PDA

View Full Version : Jrue Holiday - Underrated and Underappreciated....

Full Court
04-07-2022, 07:22 PM
...by everyone except for Bucks fans.

He's one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. In my opinion, he should be in the DPOY conversation. Not saying he should win it - some of the great defensive bigs probably have a better case, but he should at least be in the discussion.

Aside from that, he's still scoring over 18 PPG and shooting over 40% from 3.

He's one of those role players that every championship team has who doesn't get a lot of prominence, but without them the team doesn't win a title. Kind of like Draymond Green.

1987_Lakers
04-07-2022, 07:27 PM
He was legit the best point guard on Team USA basketball during the Olympics. He's for sure overlooked as a player at times.

But DPOY convo is pushing it, no guard should ever win that award. Especially a guard who is only 6 foot 3, a player with that size will never have the defensive impact of taller players who can D up.

FultzNationRISE
04-07-2022, 07:28 PM
Hes a nice player.

I dont know who underrates him. I think he’s pretty well regarded in general.

Vino24
04-07-2022, 07:37 PM
AD couldn’t win with him

Full Court
04-07-2022, 07:39 PM
He was legit the best point guard on Team USA basketball during the Olympics. He's for sure overlooked as a player at times.

But DPOY convo is pushing it, no guard should ever win that award. Especially a guard who is only 6 foot 3, a player with that size will never have the defensive impact of taller players who can D up.

I agree that he probably doesn't have the impact of a Giannis or an Embiid, but I don't agree that a guard should never win that award. You need perimeter defense too to be a good defensive team. And if a guard is just that good that they're locking down other guards (e.g. Gary Payton), and they're at the top of the league defensively, I have no problem with them winning the award.

GimmeThat
04-07-2022, 07:40 PM
point guards need to set picks too, bruh

Manny98
04-07-2022, 07:50 PM
It's criminal that he's made only one all star team, he's the only point guard outside of Chris Paul that you can say is elite on both ends of the floor

SouBeachTalents
04-07-2022, 09:06 PM
I know he's only 3rd option so his scoring isn't as critical to the team, but god damn, he was unbelievably inefficient in last years playoffs, 17.3 ppg on 16.9 shots and 48%TS. Against Brooklyn & Phoenix he was straight up dreadful, he would've been the goat had they lost either of those series.