PDA

View Full Version : The Celtics are done. Here to eat crow

ZionDunks
03-28-2022, 04:38 PM
Shitty luck. Would have given suns all they can handle. Maybe mowed them down.

Rob williams is out. This thing is done. People will be lemmings and spin it how they may but I’m a realist.

Another shitty bounce for Celtics. They were going to win the title

Mask the Embiid
03-28-2022, 04:51 PM
here to watch u

CelticBaller
03-28-2022, 05:05 PM
nah

Akeem34TheDream
03-28-2022, 05:19 PM
Yeah unlucky. But Celtics aren't the only team that had a critical injury. I was incredibly high on Cavs they were blowing teams out until Rubio went down. Warriors were the best team in the NBA until Draymond went down. Now they dont have the momentum anymore. Injuries increased a lot in the recent years. I believe 82 games is just too much. Something must be done or we should get used to star players missing playoffs.

theman93
03-28-2022, 05:39 PM
Not necessarily.

The playoffs start on 4/16, so just under 3 weeks away. Meniscus tears take about 6 weeks to recover from so if the Celtics can survive a round or two without him there’s a good chance he can return.

k0kakw0rld
03-28-2022, 05:41 PM
Stay sleeping on the Toronto Raptors. We may mess around and win this whole damn thing. :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
03-28-2022, 05:55 PM
OP is a fifty alternative James Stan that latched into the Celtics because his gimmick needed a gimmick. Glad to see you giving up, now if only you would go away. Never cared for the bandwagon.

Wally450
03-28-2022, 06:41 PM
I'm not done, but it obviously makes the road that much tougher. I look at this as the Celtics losing KG in 2009, from a defensive standpoint at least. He was the big the rejected everything within 3 feet. The anchor to that gritty Celtics defense over the past 3 months.

Horford and Theis take on a much more prominent role this postseason.

ZionDunks
03-29-2022, 02:54 AM
OP is a fifty alternative James Stan that latched into the Celtics because his gimmick needed a gimmick. Glad to see you giving up, now if only you would go away. Never cared for the bandwagon.

Yeah? SMD. Lebron is a race baiter

MrFonzworth
03-29-2022, 06:00 AM
:hammertime::dancin:djparty:dancin:hammertime:

Manny98
03-29-2022, 09:10 AM
Stay sleeping on the Toronto Raptors. We may mess around and win this whole damn thing. :oldlol:
You wish :lol

Airupthere
03-29-2022, 09:22 AM
Is OP AirBonner/GreyGoat as well?

insight
03-29-2022, 09:24 AM
All teams deal with injuries , if a team can't survive losing one role player they are not championship worthy.
Emdid played through a meniscus tear RW will not miss playoffs.

FultzNationRISE
03-29-2022, 09:43 AM

Well actually, no.

No you may not.

:confusedshrug:

Wally450
03-29-2022, 10:15 AM
All teams deal with injuries , if a team can't survive losing one role player they are not championship worthy.
Emdid played through a meniscus tear RW will not miss playoffs.

He's got a large role on the defensive end. He's the anchor in the frontcourt while Smart mans the backcourt. Can't lose a guy like him and expect things to continue to operate smoothly. We're vulnerable inside now.

He's definite missing some time heading into the postseason.

n00bie
03-29-2022, 10:32 AM

If that happened, people would be calling Pascal the next KD.

FultzNationRISE
03-29-2022, 10:37 AM
He's got a large role on the defensive end. He's the anchor in the frontcourt while Smart mans the backcourt. Can't lose a guy like him and expect things to continue to operate smoothly. We're vulnerable inside now.

He's definite missing some time heading into the postseason.

How large is his “role”?

Derka
03-29-2022, 10:51 AM

The Raps just threw their playoff roster up against Marcus Smart + the Celtics bench and if Derrick White makes a wide open layup at the end of OT, the Raps lose at home. :oldlol:

Shogon
03-29-2022, 10:52 AM
Shitty luck. Would have given suns all they can handle. Maybe mowed them down.

Rob williams is out. This thing is done. People will be lemmings and spin it how they may but I’m a realist.

Another shitty bounce for Celtics. They were going to win the title

The Celtics were never going to win the title, but bruh, come on now... everyone understands that when people make predictions, injuries happen and thus it invalidates the person putting themselves out there with the predicition.

I mean, I hope everyone understands this.

Injuries are largely unpredictable.

No reasonable person was going to come back after the Celtics lose a key piece and be like "LOL YOU'RE DUMB THE CELTICS LOST! HAHAHA!"

Yeah, there are some utter dipshits here that would do that, but come on...

RogueBorg
03-29-2022, 11:37 AM
Yeah unlucky. But Celtics aren't the only team that had a critical injury. I was incredibly high on Cavs they were blowing teams out until Rubio went down. Warriors were the best team in the NBA until Draymond went down. Now they dont have the momentum anymore. Injuries increased a lot in the recent years. I believe 82 games is just too much. Something must be done or we should get used to star players missing playoffs.

I thought today's athletes were bigger, stronger, better than past athletes. Something doesn't add up. Oscar and Wilt used to play many more more minutes in a much higher tempo NBA. Today's athlete's are a buncha candy-asses.

Real Men Wear Green
03-29-2022, 12:27 PM
I thought today's athletes were bigger, stronger, better than past athletes. Something doesn't add up. Oscar and Wilt used to play many more more minutes in a much higher tempo NBA. Today's athlete's are a buncha candy-asses.
Modern nba athlete is generally slightly bigger faster and stronger (NFL is more pronounced). But he also has a contract with 100 times the guaranteed money of his counterpart from 1966. So they aren't going to put their bodies through what previous generations did. And to be fair that's wise. As a Celtics fan I want to see Williams blocking shots in the second round in a month. But if I was his father I would tell him not to come back until next season and load manage when you do.