PDA

View Full Version : If Westbrook and THT were AVERAGE 3 point shooters..Lakers would be top 3 in west

TAZORAC
04-09-2022, 11:36 AM
On paper this years Lakers aren't as bad as they seem...kinda. Every team in the NBA has guards who are at least average 3 point shooters, other then the Lakers. Even with their poor defense, if Westbrook and THT were average 3 point shooters, the Lakers could have been top 3 in the WEST .

Give Vogel and Pilenka another.

Who agrees?

SouBeachTalents
04-09-2022, 11:39 AM
You’re selling them short, if Westbrook & THT improved to just average 3 point shooters the Lakers would’ve probably challenged the single season win record. Crazy how your guards 3 point shooting can take you from potentially 74 wins to barely 30.

Shogon
04-09-2022, 11:40 AM
The premise of this thread is retarded.

Their defense would still be ass.

Spurs m8
04-09-2022, 04:36 PM
No they wouldn't..because most of the time,they're a man short on D

beasted
04-09-2022, 04:55 PM
This thread is the runaway winner for worst thread of the day.

This idiot believes the Lakers were two average 3pt shooters away from turning their terrible 23rd ranked offense into a top team.

You can't make this stuff up.

warriorfan
04-09-2022, 07:03 PM
LeGm

bladefd
04-09-2022, 07:52 PM
Well, they were not. It's not worth crying over spilled milk, and it's not worth arguing "coulda, woulda, shoulda."

We sucked as a team, and individually the roster was badly constructed. The defense was horrendous across the board because of the team makeup. Vogel was handed a crappy hand, but I would not want to keep him around after that without losing the team (LeBron/AD). It's time for a change. Better than bringing someone back who is obviously stressed out after this rough season trying to coach this garbage squad.

I better see the next coach be allowed to choose his own staff. Rambii, Pelinka, etc kneecapped Vogel from the very beginning by not letting him choose his own staff, and Kurt Rambis was always in his ear telling him what to do with rotations. The coach needs to have autonomy to select his staff and run the team as he sees fit.

SATAN
04-09-2022, 11:13 PM
Vogel said THT was gonna be their 3 and D guy at the start of this season. :oldlol:

GimmeThat
04-09-2022, 11:18 PM
or maybe if the whole league smoked weed together, Lakers would be top 3 in the West.

TAZORAC
04-10-2022, 12:41 AM
Vogel said THT was gonna be their 3 and D guy at the start of this season. :oldlol:

That was suppose to be Ariza, Ellington, and Bazemore.

I knew the Lakers would be horrible because what they were missing last year was SHOOTING, and besides Ellington (who didn't get playing time because he can't handle the ball or play defense) they didn't get any shooting.

Soundwave
04-10-2022, 02:04 AM
Unfortunately for the Lakers ...

A) Their offense still would be nothing that special

B) Defense is 50% of the game.

BarberSchool
04-10-2022, 10:21 AM
Westbrick and Horton-Tucker, being able to shoot 3’s, even just a little bit, would certainly change the W-L record, but not by as much as you may imagine.

I think it could easily make them one of the top 3 teams amongst those 4 teams (7, 8, 9, 10) in the play-in games :lol :lol :lol :lol

LeCola
04-10-2022, 10:27 AM
I think Lakers could have 83-0 record if that happened.

beasted
04-10-2022, 02:26 PM
Westbrick and Horton-Tucker, being able to shoot 3’s, even just a little bit, would certainly change the W-L record, but not by as much as you may imagine.

I think it could easily make them one of the top 3 teams amongst those 4 teams (7, 8, 9, 10) in the play-in games :lol :lol :lol :lol
Bingo :roll:

Full Court
04-11-2022, 12:35 AM
It's already been said in this thread....but you're crazy if you think offense was the Lakers' problem. Their defense was so terrible that garbage teams were having their way with them.

Charlie Sheen
04-11-2022, 01:27 PM
Well, they were not. It's not worth crying over spilled milk, and it's not worth arguing "coulda, woulda, shoulda."

We sucked as a team, and individually the roster was badly constructed. The defense was horrendous across the board because of the team makeup. Vogel was handed a crappy hand, but I would not want to keep him around after that without losing the team (LeBron/AD). It's time for a change. Better than bringing someone back who is obviously stressed out after this rough season trying to coach this garbage squad.

I better see the next coach be allowed to choose his own staff. Rambii, Pelinka, etc kneecapped Vogel from the very beginning by not letting him choose his own staff, and Kurt Rambis was always in his ear telling him what to do with rotations. The coach needs to have autonomy to select his staff and run the team as he sees fit.

:applause:

RogueBorg
04-11-2022, 02:28 PM
The league three-point average from Lebron's rookie season to 2022 is .357

Lebron's a career .346 three-point shooter.

Maybe if Lebron was an average 3 point shooter...:yaohappy:

ShawkFactory
04-11-2022, 03:47 PM
The league three-point average from Lebron's rookie season to 2022 is .357

Lebron's a career .346 three-point shooter.

Maybe if Lebron was an average 3 point shooter...:yaohappy:

What does what Lebron shot from 3 in 2005 have to do with the 2022 Lakers?