PDA

View Full Version : In a few years, people will realize how harmfull Lebron has been to the NBA..

90sgoat
04-05-2022, 10:14 AM
...sports and society in general.

I'm definitely not the only one that has followed the NBA a lot more this season with parity and a real competitive situation.

The reason is that Lebron James is now irrellevant and can't stack the deck anymore.

That makes sports what it used to be, about competing and being the best.

Under the terror regime of Lebron, players could not win, so they had to do all kinds of crap to get noticed, be it average a trip-dup or dress in ugly clothes.

Lebron has been tremendeously harmful to the NBA, creating an entire generation of players like him who collude, prance and preen and say stupid shit about politics.

I can't wait for this idiot to remove himself from the league.

Real Men Wear Green
04-05-2022, 10:18 AM
It's hard to tell what exact effect he's had but I wouldn't be shocked if he made the Cavs owner a billion dollars.

90sgoat
04-05-2022, 10:20 AM
It's hard to tell what exact effect he's had but I wouldn't be shocked if he made the Cavs owner a billion dollars.

Yes Lebron is a capitalist big whoop.

Why do americans talk about basketball like they're business analysts?

RogueBorg
04-05-2022, 10:21 AM
https://fadeawayworld.net/.image/c_limit%2Ccs_srgb%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_700/MTg0NDE5MzQ3NzQ0MTcxMDk3/nba-memes-trolls-lebron-and-westbrook-for-their-jersey-numbers-6-rings-lost-0-rings-won.webp

FultzNationRISE
04-05-2022, 10:24 AM

I'm definitely not the only one that has followed the NBA a lot more this season with parity and a real competitive situation.

The reason is that Lebron James is now irrellevant and can't stack the deck anymore.

Under the terror regime of Lebron, players could not win, so they had to do all kinds of crap to get noticed, be it averaging a triple dup or dress in ugly clothes.

Lebron has been tremendeously harmful to the NBA, creating an entire generation of players like him who collude, prance and preen and say stupid shit about politics.

Lotta dudes around here doing that too methinks.

Real Men Wear Green
04-05-2022, 10:28 AM
Yes Lebron is a capitalist big whoop.

Why do americans talk about basketball like they're business analysts?

One of us understands why the NBA exists. The other one of us is you.

Shogon
04-05-2022, 10:32 AM
Lotta dudes around here doing that too methinks.

:roll:

Someone give this guy a mirror.

Shogon
04-05-2022, 10:33 AM

:roll:

ISH bringing the funny today.

90sgoat
04-05-2022, 10:44 AM

If you think the NBA only exists to line the pockets of its owners, why do you even watch it?

Why not just watch Bloomberg?

Shogon
04-05-2022, 10:50 AM
If you think the NBA only exists to line the pockets of its owners, why do you even watch it?

Nobody would be there, including the players, were it not for the money. Nobody is there for the love of the game, not even Kevin Durant.

FKAri
04-05-2022, 10:54 AM
I'm sorry that Lebron has caused you so much pain but the tyranny and oppression has only begun. Once Lebron is no longer tied down by the shackles of being a player, He will be able to assume his more terrible and more powerful forms. LeAnalyst. LeSportsAgent. LeCommisioner. LeOwner.

Like The Four Horsemen, His forms will travel to each divisional corner of the NBA and corrupt it. And He will become the one who hand picks the champions. He will give a ring out each year to mortal men who are doomed to die. Who, above all else, desire power. And into these rings he will pour his cruelty, his malice and his will to dominate all of basketball.

If you will be my companion we can venture on a perilous, homoerotic journey to put an end to this reign of terror.

90sgoat
04-05-2022, 11:09 AM
I'm sorry that Lebron has caused you so much pain but the tyranny and oppression has only begun. Once Lebron is no longer tied down by the shackles of being a player, He will be able to assume his more terrible and more powerful forms. LeAnalyst. LeSportsAgent. LeCommisioner. LeOwner.

Oh god you're right.

Real Men Wear Green
04-05-2022, 12:54 PM

Because it's entertaining. There is a deeper meaning to you? If I need to feel like whatever I'm watching doesn't exist for someone to get paid I wouldn't have a TV. Billionaire owners didn't gain that wealth by spending hundreds of millions for fun. NBA has megabillion dollar tv contracts and they aren't sending that money to charity.

Johnny32
04-05-2022, 01:16 PM

Like The Four Horsemen, His forms will travel to each divisional corner of the NBA and corrupt it. And He will become the one who hand picks the champions. He will give a ring out each year to mortal men who are doomed to die. Who, above all else, desire power. And into these rings he will pour his cruelty, his malice and his will to dominate all of basketball.

If you will be my companion we can venture on a perilous, homoerotic journey to put an end to this reign of terror.

Lol

Spurs m8
04-05-2022, 03:23 PM
Yep.

This season is a good example...LeBrons deck stacking hasn't worke, so he's now irrelevant.

Meanwhile, we're about to head into a playoffs that could be one for the ages

ImKobe
04-05-2022, 04:00 PM

Under the terror regime of Lebron, players could not win, so they had to do all kinds of crap to get noticed, be it average a trip-dup or dress in ugly clothes.

He really can't.

He tried to get PG when he joined the Lakers in '18 - Fail, doesn't even meet with the team after wanting to join them in '17 :oldlol: , PG chooses WB over Bran :kobe:

"LA was pissed at me," George said Wednesday on the "Short Story Long" podcast. "I didn't give Magic (Johnson) a (meeting), which I understand. But at that point, I knew I wanted to give (playing with the Thunder) another shot. I didn't want to prolong it and waste people's time."
He tried to get Kawhi in '19 - fail, Kawhi chooses the Clippers and has PG force his way to his team
He tried to get KD in '19 - fail, Durant shits on Lebron after the fact

And despite the attraction of playing in the Los Angeles market, the Lakers are not presently believed to be the preferred destination for top free agents in 2019 like Durant, Leonard and Butler.

"If you're a younger player like a Kawhi, trying to pair him with LeBron James doesn't really make sense," Durant told Bleacher Report. "Kawhi enjoys having the ball in his hands, controlling the offense, dictating the tempo with his post-ups; it's how he plays the game. A lot of young players are developing that skill. They don't need another guy."

Durant also cited the relentless media coverage of James as a potential factor that might discourage a star player from joining forces with the four-time league MVP.

"So much hype comes from being around LeBron from other people," Durant said. "He has so many fanboys in the media. Even the beat writers just fawn over him. I'm like, we're playing basketball here, and it's not even about basketball at certain points.

"So I get why anyone wouldn't want to be in that environment because it's toxic. Especially when the attention is bulls--- attention, fluff. It's not LeBron's fault at all; it's just the fact you have so many groupies in the media that love to hang on every word. Just get out of the way and let us play basketball."

Established players who have the capability to adjust and mold their games will fare the best, Durant said.

"Kevin Love, he had to totally change his game to fit, to be a shooter. Which, I think, he deserves way more credit for switching his game. Bosh, same way," Durant said of Chris Bosh, James' former teammate with the Miami Heat. "LeBron is a player that needs to play with guys that already know how they play the game -- and shooters. Like, young players that are still developing, it's always going to be hard because he demands the ball so much, he demands control of the offense and he creates for everybody."

BarberSchool
04-05-2022, 04:04 PM

Highly underrated post.

3ba11
04-05-2022, 04:31 PM
It's funny that people gave him credit for "carrying" teams to the Finals when he literally stacked the deck in a conference that Horford and Oladipo would've otherwise been winning as 0-star teams

Now that he's out West, he literally needs a teammate to completely dominate to avoid the lottery

Night and day