PDA

View Full Version : Joel Embiid now has the record for most games with 40 pt and 10 reb in a season

fourkicks44
04-09-2022, 04:19 PM
Since the ABA/NBA merger anyway.

Just overtook Moses Malone and Russ who both did it in their MVP seasons.

Too bad he won't win his own MVP this year. Phenomenal season tho.

Full Court
04-09-2022, 04:50 PM
Good for him. I don't understand the hate he gets. He's definitely one of the best.

StrongLurk
04-09-2022, 06:46 PM
Good for him. I don't understand the hate he gets. He's definitely one of the best.

Lol really? Considering your hate of Lebron, I thought you'd hate Embiid even more.

Spuddywebby
04-09-2022, 07:07 PM
Also currently tied for biggest cryer after early exit playoffs. Will most likely break the record after this season’s playoffs

Mask the Embiid
04-09-2022, 07:12 PM
But but but RAPTOR! VORP! Winshares!

John_Connor
04-09-2022, 07:32 PM
embiid is the best when he plays trash teams

however he tends to shit his pants when the pressure is on. he's lost nearly every big mvp showdown game this year and got spanked 3 times by Toronto

not my mvp

Kblaze8855
04-09-2022, 07:42 PM
I really hate non record records. The “If we don’t count the real record” records made for a headline. The thing that makes breaking a record so impressive is how unobtainable they are. When you manufacture them with largely meaningless cutoffs like when the Spurs, Nuggets, Nets, and Pacers joined? Not the 3 point line(years after the merger) or several other major expansions or rule changes. Just some shit used specifically because it removes the people with many of the real records.

There are plenty of records those guys couldn’t set due to era. Blocks. Assists with the tighter rules. 3 point records. Almost anything with totals(less games played regular season and playoffs). We don’t just give it to them anyway. All that said….I ****s with Embiid. He’s nice. Nicer than he should be with his frame:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SimpleBruisedGonolek-size_restricted.gif

I just….hate fake records.

fourkicks44
04-09-2022, 07:55 PM
I really hate non record records. The “If we don’t count the real record” records made for a headline. The thing that makes breaking a record so impressive is how unobtainable they are. When you manufacture them with largely meaningless cutoffs like when the Spurs, Nuggets, Nets, and Pacers joined? Not the 3 point line(years after the merger) or several other major expansions or rule changes. Just some shit used specifically because it removes the people with many of the real records.

There are plenty of records those guys couldn’t set due to era. Blocks. Assists with the tighter rules. 3 point records. Almost anything with totals(less games played regular season and playoffs). We don’t just give it to them anyway. All that said….I ****s with Embiid. He’s nice. Nicer than he should be with his frame:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SimpleBruisedGonolek-size_restricted.gif

I just….hate fake records.

Fair points. I have been thinking about it and without looking it up I assume the only player in complete NBA history, post and pre merger, that has more 40-10 games in a season must be Wilt. I could be wrong but I can't imagine anyone else is up there.

tontoz
04-09-2022, 08:45 PM
Looks like Embiid will get the scoring title. He is 36 points up on Giannis with 1 game to play for both.

LeBron isn't even listed among the scoring leaders. :lol

https://www.espn.com/nba/stats/player

RRR3
04-09-2022, 09:29 PM
Looks like Embiid will get the scoring title. He is 36 points up on Giannis with 1 game to play for both.

LeBron isn't even listed among the scoring leaders. :lol

https://www.espn.com/nba/stats/player
LeBron isn’t qualified he didn’t play enough games.

Full Court
04-09-2022, 09:44 PM
Lol really? Considering your hate of Lebron, I thought you'd hate Embiid even more.

How so? What criticisms that I've made of Lebron apply to Embiid?

SATAN
04-09-2022, 11:16 PM
Not impressed by playing for fouls.

bison
04-09-2022, 11:22 PM

Garbage automated reply from a person who doesn’t watch basketball but just looks at box scores and social media memes.

GimmeThat
04-09-2022, 11:23 PM

I suppose if Embiid was more of a vocal leader, his assists could improve

SATAN
04-09-2022, 11:23 PM
Garbage automated reply from a person who doesn’t watch basketball but just looks at box scores and social media memes.

No.

Full Court
04-10-2022, 01:04 PM
No.

Yes.

Beezleblubber is the very definition of a low IQ fan.