03-21-2022, 11:11 AM
The guy is picking up steam :pimp:

RogueBorg
03-21-2022, 11:18 AM
The guy is picking up steam :pimp:

After an awful start, yes he is.

Shogon
03-21-2022, 11:43 AM
This guy is not really better or worse than he's been for a number of years. I thought his ceiling was higher but it apparently isn't.

The Celtics are a better team overall than they have been and it's not because he's made tremendous strides or anything... it's called roster changes.

Tatum winning MVP would be a new low for the award.

People are so incredibly blinded by team record and 'what have you done for me lately' mentality and the MVP has been a dogshit award because of it since forever.

Does anyone here want to argue that Tatum is even a top 10 player in the league right now and yet he's supposed to get the most prestigious award in the entire sport?

AirBonner
03-21-2022, 11:47 AM
This guy is not really better or worse than he's been for a number of years. I thought his ceiling was higher but it apparently isn't.

The Celtics are a better team overall than they have been and it's not because he's made tremendous strides or anything... it's called roster changes.

People are so incredibly blinded by team record and 'what have you done for me lately' mentality and the MVP has been a dogshit award because of it since forever.

Does anyone here want to argue that Tatum is even a top 10 player in the league right now and yet he's supposed to get the most prestigious award in the entire sport?

I guess you don’t realize he handles the ball more. Makes more passes. Plays elite defense. He’s anchoring a too 5 offense And defense. Have you watched a single Celtics game?

Real Men Wear Green
03-21-2022, 11:58 AM

Tatum is averaging almost 27 points 8 boards and 4 assists at 24 years old. What were you expecting for this to be an underachievement? He doesn't belong in the MVP conversation because the first half of the season was far below that standard. But if you just consider how far he's come I don't see how he could be considered to be in any way underachieving. And he has not just improved as a player, he's become a different player from what he was entering into the league. He's not just stronger, he's grown taller and has become a real power forward whenever he wants to be. He rebounds like one, can finish like one and can defend the position. Rookie Tatum was exclusively a wing.

Real Men Wear Green
03-21-2022, 12:01 PM
I guess you don’t realize he handles the ball more. Makes more passes. Plays elite defense. He’s anchoring a too 5 offense And defense. Have you watched a single Celtics game?

He doesn't anchor the defense that is going to far. He is an excellent defender but Smart and Williams both playing at All-D first team level is where that begins. Tatum is at best the team's third best defender. Which is actually great given what a great defensive team the Celtics are but he's definitely not the anchor of the defense.

tontoz
03-21-2022, 12:43 PM
Heard something strange recently. Denver's leading cable provider isn't even carrying their games. The Denver fans have to get creative if they want to watch the games.

Shogon
06-17-2022, 11:37 AM
MVP.