PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers need to pull a rabbit out of the hat this offseason, otherwise...

Shogon
04-06-2022, 11:35 AM
they might be looking at a 10 year rebuild to get back to contender status, lol. Good, I'm glad. Tired of seeing the Lakers win since the past... forever. They deserve to go through some shit / mediocre shit stretches just like Boston has endured.

I mean at the end of the day, it's LA, and the Lakers... so once LeBron/Westbrook/Davis are all gone, they're going to have the cap room to sign someone big and they probably will, but damn if it won't be a tough mountain to climb to get back to contender status.

Three key points

-No young players with any meaningful upside on the roster
-No cap space until the summer of 2023
-No first round draft pick until summer of 2027 which they're probably going to be stupid enough this offseason to deal in desperation

It looks like the Lakers luck is finally about to run out.

Between Jerry Buss passing away and Jerry West not having been involved in quite some time, it's a miracle that they even got the 2020 title. That literally does not happen and they are still in the process of being mediocre right this very second if LeBron doesn't decide he wants to play there.

Imagine?

Lonzo Ball + Ingram + Kuzma still together? They're a first round exit at best, lol.

Anyways, **** the Lakers. Time to suffer, because that fan base has been insufferable on this website for YEARS.

FultzNationRISE
04-06-2022, 11:38 AM
There really are no excuses for this organization.

If Lebron can pull an anaconda out of his shorts, theres no reason they cant pull a rabbit out a hat.

This is their last chance.

1987_Lakers
04-06-2022, 11:59 AM
This organization was been poorly run the moment Jerry Buss passed away. We went from having Jerry West as GM then Mitch Kupchak who somehow pulled the Gasol trade BUT then somehow pulled all-time bad free agency signings with Luol Deng & Mozgov. The moment we signed them I knew shit was headed in the wrong direction.

The fact that they promoted Magic speaks volumes, nothing about him screams GM. When you hear him talk basketball you get nothing insightful, just a bunch of stuff you would hear a low grade analyst at ESPN say, he made a mistake taking Ball over Tatum in the draft, but for some odd reason LeBron chose us. Then of course, the job was too hard for Magic and he stepped down.

I give credit to the organization for being aggressive and trading for AD, which led us to a chip, but that's about it. Pelinka is NOT that dude. He also passed on Garland in the draft (I know he would have been apart of the AD deal if we drafted him, but passing on him shows Pelinka's evaluation skills). I don't know what the answer is gonna be to fix this shit show, but I guess time will tell.

Real Men Wear Green
04-06-2022, 12:34 PM
If my memory serves me Ball told the Celtics he didn't want to come here and his dad was doing all he could to ensure Ball would be a Laker. I truly appreciated the fact that they were up front about it and over the years have been more grateful every game that Ball forced Ainge to go with Tatum. Celtics fan's everywhere have a debt of gratitude to Magic Pelinka (?) and LA for that one.

BarberSchool
04-06-2022, 01:26 PM
They’re gonna fire Vogel/Pelinka, place the blame on them two instead of taking responsibility for their actions, with blame squarely on LeFraud for forcing LeGM decisions over Pelinka under threat of taking his talents back to Ohio & Obviously on Westbrick, for being the selfish, inefficient, turnover-machine, stat padding batty bwoy he always was. and continue forward with their delusion, into legacy-ruining PED convictions. It’s going to be glorious to watch.

bladefd
04-06-2022, 02:01 PM
they might be looking at a 10 year rebuild to get back to contender status, lol. Good, I'm glad. Tired of seeing the Lakers win since the past... forever. They deserve to go through some shit / mediocre shit stretches just like Boston has endured.

I mean at the end of the day, it's LA, and the Lakers... so once LeBron/Westbrook/Davis are all gone, they're going to have the cap room to sign someone big and they probably will, but damn if it won't be a tough mountain to climb to get back to contender status.

Three key points

-No young players with any meaningful upside on the roster
-No cap space until the summer of 2023
-No first round draft pick until summer of 2027 which they're probably going to be stupid enough this offseason to deal in desperation

It looks like the Lakers luck is finally about to run out.

Between Jerry Buss passing away and Jerry West not having been involved in quite some time, it's a miracle that they even got the 2020 title. That literally does not happen and they are still in the process of being mediocre right this very second if LeBron doesn't decide he wants to play there.

Imagine?

Lonzo Ball + Ingram + Kuzma still together? They're a first round exit at best, lol.

Anyways, **** the Lakers. Time to suffer, because that fan base has been insufferable on this website for YEARS.

You are wrong about couple things. Lakers have 1st round picks. Remember, teams cannot trade pick swaps (I believe Lakers have 1 pick swap remaining with Pelicans) and you cannot trade back-to-back years. What people are confusing is tradeable picks (only 2027 & 2029 are tradeable) versus picks Lakers have but can't trade.

Lakers will have 1st round pick in 2023 but it's a potential swap if Pelicans want. Pelicans afterwards have the option to get either the 2024 pick or 2025 pick (but not both). Lakers have 2026 pick because you can't trade back-to-back years. In all, Lakers have a 1st in 2023 (can't trade), 2024 or 2025 (can't trade either), 2026 (can't trade), 2027 (tradeable), 2028 (can't trade), and 2029 (tradeable).

Also, Reaves is a decent rookie who needs work on his shooting. He has Caruso upside, which is pretty good. Lakers scouts are very good, one of the few things Lakers are still great at.

bullettooth
04-06-2022, 02:02 PM
No.

Fans deserve better, the Lakers don't need to ALWAYS be in the spotlight. **** their entitled franchise and fanbase.

hold this L
04-06-2022, 02:32 PM
They need to find a magical way to get rid of Westbrook. If they do, they will be fine. They can have cap to get shooters and defenders which should be more than enough for Bron and AD. They could also do a massive deal to trade AD and WB could be used as a tool to also make it happen while getting a top 15 player and elite role players back.

bison
04-06-2022, 04:08 PM
This organization was been poorly run the moment Jerry Buss passed away. We went from having Jerry West as GM then Mitch Kupchak who somehow pulled the Gasol trade BUT then somehow pulled all-time bad free agency signings with Luol Deng & Mozgov. The moment we signed them I knew shit was headed in the wrong direction.

The fact that they promoted Magic speaks volumes, nothing about him screams GM. When you hear him talk basketball you get nothing insightful, just a bunch of stuff you would hear a low grade analyst at ESPN say, he made a mistake taking Ball over Tatum in the draft, but for some odd reason LeBron chose us. Then of course, the job was too hard for Magic and he stepped down.

I give credit to the organization for being aggressive and trading for AD, which led us to a chip, but that's about it. Pelinka is NOT that dude. He also passed on Garland in the draft (I know he would have been apart of the AD deal if we drafted him, but passing on him shows Pelinka's evaluation skills). I don't know what the answer is gonna be to fix this shit show, but I guess time will tell.

Pelinka is not gonna get canned. That's Jeannie's boy toy. The problem with the Buss family is that they think the Lakers are a family business. They are old fashioned and think signing big names = championship. Big 3 era is over. You need roster depth in today's league. From Kupchak to Magic to Pelinka, they only hire within the Lakers fam. So I'm not counting on them bringing someone outside the box, with a fresher perspective thats more attuned to the new NBA style. the best thing would be if the Busses sold the team, but that's never gonna happen because they believe they own the franchise by birthright.

bison
04-06-2022, 04:10 PM
They need to find a magical way to get rid of Westbrook. If they do, they will be fine. They can have cap to get shooters and defenders which should be more than enough for Bron and AD. They could also do a massive deal to trade AD and WB could be used as a tool to also make it happen while getting a top 15 player and elite role players back.

The silver lining is westbrook will be on an expiring contract. So any team looking to blow it up and get rid of some multi year contracts (like indiana for example) might be willing to talk to the Lakers. I don't believe Westbrook will be moved in the summer tho, but I'm more optimistic something can get done when trade deadline season arrives.

BarberSchool
04-06-2022, 04:25 PM
The silver lining is westbrook will be on an expiring contract. So any team looking to blow it up and get rid of some multi year contracts (like indiana for example) might be willing to talk to the Lakers. I don't believe Westbrook will be moved in the summer tho, but I'm more optimistic something can get done when trade deadline season arrives.This is the most likely scenario, but i want them to try to stick it out longer, so I can try to overdose on schaddenfreude.

Spurs m8
04-06-2022, 04:46 PM
It's so fvcking funny...LeBarry will be wanting to get rid of Westbrick, more than anyone else hes ever played with....yet he's the one that brought him in less than a year ago :roll::roll::roll::roll:

BarberSchool
04-06-2022, 05:43 PM
It's so fvcking funny...LeBarry will be wanting to get rid of Westbrick, more than anyone else hes ever played with....yet he's the one that brought him in less than a year ago :roll::roll::roll::roll:Its absolutely the most picture perfect thing LeBron’s ever done for the game of basketball.

He is destroying his own legacy and Westbrick’s.

90sgoat
04-06-2022, 06:06 PM
They'll probably allow Lebron to hang around and bitch for a season more, but they really shouldn't.

They should cash in on Lebron, Westbrook and AD for picks and some younger players.

Believe it or not but those 3 will still land a bunch of picks for a mediocre Eastern team, think Knicks or even a team like Chicago or Raptors.

NBAGOAT
04-06-2022, 06:07 PM
The silver lining is westbrook will be on an expiring contract. So any team looking to blow it up and get rid of some multi year contracts (like indiana for example) might be willing to talk to the Lakers. I don't believe Westbrook will be moved in the summer tho, but I'm more optimistic something can get done when trade deadline season arrives.

praying for brogdon/hield im guessing lol. that is the best package out there i think

Spurs m8
04-06-2022, 06:12 PM
Its absolutely the most picture perfect thing LeBron’s ever done for the game of basketball.

He is destroying his own legacy and Westbrick’s.

:roll::roll::roll:

Spurs m8
04-06-2022, 06:14 PM
What's also hilarious, most have not wanted to play with bron for a while now....hence the war room only getting Westbrook

Now after this season, even less are gonna wanna play with him

Playing with him just isn't fun in any way...its also not going to get you success

90sgoat
04-06-2022, 06:20 PM

How do you feel about Davis Bertans?

NBAGOAT
04-06-2022, 06:23 PM
How do you feel about Davis Bertans?

dallas already has dinwiddie and maybe brunson. westbrook is the last thing they need

HylianNightmare
04-06-2022, 08:04 PM
I hope they suck as long as leclank is there

bladefd
04-06-2022, 09:46 PM

Very few teams will have enough assets to match Westbrook salary in the summer, unfortunately. I only see 5 teams that could absorb Westbrook's contract, and they would have a potential reason to tank.

-Indiana doesn't have a lot of assets to make a trade work in the summer unless if they decide to move Turner (Brogdon is broken goods). I would not mind Turner + Hield for Westbrook + 2027 FRP. It works from money angle. http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycng8t9l
If Pacers still believe in THT, Lakers can throw him in, but Pacers may not want an extra year of THT on their books. This trade works but Pacers are unlikely to do it http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb5px7ff

-Knicks if they want to get rid of Rose + Fournier to clear the books. http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9qlsyd4 ... NO RANDLE. Horrendous contract that must not be touched.

-Charlotte if they want to dump Terry Rozier + Oubre (or Hayward but he may be broken goods now). Salaries still would not work without a 3rd team.

-OKC can take Westbrook, but matching salaries would be HELL. They would have to do something like acquire Tobias Harris then flip him to LA for Westbrook + 2027 FRP. So a third team would be required.

-Sacramento is possible, but they would have difficulty matching salaries too even with Harrison Barnes . A third team would have to be involved, much like with OKC trade above. It would not make sense for them to get Westbrook tho unless if they traded Fox too elsewhere & went tank mode.

TheGoatest
04-07-2022, 02:10 PM
Yes, we all know that the Lakers were shit since the early 2010s. They were on their path to be the worst team in the NBA for two decades if LeGOATest didn't alter this by choosing to come to this franchise and win a championship/Finals MVP. :applause: :rockon:

theman93
04-07-2022, 03:13 PM
Yes, we all know that the Lakers were shit since the early 2010s. They were on their path to be the worst team in the NBA for two decades if LeGOATest didn't alter this by choosing to come to this franchise and win a championship/Finals MVP. :applause: :rockon:

2018 Lakers: 37-45

2022 Lakers: 31-48 and no 1st round pick until 2027

1987_Lakers
04-07-2022, 03:19 PM
2018 Lakers: 37-45

2022 Lakers: 31-48 and no 1st round pick until 2027

WTF are you talking about? We have a 1st round pick in 2023. :lol

theman93
04-07-2022, 03:28 PM
WTF are you talking about? We have a 1st round pick in 2023. :lol

Oh that's right, the Pelicans just own their souls for the next 4 years :roll:

1987_Lakers
04-07-2022, 03:31 PM
Oh that's right, the Pelicans just own their souls for the next 4 years :roll:

"Lakers will have 1st round pick in 2023 but it's a potential swap if Pelicans want. Pelicans afterwards have the option to get either the 2024 pick or 2025 pick (but not both)."

Wrong again.

bison
04-07-2022, 03:35 PM
"Lakers will have 1st round pick in 2023 but it's a potential swap if Pelicans want. Pelicans afterwards have the option to get either the 2024 pick or 2025 pick (but not both)."

Wrong again.

I think the Lakers own their 2026 1st round pick as well.

theman93
04-07-2022, 03:40 PM

Wrong again.

Their 2022 1st round pick is owed to NO or Memphis, their 2023 1st round pick NO gets to choose the better of, their 2024 1st is owed to NO, and their 2025 1st round pick is owed to NO.

So yes, the Pelicans own their soul for the next 4 years.

1987_Lakers
04-07-2022, 03:43 PM
Their 2022 1st round pick is owed to NO or Memphis, their 2023 1st round pick NO gets to choose the better of, their 2024 1st is owed to NO, and their 2025 1st round pick is owed to NO.

So yes, the Pelicans own their soul for the next 4 years.

Your initial post was how we didn't have a 1st round pick until 2027. You were wrong.

Just take the L and move on.

theman93
04-07-2022, 03:44 PM
Your initial post was how we didn't have a 1st round pick until 2027. You were wrong.

Just take the L and move on.

Getting turned into Chris Dudley/Brandon Knight of ISH still got you triggered little guy? :lol :lol

1987_Lakers
04-07-2022, 03:46 PM
Getting turned into Chris Dudley/Brandon Knight of ISH still got you triggered little guy? :lol :lol

I was simply correcting you and now the one who seems triggered is you. :lol

theman93
04-07-2022, 03:48 PM
I was simply correcting you and now the one who seems triggered is you. :lol

Seething

https://c.tenor.com/HhmxTMoaZ5AAAAAC/trureal-chris.gif

1987_Lakers
04-07-2022, 03:53 PM
https://c.tenor.com/HhmxTMoaZ5AAAAAC/trureal-chris.gif

TheMan after getting told we do in fact have 1st round picks. :lol

bladefd
04-07-2022, 06:56 PM

Wrong again.

Yeah, it's either-or but not both..

The Pelicans have the right to take the Lakers’ 2024 pick, or they could simply kick it down the road a year and take the team’s 2025 pick. Because the Lakers won’t know where their pick goes until, presumably, after the draft lottery and the order is set, this pick won’t be tradeable until just before the draft at the earliest, if at all.https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/22932237/lakers-future-nba-draft-picks-trades-swaps

SO technically either the 2024 or 2025 pick will be tradeable, but not until before that draft. Depends on what NO decides in 2024 lead up to the draft. We just have no control over it right now though.

Pelinka is an IDIOT. He had full leverage over AD situation so he is a fool for taking that either-or scenario. It makes the asset untradeable until you get to the draft. Pelinka could have easily pushed NO to choose the year upfront then the other would have been tradeable.