View Full Version : Jokic went 15/19 FG tonight; This is his shot chart

Im Still Ballin
03-30-2022, 09:49 PM
Goddamn. Paint dominance. Post-up king.

https://i.ibb.co/X38z3T4/DEN-vs-IND-on-03-31-2022.png

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-23-2018/tsq3si.gif

AlternativeAcc.
03-30-2022, 10:03 PM
Most impressive back 2 back MVP in the past 8 years.

Monster. MONSTERRRRRRR

FultzNationRISE
03-30-2022, 10:12 PM
Goddamn. Paint dominance. Post-up king.

https://i.ibb.co/X38z3T4/DEN-vs-IND-on-03-31-2022.png

How did he miss one from inside the rim?

:biggums:

Im Still Ballin
03-30-2022, 10:13 PM
Is that Nikola Jokic, or Kevin McHale?

https://gcdnb.pbrd.co/images/Tk6dhahSltnb.gif?o=1

tontoz
03-30-2022, 10:14 PM
To be fair it was against Indy.

But yeah his shooting is crazy. He is shooting 64.6% on 2s for the season.:bowdown:

1987_Lakers
03-30-2022, 10:24 PM
How did he miss one from inside the rim?

:biggums:

Trying to tip it in on a missed basket.

Im Still Ballin
03-30-2022, 10:39 PM
I know it's early, but when you consider his GOAT-level passing from the pivot, Jokic might be one of the best post threats ever. Even if you scale down his numbers for a lack of volume and perhaps lesser post defenders, he's still nuts.

I was reading that last year, Jokic scored 1.1 PPP on single coverage, and 1.4 PPP when he was doubled. Meaning, his passing was so lethal that it was too dangerous to send extra help.

StrongLurk
03-31-2022, 10:19 AM
I'd really like to see how Jokic would play 2000-2010.

When I look at the eye test of Jokic in the post, he is obviously highly skilled, but the post defense is usually bad. I legit think Shaq would be scoring at least 35ppg if you gave him the spacing that Jokic has in this era.

I feel the same way even more so about Giannis. He is so dominant because the NBA is the regular season is basically a track meet. Giannis would be forced to be a very different player and more polish if he was in the NBA 20 years ago.

GimmeThat
03-31-2022, 10:24 AM
the takeaway is that in todays era, players ought to be considered to be fully developed by the age of 25 if not younger.

3ba11
03-31-2022, 10:41 AM
How hard can it be to dominate an empty paint

He needs teammates shooting 40 threes a game and couldn't dominate the packed paints of prior eras (a different game)

FultzNationRISE
03-31-2022, 11:03 AM

When I look at the eye test of Jokic in the post, he is obviously highly skilled, but the post defense is usually bad. I legit think Shaq would be scoring at least 35ppg if you gave him the spacing that Jokic has in this era.

I feel the same way even more so about Giannis. He is so dominant because the NBA is the regular season is basically a track meet. Giannis would be forced to be a very different player and more polish if he was in the NBA 20 years ago.

Huge bingo.

Yet people are practically crowning him GOAT already because of his “resumé.”

Even tho I like him and hes a great player, people omit a lot of context regarding his game and his so-called resumé.

Full Court
03-31-2022, 11:29 AM
Right now the best player in the league is between Jokic and Durant.

Full Court
03-31-2022, 11:30 AM
Huge bingo.

Yet people are practically crowning him GOAT already because of his “resumé.”

Even tho I like him and hes a great player, people omit a lot of context regarding his game and his so-called resumé.

Sounds like you're talking about Bronie. Because if you were, you'd be spot on.

Except that his resume isn't all that great when you factor in all the losing he's done.

tpols
03-31-2022, 12:18 PM

Jokic is a much better passer than Shaq, who was a good passer but there's levels to this shit. The points per possession metrics show its more dangerous to double Jokic.

GimmeThat
03-31-2022, 12:28 PM
Jokic is a much better passer than Shaq, who was a good passer but there's levels to this shit. The points per possession metrics show its more dangerous to double Jokic.

how, the points per possession doesn't consider the amount of time a player's been doubled. there's no saying that when Jokic passed the ball for an assist, it's because he was doubled.

ralph_i_el
03-31-2022, 12:38 PM

The paint is wide open because Jokic punishes help defense with his passing.

Jokic is Shaq and Wilt level efficient around the rim this season. Crazy.

GimmeThat
03-31-2022, 12:47 PM
The paint is wide open because Jokic punishes help defense with his passing.

thought the paint was wide open because of 3ba11, Gobert