s their choice. I’m a quiet person and some guys are different, and they’re going to express their mind and it’s fine. (https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/jazzs-rudy-gobert-opens-about-draymond-green-beef-first-time) People love beef. Beef generates more interaction. I get it. But I’m chilling. I don’t have beef with anyone.”
– via Tristi Rodriguez @ NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/jazzs-rudy-gobert-opens-about-draymond-green-beef-first-time)

poor trolls :facepalm

beasted
03-21-2022, 10:20 AM
he had some bad games his 1st year when he wasn't physically ready for the league. They are far and few between since. He brings it every night
He hasn't had a bad game since his rookie year? Do you hear yourself?

You need help.

Xiao Yao You
03-21-2022, 10:25 AM
He hasn't had a bad game since his rookie year? Do you hear yourself?

You need help.

I said far and few between. Someone needs help with their reading comprehension. He's one of the top players in the game. You don't become one of the top players in the game by being inconsistent

GrayGoat
03-21-2022, 10:28 AM
Toody is a liability in the playoffs. The Jazz literally benched him when the clippers dragged their ball sack across his forehead

beasted
03-21-2022, 10:29 AM
I said far and few between. Someone needs help with their reading comprehension. He's one of the top players in the game. You don't become one of the top players in the game by being inconsistent

Mitchell is a top player and you consistently try to find inconsistencies in his performance while finding none for Gobert. You need counseling.

Xiao Yao You
03-21-2022, 10:49 AM
Mitchell is a top player and you consistently try to find inconsistencies in his performance while finding none for Gobert. You need counseling.

Mitchell has been inconsistent and inefficient his whole career. Doesn't play both ends. Getting better. Trolls will tell you Gobert had a bad game last night. A rare night when he didn't get a double double and was outscored by their two gunners! 62 points by the Knicks over the final 3 quarters tells you how much he dominated the game though

beasted
03-21-2022, 11:00 AM
Mitchell has been inconsistent and inefficient his whole career. Doesn't play both ends. Getting better. Trolls will tell you Gobert had a bad game last night. A rare night when he didn't get a double double and was outscored by their two gunners! 62 points by the Knicks over the final 3 quarters tells you how much he dominated the game though
So basically what you're saying is top players do not have 100% perfect consistency either. Yet you can't see any from Gobert and he's exempt from having a bad game. There is always a reason originating from his teammates. Amazing.

Xiao Yao You
03-21-2022, 11:13 AM
So basically what you're saying is top players do not have 100% perfect consistency either. Yet you can't see any from Gobert and he's exempt from having a bad game. There is always a reason originating from his teammates. Amazing.

I guess it depends on what you consider a bad game. Like I said last nite was a bad game from the trolls perspective that don't watch games and just box scores. He had a game where Mitchell was more efficient than him offensively recently. He still brought it in all the other aspects that he usually does. The top players might have an off shooting night but they usually do other things. That's why they are the best players. Clarkson just had 50 but mostly he kills his team

beasted
03-21-2022, 01:23 PM
I guess it depends on what you consider a bad game. Like I said last nite was a bad game from the trolls perspective that don't watch games and just box scores. He had a game where Mitchell was more efficient than him offensively recently. He still brought it in all the other aspects that he usually does. The top players might have an off shooting night but they usually do other things. That's why they are the best players. Clarkson just had 50 but mostly he kills his team

A month ago against the Lakers, Mitchell had a monster 37 point night on elite 54/45/86 splits, had 4 steals and played a great game. You somehow abandoned giving him any praise nor throwing Conley's putrid night under the bus, nor did you criticize Gobert for not taking any advantage of the Lakers smallball Ariza and LeBron Center lineups with only 5 points, nor giving up 15 to Davis in one quarter.

It is in fact a matter of trolls perspective. You're absolutely right.

Xiao Yao You
03-21-2022, 01:31 PM
A month ago against the Lakers, Mitchell had a monster 37 point night on elite 54/45/86 splits, had 4 steals and played a great game. You somehow abandoned giving him any praise nor throwing Conley's putrid night under the bus, nor did you criticize Gobert for not taking any advantage of the Lakers smallball Ariza and LeBron Center lineups with only 5 points, nor giving up 15 to Davis in one quarter.

It is in fact a matter of trolls perspective. You're absolutely right.

Conley is another guy who a box score can't do justice to. He plays D and runs the offense the best. Did they pass the ball to Gobert when he had small guys on him? Probably not when the two guys dominating the ball don't pass. I doubt he gave up 15 to Davis either. The Jazz may have. Kind of like Simmons going off on Gobert when it was really 3-7 against Gobert!

beasted
03-21-2022, 03:35 PM
Conley is another guy who a box score can't do justice to. He plays D and runs the offense the best. Did they pass the ball to Gobert when he had small guys on him? Probably not when the two guys dominating the ball don't pass. I doubt he gave up 15 to Davis either. The Jazz may have. Kind of like Simmons going off on Gobert when it was really 3-7 against Gobert!

You're not seeing your inherent bias. Defense is not automatically more important than offense. Like if a player consistently plays good defense and has okay offense, that guy is no more important than a guy who consistently produces good offense and has mediocre defense. Because even the most fundamentally sound defenders get beat on plays or have off nights, just like Mitchell will have off nights on offense.

If Conley shoots 22% (2/9) there is no amount of defensive/passing impact he could possibly have to make up for a cancerous performance like that. He would need like 12 assists, 4+ steals and 2+ charges drawn to make up for that. He and Gobert led the team by far with -27 and -25 on plus minus that night. You need to call out all players on your team when they are trash and shout out top performers alike. Conley was plain trash that night. Rudy was mediocre at best even with his defense. They were both a big part of why they lost. And that's okay. Players can't be 100% perfect.

Xiao Yao You
03-21-2022, 05:09 PM
You're not seeing your inherent bias. Defense is not automatically more important than offense. Like if a player consistently plays good defense and has okay offense, that guy is no more important than a guy who consistently produces good offense and has mediocre defense. Because even the most fundamentally sound defenders get beat on plays or have off nights, just like Mitchell will have off nights on offense.

If Conley shoots 22% (2/9) there is no amount of defensive/passing impact he could possibly have to make up for a cancerous performance like that. He would need like 12 assists, 4+ steals and 2+ charges drawn to make up for that. He and Gobert led the team by far with -27 and -25 on plus minus that night. You need to call out all players on your team when they are trash and shout out top performers alike. Conley was plain trash that night. Rudy was mediocre at best even with his defense. They were both a big part of why they lost. And that's okay. Players can't be 100% perfect.

they're are both important but right now for the the Jazz who already have the best offense defense is more important.

Conley only took 9 shots. It wasn't a 4-18 Clarkson clunker with no D or passing

I don't call out guys because of a noisy stat like +/- sorry

I believe I can call out whoever I like :cheers:

NBAGOAT
03-21-2022, 06:50 PM
they're are both important but right now for the the Jazz who already have the best offense defense is more important.

Conley only took 9 shots. It wasn't a 4-18 Clarkson clunker with no D or passing

I don't call out guys because of a noisy stat like +/- sorry

I believe I can call out whoever I like :cheers:

and we can call you out for being biased. I really like conley but he's had a bunch of stinkers in recent stretch. He hasnt even been playmaking that much recently(1 game in like last 15 with 10 assists). mitchell is the lead playmaker now.

You cant say a game where say gobert went -27 vs the lakers of all teams and they put up a 115 ortg or a game where the pelicans put up a 129ortg and gobert got 0 blocks are good games lol

Edit: also that is not really true. you just want to add the most to your point differential as that will add the most wins. Conley being better on offense or rudy having a jumper could mean the jazz being historically good on offense. If defense matters more then who would make the jazz a better team, replacing bojan with aaron gordon or replacing royce o'neale with kevin durant lol

Xiao Yao You
03-21-2022, 07:01 PM
and we can call you out for being biased. I really like conley but he's had a bunch of stinkers in recent stretch. He hasnt even been playmaking that much recently(1 game in like last 15 with 10 assists). mitchell is the lead playmaker now.

You cant say a game where say gobert went -27 vs the lakers of all teams and they put up a 115 ortg or a game where the pelicans put up a 129ortg and gobert got 0 blocks are good games lol

Edit: also that is not really true. you just want to add the most to your point differential as that will add the most wins. Conley being better on offense or rudy having a jumper could mean the jazz being historically good on offense. If defense matters more then who would make the jazz a better team, replacing bojan with aaron gordon or replacing royce o'neale with kevin durant lol

you bench Clarkson and let Jensen coach the team for starters

NBAGOAT
03-21-2022, 07:19 PM
you bench Clarkson and let Jensen coach the team for starters

lol ofc you even want snyder gone. letting him join the spurs would be a big mistake.

beasted
03-21-2022, 07:31 PM

Nailed it. No need to add anything.

Xiao Yao You
03-21-2022, 10:51 PM
lol ofc you even want snyder gone. letting him join the spurs would be a big mistake.

Let's hope that rumor is true

Xiao Yao You
03-21-2022, 10:53 PM
As covered in my previous This Week In Basketball column, Snyder has been increasingly mentioned as a potential target for San Antonio to succeed Gregg Popovich. I’ve likewise heard Snyder’s name posed as a probable Los Angeles Lakers candidate should the Lakers and Frank Vogel part ways (https://marcstein.substack.com/p/jazzman-in-demand?token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjoxNjkxNTY4LCJwb3N0X2lkI jo1MDcwODYyMSwiXyI6IlBzTUI4IiwiaWF0IjoxNjQ3OTAxMjM yLCJleHAiOjE2NDc5MDQ4MzIsImlzcyI6InB1Yi0zOTIyMDUiL CJzdWIiOiJwb3N0LXJlYWN0aW9uIn0.4yMPbJ2l0ONrsXGG5_d MqoQmAbWhtOlvKLFZEQgihLU&s=r) after what has been a nightmare season in Hollywood.

– via Marc Stein @ marcstein.substack.com (https://marcstein.substack.com/p/jazzman-in-demand?token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjoxNjkxNTY4LCJwb3N0X2lkI jo1MDcwODYyMSwiXyI6IlBzTUI4IiwiaWF0IjoxNjQ3OTAxMjM yLCJleHAiOjE2NDc5MDQ4MzIsImlzcyI6InB1Yi0zOTIyMDUiL CJzdWIiOiJwb3N0LXJlYWN0aW9uIn0.4yMPbJ2l0ONrsXGG5_d MqoQmAbWhtOlvKLFZEQgihLU&s=r)

or this one!!! :cheers: