PDA

View Full Version : Ben Simmons has a Back Hernia, Worst Trade ever?

8Ball
03-23-2022, 02:58 PM
Ben Simmons has a herniated back and probably won't be able to help Brooklyn this year.

Herniated disks like this are awful for long term career aspects.

Dwight's career was never the same again after having surgery on his back.

Imagine trading James Harden for a broken Ben Simmons that can't shoot free throws.

I have to give Morey props, he stole from the Nets in broad daylight.

Thanks Kyrie :oldlol:

FultzNationRISE
03-23-2022, 03:11 PM
To be fair, ditching Harden before the playoffs was a win in itself.

I guess you could argue they could have/should have gotten more for him if Simmons isnt gonna be in the picture. Especially considering they already gave up value to get him just a year ago.

Ultimately tho the results will determine whether they look like geniuses or retards.

We’ll see what happens. It’s gonna be an interesting post season.

Spurs m8
03-23-2022, 03:18 PM
They dumped one of the biggest losers and unwatchable players, the league has ever seen

So no...they did themselves and their fans a favour...

Addition by subtraction.

Shogon
03-23-2022, 03:20 PM
To be fair, ditching Harden before the playoffs was a win in itself.

I guess you could argue they could have/should have gotten more for him if Simmons isnt gonna be in the picture. Especially considering they already gave up value to get him just a year ago.

Ultimately tho the results will determine whether they look like geniuses or retards.

We’ll see what happens. It’s gonna be an interesting post season.

This is correct. If the 76ers don't at least make the ECF, nobody is going to care about how good or bad this trade was.

The only thing that is going to matter is the results and nobody can judge such a thing yet.

Harden didn't have exceptional trade value because he can opt out after this season and on top of that, he's expressed a willingness only to play in certain situations.

Even if Simmons is hurt and never plays another game I don't think it ends u being the worst trade of all time because I don't think the Sixers have a real shot at a title with these two but I've been wrong before. Time will tell.

Kblaze8855
03-23-2022, 03:20 PM
Considering Harden would have left for nothing? It’s not even close to honorable mention on a worst trades list. Kareem got traded for guys you never heard of and won 5 rings with the new team.

Manny98
03-23-2022, 03:28 PM
We got Curry, Drummond and 2 first round picks which in itself is good value for cancer

btw OP you don't know shit about Simmons back issues and what a herniated back is so STFU and stick to making threads sucking off LeBron

colts19
03-23-2022, 03:31 PM
Considering Harden would have left for nothing? It’s not even close to honorable mention on a worst trades list. Kareem got traded for guys you never heard of and won 5 rings with the new team.

Brian Winters and Junior Bridgeman both had their numbers retired by Milw. So at least they contributed over the years. Also Kareem didn't when any rings in LA until Magic came along.

Xiao Yao You
03-23-2022, 03:32 PM
I have two herniated discs and it's not good. He'll never be the same

4 guys that made a combined 2 all star teams for a goat candidate

Real Men Wear Green
03-23-2022, 03:33 PM
Brooklyn didn't give him a physical?

Kblaze8855
03-23-2022, 03:38 PM
Brian Winters and Junior Bridgeman both had their numbers retired by Milw. So at least they contributed over the years. Also Kareem didn't when any rings in LA until Magic came along.

Im aware of both of those players and of juniors largely unknown business career but it’s like getting peak Shaq for like Rip Hamilton and Corliss Williamson.

Proctor
03-23-2022, 04:54 PM
They dumped one of the biggest losers and unwatchable players, the league has ever seen

So no...they did themselves and their fans a favour...

Addition by subtraction.
Bingo...and got themselves a lottery ticket that could pay off big time by doing it. Not even close to the worst trade.

fourkicks44
03-23-2022, 04:57 PM
We got Curry, Drummond and 2 first round picks which in itself is good value for cancer

btw OP you don't know shit about Simmons back issues and what a herniated back is so STFU and stick to making threads sucking off LeBron

Gotta say I am happy for you Manny if you are happy with the deal because we happy over here too.

He has had back issues in the past that has kept him out but it's honestly impossible to know what is truly going on with this guy. Although one thing we definitely know and can all agree on is that the people around him have given him some bad advice over a long period of time, mental health issues, injuries and teammate beef aside.

FultzNationRISE
03-23-2022, 05:08 PM

My understanding is that Brooklyn hosted a “Pride Night” against the Golden State Warriors just as terms of the deal were finalized, and before tip-off they honored Jason Collins by having him perform Simmons’ honorary physical, which apparently took quite a while but was fairly limited in its anatomical focus. The Nets were told Collins gave Simmons “two thumbs up” which they understood to mean he passed the physical, but actually meant something completely different.

I’m not one hundred percent on this, but my source is usually pretty clean with these things. So I would call it likely to very-likely.

Spurs m8
03-23-2022, 05:18 PM

:roll:

8Ball
03-23-2022, 05:26 PM

They waived the physical I think. Not sure.

8Ball
03-23-2022, 05:30 PM

He has a herniated disk.

Doesn't work well on 82 game schedules.

The cancer turned into gold in Philly. 76ers in the playoffs will almost always have 2 of the best 3 players on the court.

8Ball
03-23-2022, 05:33 PM
Gotta say I am happy for you Manny if you are happy with the deal because we happy over here too.

He has had back issues in the past that has kept him out but it's honestly impossible to know what is truly going on with this guy. Although one thing we definitely know and can all agree on is that the people around him have given him some bad advice over a long period of time, mental health issues, injuries and teammate beef aside.

This is true.

Ben Simmons has had back issues on and off for a while.

He was healthy last May 2021. And after doing nothing with just ramping practice work he has a herniated disk?

That is the beginning of the end for sports careers.

Real Men Wear Green
03-23-2022, 06:03 PM
They waived the physical I think. Not sure.

If they did that would be intentional stupidity. But I personally suspect Simmons' people don't think they can win the suit with the Sixers on their mental health argument alone and are now going to claim a physical ailment.

Another possibility is that he hurt his back after the trade but we would have to question how he did that when he isn't playing.

HylianNightmare
03-23-2022, 06:28 PM
Seth and Drummond are salvageable

ImKobe
03-23-2022, 08:40 PM

Exactly. Drummond + Curry themselves are an upgrade over a washed Harden, who was throwing games and who's due for a huge max deal that's going to look bad in a few years.

Nets would have won it all last year if Kyrie was healthy (with Harden out), now that Kyrie can play at home they have as good of a chance as any team to win the title.

beasted
03-23-2022, 08:47 PM
Disagree. What good team has $42M in cap space next summer?

There was always a sign and trade down the line, or Harden eating crow and resigning once he realizes who has money to pay him.

ArbitraryWater
03-23-2022, 08:54 PM
My understanding is that Brooklyn hosted a “Pride Night” against the Golden State Warriors just as terms of the deal were finalized, and before tip-off they honored Jason Collins by having him perform Simmons’ honorary physical, which apparently took quite a while but was fairly limited in its anatomical focus. The Nets were told Collins gave Simmons “two thumbs up” which they understood to mean he passed the physical, but actually meant something completely different.

I’m not one hundred percent on this, but my source is usually pretty clean with these things. So I would call it likely to very-likely.

:roll::roll:

4 guys that made a combined 2 all star teams for a goat candidate

lakers got magic in exchange for 3 years of washed up gail goodrich and james worthy for 2 nobodies

so their 3 best players in the 80s were acquired for a hot dog bag of pretzels and a coke