PDA

View Full Version : NBPA needs to investigate the Lakers' failure to consult LBJ on the Westbrick trade

FultzNationRISE
04-06-2022, 11:23 AM
Veteran, HOF players deserve to be consulted on significant roster moves made by the team. It's just common freaking sense. Whether or not it's written in the CBA is immaterial, because it's an entrenched custom that carries the force of law.

The Lakers should have known it was appropriate and necessary to allow LeHumble to weigh in on the decision to pursue Westbrick. Obviously Bron does not make proactive efforts to get involved in roster affairs, but something as consequential as that trade should have 100% gone thru his metaphorical "war room" (which doesnt really exist).

Lakers management was out of line. A public apology is necessary, and a fine may be warranted.

Nobody wants to see something like this happen again.

Shogon
04-06-2022, 11:27 AM
The Lakers had better fits available in DeRozan, Hield and Lowry but for some reason settled on Westbrook. It probably was LeBron, tbh. I personally wanted Hield of the 4.

I still maintain Westbrook is the best player of those 4 when he's the lead dog, and it was worth what they gave up. Kuzma and KCP? Are you kidding? It was worth the gamble, even if it was unlikely to work out.

The talent disparity between Westbrook and KCP/Kuzma is so incredible that you HAVE TO MAKE THAT TRADE just to see for sure.

Anyone who says otherwise is partaking in revisionist history.

Too bad the Lakers just absolutely gutted the rest of their roster over the past 2 offseasons.

PeroAntic
04-06-2022, 12:11 PM
Veteran, HOF players deserve to be consulted on significant roster moves made by the team. It's just common freaking sense. Whether or not it's written in the CBA is immaterial, because it's an entrenched custom that carries the force of law.

The Lakers should have known it was appropriate and necessary to allow LeHumble to weigh in on the decision to pursue Westbrick. Obviously Bron does not make proactive efforts to get involved in roster affairs, but something as consequential as that trade should have 100% gone thru his metaphorical "war room" (which doesnt really exist).

Lakers management was out of line. A public apology is necessary, and a fine may be warranted.

:roll::roll::roll:

This guys is honestly the GOAT troll of this board. Hes relentless. Fantastic job bro, unlike Lebron, you never fail to deliver.

RRR3
04-06-2022, 12:14 PM
The Lakers had better fits available in DeRozan, Hield and Lowry but for some reason settled on Westbrook. It probably was LeBron, tbh. I personally wanted Hield of the 4.

I still maintain Westbrook is the best player of those 4 when he's the lead dog, and it was worth what they gave up. Kuzma and KCP? Are you kidding? It was worth the gamble, even if it was unlikely to work out.

The talent disparity between Westbrook and KCP/Kuzma is so incredible that you HAVE TO MAKE THAT TRADE just to see for sure.

Too bad the Lakers just absolutely gutted the rest of their roster over the past 2 offseasons.
KCP and Kuzma are infinitely more valuable on the Lakers than Westbrook is and that was obvious to anyone with a functioning prefrontal lobe, which counts you out sadly.

Shogon
04-06-2022, 12:20 PM
KCP and Kuzma are infinitely more valuable on the Lakers than Westbrook is and that was obvious to anyone with a functioning prefrontal lobe, which counts you out sadly.

Hey dumb****, they had those players the previous year... AND THEY HAD Harrell AND THEY HAD Schroder and they SUCKED.

They had to make a move. They chose the wrong one, but taking a gamble was worth given the talent disparity.

Unless your dumb ass thinks they were winning another title with KCP and Kuzma being vital pieces. :roll:

FultzNationRISE
04-06-2022, 01:25 PM
Hey dumb****, they had those players the previous year... AND THEY HAD Harrell AND THEY HAD Schroder and they SUCKED.

They had to make a move. They chose the wrong one, but taking a gamble was worth given the talent disparity.

Unless your dumb ass thinks they were winning another title with KCP and Kuzma being vital pieces. :roll:

Lebron came into this year an even better shooter than last year. They were poised for another run. But unfortunately Westbrick was an absolute disease.

If they kept some combination of Schroeder, Kuz, KCP, and Caruso they would undoubtedly be better this year. It was a big time mistake from Day 1.

It’s not that those guys are any good... theyre not. But simply being basic replacement value amounts to a vast upgrade over what WB did this year. Westbrick was a one man MACHINE of missed shots and turnovers.

And it really was not hard to see coming.

BarberSchool
04-06-2022, 01:31 PM
Pelinka and Magic wanted DeRozan.
DeRozan contract would have left enough bread to keep Caruso & KCP.

LeBron threatened to take his talents back to Ohio, unless they signed Westbrick.
Pelinka didn’t want Westbrick.

Your God LeFraud failed you, OP, not the LakeShow.

LeGoat4Life
04-06-2022, 01:35 PM
Lefailure with a stacked all star team

bladefd
04-06-2022, 01:46 PM

Lakers had to trade them but not for Westbrook. When rumors began flying of Westbrook to Lakers, I knew it was going to not work out. I had been trashing the trade a week before it actually went down. Westbrook has been a broken player ever since I saw him in the bubble and most of the Wizards season. He is not and I don't think he was ever a championship level player. He was great at picking up stats but he is never winning a chip and never going to be the reason for winning a chip.

Not only did we acquire a horrendous player in Westbrick but we gave up assets we could have used for someone else who actually fit the roster. Westbrook's contract also makes him very difficult to move this summer.

I didn't think the buddy Hield trade was good either but much better than this Westbrook trade because we could have held onto kcp and kept our 1st rounder. It would have also allowed us to hold onto Caruso. If Hield didn't work out, he would have been pretty easy to move this summer due to 20mill contract (and being an elite shooter, someone would have taken him). The team would have been much better. However, the morons in LeBron/AD pushed for westbrick trade and the other moron Pelinka went along with it.

Bronbron23
04-06-2022, 05:15 PM

Stop trollin dude you know damn well it was brons brilliant decision to sign Westbrick

coin24
04-06-2022, 10:56 PM
People seeing how dumb LeTiny really is:lol

Baller789
04-07-2022, 08:16 PM

Nope.

It was pretty obvious that Westbrook with Bron would be a terrible combination.

I mean two non shooting stat whores together? Who would have thought? :facepalm

imdaman99
04-07-2022, 10:49 PM
More fat internet nerds calling someone westbrick. The fact remains they weren't winning shit with or without him. Lol at KCP and Kuzma... yeah I'm sure they would have done great without AD on the court for half the season. And Lebron out for a lot of games himself. Some loser on here told me the Lakers would have won more without Westbrook even playing... I'm sure Malik Monk and Carmelo Anthony are stars that can lead teams to wins in your thick heads... but not mine :lol

FultzNationRISE
04-07-2022, 11:45 PM
More fat internet nerds calling someone westbrick. The fact remains they weren't winning shit with or without him. Lol at KCP and Kuzma... yeah I'm sure they would have done great without AD on the court for half the season. And Lebron out for a lot of games himself. Some loser on here told me the Lakers would have won more without Westbrook even playing... I'm sure Malik Monk and Carmelo Anthony are stars that can lead teams to wins in your thick heads... but not mine :lol

Im sorry your irl thirst for dude has you feelin some way, but that is 100% true. He was UNEQUIVOCALLY the biggest net negative player in the game this season.

Baller789
04-07-2022, 11:46 PM
But I thought Lebron only needed a ball?