PDA

View Full Version : "I would miss my game to watch LeBron surpass Kareem in points" - Draymond.

1987_Lakers
03-25-2022, 11:06 AM
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2022/03/24/draymond-green-skip-warriors-game-lebron-all-time-leading-scorer

"I’m throwing this out there right now, if LeBron James is passing the all-time scoring record and we have a game, I’m going to LeBron’s game and witness history.”

Thoughts?

FultzNationRISE
03-25-2022, 11:12 AM
That kind of mindset is why Lebron is passing Kareem and Draymond isnt.

#LeStriveForGreatness
#LeTRUEwarrior
#LeAnythingForHisTeam

RogueBorg
03-25-2022, 11:16 AM
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2022/03/24/draymond-green-skip-warriors-game-lebron-all-time-leading-scorer

"I’m throwing this out there right now, if LeBron James is passing the all-time scoring record and we have a game, I’m going to LeBron’s game and witness history.”

Thoughts?

It's going to be a big event.

Spuddywebby
03-25-2022, 11:27 AM

Thoughts?

Sounds like a cuck.

3ba11
03-25-2022, 11:46 AM
To dumb people, this record will matter

To smart people, it won't matter any more than Reggie Miller passing Bird in career points

It's a record based on time and doesn't reflect the best basketball we've ever seen.

highwhey
03-25-2022, 11:47 AM
So in essence, he would prefer watching LeBron play than his own teammate Curry.

GimmeThat
03-25-2022, 12:06 PM
the same way Magic Johnson put his legacy on the line in bringing LeBron to Lakers land

1987_Lakers
03-25-2022, 12:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNGa_VDKqSE

3ba11
03-25-2022, 12:23 PM
Sounds like a cuck.

Makes me think he got kicked out on purpose in 2016 Finals, or has no regrets.. He's glad that he padded Lebron's resume because it lined Dray's pockets

What a *****

Today's league is BY FAR the least competitive and softest ever..

SouBeachTalents
03-25-2022, 12:24 PM

To smart people, it won't matter any more than Reggie Miller passing Bird in career points

It's a record based on time and doesn't reflect the best basketball we've ever seen.
Career leader in passing yards & TD's: Brady, both regular season and playoffs
Career leader in goals, assists & points: Gretzky, both regular season and playoffs

Uh oh, looks like the GOAT's hold the career records in their respective sports, LeBron's on pace to do the same in his.

3ba11
03-25-2022, 12:28 PM
Career leader in goals, assists & points: Gretzky, both regular season and playoffs

Uh oh, looks like the GOAT's own the record books in their sport, looks like LeBron is going to join this exclusive company.

Those guys set records for production rate/dominance - their goat dominance is why they're goat winners, while Lebron never played basketball well enough to be a goat winner - he's employs the worst skillset and brand in history (big man ball-dominance), so he needs ridiculous help and still yields shit teams or perennial underdogs

So the facts show he's a fraud, regardless of the fake WWE narrative that one can fabricate out of the longevity record.

And once Durant, Giannis, Kawhi or Joker add a couple more rings, they'll be in the conversation with Lebron.. so Lebron will never be a goat like Gretzky or Jordan.. His goat losing sticks out like a massive pimple

1987_Lakers
03-25-2022, 12:30 PM
Makes me think he got kicked out on purpose in 2016 Finals, or has no regrets.. He's glad that he padded Lebron's resume because it lined Dray's pockets

What a *****

https://i0.wp.com/www.baconsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/magic-johnson-isiah-thomas-kiss-2.jpg?resize=816%2C9999

1987_Lakers
03-25-2022, 12:33 PM
Those guys set records for production rate/dominance - their goat dominance is why they're goat winners, while Lebron never played basketball well enough to be a goat winner - he's employs the worst skillset and brand in history (big man ball-dominance), so he needs ridiculous help and still yields shit teams or perennial underdogs

So the facts show he's a fraud, regardless of the fake WWE narrative that one can fabricate out of the longevity record.

And once Durant, Giannis, Kawhi or Joker add a couple more rings, they'll be in the conversation with Lebron.. so Lebron will never be a goat like Gretzky or Jordan.. His goat losing sticks out like a massive pimple

Brady is the GOAT mainly because of longevity, he isn't as talented or dominant than Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes.

3ba11
03-25-2022, 12:37 PM
https://i0.wp.com/www.baconsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/magic-johnson-isiah-thomas-kiss-2.jpg?resize=816%2C9999

It's almost Shakespearean the way they kissed first and then tried to kill each other:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix0PnZtUsJo

That's just what players did (it was a standard, automatic play) when an opponent came down the lane - they let them know what they would be dealing with.

But in today's game, Draymond gets kicked out intentionally and has is glad he did so years later (no regrets) - he's going to MISS HIS OWN GAME to support Lebron's longevity record

3ba11
03-25-2022, 12:39 PM
Brady is the GOAT mainly because of longevity, he isn't as talented or dominant than Aaron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes.

Lebron lacks the goat domination and goat winning

He only has longevity and that will be his legacy - longevity, not winning or domination required of goats Gretzky, Jordan and Brady is a goat winner

1987_Lakers
03-25-2022, 12:43 PM
Lebron lacks the goat domination and goat winning

He only has longevity and that will be his legacy - longevity, not winning or domination required of goats Brady, Gretzky, Jordan

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8b/d8/1a/8bd81a50eb70b4f479f5a77d891c133d.jpg

GimmeThat
03-25-2022, 12:52 PM
Brady is the GOAT mainly because of longevity.

but people have longevity because they aren't control freaks though.

Spuddywebby
03-25-2022, 12:59 PM

What a *****

He’s basically saying that if Golden State is playing against Lebron when he has a chance of breaking the record, he’s going to go out of his way to not defend Lebron so he can witness “history”. That is so sus. Imagine Parrish/McHale saying they’ll miss their game so they can see Kareem break a record.

ArbitraryWater
03-25-2022, 01:03 PM
I see now that its happening, people wanna act like it doesnt matter :lol

I remember when Kobe was top 3 or 4 in scoring and had the longevity edge on Bron.

It was all Kobe fans could talk about.

SouBeachTalents
03-25-2022, 01:04 PM
I see now that its happening, people wanna act like it doesnt matter :lol

I remember when Kobe was top 3 or 4 in scoring and had the longevity edge on Bron.

It was all Kobe fans could talk about.
I can't even fathom the amount of threads we're going to see trying to downplay it :lol It'll be the most discussed topic of next season no doubt

Johnny32
03-25-2022, 01:13 PM

It's the greatest individual record in the nba. It's an historical record that was thought to never be broken again and part of the reason many had kareem as the goat.

FKAri
03-25-2022, 01:17 PM

Longevity is more valuable and holds a different value in football. There are so few games played that longevity is a way of getting a better sample size. You can easily have a flukey season in football. Much more rare in basketball. But there's another aspect to longevity that Brady and Lebron both share and that is having success with different rosters. It's not just that they were great for a long time but that they were able to reproduce success in different environments.

k0kakw0rld
03-25-2022, 01:20 PM

The best basketball we have ever seen for sure isn't Jordan's. Even yourself wouldn't enjoy being Jordan's teammate. Stop fooling yourself and everybody else with your stupid takes.

iamgine
03-25-2022, 01:20 PM
So basically he's saying a historic feat is much more important than a random meaningless regular season game.

Isn't it obvious.

8Ball
03-25-2022, 01:24 PM

Thoughts?

From Shaq:

"I know what he's doing," O'Neal said. "Championships are great, but he's trying to pass Kareem up. That's what he is doing. I know exactly what he's doing. 'Cause now if you pass Kareem up, it ain't no talk about who the best player ever is. Think about that? I saw he needed to average (25) points or something like that the next few years, which he will do. He can do that in two more years."

The players know how impossible it is to pass Kareem. Win 2 titles? 3 titles? 4 titles? That's possible.

But to hit 40 000 points, that's impossible for 100% of the players historically in the NBA. Never been done before.

Dey know.

Johnny32
03-25-2022, 01:26 PM

Lol

8Ball
03-25-2022, 01:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNGa_VDKqSE

Wilt had the record since 1966. Held it for 18 years.
Kareem had the record since 1984
LeBron getting the record in 2023 would be 39 years.

Nobody is getting 40 000 points. I'll die before that happens.

RogueBorg
03-25-2022, 01:30 PM

Tom Brady is GOAT because he has 7 Super Bowl rings out of 10 AND longevity. Rodgers has 1.

Aaron Rodgers is the most overrated QB period. When's the last time he's taken Green Bay to the Super Bowl? 2010 season. He's been 1x in his career.

Spurs m8
03-25-2022, 02:10 PM
Lol Dray has always been a pvssy...hes nothing without Curry

Lebron played in the 3 point era....getting this longevity total isn't even impressive, with how much colluding and losing he has done

Op is also a cvck

SouBeachTalents
03-25-2022, 02:19 PM
Lol Dray has always been a pvssy...hes nothing without Curry

Lebron played in the 3 point era....getting this longevity total isn't even impressive, with how much colluding and losing he has done

Op is also a cvck
Jordan played in the 3 point era too, guess that makes what he did unimpressive too.

tpols
03-25-2022, 02:35 PM

Uh oh, looks like the GOAT's hold the career records in their respective sports, LeBron's on pace to do the same in his.

Brady is not the GOAT football player, he just played into his 40s on stacked teams his entire career. Ability wise guys like Dan Marino, Aaron Rodgers, Pat Maholmes etc. were better. Peyton Manning was also clearly better but a bit of a choker.

Guys like Nick Foles and Eli Manning have outplayed prime Brady in Super Bowls. And of course a bunch of guys have outplayed LeBron in the playoffs H2H the list is too long. nobody ever outplayed MJ in his runs.

Spurs m8
03-25-2022, 02:47 PM
Is Brady career leader in throwing picks?

Does Brady have a losing superbowl record?

That's some LeBarry type stuff

tpols
03-25-2022, 02:52 PM
Is Brady career leader in throwing picks?

Does Brady have a losing superbowl record?

That's some LeBarry type stuff

Yup the list of people that have outplayed LeBron year to year in the playoffs is way longer than the list of Quarterbacks that outplayed Brady H2H. And Jordan was never definitively outplayed by anyone. Only Larry Bird came close but he was on a veteran dynasty team and MJ was carrying a freshman nobody team.

bison
03-25-2022, 02:54 PM
its a foregone conclusion at this point. we will be the nbas all time leading score. and i believe this is the thing he will be most known for in nba history.

ShawkFactory
03-25-2022, 03:01 PM
Brady is not the GOAT football player, he just played into his 40s on stacked teams his entire career. Ability wise guys like Dan Marino, Aaron Rodgers, Pat Maholmes etc. were better. Peyton Manning was also clearly better but a bit of a choker.

Guys like Nick Foles and Eli Manning have outplayed prime Brady in Super Bowls. And of course a bunch of guys have outplayed LeBron in the playoffs H2H the list is too long. nobody ever outplayed MJ in his runs.

What are you talking about? They don't play head-to-head..

tpols
03-25-2022, 03:11 PM
What are you talking about? They don't play head-to-head..

Sure they do. Patriots always had great defense. Eagles and Giants also had great defenses when they won. It was an even playing field. Brady actually had better teams and was the favorite in those Super Bowls.

ShawkFactory
03-25-2022, 03:18 PM
Sure they do. Patriots always had great defense. Eagles and Giants also had great defenses when they won. It was an even playing field. Brady actually had better teams and was the favorite in those Super Bowls.

So the quarterback who is on the winning team outplayed the other head to head and that’s that?

1987_Lakers
03-25-2022, 03:19 PM

From what I remember, the Patriots defense was ass when they played the Eagles in the super bowl. They ranked near the bottom in yards allowed.

tpols
03-25-2022, 03:21 PM
So the quarterback who is on the winning team outplayed the other head to head and that’s that?

Sometimes yes that is the case. But you have to obviously look at the defenses they faced and weapins they had. Maholmes got buried by Tampa Bay 2 years ago but Tampa Bay and Brady had a huge defensive advantage. You have to apply context.

ShawkFactory
03-25-2022, 03:26 PM
Sometimes yes that is the case. But you have to obviously look at the defenses they faced and weapins they had. Maholmes got buried by Tampa Bay 2 years ago but Tampa Bay and Brady had a huge defensive advantage. You have to apply context.

And does that context come strictly from paper? Does the Giants front 4 deciding to come out and play absolutely out of their minds in the Super Bowl in 2007 not count because they gave up 22 PPG or whatever in the regular season?

We just jump to Eli outplaying Brady in that scenario then?

tpols
03-25-2022, 03:27 PM
From what I remember, the Patriots defense was ass when they played the Eagles in the super bowl. They ranked near the bottom in yards allowed.

They played better in the playoffs. Only the eagles spanked them. New England was 5.5 point favorites vs Philly.

Spurs m8
03-25-2022, 03:27 PM

Ahhhh context

A bron stans worst enemy....along with truth

1987_Lakers
03-25-2022, 03:32 PM
They played better in the playoffs. Only the eagles spanked them. New England was 5.5 point favorites vs Philly.

They played the 20th ranked offense in the divisional round then Blake Bortes in the AFC championship game. And from what I remember, I believe Bortles threw for like 300 yards vs that sorry secondary.

ShawkFactory
03-25-2022, 03:33 PM
Ahhhh context

A bron stans worst enemy....along with truth

Don’t comment when you clearly don’t understand the conversation.

1987_Lakers
03-25-2022, 03:35 PM

I don't think I've ever seen spursm8 bring anything meaningful to a conversation.

AlternativeAcc.
03-25-2022, 03:37 PM

He's a loser from Australia who pretends to know American sports. It's pretty weird cause everyone on here knows he's clueless but he still pretends and posts in every thread. Pretty bizarre :lol

ShawkFactory
03-25-2022, 03:39 PM
I don't think I've ever seen spursm8 bring anything miningful to a conversation.

It’s funny because I’m the one who initially commented on a lack of context in tpols’s argument. Can’t follow a simple line of logic :lol

Hey Yo
03-25-2022, 03:40 PM

None of that changes LeBron from becoming known as the greatest scorer in NBA history.

tpols
03-25-2022, 04:09 PM
None of that changes LeBron from becoming known as the greatest scorer in NBA history.

Is Karl Malone a better scorer than Hakeem, Durant, Kobe, etc.? No. But he has more points than them. Its simply a longevity record not an analysis of who was the better scorer.

AlternativeAcc.
03-25-2022, 04:14 PM
Is Karl Malone a better scorer than Hakeem, Durant, Kobe, etc.? No. But he has more points than them. Its simply a longevity record not an analysis of who was the better scorer.

Peak malone was a 30ppg scorer on much greater efficiency than Kobe ever achieved.

He literally averaged the same ppg as Kobe career wise on way better efficiency.

Spurs m8
03-25-2022, 04:17 PM

Exactly

Smook A.
03-25-2022, 04:24 PM

What a completely idiotic take

1987_Lakers
03-25-2022, 04:29 PM
Exactly

Do you ever come up with your own takes or do you just piggyback on someone else's opinion all the time?

ArbitraryWater
03-25-2022, 04:33 PM
Do you ever come up with your own takes or do you just piggyback on someone else's opinion all the time?

literally the only thing his brain computes is lebronze!!

Smook A.
03-25-2022, 04:35 PM

How is Brady not the GOAT? He has almost every single QB record, he's never showed any signs of declining even at his grand old age, and he arguably just had his best statistical year. His accolades speak for themselves, I don't need to go into that. Literally no QB in history comes close to his accomplishments and his longevity is unheard of in ALL sports.

And just an fyi, Nick Foles didn't outplay Brady. Nick had 370 yards with 3 TDs/1 INT while Brady had 500 yards 3 TDs/0 INT on the same number of completions.

As for LeBron, very few players have outplayed him in the playoffs. You say "a bunch of guys" like he got outplayed every series by someone. Only guys that have outplayed him was Dirk in 2011, and KD in 2017. And before 2011 you can probably argue that Paul Pierce outplayed him in 2008 and 2010 and Dwight in 2009. That's it

ArbitraryWater
03-25-2022, 04:43 PM
How is Brady not the GOAT? He has almost every single QB record, he's never showed any signs of declining even at his grand old age, and he arguably just had his best statistical year. His accolades speak for themselves, I don't need to go into that. Literally no QB in history comes close to his accomplishments and his longevity is unheard of in ALL sports.

And just an fyi, Nick Foles didn't outplay Brady. Nick had 370 yards with 3 TDs/1 INT while Brady had 500 yards 3 TDs/0 INT on the same number of completions.

As for LeBron, very few players have outplayed him in the playoffs. You say "a bunch of guys" like he got outplayed every series by someone. Only guys that have outplayed him was Dirk in 2011, and KD in 2017. And before 2011 you can probably argue that Paul Pierce outplayed him in 2008 and 2010 and Dwight in 2009. That's it

He most definitely did not.

Dwight in 2009?

Bro what?

Dwight's 26/13 outplayed LeBron's 39/8/8?

Johnny32
03-25-2022, 04:45 PM

Lol lebron's 2009 series vs orl and 2017 finals vs gs is better than at least 4 of mj's finals. I'm being conservative.

theman93
03-25-2022, 05:03 PM

Lol no. He's the GOAT because he's the greatest winner in NFL history.

1987_Lakers
03-25-2022, 05:17 PM
Lol no. He's the GOAT because he's the greatest winner in NFL history.

And he was 3 super bowls from age 39-43, so by definition it was longevity.

AlternativeAcc.
03-25-2022, 05:20 PM
And he was 3 super bowls from age 39-43, so by definition it was longevity.

Longevity matters.

I'm not a brady fan by any means but being elite for 20 years matters bigly.

HylianNightmare
03-25-2022, 05:39 PM
Yawn

Smook A.
03-25-2022, 05:57 PM
He most definitely did not.

Dwight in 2009?

Bro what?

Dwight's 26/13 outplayed LeBron's 39/8/8?

Just checked the stats again for 2017, and it's very close. KD avg 35/8/5/2 on 70% TS. LeBron averaged 34/12/10/1/1 on 63% TS.

And yeah in 09 LeBron did outplay Dwight, my mistake. Instead, replace that with Tony Parker in the 07 finals. LeBron struggled in that series with his efficiency

But this just FURTHER proves how stupid tpols' statement was. "A bunch of guys have outplayed LeBron in the playoffs" :roll::roll: ****ing idiot

tpols
03-25-2022, 06:04 PM

So you just listed Dirk in 2011, Pierce (or Garnett) in 2008, Dwight in 2009, KD in 2017...

You forgot Tony Parker in the 2007 Finals, Rondo in 2010 semis obliteration, Kawhi in 2014 largest Finals margin of victory ever by point differential , Curry (or Iggy) in 2015, Durant again in 2018 sweep and his own teammate AD in 2020 who outscored him for the entire playoffs and was their DPOY.

That's a bunch of players.

Now.... tell me the list of players who have outplayed MJ H2H in the playoffs. Well be waiting.... Don't leave us hanging mate.

Smook A.
03-25-2022, 06:14 PM
So you just listed Dirk in 2011, Pierce in 2008, Dwight in 2009, KD in 2017... You forgot Tony Parker in the 2007 Finals, Rondo in 2010, Kawhi in 2014, Curry in 2015, Durant again in 2018 sweep and his own teammate AD in 2020 who outscored him for the entire playoffs and was their DPOY. That's a bunch of players.

Now.... tell me the list of players who have outplayed MJ H2H in the playoffs. Well be waiting....

Kawhi in 2014 didn't OUTPLAY LeBron... Spurs as a team did. If you want to compare their head to head matchup (LeBron averaged 28/8/4/2 on 68% TS vs Kawhi who averaged 18/6/2/2 on 75% TS) LeBron blows Kawhi out of the water in that series. Sure, the Spurs dominated the Heat, but that doesn't mean that LeBron got outplayed. The Spurs were just way too well-rounded and outcoached the hell out of the Heat.

Curry didn't outplay LeBron in 2015. Again, I think you're forgetting the argument strictly here is head to head matchup. LeBron averaged 36/13/9/1 on 48% TS. Curry averaged 26/5/6/2 on 58% TS. Yes, Curry was more efficient but overall LeBron played better. You also have to remember just how much of a load he had to carry with Kyrie and Love being out.

Durant absolutely did not outplay LeBron in 2018. The Warriors dominated, but that team compared to the Cavs is like comparing the avengers to the power rangers. Durant averaged 29/11/7/1/2 on 65% TS. LeBron had to carry a much bigger load... again and averaged 34/9/10/1/1 on 62% TS. It's clear who outplayed who. Switch LeBron with KD and that Cavs team probably would've lost to the Celtics in the ECF while the Warriors would've been unbeatable in the playoffs. 2018 playoff LeBron was possessed

It still doesn't prove your garbage argument about how "a bunch" of players have outplayed LeBron H2H in the playoffs. Absolutely ridiculous to say that.

tpols
03-25-2022, 06:27 PM
:roll:

You have a million excuses bro.

In 2014 the Spurs opened the flood gates on the back of Kawhi after Game 2. He destroyed LeBron and the Spurs won the contest by record margin.

In 2015 Iggy won a FMVP on the back of holding LeBron to one of his worst efficiencies ever while guarding him in isolation. Curry vastly out produced him on a per possesion efficiency basis as well while holding the ball for far less time.

2018 actually set the NEW margin of defeat record in Finals history when KD and the dubs curb stomped the Cavs in a sweep and Durant once again put up a record breaking volume and efficiency.

So Tony Parker, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Dwight Howard, Rondo, Dirk, Durant, Curry (or Iggy), Kawhi, AD....

:lol

Yea that's a bunch of players. Now give us the MJ list.

Smook A.
03-25-2022, 06:56 PM

In 2014 the Spurs opened the flood gates on the back of Kawhi after Game 2. He destroyed LeBron and the Spurs won the contest by record margin.

In 2015 Iggy won a FMVP on the back of holding LeBron to one of his worst efficiencies ever while guarding him in isolation. Curry vastly out produced him on a per possesion efficiency basis as well while holding the ball for far less time.

2018 actually set the NEW margin of defeat record in Finals history when KD and the dubs curb stomped the Cavs in a sweep and Durant once again put up a record breaking volume and efficiency.

So Tony Parker, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Dwight Howard, Rondo, Dirk, Durant, Curry (or Iggy), Kawhi, AD....

I'm not the one making excuses, I'm just putting out numbers since we're strictly talking about head to head matchups... or so I thought. Kawhi destroyed LeBron after game 2? Really? No, you're wrong. From games 3-5 in that series, LeBron averaged 27/8/5/2 while shooting 56% from the field. "Destroyed"... yeah right. You also mentioned how Spurs won the contest by record margin. There was no point in bringing that up because we're not talking about team matchups. Strictly head to head, remember that.

In 2015, LeBron did have one his worst efficiencies but you have to realize he had a much bigger load to carry compared to Curry and Iggy especially since Love and Kyrie were out. Here's a little crazy stat for you: During the 2015 finals, when LeBron was ON the court, the Cavs offensive rating was 100.7. When he was off the court, their offensive rating dropped to 48.9. That's a difference of 51.8 points per possession. His impact when he was on the court was unbelievable, even when he had games where he shot poorly.

Your 2018 argument is completely stupid, and didn't need to be brought up because once again... we are talking about head to head matchups. I couldn't care less about how big the margin of defeat was. LeBron still outplayed all of the players on the Warriors roster.

And why are you bringing up AD when he's LeBron's teammate? This isn't a teammate vs teammate argument. Now you're just bringing up extra names to try and desperately support your weak argument. No, a "bunch" of players did not outplay LeBron in a head to head matchup during the playoffs.

AlternativeAcc.
03-25-2022, 06:59 PM
I'm not the one making excuses, I'm just putting out numbers since we're strictly talking about head to head matchups... or so I thought. Kawhi destroyed LeBron after game 2? Really? No, you're wrong. From games 3-5 in that series, LeBron averaged 27/8/5/2 while shooting 56% from the field. "Destroyed"... yeah right. You also mentioned how Spurs won the contest by record margin. There was no point in bringing that up because we're not talking about team matchups. Strictly head to head, remember that.

In 2015, LeBron did have one his worst efficiencies but you have to realize he had a much bigger load to carry compared to Curry and Iggy especially since Love and Kyrie were out. Here's a little crazy stat for you: During the 2015 finals, when LeBron was ON the court, the Cavs offensive rating was 100.7. When he was off the court, their offensive rating dropped to 48.9. That's a difference of 51.8 points per possession. His impact when he was on the court was unbelievable, even when he had games where he shot poorly.

Your 2018 argument is completely stupid, and didn't need to be brought up because once again... we are talking about head to head matchups. I couldn't care less about how big the margin of defeat was. LeBron still outplayed all of the players on the Warriors roster.

And why are you bringing up AD when he's LeBron's teammate? This isn't a teammate vs teammate argument. Now you're just bringing up extra names to try and desperately support your weak argument. No, a "bunch" of players did not outplay LeBron in a head to head matchup during the playoffs.

Go easy on him man... this is brutal

1987_Lakers
03-25-2022, 07:03 PM

This is some 3ball type of posting right here. Sad to see.

8Ball
03-25-2022, 10:07 PM
The real question is why this comment by Draymond makes so many LeBron haters shook.

It is because a lot of NBA players know how impressive and impossible it is to be #1 all time in points so they pay hommage to that accomplishment. Many people win MVPs, championships, scoring titles, all-nba teams. Only 1 player holds the all time scoring record. Only 1, the most important individual statistical record.

And this scoring record will be multiple times more difficult than the #1 scoring record that Wilt had, or Kareem held. This one is on 60 years of NBA history. It took nearly 1/3 of the entire NBA history in playing time to achieve this record.

I will pop a $1000 dollar bottle when this happens.

ShawkFactory
03-26-2022, 01:28 AM

You remind me of someone who just started their freshman year of high school who was so used to pushing 6th graders into lockers and have an undue arrogance because out it.

It's interesting because you regularly don't know what you're talking about..get called out on not knowing what you're talking about..but then continue speaking on the subject as though you're teaching people things. If that's the schtick you're going for then well played.

SouBeachTalents
03-26-2022, 01:53 AM
LeBron's been legitimately outplayed in a playoff series twice in his career, his first 2 Finals aka the 2 worst series of his career. tpols is out here making a fool of himself claiming LeBron got outplayed in series he either averaged 35/10/10 in or outscored the opposing player by 10 ppg :lol

RRR3
03-26-2022, 02:16 AM
You remind me of someone who just started their freshman year of high school who was so used to pushing 6th graders into lockers and have an undue arrogance because out it.

It's interesting because you regularly don't know what you're talking about..get called out on not knowing what you're talking about..but then continue speaking on the subject as though you're teaching people things. If that's the schtick you're going for then well played.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

SATAN
03-26-2022, 05:13 AM
5 pages.

LeBron James.

Overdrive
03-26-2022, 07:54 AM
Draymond might miss 2 or 3 games if Lebron lays some 8 pt stinker needing 20+ for the record.

So the GOAT criteria is to never be outplayed? Then there's no GOAT in any sports. Never outplayed in his runs? What does that even mean. Championship runs? Then Lebron was never outplayed in his runs either. So your argument boils down to "rings".

Karl Malone was a great scorer. It's not like he played 30 seasons on 15ppg.

k0kakw0rld
03-26-2022, 03:01 PM

That's why anybody who passed the 30K mark had recognition by the league. You telling me that if you were in a position to score the most points in the history of your favorite sport you wouldn't consider that a big deal?

STFU, low-key LeBron worshipper :applause:

3ba11
03-26-2022, 03:04 PM
That's why anybody who passed the 30K mark had recognition by the league. You telling me that if you were in a position to score the most points in the history of your favorite sport you wouldn't consider that a big deal?

STFU, low-key LeBron worshipper :applause:

Jordan didn't give 2 bird shits about passing Kareem, or he WOULD'VE, and in far less games than Lebron needs

Jordan was simply much more dominant - superior production rate

John8204
03-26-2022, 05:48 PM
Jordan's diva ass couldn't handle playing the league and not being the best player...that's why he retired.

Spurs m8
03-26-2022, 06:48 PM
I honestly didn't think anyone really cares about this

How are longevity totals impressive?

You played for ages and got the most points...cool...but you weren't even close to being the best scorer.

ShawkFactory
03-26-2022, 06:56 PM
I honestly didn't think anyone really cares about this

How are longevity totals impressive?

You played for ages and got the most points...cool...but you weren't even close to being the best scorer.

Didn't you just..answer your own question?

No, it doesn't mean that you are the best scorer. Still an incredible feat to score more points in the NBA than anyone ever has.

tpols
03-26-2022, 06:58 PM
Karl Malone was a great scorer. It's not like he played 30 seasons on 15ppg.

You're missing the point my guy.

Where did I ever say Karl Malone wasn't a great scorer? That's called a straw man argument. My argument was that while Karl Malone scored more points over the course of his career than certain other individuals it doesn't mean he was a better scorer in general than the individuals he had more career points over. Case in point Hakeem, Durant, Kobe, Curry and a bunch of others.

This analogy fits the current topic because we have people in here saying LeBron is a better scorer than Jordan because of a longevity record when we know contextually and in the playoffs that simply wasn't the case.

Does that make any sense to you?

Hey Yo
03-26-2022, 07:11 PM
So why is the record so heralded and acknowledges Kareem as the greatest in history?

Why does it change all of a sudden if LeBron becomes the greatest scorer in history?

SouBeachTalents
03-26-2022, 07:12 PM
You're missing the point my guy.

Where did I ever say Karl Malone wasn't a great scorer? That's called a straw man argument. My argument was that while Karl Malone scored more points over the course of his career than certain other individuals it doesn't mean he was a better scorer in general than the individuals he had more career points over. Case in point Hakeem, Durant, Kobe, Curry and a bunch of others.

This analogy fits the current topic because we have people in here saying LeBron is a better scorer than Jordan because of a longevity record when we know contextually and in the playoffs that simply wasn't the case.

Does that make any sense to you?
The Malone argument isn't valid because LeBron is still top 5 all time in career ppg 19 seasons into his career, which is honestly insane, while Malone isn't even top 10. Yeah, Jordan is clearly the GOAT scorer at his peak over anybody, but LeBron's as good a scorer as virtually anybody else.

tpols
03-26-2022, 07:27 PM
The Malone argument isn't valid because LeBron is still top 5 all time in career ppg 19 seasons into his career, which is honestly insane, while Malone isn't even top 10. Yeah, Jordan is clearly the GOAT scorer at his peak over anybody, but LeBron's as good a scorer as virtually anybody else.

See you're sugar coating it. :oldlol:

"At his peak".... Nah MJ dominated scoring for well over a decade. As a player... in general he was a way better scorer. Similar finishing ability, much better shooting threat and production, but most of all completely ruthless in his approach and application. While doing it without limiting other teammates touches. (non ball domination)

There's no comparison scoring wise but you and others will tote a longevity record while leading lottery squads as an argument to the contrary.

We can't let that fly bro.

SouBeachTalents
03-26-2022, 07:38 PM
See you're sugar coating it. :oldlol:

"At his peak".... Nah MJ dominated scoring for well over a decade. As a player... in general he was a way better scorer. Similar finishing ability, much better shooting threat and production, but most of all completely ruthless in his approach and application. While doing it without limiting other teammates touches. (non ball domination)

There's no comparison scoring wise but you and others will tote a longevity record while leading lottery squads as an argument to the contrary.

We can't let that fly bro.
I admit it's a very difficult comparison to make considering how different the eras were, Jordan's being much slower paced and much more low scoring, LeBron's the exact opposite, but of the Jordan we saw after the first 3peat, even if he's still better, I don't think that version of Jordan is some tier or level above LeBron as a scorer. The fact he won 3 straight scoring titles is an excellent rebuttal to make, but you'll never convince me post baseball Jordan, even with the differences in era, would be a substantially better or more effective scorer than LeBron was a similar age in 2017 or 2018. It's the 87-93 version that is a clear tier above anybody else. 2nd 3peat Jordan, not nearly as definitive.

SATAN
03-26-2022, 08:35 PM
MJ would be seen in the same light as Clyde Drexler if LeBron played in the 80s-90s.

36/10/9. 8 rings.

Johnny32
03-26-2022, 11:52 PM
The greatest individual achievement in the nba is the all time scoring leader. We can bring back some articles when kareem broke it if you want. So we keep the same narrative lol.

Johnny32
03-26-2022, 11:55 PM
Oh and for the record...lebron is showing right now scoring titles mean jack shit. He could have 15 right now if he chucked 22-25 fga per gm lile mj.

plowking
03-27-2022, 04:54 AM

The record is based on time. The time played in the league by Bron is the best collection of basketball you'll ever see from a player.

Baller789
03-27-2022, 08:59 AM
Oh and for the record...lebron is showing right now scoring titles mean jack shit. He could have 15 right now if he chucked 22-25 fga per gm lile mj.

Except he can't chuck 22-25 fga/game without his efficiency taking a hit. Strawman argument.

outofstomach
03-27-2022, 09:29 AM

nah he more so meant that bron stans pick and choose when to use context (which you’re doing right now) :lol you’re a ****ing idiot for sure

had to log in to say that one

Johnny32
03-27-2022, 09:56 AM
Except he can't chuck 22-25 fga/game without his efficiency taking a hit. Strawman argument.

He's doing it right now tard. At 37.

8Ball
03-27-2022, 10:21 AM

LeBron getting all-nba 1st team at 37 years old and one of those yearly scoring titles is just devastating for the Jordan argument.

Johnny32
03-27-2022, 02:24 PM

LeBron getting all-nba 1st team at 37 years old and one of those yearly scoring titles is just devastating for the Jordan argument.

It's hilarious how desperate they've been this season.

ShawkFactory
03-27-2022, 04:01 PM
nah he more so meant that bron stans pick and choose when to use context (which you’re doing right now) :lol you’re a ****ing idiot for sure

had to log in to say that one
Oh wow you don’t understand the conversation either.

And so confident that you do :lol

Baller789
03-27-2022, 09:44 PM

Oh I'm not only talking about this season baby boi.

And we are alreay seeing what happens to Lebron's teams when he chucks 21.8 fga.

outofstomach
03-27-2022, 10:05 PM
Oh wow you don’t understand the conversation either.

And so confident that you do :loli clearly read and understood the conversation, ironically enough you didn’t understand (or chose to) what he said :lol

TheGoatest
03-27-2022, 11:11 PM
A player from an opposing team saying he would miss his own game to watch LeGOATest pass Kareem doesn't quite hold as much weight as a random internet troll with a bunch of alts saying how longevity and all time records are overrated. :roll:

ImKobe
03-28-2022, 12:39 AM
A player from an opposing team saying he would miss his own game to watch LeGOATest pass Kareem doesn't quite hold as much weight as a random internet troll with a bunch of alts saying how longevity and all time records are overrated. :roll:

Isn't Draymond signed to Lebron's agency? lmao.

Spurs m8
03-28-2022, 01:07 AM
Isn't Draymond signed to Lebron's agency? lmao.

That makes sense lol

So being paid a bonus to manufacture Bron some more

Pathetic

Keno
03-28-2022, 01:13 AM
40k/10k/10k coming soon. :banana: