PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bogut was allowed to screen differently in GS

j3lademaster
04-04-2022, 07:24 PM
Taken from NBA Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/tw1hs9/andrew_bogut_one_thing_that_was_crazy_about_that/).

One thing that was crazy about that run was the shit that I used to get away with screening, man it was all time.

I knew if I was in Milwaukee and I set that I'd foul out in the first quarter, but playing in Golden State, when they started to become that underdog team that was building up, I knew once Steph or Klay got hot, the refs would be in the moment as well. I could literally clothesline someone off the next pindown, I know Klay just hit 3 in a row, the crowd's on their feet as he's getting his 4th and I could punch somebody in the face on a screen, knock em out and they wouldn't call it. Klay would get his 4th 3, and even the refs would go "Wow" (and ignore it), it was crazy.

Then I get traded to Dallas to set those same screens and I'd get 3 fouls in the first quarter, It was just crazy with the stuff I used to get away with there.

If this was Bogut, I wonder what Zaza got away with.

r0drig0lac
04-04-2022, 07:36 PM
high IQ Andrew Bogut

beasted
04-04-2022, 08:45 PM
I used to point this out all the time. It still happens with Green there all the time.

It's so devious too because there's 3 ways this could go:
1) Run full speed into the screen and earn the offensive foul, but possibly get yourself injured
2) Run full speed trying to snake the screen and get no foul call and because you're bumped off your route and you're out of control, you end up legitimately fouling Curry or Klay and potentially giving them 3 foul shots or even a 4 point play
3) Chase screens softly and give up open shots then get benched or lose the game.

Axe
04-04-2022, 11:51 PM
These screens have really become so pivotal during their dynasty days last decade. No other team could even try to replicate that nowadays.

ImKobe
04-05-2022, 03:19 AM
Lol I remember everyone bitching about the moving screens and how physical they were allowed to be defensively. NBA has always done this with the best teams/superstars though. You see the same shit with the Suns & Bucks. Some teams are allowed to get away with murder while the opposing team can't even breathe on them. It gets interesting in the CF/Finals when two teams who are used to getting away with it match up and the refs stop giving them that treatment in the biggest game(s).

Akeem34TheDream
04-05-2022, 03:36 AM
NBA rigging for the big market teams. What else is new?

TheGoatest
04-05-2022, 03:39 AM
Watching the Warriors get away with all those moving screens during the 2015 finals while they were playing a team whose second best player was Matthew Dellavedova was disgraceful. On top of Iguodala's hacking fouls. As if they needed more help. :facepalm

ArbitraryWater
04-05-2022, 06:20 AM
Lmao, thats amazing.

Straight from the horse's mouth.

Somebody gotta make a highlight of the 2015 finals screens and those 2018 WCF G7 screens with these texts now :lol

invalid ass rings

FKAri
04-05-2022, 09:54 AM
Kinda damning thing to admit. Doubt his ex-teammates are happy about this.

warriorfan
04-05-2022, 10:40 AM
Absolutely fuming.

:lol

Shogon
04-05-2022, 10:46 AM
Absolutely fuming.

:lol

Nobody is fuming.

Bogut is admitting he cheated. Draymond won't admit it but he has cheated. This is a guy that has gone out of his way to kick people in the nuts repeatedly and repeatedly claim it was "kinesthesiology" and that the refs just didn't understand kinesthesiology. He has since, however, stopped kicking people in the nuts after LeBron baited him out of a championship.

People like Chris Paul, Devin Booker, LeBron James, James Harden, Joel Embiid, etc etc etc are all actively cheating all the time with their flopping and massively exaggerated contact.

Players in the NBA cheat. Not exactly a surprise.

j3lademaster
04-05-2022, 02:21 PM
Absolutely fuming.

:lolAbout what? I'm a huge fan of Steph's game.

ImKobe
04-05-2022, 02:52 PM
Lmao, thats amazing.

Straight from the horse's mouth.

Somebody gotta make a highlight of the 2015 finals screens and those 2018 WCF G7 screens with these texts now :lol

invalid ass rings

Cmon lol, Bran got away with a ton of offensive fouls in his prime years and the Cavs were allowed to play 90s defense on those guys in the Finals, especially when they were down 1 - 3.

tpols
04-05-2022, 02:58 PM
Bogut was a great defensive piece but the warriors vaunted "death lineup" which was by far their most explosive offensive ensemble, didn't even include Bogut. So pining on about whether this effects the splash brothers reputations is silly. Curry was the scoring leader last year with below average offensive help.

hold this L
04-05-2022, 03:06 PM
Lebron fans complainig in here but are ok with his 20 offensive fouls he commits with his arm whenever he attempts to drive towards the rim. You love to see it.

j3lademaster
04-05-2022, 04:01 PM
Bogut was a great defensive piece but the warriors vaunted "death lineup" which was by far their most explosive offensive ensemble, didn't even include Bogut. So pining on about whether this effects the splash brothers reputations is silly. Curry was the scoring leader last year with below average offensive help.Last season was one of the best 'low key' seasons ever. Curry was on pace to beat his own untouchable 3 pt record and no one was talking about it.

Baller789
04-05-2022, 10:30 PM
Wasn't it up to the NBA to curtail this? Not GSWs fault if the league continually ignores it.