PDA

View Full Version : LeBron needs to retire. Maybe ISH can be about basketball for the first time ever.

Shogon
04-04-2022, 10:56 AM
Ever since this forum has existed, it has been obsessed with Kobe, then Kobe and LeBron, and now LeBron. We're talking about for OVER TWENTY YEARS of this shit. LeBron is regularly at least a third of the first page topics, and on the right day, pushing 80%+. During a Finals run? We're talking 100%.

Well the thing of it is, there is nobody that is on that level of greatness waiting on the sidelines to take over. There is nobody in the pipeline that we know of that has that level of greatness.

The traffic here will plummet, but the quality of discussion will assuredly go up, even if only minimally, because people that actually care about basketball will remain.

The religious zealots that are obsessed and base their entire basketball viewing experience around one or two guys will hopefully get the **** out. I understand these people will still exist, but I just can't see any other player in the league right now generating the level of people giving a shit by wanting to suck him off or shit on his head... that player doesn't exist.

I understand there will be a new face of the league after LeBron, but people just aren't going to care as much. That day needs to come sooner than later.

Kblaze8855
04-04-2022, 11:13 AM
They’re just gonna keep talking about him. If they cared about fresh content they wouldn’t still be talking about the same 8 points now. He’s gonna have to be gone quite a while before the worst of the trolls let it go.

FKAri
04-04-2022, 11:14 AM
Then someone else would take his place. You think basketball fans value the actual game over the drama? These athletes wouldn't be able to pay rent if that were the case.

Shogon
04-04-2022, 11:25 AM
They’re just gonna keep talking about him. If they cared about fresh content they wouldn’t still be talking about the same 8 points now. He’s gonna have to be gone quite a while before the worst of the trolls let it go.

I dunno man, the Kobe talk plummeted pretty quickly. People only talk about MJ and Kobe nowadays when they're talking about LeBron. There aren't topics that are consistently made about these guys that have anything to do with anything other than detracting from LBJ.

@FKari... you're right, someone will, but they won't generate the level of discussion. It takes generational players or a really good player in the right market to generate that discussion. We don't have that right now.

You really see 30 topics on the first page being made about Embiid, Luka, Durant, Giannis, Jokic etc? Maybe on a bad playoff game day or something. But not year round, lol. That player is not here yet.

MadDog
04-04-2022, 11:34 AM
You can't bring up ANY of their guys' faults without em thinking you're attacking them personally. :oldlol: Hero worship is a helluva thing. I also agree with "fkari" though. Those same people and a whole set of player stans will just find another athlete to latch onto. Heck Curry and KD already have a toxic fanbase.

If Morant sustains his good play and continues improving, watch out for him too. That Ja 4 MVP thread is just a sneak peek.

Airupthere
04-04-2022, 11:36 AM
I agree that he needs to retire. As for the posts, I think the forum will continue on with the branstans. I guarantee that as soon as the branstans go away, "haters" wll go away. It starts and ends with the branstans.

PS. Then again, not necessarily. Bron has done so much shit in his career that that in itself warrants to be countered and gotten back to. So yes, bron has put it upon himself to be discussed about.

SATAN
04-04-2022, 09:07 PM
I've noticed some Luka stans calling him the GOAT already. Give it time. :lol

John_Connor
04-04-2022, 09:24 PM
lebron is of no significance to this league. he's just a punchline at this point

i've spent more time talking about luka and off topic board shit this year

Soundwave
04-04-2022, 09:29 PM
This isn't really a basketball board, hasn't been in ages unfortunately.

It's a "Kobe and later LeBron stans chasing the ghost of Michael Jordan's career" board, really.

PeroAntic
04-04-2022, 09:33 PM
If Morant sustains his good play and continues improving, watch out for him too. That Ja 4 MVP thread is just a sneak peek.

Right on. Morant fam is taking over boys.

John8204
04-04-2022, 09:34 PM
It's the moderators fault for not having a Lebron forum, as someone who just joined this site it and one time I counted 3 negative Lebron threads to 1 positive one...so it doesn't seem like the "stans" are the issue.

Axe
04-04-2022, 09:39 PM
It's the moderators fault for not having a Lebron forum, as someone who just joined this site it and one time I counted 3 negative Lebron threads to 1 positive one...so it doesn't seem like the "stans" are the issue.
Lmao you don't realize this board is mostly composed of stans from the lebron/king kong fam?

John8204
04-04-2022, 09:43 PM
Lmao you don't realize this board is mostly composed of stans from the lebron/king kong fam?

When you make posts like this I feel like a Rosetta stone

Axe
04-04-2022, 09:47 PM
Well, not for this season. It also depends on how much time he'll be spending recovering from his current injury.

Full Court
04-04-2022, 11:26 PM
We've already got morons starting threads about his kid, who's not even a top level high school player.

The Bronies will probably just transfer all their nutthuggery right over to junior.

TheGoatest
04-05-2022, 03:55 AM
This forum will always be about LeGOATest. Because LeGOATest already penetrated all 5 brain cells of the one jordon extremist on this forum and forced him to create so many alts, that we'll be seeing LeBron dominating page 1 of this forum for years to come. :roll:

Spurs m8
04-05-2022, 04:49 AM
We've already got morons starting threads about his kid, who's not even a top level high school player.

The Bronies will probably just transfer all their nutthuggery right over to junior.

Continue with their low standards

RogueBorg
04-05-2022, 10:06 AM
Ever since this forum has existed, it has been obsessed with Kobe, then Kobe and LeBron, and now LeBron. We're talking about for OVER TWENTY YEARS of this shit. LeBron is regularly at least a third of the first page topics, and on the right day, pushing 80%+. During a Finals run? We're talking 100%.

Well the thing of it is, there is nobody that is on that level of greatness waiting on the sidelines to take over. There is nobody in the pipeline that we know of that has that level of greatness.

The traffic here will plummet, but the quality of discussion will assuredly go up, even if only minimally, because people that actually care about basketball will remain.

The religious zealots that are obsessed and base their entire basketball viewing experience around one or two guys will hopefully get the **** out. I understand these people will still exist, but I just can't see any other player in the league right now generating the level of people giving a shit by wanting to suck him off or shit on his head... that player doesn't exist.

I understand there will be a new face of the league after LeBron, but people just aren't going to care as much. That day needs to come sooner than later.

You got it wrong. The next topic pushing will be is Giannis greater than Lebron? It's coming.

Johnny32
04-05-2022, 10:09 AM
lebron is of no significance to this league. he's just a punchline at this point

i've spent more time talking about luka and off topic board shit this year

He led the nba in all star voting and jersey sales. Still the most popular player by far.

FKAri
04-05-2022, 10:16 AM
All threads either directly or indirectly referencing Lebron should be merged. 3ball posts, regardless of where they are made should automatically be posted in that thread.

Shogon
04-05-2022, 10:31 AM
3ball posts, regardless of where they are made should automatically be posted in that thread.

:roll: