PDA

View Full Version : Lebron can carry bums to the Finals?

Walk on Water
04-04-2022, 01:48 PM
Now we see, he wasn't playing with bums in 07. His Cavalier team played good defense. Lebron now with 4 other hall of famers can't win the championship. He can win the scoring title, but can't make his team better. They can't even make the 8th seed properly and likely won't make the play in tournament. That is pathetic folks. Lebron James is pathetic.

Can we finally stop this talk about how he is the greatest? He is not! You all know it deep down. This season was a failure. He can take his scoring title and stick it up his arse.

Makes players better my ass. Give me a break. He is not effective now and trying to get that scoring title makes me lose respect for him. His points are not effective and they are a losing team.

But I guess I'm just stating the obvious and beating a dead horse.

ShawkFactory
04-04-2022, 01:50 PM
Can? Obviously not.

Could? Different story.

RogueBorg
04-04-2022, 01:58 PM
Now we see, he wasn't playing with bums in 07. His Cavalier team played good defense. Lebron now with 4 other hall of famers can't win the championship. He can win the scoring title, but can't make his team better. They can't even make the 8th seed properly and likely won't make the play in tournament. That is pathetic folks. Lebron James is pathetic.

Can we finally stop this talk about how he is the greatest? He is not! You all know it deep down. This season was a failure. He can take his scoring title and stick it up his arse.

Makes players better my ass. Give me a break. He is not effective now and trying to get that scoring title makes me lose respect for him. His points are not effective and they are a losing team.

The 2007 Cavs team was ALOT better than Lebronnies give them credit for being. It's a huge failure for this Lakers team not being able to get to a 10th seed and miss the playoffs and play-in altogether. If the Lakers don't get in, that'll be 2 missed playoffs out of the last 4 years.

beasted
04-04-2022, 01:59 PM

Great minds think alike. While you were posting this I beat you to the punch and made a thread on a similar topic but based on 2018:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?503473-LeBron-2018-vs-LeBron-2022

3ba11
04-04-2022, 03:49 PM
Can? Obviously not.

Could? Different story.

The 07' Pistons were an ordinary team that anyone could've beaten - it only took 25 on 45% for Lebron to beat them, so you're telling me that Jokic, Giannis or any of today's stars wouldn't EASILY do that?

That run was always overblown especially since the conference was MOSTLY won by 1-star teams in that decade.

Ultimately, Lebron never carried a team because he never beat a top 5 SRS team or Finals team with bed-wetting teammates.. He can only have carry-jobs against weak teams or non-Finals teams.. just like everyone else does.. Like Paul George carrying the Clippers in the playoffs last year until they met real teams

SouBeachTalents
04-04-2022, 03:52 PM
The 07' Pistons were an ordinary team that anyone could've beaten - it only took 25 on 45% for Lebron to beat them, so you're telling me that Jokic, Giannis or any of today's stars wouldn't EASILY do that?

That run was always overblown especially since the conference was MOSTLY won by 1-star teams in that decade.

Ultimately, Lebron never carried a team because he never beat a top 5 SRS team with bed-wetting teammates.. He can only have carry-jobs against weak teams or non-Finals teams
The '96 Sonics were an ordinary team that anyone could've beaten - it only took 27 on 42% for Jordan to beat them, so you're telling me that Jokic, Giannis or any of today's stars wouldn't EASILY do that?

3ba11
04-04-2022, 03:55 PM
The '96 Sonics were an ordinary team that anyone could've beaten - it only took 27 on 42% for Jordan to beat them, so you're telling me that Jokic, Giannis or any of today's stars wouldn't EASILY do that?

The 96' Sonics were a top 5 SRS team that had just demolished Hakeem's back-to-back champions

Jordan defeated maximum defensive attention in that series (carried scoring load) and carried bed-wetting teammates..

Otoh, Lebron never defeated maximum defensive attention in the Finals (never carried scoring load) and never beat a good team with bed-wetting teammates (no carry-jobs against good teams in 2 decades)

SouBeachTalents
04-04-2022, 04:01 PM
The 96' Sonics were a top 5 SRS team that had just demolished Hakeem's back-to-back champions

Jordan defeated maximum defensive attention in that series (carried scoring load) and carried bed-wetting teammates..

Otoh, Lebron never defeated maximum defensive attention in the Finals (never carried scoring load) and never beat a good team with bed-wetting teammates (no carry-jobs against good teams in 2 decades)
That series should tell you more than anything that there's more to basketball than scoring, hence the FMVP push for "8 ppg" Rodman.

John_Connor
04-04-2022, 04:05 PM
https://i.ibb.co/kD8H3J1/maxresdefault-7.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/DzLTCL1/Colin-Cowherd-e1579089725745.jpg

:roll:

Akeem34TheDream
04-04-2022, 04:12 PM
I actually think 2018 Cavs would miss the playoffs if they were in the west. Lebron was the best player in the east by far so he could carry them to the finals barely but in 82 games they would've suffered badly in the western conference

Spurs m8
04-04-2022, 04:13 PM
Outside of Mickey Mouse scrimmages..

In the 3 proper seasons at the Lakers...

Missed the playoffs twice

Won 2 playoff games, thanks to AD scoring over 30 each time...then when AD was injured...he quit lmao

Shogon
04-04-2022, 04:15 PM
I actually think 2018 Cavs would miss the playoffs if they were in the west. Lebron was the best player in the east by far so he could carry them in the finals barely but in 82 games they would've suffered badly in the western conference

So the entire set of 2018 Eastern playoff teams were worse than the entire set of 2018 Western playoff teams?

I know you're talking about regular season, but still...

You're one of the best posters.

This board sucks.

Akeem34TheDream
04-04-2022, 04:21 PM
So the entire set of 2018 Eastern playoff teams were worse than the entire set of 2018 Western playoff teams?

You're one of the best posters.

This board sucks.

Nah 2018 Cavs were old and dependent on an aging star. In regular season you need fresh legs and depth. In playoffs those matter less. For example Raptors,Sixers and Celtics were better during the regular season but Cavs made the finals. Regular season and playoffs results can be very different sometimes.

Nb1
04-04-2022, 05:33 PM
To the Finals?

Read this article: https://www.theringer.com/platform/a...e-year-stretch

He literally carried the 12th worst team in NBA history in a 5 yr span to a championship. The guy literally made 10 finals with the biggest bums ever.
He's been carrying bums to finals his whole career. No one ever came close. Even Jordan only has 6 final appearances and was carried there lol.

Baller789
04-04-2022, 10:58 PM
To the Finals?

Read this article: https://www.theringer.com/platform/a...e-year-stretch

He literally carried the 12th worst team in NBA history in a 5 yr span to a championship. The guy literally made 10 finals with the biggest bums ever.
He's been carrying bums to finals his whole career. No one ever came close. Even Jordan only has 6 final appearances and was carried there lol.

The issue is, why couldn't he do it now if what you say is true?

kawhileonard2
04-04-2022, 11:20 PM

Great post!

Full Court
04-04-2022, 11:30 PM
This year he couldn't even carry a super team to the playoffs. :roll:

Spurs m8
04-05-2022, 01:09 AM
This year he couldn't even carry a super team to the playoffs. :roll:

:roll::roll::roll:

3ba11
04-05-2022, 01:12 AM
That series should tell you more than anything that there's more to basketball than scoring, hence the FMVP push for "8 ppg" Rodman.

Rodman wouldn't be playable on any Lebron team

Lebron needs way too much scoring help and can't win with 3 ppg guys like Rodman or woat sidekick performance like Pippen's 15 on 34%

Show me where he won without a go-to teammate or elite scorers as teammates